We do what we have to do, so we can do what we want to do....again! :-)

Options
13»

Comments

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    Not being surprised and
    Not being surprised and hearing the news are 2 different things. I am so sorry that the non-onco was such an a$$. So glad you are now with someone who is doing something. Will be thinking of you on Wednesday, and hopefully aspirating will take away the cough and make you more comfortable.
    As for the rest, hopefully the treatments that he is giving will help to clear that up again.
    Keep the fight but don't waste your energy on the old Doc, not worth your time or anger!

~Carol
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    All I have to say to that
    All I have to say to that Noncologist is that, if Chen is angry at you, it is righteous anger and you have screwed up BIGTIME!!! I just sicced my dogs on him...grrrrr!!! Just wish those dogs would sic...lol.

Chen, it sounds like your new oncologist is treating you aggressively and appropriately and I have a gut feeling that you are going to begin feeling a lot better. I am sending ((((hugs)))), hope and prayers your way.

And the next time I make it to California, I am going to meet you--even if I have to show up on your doorstep!
  • CypressCynthia
    Options

All I have to say to that
    All I have to say to that Noncologist is that, if Chen is angry at you, it is righteous anger and you have screwed up BIGTIME!!! I just sicced my dogs on him...grrrrr!!! Just wish those dogs would sic...lol.

Chen, it sounds like your new oncologist is treating you aggressively and appropriately and I have a gut feeling that you are going to begin feeling a lot better. I am sending ((((hugs)))), hope and prayers your way.

And the next time I make it to California, I am going to meet you--even if I have to show up on your doorstep!

P.S. some advice about faslodex and zometa
    Ask your new doc to check your vitamin d level when he checks your other labs. Many of the side effects of zometa and faslodex (such as hypocalcemia) can be from an imbalance of the 2. Vitamin D helps to control calcium levels. If your vitamin d level is too low, more calcium is released from bones and the bones become weaker. Definitely not what we need.

Ask what your doc thinks is the appropriate amount of vitamin d and calcium for you. If you take vitamin d, according to my physician sister, take it as a separate soft gel pill and not as part of a multivitamin.

Almost everyone our age has a significant vitamin d deficiency these days. It is probably sunscreen related, but don't stop using sunscreen. Instead, check your level (simple blood test) when you get the rest of your bloodwork and then supplement as per your doctor's orders.
  • EveningStar2
    EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Damn it!!!!

*Hugs*

Others have said it all. My energy goes out to you.

BTW, I have close affiliation with a "motorcycle group" if Guido wants company/help.

Maureen
  • renee616
    renee616 Member Posts: 181
    Options

Damn it!!!!

*Hugs*

Others have said it all. My energy goes out to you.

BTW, I have close affiliation with a "motorcycle group" if Guido wants company/help.

Maureen

Well said girls! GGGrr....bleep...bleepin Doctor!
    Chen
    You got the right attitude girl! There ought to be a roast....for your NON cologist! And We can all attend!!! You got this!
    Prayers, strength & Hugs!
    Renee
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    UPDATE!
    I had a

UPDATE!

I had a thoracentesis done last week ( oh yeah~ aspirating the fluid from my lung!) and instead of the normal 2 TEASPOONS a lung has in it, my right lung had over half a gallon of what Reggie says looked like swamp water! Everybody say EWWWWWWWW in unison! It didn't clear up all of the cough, however...frustrating, indeed. Reggie got to stay in the room with me during the procedure; and though it didn't hurt at all, (ok maybe a little!) I had a physical reaction, got light-headed, drenched in sweat and passed out! It didn't last long, and it got me a face washing AND a 10 minute back rub by a Dr McDreamy!

I had my first Zometa/Faslodex treatments on Monday~ and of course had the hit-by-a-Mack-Truck side effects by Monday evening. Shades of neulasta!

Still coughing...new, wonderful oncologist isn't happy. I have an appointment with a gastroenterologist to see, if by some miracle, it is caused by a stricture in my throat and it can be easily remedied. I am not hopeful, and actually, neither is my oncologist, but we are ruling all things in and all things out!

Other news! No more Zometa! As my dr wisely said, it takes a few months to know if it is going to work, and we know chemo works, so...yup chemo! I am going to be part of a clinical trial~ I can't remember the name of it , but my Dr likes this one and has had great success with it.

Althought I am so not looking forward to chemo and its SE's...for some reason, the knowledge is making me feel strong and empowered!!!!!!! Sort of like "take that, beast!"

I will keep you in my loop~as soon as I know more and have a schedule, you will know what it is! I hold you all close to my heart for all you too are going through as we do battle with this beast...and I love you all!!!!
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Chen, Sending hugs your
    Chen, Sending hugs your way. xoxoxoxo Lynn
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

Chen, Sending hugs your
    Chen, Sending hugs your way. xoxoxoxo Lynn

Dearest Chen
    im so very sorry this is happening to you, and i am so p.o.'d at your stupid noncologist...it just seems so unfair that we can do anything and everything we can to fight the beast but our oncologist should also have those pink boxing gloves on for us. Please know that i am sending my love, prayers and best wishes for you.
    Hugs, Jackie
  • CypressCynthia
    Options
    chenheart said:

UPDATE!
    I had a

UPDATE!

I had a thoracentesis done last week ( oh yeah~ aspirating the fluid from my lung!) and instead of the normal 2 TEASPOONS a lung has in it, my right lung had over half a gallon of what Reggie says looked like swamp water! Everybody say EWWWWWWWW in unison! It didn't clear up all of the cough, however...frustrating, indeed. Reggie got to stay in the room with me during the procedure; and though it didn't hurt at all, (ok maybe a little!) I had a physical reaction, got light-headed, drenched in sweat and passed out! It didn't last long, and it got me a face washing AND a 10 minute back rub by a Dr McDreamy!

I had my first Zometa/Faslodex treatments on Monday~ and of course had the hit-by-a-Mack-Truck side effects by Monday evening. Shades of neulasta!

Still coughing...new, wonderful oncologist isn't happy. I have an appointment with a gastroenterologist to see, if by some miracle, it is caused by a stricture in my throat and it can be easily remedied. I am not hopeful, and actually, neither is my oncologist, but we are ruling all things in and all things out!

Other news! No more Zometa! As my dr wisely said, it takes a few months to know if it is going to work, and we know chemo works, so...yup chemo! I am going to be part of a clinical trial~ I can't remember the name of it , but my Dr likes this one and has had great success with it.

Althought I am so not looking forward to chemo and its SE's...for some reason, the knowledge is making me feel strong and empowered!!!!!!! Sort of like "take that, beast!"

I will keep you in my loop~as soon as I know more and have a schedule, you will know what it is! I hold you all close to my heart for all you too are going through as we do battle with this beast...and I love you all!!!!

Yes, take that beast!!! You
    Yes, take that beast!!! You are in my heart and prayers. Keep us posted. I start xgeva and faslodex on the 16th. I'm plenty nervous, but am glad to be fighting too. Take that cancer!!!
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    rjjj said:

Dearest Chen
    im so very sorry this is happening to you, and i am so p.o.'d at your stupid noncologist...it just seems so unfair that we can do anything and everything we can to fight the beast but our oncologist should also have those pink boxing gloves on for us. Please know that i am sending my love, prayers and best wishes for you.
    Hugs, Jackie

Take that Beast
    You ARE strong and empowered!! Yep, you go girl - TAKE THAT BEAST!!

Lots of Hugs and Prayers!!
    Debi
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    Chen
    I hope and pray you will be ok soon. We're fighting together.
  • waffle8
    waffle8 Member Posts: 234
    Options
    laurissa said:

Chen
    I hope and pray you will be ok soon. We're fighting together.

Chen
    Just catching up and sorry to hear your news! Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! Pink power!
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

UPDATE!
    I had a

UPDATE!

I wish, dear Claudia...
    ... my no longer imaginary magic wand was powerful enough to get rid of your VERY stubborn cough! Gosh darn it! And I so truly wish you didn't have to endure chemo - of any kind at all - again. (deep sigh...)

However, it is what it is. Your new med onc is charging full speed ahead. Which seems to be the way to go: forward. And all along - we'll be right alongside you. You GO, girl! We can keep up with ya!

With lotsa love backatcha, xo 12/25
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    Options
    chenheart said:

UPDATE!
    I had a

UPDATE!

Keep Fighting
    Dear Claudia

Your other name fits you well...Warrior. You have a lot of strength and fight in you. I am in awe of it. Happy to hear how your doctor is thinking. Good luck with the clinical trial. I have good vibes about it.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    waffle8 said:

Chen
    Just catching up and sorry to hear your news! Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! Pink power!

Chen,
    Just sending a hug,

Chen,
    Just sending a hug, good thoughts and a prayers.
    Stef