I hate to ask, but...

Options

Comments

• Clearblue
    Clearblue Member Posts: 186
    Options
    Pumakitty said:

Wish you felt better
    I hope you soon feel better. Keep us posted!!!

Kathy

HEY SB
    Havent been around so checked in, and then i see this ear business!!
    YOU ARE THE TENACIOUS TOUGH COOKIE - YOU WILL BE OVER THIS!
    Nice "new " pic.
    Clear (Busy, time taken up, but still think of u & all the good folk here.
    (I understand that SBuster has been taken off the site)
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    Clearblue said:

HEY SB
    Nice "new " pic.

Scam...
    Oh, I haven't heard...knew he was having a few issues with certain postings and another group started coming on this group specifically seeming to hammering him.

Everyone should be allowed to post and comment if it isn't taken as too invasive to others...guess someone always needs to make that call. I know he is passionate about his beliefs, but I only took them as his feelings, beliefs, and opinions.

It only rubs me sometimes when people post in such away to make it seem that is the only way it should be done, or the only product that should be used or not used,or that it's "The Golden Standard".....

Most are just opinions or feelings because something has worked well for them, or that's their particular lifestyle...which is fine with me, just don't shove it down my throat as that's the only whatever that works (which I didn't get that from Scam).

LOL, anywayyyyys, I hope you are doing well, sorry your wife is having issues....

Best,
    John
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Scam...
    Oh, I haven't heard...knew he was having a few issues with certain postings and another group started coming on this group specifically seeming to hammering him.

Everyone should be allowed to post and comment if it isn't taken as too invasive to others...guess someone always needs to make that call. I know he is passionate about his beliefs, but I only took them as his feelings, beliefs, and opinions.

It only rubs me sometimes when people post in such away to make it seem that is the only way it should be done, or the only product that should be used or not used,or that it's "The Golden Standard".....

Most are just opinions or feelings because something has worked well for them, or that's their particular lifestyle...which is fine with me, just don't shove it down my throat as that's the only whatever that works (which I didn't get that from Scam).

LOL, anywayyyyys, I hope you are doing well, sorry your wife is having issues....

Best,
    John

Clearblue, glad you checked
    Clearblue, glad you checked in, always thinking of you guys, and I had just posted last week, that it's been a while since I have heard from you.

As far as the ears thing goes, I assume that this too shall pass. Meanwhile I will just suck it up. This not hearing was a blessing for about five minutes today. :)
  • Greend
    Greend Member Posts: 678
    Options
    Tubes
    Don't know if I've told this but my treatments ended on a Friday (many years ago) and on Monday I caught a flight to Germany. Like most I wanted my life back to normal and made a rash decision that I would come to regret. I knew I was 1) very red from rad treatments, 2) very bald from rad/chemo and 30 very skinny from all the above. What I did not know was that the canal that connects in the rear of the hearing canal had been burnt/scarred from rad and was plugged up. It was impossible to clear my ears after we took off, the same when we returned and thats not a good feeling. Went to see my ENT and he immediately inserted two tubes, one in each ear. There are very few bodily functions that can compare to the feeling of estacy (sp?) of those ears clearing up....

Assume you may have had it done but it is very simple and painless. You'll just always wonder where they went when they finally fall out.
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    Greend said:

Tubes
    Don't know if I've told this but my treatments ended on a Friday (many years ago) and on Monday I caught a flight to Germany. Like most I wanted my life back to normal and made a rash decision that I would come to regret. I knew I was 1) very red from rad treatments, 2) very bald from rad/chemo and 30 very skinny from all the above. What I did not know was that the canal that connects in the rear of the hearing canal had been burnt/scarred from rad and was plugged up. It was impossible to clear my ears after we took off, the same when we returned and thats not a good feeling. Went to see my ENT and he immediately inserted two tubes, one in each ear. There are very few bodily functions that can compare to the feeling of estacy (sp?) of those ears clearing up....

Assume you may have had it done but it is very simple and painless. You'll just always wonder where they went when they finally fall out.

Tubes
    Nope, have not had it done. I am feeling dizzy today. I've really not done much of anything today, but tidy the bathroom, cook and eat. Didn't even take Nizzy out much. He is sick too, he threw up 3x today. Every time I bend over right ear gets worse and I get dizzier. I am just not moving around much today.
  • Skiffin16
    Options

Tubes
    Nope, have not had it done. I am feeling dizzy today. I've really not done much of anything today, but tidy the bathroom, cook and eat. Didn't even take Nizzy out much. He is sick too, he threw up 3x today. Every time I bend over right ear gets worse and I get dizzier. I am just not moving around much today.

Equilibrium
    Sure it's hosed right now with your ears so clogged and messed up....

Awww, Nizzy is having sympathy pains for momma....plus he's probably not getting all of the snacks he normally cons you out of.

J
  • Pumakitty
    Pumakitty Member Posts: 652
    Options

Tubes

Hi Sweet
    I am sorry Nizzy if feeling bad too. I just found out litle kitty Firefly had bad allergies. I give her meds once a day. She must get it from her momma. Take it easy and get better.

Kathy
  • ian1511
    ian1511 Member Posts: 42
    Options
    Are you any better?
    Hi Sweet,

Sorry I missed your post. It's been about a week right and you have been on antibiotics and sounds like rest. I wonder if your symptoms have improved at all. I do hope you get better soon. Thoughts and prayers with you. Darren
  • ian1511
    ian1511 Member Posts: 42
    Options
    Are you any better?
    Hi Sweet,

Sorry I missed your post. It's been about a week right and you have been on antibiotics and sounds like rest. I wonder if your symptoms have improved at all. I do hope you get better soon. Thoughts and prayers with you. Darren
  • Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196
    Options
    Clearblue said:

HEY SB
    Nice "new " pic.

Oh No
    This is too bad. I'll miss Scambuster.
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    ian1511 said:

Are you any better?
    Hi Sweet,

Nope, still sick.
    I am basically still the same. :-/

Nizzy threw up 3x yesterday. last night all over my clean bed I had just washed. So, I washed everything again. I am trying to keep him resting today. He just woke up from half hour nap. I would like to see him sleep some more and then get him up in about a half hour or so, when I start my dinner prep.

I have not been sick like this in a long time. I will take the rest of these antibiotics and guess if I am not feeling any better, I will be getting back to the docs.
  • Lelia
    Lelia Member Posts: 98
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Depends Lelia
    If it's Zyrtec D or anything else D...it's prescription now...at least in my area, same with the Nasonex D.

I had similar problems to Dawn last year....my ENT precribed the Nasonex-D.

JG

Yeah, the 'D' suffix means decongestant
    ETA: Sorry wrong spot on the thread, this is in response to Skiffin16's post of July 12, 2011 - 6:23pm. Half my posts don't seem to stay where I intended them, apologies! Non sequiturs abound.

It seems like the D nearly always indicates the addition of the decongestant pseudoephedrine, used to treat nasal and sinus congestion. It can also be helpful for congestion of the tubes that drain fluid from the inner ear and therefore might likely be indicated for Sweet's ailment, thanks for pointing it out.

Sweets if you're reading this, I think about you ten x every day, worrying why the ears won't clear up and hoping you get to feeling better. Sending prayers and good gentle healing vibes your way.
  • Skiffin16
    Options
    Lelia said:

ETA: Sorry wrong spot on the thread, this is in response to Skiffin16's post of July 12, 2011 - 6:23pm. Half my posts don't seem to stay where I intended them, apologies! Non sequiturs abound.

It seems like the D nearly always indicates the addition of the decongestant pseudoephedrine, used to treat nasal and sinus congestion. It can also be helpful for congestion of the tubes that drain fluid from the inner ear and therefore might likely be indicated for Sweet's ailment, thanks for pointing it out.

Sweets if you're reading this, I think about you ten x every day, worrying why the ears won't clear up and hoping you get to feeling better. Sending prayers and good gentle healing vibes your way.

Pseudoephedrine
    You are correct....

used to treat nasal and sinus congestion. It can also be helpful for congestion of the tubes that drain fluid from the inner ear.

annnd unfortunatley I guess a main component in making the nasty drug methamphetamine so widely used in America....

Thus the reasoning anymore for prescribtion only....

JG
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options

Nope, still sick.
    I am basically still the same. :-/

Nizzy threw up 3x yesterday. last night all over my clean bed I had just washed. So, I washed everything again. I am trying to keep him resting today. He just woke up from half hour nap. I would like to see him sleep some more and then get him up in about a half hour or so, when I start my dinner prep.

I have not been sick like this in a long time. I will take the rest of these antibiotics and guess if I am not feeling any better, I will be getting back to the docs.

Hi Sweet
    I may be on Vacation but I am also still keeping you in prayer.

Hondo
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Sweet
    I may be on Vacation but I am also still keeping you in prayer.

Hondo

Hondo
    Why thank you, kind sir! I truly hope that you are thoroughly enjoying your paradise with your lovely wife.
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    Lelia said:

Lelia
    Thanks, dearheart. I think today I can hear out of my right ear a bit better. I was still coughing up lots of crud this morn, which is usually standard. Then I had to play rodeo, because 3 out of four of the mini horses were out. :-/ Long story short, they are back in, but not at the expense of me almost coughing up a damn lung. I think tho, that my chest maybe a tiny bit better, and it was the 'running' (I was really trying to run. Really. For me, that was running. I could go slighty faster if there was someone behind me with a knife. I didn't run when I was spry - ok spryish- never mind now) I think, that did me in. I think I would have been a little better without that bit if excitement.

Nizzle seems better today. So that is a bit of goodness for me today.

Be well peeps. And thank you much!

<3 Sweet
  • jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options

Hondo
    Why thank you, kind sir! I truly hope that you are thoroughly enjoying your paradise with your lovely wife.

Sorry you are not better.
    Sorry you are not better. Keeping you in prayer.

Debbie
  • Noellesmom
    Noellesmom Member Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    lifting prayers

Why in the world you would hate to ask, though, sweet, is beyond me.

Prayers for healing, relief from understandable fears and peaceful rest as you get well.

Hugs!

• Eversteve
    Eversteve Member Posts: 23
    Options
    I maybe shouldnt answer but..

I; for one fully understand. Stay strong and just remember he works in mysterious ways

• Skiffin16
    Options
    OLD POST..

You do know this original post is four+ years old...