We do what we have to do, so we can do what we want to do....again! :-)

Options

Comments

• CAchick
    CAchick Member Posts: 277
    Options
    Love your attitude!
    Hi, I really love your KICK__$ attitude! You are an inspiration!
    Sybil
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    Claudia,
    I know that feeling of being disappointed and angry at a doctor. And I applaud you for moving forward with your new doctor. We know it's not good to harbor anything that will weigh us down so we must look ahead and not behind.

I'm glad you'll get relief with this procedure. Is Faslodex a new drug? I'm praying it will be effective. You are one of the strongest women here and I have no doubt you have your GRRRRR on!

I picked up a book from my Oncologists office - "Anti Cancer, A new Way Of Life" ~ David Servan-Schreiber, MD, PhD. He had a cancer diagnosis at one time but has been cancer free now for many years. Read it if you haven't already.

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    sea60 said:

Claudia,
    I know that feeling of being disappointed and angry at a doctor. And I applaud you for moving forward with your new doctor. We know it's not good to harbor anything that will weigh us down so we must look ahead and not behind.

I'm glad you'll get relief with this procedure. Is Faslodex a new drug? I'm praying it will be effective. You are one of the strongest women here and I have no doubt you have your GRRRRR on!

I picked up a book from my Oncologists office - "Anti Cancer, A new Way Of Life" ~ David Servan-Schreiber, MD, PhD. He had a cancer diagnosis at one time but has been cancer free now for many years. Read it if you haven't already.

Hugs,

Sylvia

GRRRRRR
    Some drs. shouldn't be allowed to call themselves drs. He sounds like one of them.

Sorry Chen you are going thru this. You have what it takes to come thru. GRRRR on!!!
  • Chickadee1955
    Chickadee1955 Member Posts: 355 Member
    Options

GRRRRRR
    Some drs. shouldn't be allowed to call themselves drs. He sounds like one of them.

Sorry Chen you are going thru this. You have what it takes to come thru. GRRRR on!!!

Ditto
    Chen there is no excuse for the cavalier attitude of your doc. I'm sorry he delayed the battle you're now ready to wage. We're all pulling for you Sister.

Chickadee
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    My dear friend I love you so
    My dear friend I love you so :) so much that I would even sit through an entire Jethro Tull concert, if you so wished. We will get through this.
    xoxo
    heather
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Options
    Claudia
    Oh Claudia - I am so sorry to hear of this latest development. But you are the 50-foot woman, and if anyone can beat this beast, it is YOU!!! Hugs and prayers, Linda
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Options
    Chen
    I am so sorry that you are going through all of this. And the fact that your NONcologist wasn't doing anything to help is just wrong. Glad you found a good dr. We are all here with you to help in the battle.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    ladyg said:

Chen
    I am so sorry that you are going through all of this. And the fact that your NONcologist wasn't doing anything to help is just wrong. Glad you found a good dr. We are all here with you to help in the battle.

Hugs,
    Georgia

Claudia sorry for the news
    I am surprised that pulmonologist did not order aspiration too Being your Own advocate seems as a right approach for us
    Whiting new drugs will be effective and help clear everything up from the beast Please get better soon and have an easy time during aspiration procedure
    Hugs
    New Flower
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Peer review board
    Some states have a peer review board where you can turn in a practitioner who you beleive may have been negligent. No it is not a lawsuit but at least it puts the state or the hospital on notice if other complaints of this nature are frequent. It may do you well to do this if there is some sort of board to report this to. Think and pray about it to see if you want to act on this suggestion.
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options

Peer review board
    Some states have a peer review board where you can turn in a practitioner who you beleive may have been negligent. No it is not a lawsuit but at least it puts the state or the hospital on notice if other complaints of this nature are frequent. It may do you well to do this if there is some sort of board to report this to. Think and pray about it to see if you want to act on this suggestion.

So sorry
    Claudia ... I am so sorry you have to go through this. I agree with others who have said the NONcologist should be "turned in." It's not like you only saw him once and complained about the cough... but you went many times and ... dah ... didn't it ever cross his mind that it might be MORE than just a "simple cough"? DAH!

Maybe we need to park our pink bus for a minute and jump into a big old pink steam roller and run over the guy. Oops ... we are NOT a violent group are we? Sorry. My fingers just started typing what my brain was thinking.

Anyway ... you know we are all with you Claudia ...

love,
    teena
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Ugh! Your news pi$$es me
    Ugh! Your news pi$$es me off! I think Aisling is correct. It's important to look at those feelings, not repress them. It took me a year of stewing to get there, but I finally talked to the surgeon that pooh poohed my gut feelings that something was wrong and it really helped me.

I admire your strength and fortitude and I know that you are focusing your energy on the fight to come. I am fighting for you with positive energy and prayer, dear Chen. xoxoxo Lynn
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    You have more GRRRR than I
    You have more GRRRR than I have. I also have a loss of words. Just big hugs sent to you.
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    It's Wednesday, so you'll be
    It's Wednesday, so you'll be getting that lung aspirated today. I hope that goes easily for you, and you get the immediate relief you're expecting.

I agree that it's ok to be mad at the noncologist (such a wonderfully descriptive term). You trusted him to take care of you and deal with the cancer, and he betrayed that trust. So let all those feelings out, and use the GRRRR that comes from it in this battle.

Hugs,

Linda
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Options
    Sending Wolf Spirit to
    Sending Wolf Spirit to gobble up the Noncoligist.

Adding my prayers and hugs to the others.

Donna
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Options

Sending Wolf Spirit to
    Sending Wolf Spirit to gobble up the Noncoligist.

Adding my prayers and hugs to the others.

Donna

Glad you have your Grrrrr on
    I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this but glad you are ready to fight. Prayers for you. God Bless
    (((hugs))) Janice
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options

Glad you have your Grrrrr on
    I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this but glad you are ready to fight. Prayers for you. God Bless
    (((hugs))) Janice

Your fighting spirit is amazing, Chen
    The non-actions by your "Non-cologist" are maddening, but as is your usual, you will turn that anger around and put that energy into fighting, fighting, fighting. You will use that energy in a positive way, I'm sure.

We are all there with you in spirit--fighting our hearts out with you. Hang in there, warrior queen.

Hugs and positive energy to sent to you--Renee
  • cinnamonsmile
    cinnamonsmile Member Posts: 1,187 Member
    Options
    I am soooo mad, disgusted,
    I am soooo mad, disgusted, angry and want to call him up myself and let them know what poo-pooing your symptoms and concerns have led you to!!!!! I have had my share of idiot medical NON-professionals. I am comforted though that you have found someone that figured things out for you. Mail that SOB Non-oncologist a copy of your pathology report. I would send it in, and say thanks, a#^5hole, had nothing better to do with my life then wait for my cancer to metastasize. I know you are much better at words than I am but I would be bullistic!!! I wish you the best with your new medical team.
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    What a huge disappointment
    What a huge disappointment and what's worse is that your noncologist will be treating more women and likely repeating this disservice. But you're right you need your energy for your new battle although a punching bag with his face on it could prove therapeutic.

You have been pro-active. I do not think there is any more you could've done. This beast is insidious and we can never let our guard down completely. My heart goes out to you...I wish you didn't have to face this again. I send you many many warm hugs, prayers and positive energy to do battle once again.
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Options
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
    Dearest Chenheart -

I am so ANGRY to hear this news! I'm liking the idea of 'Uncle Guido' and I've never heard of the pink dump truck but even that is too kind.

I'm encouraged to know your new onc is being pro-active and I pray that he'll have wisdom and the initiative to seek out any trials that may be beneficial to you.

You've been totally proactive and the blame is totally on your nonocologist. What an a$$. Please don't shoulda woulda coulda yourself ... save all that emotional, mental and physical energy right now on fighting the beast.

I'm praying for you and your doctor and your family. When the 50ft woman has her GRRRRRRRRRRR on .... look out cancer! xoxo
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
    Dearest Chenheart -

I am so ANGRY to hear this news! I'm liking the idea of 'Uncle Guido' and I've never heard of the pink dump truck but even that is too kind.

I'm encouraged to know your new onc is being pro-active and I pray that he'll have wisdom and the initiative to seek out any trials that may be beneficial to you.

You've been totally proactive and the blame is totally on your nonocologist. What an a$$. Please don't shoulda woulda coulda yourself ... save all that emotional, mental and physical energy right now on fighting the beast.

I'm praying for you and your doctor and your family. When the 50ft woman has her GRRRRRRRRRRR on .... look out cancer! xoxo

Grrr, grrrrr, grrrrrrr!
    I'm so angry and sad for you, too. I'm most angry at the beast, but I also can't understand why the noncologist would brush off your symptoms. Thank God you had enough sense to go to someone else. You knew something was not right and unfortunately, your diagnosis was spot on. I would have loved for you to be wrong.

I so hope the aspiration relieved your symptoms and you start some treatments soon. It's our turn to be your support now.

Love,
    Suzanne

PS - If Uncle Guido isn't available, remember I have a former son in law named Guido who lives in Las Vegas!