Giving-up

Comments

• Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member

Four legged caregiver.
    Guess Nizzy is my only caregiver. I just wish I had a caregiver with opposable thumbs! This way he could make me tea, and cook dinner for me every once in a while.

Anyone who knows me, knows how I have felt about my animals. They are like my children. I was devistated when I lost my dog, Kiaya. I went two days without a dog, then I went to pick up Nizzy. He was the best gift ever. I love him with all my heart. He is the sweetest boy, and I wouldn't be here without him. We are inseparable.

Noodle...
    You two are a perfect match.....life long critter mates...

~John
  • Ingrid K
    Ingrid K Member Posts: 813
    Skiffin16 said:

Noodle...
    You two are a perfect match.....life long critter mates...

~John

you and nizzie
    John's right... when we think of you, we think of nizzie, too.
  • keep_the_faith
    keep_the_faith Member Posts: 49
    Hondo said:

Never giving up
    Thank you all for comments I forgot the other part and that is the family here on CSN. Believe it or not but somehow this bad thing cancer has brought a lot of people together from many different part of the world and made us all one. I am so grateful to be a part of this family of friends who I can draw strength from in times of need. And so glad that God has blessed me with a Woman like my Wife who is there for me and helps to keep pushing me forward and never giving up.

Thank you all
    ╠╣ONDO

Tears running down my cheeks
    Hondo,

Never give up. You and Sweet have been my inspiration. I, too, get depressed some days, but I just slap my face and say get over it. There's too much to live for and do with the rest of your life. Being a widow with two adult children who live with me and cannot find jobs can get very depressing and draining on my budget. But, through it all I keep saying it will get better and things will work out. To others, seeing me on the outside I look (people tell me) great, but they really don't know how I feel on the inside (in pain).

Thank goodness for my children who help and to my wonderful friends who accept my disfigured face.

Don't ever give up.
  • luv2cut1
    luv2cut1 Member Posts: 288

Four legged caregiver.
    Guess Nizzy is my only caregiver. I just wish I had a caregiver with opposable thumbs! This way he could make me tea, and cook dinner for me every once in a while.

Anyone who knows me, knows how I have felt about my animals. They are like my children. I was devistated when I lost my dog, Kiaya. I went two days without a dog, then I went to pick up Nizzy. He was the best gift ever. I love him with all my heart. He is the sweetest boy, and I wouldn't be here without him. We are inseparable.

John is right
    You two look perfect together! I also like the nickname Nizzy Noodle. Not sure if you or John made that up, but it is perfect.

What kind of dog is Nizzy? He is super cute!

Myka
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    luv2cut1 said:

John is right
    You two look perfect together! I also like the nickname Nizzy Noodle. Not sure if you or John made that up, but it is perfect.

What kind of dog is Nizzy? He is super cute!

Myka

Noodle.
    John and Shelley call him Nizzy Noodle. I called him Nizzy-Doodle. There are times when I try to dress him, that he is like a 12 pound wet noodle. His proper name was Noah, he was named that when I got him. He quickly got the nick name Nizzle. I have a friend that like Snoop Dog, put an '-izzle' on the end of everything. He is also the Nizzmeister. Or King Noah. Or, as he reminds me, His Majesty.

He is a Hairless Chinese Crested. No fur. Just skin. Hair on his crest (head), socks (feet), and plume (tail). He is a true hairless, so I don't have to do much in the way of keeping him trimmed. There are also hairy hairless, which tend to look like a dog going through chemo and losing their hair, and the Powder Puff. Which has a double coat of hair. I don't care for the ones with hair. I love my naked baby. :)

He really is the sweetest and best dog for me.
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member

Noodle.
    John and Shelley call him Nizzy Noodle. I called him Nizzy-Doodle. There are times when I try to dress him, that he is like a 12 pound wet noodle. His proper name was Noah, he was named that when I got him. He quickly got the nick name Nizzle. I have a friend that like Snoop Dog, put an '-izzle' on the end of everything. He is also the Nizzmeister. Or King Noah. Or, as he reminds me, His Majesty.

He is a Hairless Chinese Crested. No fur. Just skin. Hair on his crest (head), socks (feet), and plume (tail). He is a true hairless, so I don't have to do much in the way of keeping him trimmed. There are also hairy hairless, which tend to look like a dog going through chemo and losing their hair, and the Powder Puff. Which has a double coat of hair. I don't care for the ones with hair. I love my naked baby. :)

He really is the sweetest and best dog for me.

Noodle

They say that after a while people start to look like there dogs or is it there dogs start to look like there owners. I got to say the both of you sure look good to me but he looks more like a Sweet Noodle.

:+})
    Hondo
  • luv2cut1
    luv2cut1 Member Posts: 288
    Patti678 said:

That's very sweet! They
    That's very sweet! They definitely know you are sick. My pom Charlie knew the cancer was there. He would dig on my throat before the docs even detected it. The only time he did that was right before they confirmed the cancer was there.

Awesome!
    These dog stories are so awesome! Please keep them coming. They are heartwarming.

Thanks to all our best friends

Myka
  • Hondo
    luv2cut1 said:

Awesome!
    These dog stories are so awesome! Please keep them coming. They are heartwarming.

Thanks to all our best friends

Myka

Pit Bulls

Most people think that Pit Bulls are the worse dogs in the world, but like any animal it is all in how you treat them. I never like Pit Bulls because of all I heard bad about them, never knowing one. My daughter drop off her Pit Bull at my house 8 years ago when I was going through my first Cancer treatment. I could have never believed how loving and caring a Dog could be especially a Pit Bull. She is 9 years old now and I don’t know what will happen when the days come that she is no longer with me. She is just like one of my children

Hondo
  • Patti678
    Patti678 Member Posts: 55
    Hondo said:

Pit Bulls

Most people think that Pit Bulls are the worse dogs in the world, but like any animal it is all in how you treat them. I never like Pit Bulls because of all I heard bad about them, never knowing one. My daughter drop off her Pit Bull at my house 8 years ago when I was going through my first Cancer treatment. I could have never believed how loving and caring a Dog could be especially a Pit Bull. She is 9 years old now and I don’t know what will happen when the days come that she is no longer with me. She is just like one of my children

Hondo

Pits
    My ex-bf had a pitbull mix who was the sweetest dog in the world. She actually shared my pillow with me. Her name is Bella and I think I was more upset about losing her than him when we broke up.
  • palmyrafan
    palmyrafan Member Posts: 396
    There are definitely
    days when I feel like giving up. Sometimes I just don't know how much more I can take. But then my caregiver, my wonderful husband, very gently points to our two beautiful Siamese cats and says "they need their mama". He also points to the pictures of our 6 grandchildren and says "they need their grandma". He then reminds me that the kids (both grown) still need me and that he needs me more than any of them.

Neil (my husband) reminds me what I'm fighting FOR. When I feel like quitting he asks me if I am giving in to the cancer and letting the cancer win. NO!!!!! I refuse to let the cancer win; I will not give up without a fight!

It is tough on a daily basis to keep fighting. But the alternative is even tougher.

Hang in there Hondo. Your wife needs you and so do I. You are an inspiration to me to keep fighting. We can't do it without our caregivers; they are what keeps us going.

Hugs,
    Teresa
  • palmyrafan
    palmyrafan Member Posts: 396
    There are definitely
    days when I feel like giving up. Sometimes I just don't know how much more I can take. But then my caregiver, my wonderful husband, very gently points to our two beautiful Siamese cats and says "they need their mama". He also points to the pictures of our 6 grandchildren and says "they need their grandma". He then reminds me that the kids (both grown) still need me and that he needs me more than any of them.

Neil (my husband) reminds me what I'm fighting FOR. When I feel like quitting he asks me if I am giving in to the cancer and letting the cancer win. NO!!!!! I refuse to let the cancer win; I will not give up without a fight!

It is tough on a daily basis to keep fighting. But the alternative is even tougher.

Hang in there Hondo. Your wife needs you and so do I. You are an inspiration to me to keep fighting. We can't do it without our caregivers; they are what keeps us going.

Hugs,
    Teresa
  • Hondo

There are definitely

Hugs,
    Teresa

Hi Teresa

Thanks for the encouragement like you said I guess at times we all have good and bad days when we feel like giving up. But when we look at all the ones who need us how can we ever give-up on them. I am also so glad to be a part of CSN as it is like a family of friends who understand. I only wish I knew about CSN when I first found out I had C as I would have been so better prepared for the fight.

All the best
    Hondo
  • Hondo
    Patti678 said:

Pits
    My ex-bf had a pitbull mix who was the sweetest dog in the world. She actually shared my pillow with me. Her name is Bella and I think I was more upset about losing her than him when we broke up.

He took the Dog
    What a jerk the Ring and Dog always stay with the girl. :+})

Hondo
  • Noellesmom
    Noellesmom Member Posts: 1,859 Member
    Hondo said:

He took the Dog
    What a jerk the Ring and Dog always stay with the girl. :+})

Hondo

pit bulls
    We have pit bulls - and bichon mixes - and if the bichons weren't so bossy, the pit bulls would cuddle with them.

Our two pit bulls are the sweetest and gentlest dogs you could ever hope to be around. I'm not sure they know they are dogs...
  • Hondo

pit bulls
    We have pit bulls - and bichon mixes - and if the bichons weren't so bossy, the pit bulls would cuddle with them.

Our two pit bulls are the sweetest and gentlest dogs you could ever hope to be around. I'm not sure they know they are dogs...

Hi Noellesmom
    You are so right they are just the sweetest dogs you can have it is all in the way you train them just like any dog.

Harley

Thanks
    Hondo
  • dales2loud
    dales2loud Member Posts: 45

There are definitely

Hugs,
    Teresa

This is a fight!
    Hang in there, you are all needed and loved. This cancer is no wimp and you've got to keep fighting the good fight.
    There are better day's ahead but there are some Big bumps in the road along the way, you must keep telling yourself "I'm OK". I used to look at myself in the mirror after a bad radiation day, feeling like my throat was closing up on me, not even recognizing the guy that I was looking at. I would tell myself " I'm OK", and somehow I was.
    There were true prayer warriors praying for me everyday and that gave me strength and now I will do the same for All of you!
    ps, there was also a toy poodle by the name of Cody that stayed in bed with me through it all, God must be an animal lover too.
  • zinniemay
    zinniemay Member Posts: 522

Four legged caregiver.

Nizzy
    Dawn, you know me! Z=Nizzy makes me smile everyday. I think he is great..
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    zinniemay said:

Nizzy
    Dawn, you know me! Z=Nizzy makes me smile everyday. I think he is great..

Zinniemay
    LMAO! I think I just realized who you were! My Facebook friend?! Sometimes I am dense. Lol.
  • donnahamblin
    donnahamblin Member Posts: 47
    You are a blessed man:-)
    To have a wonderful caregiver, wife and friend will get you through this horrible time in your life and make you much stronger. Don't ever give up Hondo. I'm not letting my husband give up either. I would be nothing without him. My prayers are with you and your beautiful caregiver:-)

Donna
  • Hondo

You are a blessed man:-)
    To have a wonderful caregiver, wife and friend will get you through this horrible time in your life and make you much stronger. Don't ever give up Hondo. I'm not letting my husband give up either. I would be nothing without him. My prayers are with you and your beautiful caregiver:-)

Donna

Hi Donna
    Yes we are just sooo blessed to have caregivers like you. I am a fighter and I don’t give up easy on anything but I know without my Wife caregiver by my side I would never have made it this far.

This morning while we were talking we remembered that it was in mid November 2002 about two weeks before Thanksgiving when we first found out I had Cancer.

God bless you both
    Hondo