PET Part 1 & 2 (No NED but not bad)

Options

Comments

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options

great news!
    No change is just as good, Hondo. Healing tissues causes them to be unable and unwilling to say NED but that's okay. Healing is good.

Now, have a great weekend!

Hi Mom
    Yep weeking is already starting good, agree on the healing tissue.

wishing you all the best
    Hondo
  • rozaroo
    rozaroo Member Posts: 665
    Options
    Jimbo55 said:

Good Stuff
    Great News Hondo, so very glad for you. Sure hope the lung thing turns out to be much ado over nothing. Cheers.

Jimbo

Hondo!
    Congratulation's on your pet! I am so happy for you!
  • Hondo
    Options
    Jimbo55 said:

Good Stuff
    Great News Hondo, so very glad for you. Sure hope the lung thing turns out to be much ado over nothing. Cheers.

Jimbo

Hi Jimbo
    Thanks my friend, I guess I need to start learning how to do deep breathing exercise to keep the lungs clean and working better.

Take care
    Hondo
  • buzz99
    buzz99 Member Posts: 404
    Options
    Hondo said:

No NED but not bad

Got the results of my PET a little while ago and the doctor was impressed that there was no change in the nasal area from 6 months ago, while it is not NED no change is just as good. But now a new problem the PET is showing some areas in the Lungs that are suspicious, however he does not think it is cancer. He wants to do another PET in 3 or 4 months just to check but at this point he believe it is something caused form aspiration rather than cancer.

He also said I don’t know what you are doing but whatever it is just keep doing it.

Thanks you all for your prayers and support look like you all will have to put up with me for some time to come.
    Hondo

Pet results
    Go with no change. That is what we are also hoping for. Buzz had his PET on the 8th and we will get results on the 13th. Hope we can put up with you for a long, long time. Karen
  • staceya
    staceya Member Posts: 720
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Jimbo
    Thanks my friend, I guess I need to start learning how to do deep breathing exercise to keep the lungs clean and working better.

Take care
    Hondo

Congratulations
    Congratulations on your pet scan results and thank you again for your continuous words of wisdom and inspiration on this site.
    Thanks to all who post here! Could not imagine not having this group to lean on.
    Stacey
  • arndog64
    arndog64 Member Posts: 537
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Jimbo

Take care
    Hondo

Good to hear your pet was
    Good to hear your pet was good enought to give you a pass for a few months.LOL Take care and eat my friend. Have a great weekend.
  • jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    arndog64 said:

Good to hear your pet was good enought to give you a pass for a few months.LOL Take care and eat my friend. Have a great weekend.

Hondo, thanking God for the
    Hondo, thanking God for the no change and for keeping you around longer. Your posts have been and continue to be a source of encouragement and peace,

God Bless
    Debbie
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    Hondo said:

John

The Doctor did not seem too concerned about the lungs, but as with anything I guess he wants to recheck it. Also he is saying I am too skinny and need some weight back on my bones, or he will have to put a PEG tube in, this is all related to the Jaw problem. He also wants me to eat more meat but I told him I am a vegetarian, he knew that, but I said I did eat fish and sometimes I eat a little chicken, so the next time I see him I will bring some lead weight with me to help on the scale.

Oh well
    Hondo

eating meat
    You know, it drives me crazy when I hear that. I have had so many people tell me that I will end up with malnutrition if I don't eat meat. Don't get me wrong, I am a pro meat eater, but if I cannot swallow it, what do you want me to do? I have had two drs say something about it. My primary doctor expressed concern I would not be getting enough protein. I assured her that I get plenty, and when I gave her a sample day of what I ate, she agreed I am good to go for nutrtion.

I think you will only have problems if you are very restrictive in what you eat, or unless you are the kind of vegetarian that eats no meat, but lives on junk food, like chips and fries, and ramen noodles. I have had a few that worked for me.

The more restrictive your diet, the harder it is to get everything you need. You just need to be conscious and try to get in more vitamin b, zinc, protein, and other things that meat provides, like protein you can get from eggs and dairy products, soy products, meat substitutes, legumes, lentils, beans, nuts, seeds and whole grains. Calcium, from dark green vegetables (spinach, turnip, collard greens, kale, and broccoli, tofu enriched with calcium and fortified soy milk, fruit juices. Vitamin B-12, milk, eggs, and cheese, enriched cereals, fortified soy products, a vitamin supplement. Iron is in dried beans and peas, lentils, enriched cereals, whole grain products, dark leafy green vegetables, dried fruit. Zinc can be found in whole grains, soy products, nuts, wheat germ...

Hondo, if I had you for a month, I could fatten you up. :)
  • Hondo
    Options
    staceya said:

Congratulations
    Congratulations on your pet scan results and thank you again for your continuous words of wisdom and inspiration on this site.
    Thanks to all who post here! Could not imagine not having this group to lean on.
    Stacey

Hi Stacey
    That is so right we learn from the trials of others and from that we draw strength. If someone was helped by my trials and pain with cancer then it was all well worth the price, come to think about it that is what God did for mankind in sending his Son to die for us.

The best support group is right here on H&N @ CSN
    Hondo
  • Hondo
    Options
    arndog64 said:

arndog
    Thanks for the kinds words and have a blessed and save week-end too

Hondo
  • Hondo
    Options
    jim and i said:

Hondo, thanking God for the
    Hondo, thanking God for the no change and for keeping you around longer. Your posts have been and continue to be a source of encouragement and peace,

God Bless
    Debbie

Hi Debbie
    Yep I give all the credit to my Lord & Friend Jesus and thanks to all for their prayers or thoughts in my behalf.

Thanks
    Hondo
  • Hondo
    Options

eating meat
    You know, it drives me crazy when I hear that. I have had so many people tell me that I will end up with malnutrition if I don't eat meat. Don't get me wrong, I am a pro meat eater, but if I cannot swallow it, what do you want me to do? I have had two drs say something about it. My primary doctor expressed concern I would not be getting enough protein. I assured her that I get plenty, and when I gave her a sample day of what I ate, she agreed I am good to go for nutrtion.

I think you will only have problems if you are very restrictive in what you eat, or unless you are the kind of vegetarian that eats no meat, but lives on junk food, like chips and fries, and ramen noodles. I have had a few that worked for me.

The more restrictive your diet, the harder it is to get everything you need. You just need to be conscious and try to get in more vitamin b, zinc, protein, and other things that meat provides, like protein you can get from eggs and dairy products, soy products, meat substitutes, legumes, lentils, beans, nuts, seeds and whole grains. Calcium, from dark green vegetables (spinach, turnip, collard greens, kale, and broccoli, tofu enriched with calcium and fortified soy milk, fruit juices. Vitamin B-12, milk, eggs, and cheese, enriched cereals, fortified soy products, a vitamin supplement. Iron is in dried beans and peas, lentils, enriched cereals, whole grain products, dark leafy green vegetables, dried fruit. Zinc can be found in whole grains, soy products, nuts, wheat germ...

Hondo, if I had you for a month, I could fatten you up. :)

Hi Sweet
    I agree I am very open in what I eat being a somewhat-vegetarian but that is not the problems, the problems is getting it down my little throat that can’t be dilated because my Jaw will not open enough. I eat a lot of dairy products, beans (oh how I love beans), and just about everything you have there it just takes so long to eat. My friends at work will not invite me to lunch because I take too long to finish eating, I try to rush as fast as I can but I can’t get two bites in before they are finish and ready to go. So I stay at the office now and bring my lunch that way I can take my time and eat everything.

I would head your way sweet but I would need a boat right now, lol. Hopping the damage from the hurricane is not too bad; the pictures sure make it look bad

Thanks
    Hondo
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Sweet
    I agree I am very open in what I eat being a somewhat-vegetarian but that is not the problems, the problems is getting it down my little throat that can’t be dilated because my Jaw will not open enough. I eat a lot of dairy products, beans (oh how I love beans), and just about everything you have there it just takes so long to eat. My friends at work will not invite me to lunch because I take too long to finish eating, I try to rush as fast as I can but I can’t get two bites in before they are finish and ready to go. So I stay at the office now and bring my lunch that way I can take my time and eat everything.

I would head your way sweet but I would need a boat right now, lol. Hopping the damage from the hurricane is not too bad; the pictures sure make it look bad

Thanks
    Hondo

I know, I have the same swallowing problem.
    It takes me two hours to eat a meal. No exaggeration. If I try to get down meat it can be two and a half hours. Trust me, I could fatten you up. You would need more than a boat. It's still really bad. The roads weren't just flooded, they were washed away. This is going to take months. If not years to recover. The worst recorded flood here was in 1972 with Agnes. This was worse.
    Got a message from a friend. Not only was her house flooded, basement completely full and 7" in the first floor, but it's full of oil! I am assuming from the oil heater tank in the basement. It's a total loss.
  • Hondo
    Options

I know, I have the same swallowing problem.
    It takes me two hours to eat a meal. No exaggeration. If I try to get down meat it can be two and a half hours. Trust me, I could fatten you up. You would need more than a boat. It's still really bad. The roads weren't just flooded, they were washed away. This is going to take months. If not years to recover. The worst recorded flood here was in 1972 with Agnes. This was worse.
    Got a message from a friend. Not only was her house flooded, basement completely full and 7" in the first floor, but it's full of oil! I am assuming from the oil heater tank in the basement. It's a total loss.

Eating
    You and I would start and finish about the same time. My Jaw also gets tired after a while from chewing and it gets me frustrated and I give up and leave the table, so my wife now tried to make food that is soft and easy for me to just swallow without much chewing. It is a day by day deal trying to put a little meat back on these bones but I am not giving up.

So sorry to hear about all the loss and it will take a long time to rebuild but the good thing is everyone still have their life which is something that can never be replaced.

Thanks
    Hondo
  • Carolinagal
    Carolinagal Member Posts: 91
    Options
    Hondo said:

arndog
    Thanks for the kinds words and have a blessed and save week-end too

Hondo

good news
    I'm so glad for you!
  • luv4lacrosse
    luv4lacrosse Member Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    NO CHANGE = GREAT NEWS
    Nice to hear there is no change. Sounds like that is just the way your body is responding, and it is working for you.

I too had a suspicious looking area on a February CT scan in the upper lobe of my lung. My Drs. also were not really concerned with cancer, but looked at it as scar tissue from the radiation and or an aspiration. I had a follow up Chest CT in June and the suspicious "shadowy" area was completely gone. They then just called it "inflamation of an unknown origin."

Speaking of meat issues, can you eat any type of sloppy joe sandwiches? I also have better susscess with ground turkey VS ground beef for some reason. I also make home made chicken parmesan using breast tenderloins that I further tenderize with a mallet and let simmer in red sauce and provel chesse. I can eat allot of this stuff and it seems to slide down pretty easy. You can get some protien, veggies in the sauce and some calcium from the cheese.

You are a trooper

Mike
  • pattyanny
    pattyanny Member Posts: 544
    Options

NO CHANGE = GREAT NEWS
    Nice to hear there is no change. Sounds like that is just the way your body is responding, and it is working for you.

I too had a suspicious looking area on a February CT scan in the upper lobe of my lung. My Drs. also were not really concerned with cancer, but looked at it as scar tissue from the radiation and or an aspiration. I had a follow up Chest CT in June and the suspicious "shadowy" area was completely gone. They then just called it "inflamation of an unknown origin."

Speaking of meat issues, can you eat any type of sloppy joe sandwiches? I also have better susscess with ground turkey VS ground beef for some reason. I also make home made chicken parmesan using breast tenderloins that I further tenderize with a mallet and let simmer in red sauce and provel chesse. I can eat allot of this stuff and it seems to slide down pretty easy. You can get some protien, veggies in the sauce and some calcium from the cheese.

You are a trooper

Mike

Great News!
    I am very happy for you! May God bless and keep you healthy! Just another bump in the road - right! :) Love & Prayers, Patty
  • Jan Trinks
    Jan Trinks Member Posts: 477
    Options
    Hondo said:

No NED but not bad

Got the results of my PET a little while ago and the doctor was impressed that there was no change in the nasal area from 6 months ago, while it is not NED no change is just as good. But now a new problem the PET is showing some areas in the Lungs that are suspicious, however he does not think it is cancer. He wants to do another PET in 3 or 4 months just to check but at this point he believe it is something caused form aspiration rather than cancer.

He also said I don’t know what you are doing but whatever it is just keep doing it.

Thanks you all for your prayers and support look like you all will have to put up with me for some time to come.
    Hondo

Glad to Put Up With You!
    Hondo:

That is good news and so thankful for no change and lungs probably not cancer! Way to go!

God Bless!

Jan (Basketcase)
  • Greend
    Greend Member Posts: 678
    Options
    Hondo said:

No NED but not bad

Hondo

Lungs
    Hondo,

Good news. I too had a"lung scare" and it turned out to be nothing serious.

Thoughts are with you.

Denny
  • Irishgypsie
    Irishgypsie Member Posts: 333
    Options
    pattyanny said:

Great News!
    I am very happy for you! May God bless and keep you healthy! Just another bump in the road - right! :) Love & Prayers, Patty

:)
    Happy 4 U!!!!!