Options
1235»

Comments

• Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

so so sorry!
    nikkilulu,

I'm heartbroken to hear this news! Your mother was an inspiration to me and to so many ... her courage, her endurance, her fighting spirit.

I'm so sorry for your loss. My mother passed from BC two years ago and I felt the same way you do ... she's no longer in pain and she's at peace.

Prayers of comfort to you and your whole family.

xo

Not the news I wanted to
    Not the news I wanted to read when I logged on. I am so very sorry Nikki for your loss. Your Mother was amazing! I will never forget her.

♥ Kristin ♥
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Sending sincerely heartfelt condolences...
    ... for you - nikkilulu, your family, and all of Meena's loved ones. Thank you for taking the time and making the effort to let us here know of her passing. Your brave Mom fought so very hard, and for so very long...

Her sweet kindness and gentle soul will be treasured memories for many, including me.

With prayers for comfort, Susan

Nikki, if you need anything,
    Nikki, if you need anything, please post to let us know.

Hugs, Jan
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    Options
    A Great Loss
    Dear Nikkilulu,

It is a great loss to lose a mother, especially a young mother. I know exactly what you mean when you said that you were glad that she left so she would not be in pain anymore nor be subject to all the discomforts of testings. I reflect on the pain that my sister had with lung cancer and was very happy when she left. As much as you loved your mother, you were strong to let her go. I do believe in angels and I do believe that she will always watch over you. You are 21 years old, yet you wrote with wisdom and love. You touched my heart, as your mother has touched the hearts and lives of many women on this board. You are truly her daughter. Let the memories of her bring you comfort during your time of grief and sustain you for the years to come. May those memories bring you joy and guide you in your life. My deepest, deepest sympathy.

Lots of Love and Lots of Hugs, Janelle
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    dbhadra said:

so sorry to hear of your loss
    I met your mother on this board through her encouraging and inspiring comments. Later I was blessed to meet her in person at Fox Chase Cancer Center and she had a huge smile and a hug for me.

I also lost my mother to breast cancer and it is so hard, but I believe my mother remains with me in spirit. It sounds like you have wonderful memories of your mom.

Prayers going out to you,

Laura

You were so lucky Laura to
    You were so lucky Laura to meet Meena. What an honor!

Hugs, Leeza
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Mitzi333 said:

My Deepest Sympathy!!!
    I am soooo Sorry to hear of your loss. Meena was an inspiration for us all. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Hugs~
    Mitzi

By the responses Nikki, you
    By the responses Nikki, you can see how we all loved Meena and thought the world of her.

My hope is that if you ever feel the need to talk, that you can come on here and express your feelings to us.

We are a caring group and will do anything to help you thru this very difficult time.

Hugs,

Debby
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    debi.18 said:

So Sorry
    I'm so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family. I just recently joined this awesome group of warriors, but have seen several of your mom's posts. She will continue to be in inspiration to all of us! She will live forever in your heart and memories~

Bumping up incase someone
    Bumping up incase someone hasn't seen this
  • renee616
    renee616 Member Posts: 181
    Options

A Great Loss
    Dear Nikkilulu,

It is a great loss to lose a mother, especially a young mother. I know exactly what you mean when you said that you were glad that she left so she would not be in pain anymore nor be subject to all the discomforts of testings. I reflect on the pain that my sister had with lung cancer and was very happy when she left. As much as you loved your mother, you were strong to let her go. I do believe in angels and I do believe that she will always watch over you. You are 21 years old, yet you wrote with wisdom and love. You touched my heart, as your mother has touched the hearts and lives of many women on this board. You are truly her daughter. Let the memories of her bring you comfort during your time of grief and sustain you for the years to come. May those memories bring you joy and guide you in your life. My deepest, deepest sympathy.

Lots of Love and Lots of Hugs, Janelle

I am very sorry you lost your beloved Mother!
    I am sorry! Very sad to read that you are so young, but at the same time glad you had a good relationship with your mom. She inspired so many ladies! She will be missed!
    Prayers to you & your family~
    Renee
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options

So very sorry
    I'm so very sorry for your loss. Your mother had a spirit and and a way of encouraging us all. She will be deeply missed by us as well.

If there's anything we can do for you, please let us know.

marge

Nikki, I don't know if you
    Nikki, I don't know if you will come back to read all of the wonderful posts of the pink sisters offering you and your family their sympathy, but, I hope you do.

Your Mother was so amazing, such a fighter and so loved by everyone here.

Is there anything, anything at all that we can do? Please just let us know.

Sue
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    debi.18 said:

So Sorry
    I'm so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family. I just recently joined this awesome group of warriors, but have seen several of your mom's posts. She will continue to be in inspiration to all of us! She will live forever in your heart and memories~

I have a batter operated
    I have a battery operated candle going and it will always be lit for Meena.

Hugs, Jan
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    renee616 said:

I am sorry! Very sad to read that you are so young, but at the same time glad you had a good relationship with your mom. She inspired so many ladies! She will be missed!
    Renee

So sad to hear this
    As you can see, your mom was beloved here and a source of great inspiration. We all loved her very much. Of course, nothing can compare to the pain you are feeling for losing your mom at such a young age. I am thinking of you and hoping your 2 decades of memories of meena will sustain you during the dark times.

Mimi
  • waffle8
    waffle8 Member Posts: 234
    Options
    mimivac said:

So sad to hear this
    As you can see, your mom was beloved here and a source of great inspiration. We all loved her very much. Of course, nothing can compare to the pain you are feeling for losing your mom at such a young age. I am thinking of you and hoping your 2 decades of memories of meena will sustain you during the dark times.

Mimi

Sad:(
    Just don't ever know what to say but my heart is very sad today when I read this post! You will be missed ! Peace to your family!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    waffle8 said:

Sad:(
    Just don't ever know what to say but my heart is very sad today when I read this post! You will be missed ! Peace to your family!

Meena was a strong woman and
    Meena was a strong woman and fought such a hard battle. As everyone has said she was an inspiration and a permanant part of our lives. never to be forgotten. i am so sad you lost your mom. Our hearts are with you!
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    renee616 said:

Renee

Praying that your family is
    Praying that your family is finding some peace now at the loss of your Mother. She will always be remembered by all of us, always.
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    I am at a loss of
    I am at a loss of words...shocked!
    In disbelief cuz Meena is someone very special to this board and its hard loosing her to this stupid cancer. She is a true warroir and an inspiration to us all. There probably wasnt one person on this board she didnt help or inspire in some way. She may be an angel now but we will always feel her on this board in spirit. Watching over everyone and smiling down on all of us.
    Nikkilulu im so sorry she had to leave you at such a young age...you and your family are in my prayers!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    jo jo said:

I am at a loss of
    I am at a loss of words...shocked!
    In disbelief cuz Meena is someone very special to this board and its hard loosing her to this stupid cancer. She is a true warroir and an inspiration to us all. There probably wasnt one person on this board she didnt help or inspire in some way. She may be an angel now but we will always feel her on this board in spirit. Watching over everyone and smiling down on all of us.
    Nikkilulu im so sorry she had to leave you at such a young age...you and your family are in my prayers!

You're right Jo Jo! We all
    You're right Jo Jo! We all loved Meena and she was our inspiration. So many felt like she was our hero, and, she was. There is a big hole left in this board now with Meena gone.

Hugs to you in Heaven Meena,

Megan
  • mom62
    mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry
    Hi,

I haven't been on the boards in a while and used to always keep up with your Mom's life. I have stage 4 BC and she was always an inspiration. I'm so sad she lost her battle but I'm glad she is not in pain as you say. We can only live with cancer until it overcomes us. It is our family and friends who get us through. I know she would be proud of you for coming on the boards to tell us. Thank you and God Bless You.