Ornament Exchange

Options

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    gami43 said:

Jean, really looking forward
    Jean, really looking forward to getting my sister.
    Thank you for doing this for us. Any "rules" to follow?

Luv & hugs, Teresa

There really aren't any
    There really aren't any rules~ I just always wanted this to be a fun and rule-stress free part of our lives! Sometimes, when the participants send in their names they say "I am Christian" or " I don't celebrate the holidays but want to participate" to "I collect Santas", or nothing at all! It may be you know nothing about the person you are sending to, and whoever gets your name knows nothing about you! Or, Jean may say, You are sending to so-and-so- and she collects sheep ornaments! I have always left it up to each of us if we even want to disclose our names or not~ we can be 100% Secret Santas, or we can let the recipient know it is from us! The really fun part though is that we suggest ( no rules! Just a suggestion! LOL) that when you get your ornament, please let us know about it on the boards! Describe it and where you put it and who it is from ( if you know!)~some post pictures of it on their expressions page, or even change their profile picture to a picture of their ornament!

Bottom line...HAVE FUN!!! You will find you are just as excited as when you were a child !
  • Grandma X 6
    Grandma X 6 Member Posts: 135
    Options
    chenheart said:

There really aren't any
    There really aren't any rules~ I just always wanted this to be a fun and rule-stress free part of our lives! Sometimes, when the participants send in their names they say "I am Christian" or " I don't celebrate the holidays but want to participate" to "I collect Santas", or nothing at all! It may be you know nothing about the person you are sending to, and whoever gets your name knows nothing about you! Or, Jean may say, You are sending to so-and-so- and she collects sheep ornaments! I have always left it up to each of us if we even want to disclose our names or not~ we can be 100% Secret Santas, or we can let the recipient know it is from us! The really fun part though is that we suggest ( no rules! Just a suggestion! LOL) that when you get your ornament, please let us know about it on the boards! Describe it and where you put it and who it is from ( if you know!)~some post pictures of it on their expressions page, or even change their profile picture to a picture of their ornament!

Bottom line...HAVE FUN!!! You will find you are just as excited as when you were a child !

Me too!
    I don't remember how to PM chemo brain, will some tell me how. I did do it last year it was fun. Thanks
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options

Me too!
    I don't remember how to PM chemo brain, will some tell me how. I did do it last year it was fun. Thanks

GrandmaX3...on the left hand
    GrandmaX3...on the left hand side of your page, under CSN, there is CSN email~ click on it! It will take you right where you want to be! Scroll to "write a new message"~ and there you are!
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    Me Too!!
    I just sent the PM!

Me Too!!

I just sent the PM! Last year I had such fun shopping for just the right ornament...I look forward to that again!

Hugs,

Linda
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Jean - You are a Holiday Angel!!!
    Although I know our dear Chen derives much joy handling the Ornament Exchange - I'm so glad she's been relieved of the responsbility this season, all things considered. Thank you, Jean, for stepping in - which will allow Claudia to focus more of her time & energy on herself.

Kind regards, Susan
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

Jean - You are a Holiday Angel!!!
    Although I know our dear Chen derives much joy handling the Ornament Exchange - I'm so glad she's been relieved of the responsbility this season, all things considered. Thank you, Jean, for stepping in - which will allow Claudia to focus more of her time & energy on herself.

Kind regards, Susan

Santa Jean!
    Jean, you are our Santa! It is so kind of you to do this for the pink sisters.

Hugs, Lex
  • Nana C.
    Nana C. Member Posts: 108
    Options
    ornament exchange
    Dear Jean,

I sent you my information, first year for me and I am soooo excited! Thank you so much.

Hugs and prayers
    Nana
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    :-)
    Oh boy I am already excited.....oh boy....oh boy...oh boy!!!
  • cindy1961
    cindy1961 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    I would love to try

I would love to try
  • Masons Nana
    Masons Nana Member Posts: 16
    Options
    cindy1961 said:

I would love to try

I would love to try

Ornament exchange
    This is the first year for me too. I just sent my info to Jean. Looking forward to having a fun activity.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Jean!!!!
    For picking up the task for our dear Chen!

I have pm'ed you, I hope you got it!

Hugs, Kathi
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

There really aren't any

SHEEP ornaments?
    Hummmmm.... don't think I've seen them.

I WILL say that I have loved the ornaments I've received every year....it seems that they have captured the 'real me'....even the one where the skater had fallen *smile*.

I know I haven't be posting as much this year, and the only excuse I have is taking care of my mom's estate. So, I hope I am forgiven, I still come as much as I can...and send all of my best hugs to you all!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    KathiM said:

Thank you, Jean!!!!
    For picking up the task for our dear Chen!

I have pm'ed you, I hope you got it!

Hugs, Kathi

You are the best for doing
    You are the best for doing this for the pink sisters Jean! And, I like the new name you have now, Santa Jean!

Hugs to you,

Angie
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    skipper54 said:

Count me in!
    To pm someone, go to csn email, click on send message, enter Jean 0609 in this instance, and write your message.

Thanks Jean!
    For you to give up your free time to do this is so kind of you Jean. I know everyone sends you a big thank you and a big hug!
  • KitKatKat
    KitKatKat Member Posts: 27
    Options
    ornament exchange
    I would be honored to be a part of this.. Count me in!! What a great way to make friends.
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    KitKatKat said:

ornament exchange
    I would be honored to be a part of this.. Count me in!! What a great way to make friends.

Ornament exchange virgin here, too!
    (So be gentle with me, please...! :-)

Nana C., cindy1961, and Masons Nana -- I'm an ornament exchange virgin, too! Last year, I was still recovering from treatment and from moving -- the year before, I had just finished chemo and was starting radiation, and didn't have an ounce of energy (or brain cells) to spare.

THIS year, however, I started planning for this several months ago -- can't tell how, it's a SURPRISE!

(I will say, however -- my surprise does not involve SHEEP in any way. Just thought I should make that clear.)

:-) Traci
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Nana C., cindy1961, and Masons Nana -- I'm an ornament exchange virgin, too! Last year, I was still recovering from treatment and from moving -- the year before, I had just finished chemo and was starting radiation, and didn't have an ounce of energy (or brain cells) to spare.

THIS year, however, I started planning for this several months ago -- can't tell how, it's a SURPRISE!

(I will say, however -- my surprise does not involve SHEEP in any way. Just thought I should make that clear.)

Sheep huh Traci?
    Sheep huh Traci? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm You going to keep us in the dark for long? LOL
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Nana C. said:

ornament exchange
    Dear Jean,

I sent you my information, first year for me and I am soooo excited! Thank you so much.

Hugs and prayers
    Nana

Jean, you have everyone
    Jean, you have everyone excited and smiling. Thanks for doing this!
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

But does it involve a pink
    But does it involve a pink pig? Just kidding--I couldn't help myself...lol.
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options

But does it involve a pink
    But does it involve a pink pig? Just kidding--I couldn't help myself...lol.

i loooooove piggies!!

i loooooove piggies!!