Options

Comments

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Pumakitty said:

Glad to hear
    Hondo,

This news sounds pretty good to me. Please keep doing what you are doing. I did not get a chance to post but I was saying tons of prayers for you.

Kathy

Prayers
    God is watching from above.

Thanks for all the prayers Kathy
    Hondo
  • Puggle
    Puggle Member Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hondo said:

No NED but not bad

Got the results of my PET a little while ago and the doctor was impressed that there was no change in the nasal area from 6 months ago, while it is not NED no change is just as good. But now a new problem the PET is showing some areas in the Lungs that are suspicious, however he does not think it is cancer. He wants to do another PET in 3 or 4 months just to check but at this point he believe it is something caused form aspiration rather than cancer.

He also said I don’t know what you are doing but whatever it is just keep doing it.

Thanks you all for your prayers and support look like you all will have to put up with me for some time to come.
    Hondo

Sounds like good news to me!
    I agree, no change is good news plus, from what you are saying the Dr. doesn't seem too concerned about the few areas in the lungs. Glad to hear!
  • Hondo
    Options
    Puggle said:

Sounds like good news to me!
    I agree, no change is good news plus, from what you are saying the Dr. doesn't seem too concerned about the few areas in the lungs. Glad to hear!

Hi Puggle
    I agree if the Doc is not too worried that make me feel just find.

Thanks
    Hondo
  • shoeloy
    shoeloy Member Posts: 70
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Puggle
    I agree if the Doc is not too worried that make me feel just find.

Thanks
    Hondo

Good News
    We have peace with God through our Lord Jeasus Christ Romans 5:1

I got a NED report Thursday from my CT scan. I am also using MD Anderson. I have the same philosopy that if Doc isn't worried then I am not. But I know the God is in control. After any report I remember to:

Be still and know that He is God...

Here's to more good reports for you.
  • Kent Cass
    Kent Cass Member Posts: 1,898 Member
    Options
    shoeloy said:

Good News

I got a NED report Thursday from my CT scan. I am also using MD Anderson. I have the same philosopy that if Doc isn't worried then I am not. But I know the God is in control. After any report I remember to:

Good to hear the news is quite all right, Tim. You still got too much to do, here, and the good Lord knows it, I reckon. Prayers are always with you, my friend.

Believe

kcass
  • Hondo
    Options
    shoeloy said:

Good News

Hi shoeloy
    I agree with all my heart Be still and know that He is God and inchange of my life, thanks for all your prayers my friend.

Still in Gods workshop
    Hondo
  • Hondo
    Options
    Kent Cass said:

Good to hear the news is quite all right, Tim. You still got too much to do, here, and the good Lord knows it, I reckon. Prayers are always with you, my friend.

Believe

kcass

Hi Kent
    Thanks again my friend for all your kind words, prayers and support.

All the best
    Hondo
  • vsudd
    vsudd Member Posts: 52
    Options
    Hondo said:

No NED but not bad

Got the results of my PET a little while ago and the doctor was impressed that there was no change in the nasal area from 6 months ago, while it is not NED no change is just as good. But now a new problem the PET is showing some areas in the Lungs that are suspicious, however he does not think it is cancer. He wants to do another PET in 3 or 4 months just to check but at this point he believe it is something caused form aspiration rather than cancer.

He also said I don’t know what you are doing but whatever it is just keep doing it.

Thanks you all for your prayers and support look like you all will have to put up with me for some time to come.
    Hondo

Pet results
    I am so happy for you that your PET was good !! That is awesome !!! I see that you go to Md Anderson. That is where my husband goes for treatment. He drives 5 hours for his test and scans, has been doing this for 5 years. Since his surgery the trip has gotten harder for him. We are thinking about going to a local Dr. for scans. Do you do that or go to Anderson for all test ? I am kind of nervous about going anywhere else.

Congratulations Again on the results !!!!

Valerie
  • Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196
    Options
    Hondo said:

No NED but not bad

Hondo

Good to Hear
    "doctor was impressed that there was no change" - nuff said. Happy times.

Delighted to be looking forward to putting up with you for a loooooong time.
  • Hondo
    Options
    vsudd said:

Pet results
    I am so happy for you that your PET was good !! That is awesome !!! I see that you go to Md Anderson. That is where my husband goes for treatment. He drives 5 hours for his test and scans, has been doing this for 5 years. Since his surgery the trip has gotten harder for him. We are thinking about going to a local Dr. for scans. Do you do that or go to Anderson for all test ? I am kind of nervous about going anywhere else.

Congratulations Again on the results !!!!

Valerie

Hi Valerie
    Yes I go to MD Anderson for all my PET and MRI’s as I find they are a lot better than my locals and the info from the doctors and more dependable, hope someday we can meet there. I drive 4 hours from Lafayette and it too is starting to take a toll on me and the wife, but I am going to continue as long as I can.

Thanks for the kind words and support.
    Hondo
  • Hondo
    Options
    Pam M said:

Good to Hear
    "doctor was impressed that there was no change" - nuff said. Happy times.

Delighted to be looking forward to putting up with you for a loooooong time.

Hi Pam
    I love being here on CSN and helping others who are just starting and glad I will be around just a little longer.

God bless
    Hondo
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    Hondo said:

No NED but not bad

Hondo

Abi-Normal is the New Normal
    LOL.....glad to see your abi-normalities are still normal.

Hopefully the lung thing is just minor....

Keep breathing my friend,
    John
  • vsudd
    vsudd Member Posts: 52
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Valerie
    Yes I go to MD Anderson for all my PET and MRI’s as I find they are a lot better than my locals and the info from the doctors and more dependable, hope someday we can meet there. I drive 4 hours from Lafayette and it too is starting to take a toll on me and the wife, but I am going to continue as long as I can.

Thanks for the kind words and support.
    Hondo

Pet results
    Yes, maybe someday we can meet. Another coincidence is that my husband and I both grew up in Lafayette . ieSmall world!!!

God Bless
    Valerie
  • KareGiver
    KareGiver Member Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

John

Almost normal...
    If we could all be that way!

Take care, Hondo, and thanks for all the encouragement you give to others!
  • connieprice1
    connieprice1 Member Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Hondo said:

No NED but not bad

Hondo

Hondo, Wow! That is great
    Hondo, Wow! That is great news. It's nice to have friends in high places. May the Lord bless you always. Now keep up all the good work YOU do. Take care, Homer & Connie
  • Jimbo55
    Jimbo55 Member Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Good Stuff
    Great News Hondo, so very glad for you. Sure hope the lung thing turns out to be much ado over nothing. Cheers.

Jimbo
  • Noellesmom
    Noellesmom Member Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    Hondo said:

No NED but not bad

Hondo

great news!
    No change is just as good, Hondo. Healing tissues causes them to be unable and unwilling to say NED but that's okay. Healing is good.

Now, have a great weekend!
  • Hondo
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

John

John

The Doctor did not seem too concerned about the lungs, but as with anything I guess he wants to recheck it. Also he is saying I am too skinny and need some weight back on my bones, or he will have to put a PEG tube in, this is all related to the Jaw problem. He also wants me to eat more meat but I told him I am a vegetarian, he knew that, but I said I did eat fish and sometimes I eat a little chicken, so the next time I see him I will bring some lead weight with me to help on the scale.

Oh well
    Hondo
  • Hondo
    Options
    KareGiver said:

Almost normal...
    If we could all be that way!

Take care, Hondo, and thanks for all the encouragement you give to others!

KareGiver
    Thank you for being part of the family

All the best to you both
    Hondo
  • Hondo
    Options

Hondo, Wow! That is great
    Hondo, Wow! That is great news. It's nice to have friends in high places. May the Lord bless you always. Now keep up all the good work YOU do. Take care, Homer & Connie

Homer & Connie
    Thanks for the prayers and blessing

Hondo