I hate to ask, but...

Options

Comments

• sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    buzz99 said:

Ear pain
    Sweet, I hope you get some relief from the constant pain. It really wears on people. As for the tube in the ear, it can be put in at the doc's office, no need for anesthesia. My bro-in-law has had it done many times. Only, kids/babies need to be asleep for the procedure as they don't hold still. Karen

Well I can be pretty squirmy.
    They may need to lock my head down with vise grips.
  • hawk711
    hawk711 Member Posts: 566
    Options

Well I can be pretty squirmy.
    They may need to lock my head down with vise grips.

Hey Sweets
    Believe it or not, has your doctor really looked in your ears. I had the same thing and I had Wax build up so bad, I couldn't hear. Once cleaned out, all was good, no pain and I could hear. I think it will end up being something like that....
    In my prayers,
    Steve
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    hawk711 said:

Hey Sweets
    Believe it or not, has your doctor really looked in your ears. I had the same thing and I had Wax build up so bad, I couldn't hear. Once cleaned out, all was good, no pain and I could hear. I think it will end up being something like that....
    In my prayers,
    Steve

Yeah, he looked in there
    Yeah, he looked in there with the usual thinger they use, with the light. First he looked in my right ear, then in the left. In each ear he also blew in air into it with that thinger, and the left ear didn't do what it was supposed to do. The canal or tube or whatever it is, is so clogged it's not allowing the pressure to equalize. Which would explain why when I tried to do the holding my nose trick, it wouldn't work. When he looked in he also said it was red and irritated looking like a little kid's ear with an ear infection. My right ear is starting to itch inside. If I am worse tomorrow, I might just go to the emergency room.
  • luv2cut1
    luv2cut1 Member Posts: 288
    Options

Yeah, he looked in there
    Yeah, he looked in there with the usual thinger they use, with the light. First he looked in my right ear, then in the left. In each ear he also blew in air into it with that thinger, and the left ear didn't do what it was supposed to do. The canal or tube or whatever it is, is so clogged it's not allowing the pressure to equalize. Which would explain why when I tried to do the holding my nose trick, it wouldn't work. When he looked in he also said it was red and irritated looking like a little kid's ear with an ear infection. My right ear is starting to itch inside. If I am worse tomorrow, I might just go to the emergency room.

I was so hoping
    You would feel better by now. I had a bad ear infection once and it was so painful. I don't remember how long it took to feel better. Still praying hard. Please keep us posted.

Myka
  • Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196
    Options

Zepfreak, my cleaning tear
    Zepfreak, my cleaning tear was short lived. I have been curled up all day in bed. This cough is getting on my last nerve. My chest feels weird. The Princess Bride was on at noon, so watching was a no brainer. I have been to Vegas twice and it was a good time. Both times I had the best time drinking margaritas at Border Grille in our hotel. (Mandalay Bay and then TheHotel) best margaritas on the planet. I was lucky to get two all expense paid trips for a convention for work. Not much personal time, but what little I had was a blast. :)

As You Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish
    Sorry you lost the hyperdrive - glad you got to see The Princess Bride again. I have to say, it's one of the very few movies I've watched more than once. I normally never buy movies for myself, because I will only watch most one time, but I did buy this one for my son's girlfriend (who lives with us - hmmm).

Sounds like it's truly chicken soup time - don't forget the onions and garlic - oh, and peppers, if you can.
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    luv2cut1 said:

I was so hoping
    You would feel better by now. I had a bad ear infection once and it was so painful. I don't remember how long it took to feel better. Still praying hard. Please keep us posted.

Myka

Hoping.
    Meee tooo, Myka. Me, too. Blah
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    Pam M said:

As You Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish
    Sorry you lost the hyperdrive - glad you got to see The Princess Bride again. I have to say, it's one of the very few movies I've watched more than once. I normally never buy movies for myself, because I will only watch most one time, but I did buy this one for my son's girlfriend (who lives with us - hmmm).

Sounds like it's truly chicken soup time - don't forget the onions and garlic - oh, and peppers, if you can.

If you knew how many times I've seen it, you might not say that.
    Probably, 120 something times. Seriously. I know almost every line of dialogue. Plus I have read the book a few times. I am a huge science fiction and fantasy geek.

The Grandson: A book?
    Grandpa: That's right. When I was your age, television was called books. And this is a special book. It was the book my father used to read to me when I was sick, and I used to read it to your father, and today I'm gonna read it to you.
    The Grandson: Has it got any sports in it?
    Grandpa: Are you kidding? Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles...
    The Grandson: Doesn't sound too bad. I can try to stay awake.
    Grandpa: Oh, well, thank you very much, very nice of you. Your vote of confidence is overwhelming.

It's one of my very favs and obviously, my most watched. When I first got married, I had a television, but we are in the middle of no where, so with out cable or satellite you didn't get any channels. So, for the first few years, I watched movies. In addition to TPB, I watched Aladdin, Singin' In The Rain, Willow, The Court Jester, Young Frankenstein, Dirty Dancin' , Jumpin' Jack Flash.... All are other movies, I about know by heart.

My ex husband, hated The Princess Bride. That right there, shoulda been the deal breaker. I'd have saved myself a lot of grief, money, and sorrow. Yep, you don't like TPB, then we just ain't a match. Guess I'm still waiting for my true love. After all, "Death cannot stop true love. It can only delay it a little while."

:)
  • pattyanny
    pattyanny Member Posts: 544
    Options

Hoping.

Always!!!
    So sorry you are not doing better by now. MB & I will send a missal of prayers upward for you this weekend. The tubes should help drain, and I believe they are so small, they come out by themselves. Glad you have Nizzy for comfort & company. He always knows when you are not up to par, and he doesn't talk during the movie! The perfect date!
    Love & Prayers Sis! I will check up on you this weekend! XXOO
    Patty
  • staceya
    staceya Member Posts: 720
    Options
    pattyanny said:

Always!!!
    So sorry you are not doing better by now. MB & I will send a missal of prayers upward for you this weekend. The tubes should help drain, and I believe they are so small, they come out by themselves. Glad you have Nizzy for comfort & company. He always knows when you are not up to par, and he doesn't talk during the movie! The perfect date!
    Patty

Sinus infection?
    Any

Sinus infection?
    Any dizziness?
    My ex husband, a physical therapist has had a lot of success treating a vestibular vertigo, due to problems in the ear canal that can present as clogging and dizziness. I can never attach links as well as you, but the address below is supposed to be a link.
    I hope you are feeling better real soon, I have not had internet lately and missed your post.

http://www.entdr.com/dizziness.html
    PS you look FAB in fushia!
    Stacey
  • connieprice1
    connieprice1 Member Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Connie & I will be praying
    Connie & I will be praying that it is just an ear infection. Then we will pray that it clears up quickly. Love ya Sweet
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Options

Hoping.

Hoping you are finally
    Hoping you are finally getting some relief from the pain :( I don't remember you mentioning having a cough when you first started getting the ear pain...maybe you should go back to the doctors again and get that checked out.

Hubby has been on steroids for 10 days now because overnight he lost the hearing in one ear but has a constant ringing in his ear. They haven't done anything for him...didn't even give him the nonstop energy that you had - lol.

Take care and get your butt back to the doctors if you are not better soon.

Hugs, Glenna
  • Jan Trinks
    Jan Trinks Member Posts: 477
    Options
    Hope You're Feeling Better
    Hey Sweetblood:

Prayers on the way and hope you're feeling better and please don't hate to ask! Later!
    God Bless!

Jan (Basketcase)
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    pattyanny said:

Always!!!
    Patty

Patty!
    I know you and MB have the high speed direct line straight to Him. Like a BatPhone or something. :) I'd appreciate it greatly.

You are so correct, Nizzy is the best date I've had in over 2.5 years! Oh, wait....I suppose he is the only date I have had in 2.5 yrs. He is the best little naked man tho for sure. Lol
  • Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196
    Options

If you knew how many times I've seen it, you might not say that.
    Probably, 120 something times. Seriously. I know almost every line of dialogue. Plus I have read the book a few times. I am a huge science fiction and fantasy geek.

The Grandson: A book?
    Grandpa: That's right. When I was your age, television was called books. And this is a special book. It was the book my father used to read to me when I was sick, and I used to read it to your father, and today I'm gonna read it to you.
    The Grandson: Has it got any sports in it?
    Grandpa: Are you kidding? Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles...
    The Grandson: Doesn't sound too bad. I can try to stay awake.
    Grandpa: Oh, well, thank you very much, very nice of you. Your vote of confidence is overwhelming.

It's one of my very favs and obviously, my most watched. When I first got married, I had a television, but we are in the middle of no where, so with out cable or satellite you didn't get any channels. So, for the first few years, I watched movies. In addition to TPB, I watched Aladdin, Singin' In The Rain, Willow, The Court Jester, Young Frankenstein, Dirty Dancin' , Jumpin' Jack Flash.... All are other movies, I about know by heart.

My ex husband, hated The Princess Bride. That right there, shoulda been the deal breaker. I'd have saved myself a lot of grief, money, and sorrow. Yep, you don't like TPB, then we just ain't a match. Guess I'm still waiting for my true love. After all, "Death cannot stop true love. It can only delay it a little while."

:)

There's Your Test
    After a few dates (enough for the shine to dull a little), see if he wants to watch TPB. Then, if it's "twoo wuv" . . .
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    staceya said:

Sinus infection?
    Any

Sinus infection?
    Any dizziness?
    My ex husband, a physical therapist has had a lot of success treating a vestibular vertigo, due to problems in the ear canal that can present as clogging and dizziness. I can never attach links as well as you, but the address below is supposed to be a link.
    I hope you are feeling better real soon, I have not had internet lately and missed your post.

http://www.entdr.com/dizziness.html
    PS you look FAB in fushia!
    Stacey

Stacey
    Was wondering where you have been. :) I think it started with a sinus or upper respiratory thing. No real dizziness to speak of more than I usually have.

Thank you, I really love colors like violet, magenta, fuchsia and shocking pink. Aqua and turquoise are good too. Cool colors suit me.
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    Glenna M said:

Hoping you are finally
    Hoping you are finally getting some relief from the pain :( I don't remember you mentioning having a cough when you first started getting the ear pain...maybe you should go back to the doctors again and get that checked out.

Hubby has been on steroids for 10 days now because overnight he lost the hearing in one ear but has a constant ringing in his ear. They haven't done anything for him...didn't even give him the nonstop energy that you had - lol.

Take care and get your butt back to the doctors if you are not better soon.

Hugs, Glenna

Glenna
    It doesn't hurt like it was, but it's still completely clogged and still ringing. Hope your hubby feels better.

Doc knew about the cough. Told him Wednesday. Just seemed to get worse there for a bit. Will definitely be calling ENT Monday.
  • sweetblood22
    Options

Hope You're Feeling Better
    Hey Sweetblood:

Prayers on the way and hope you're feeling better and please don't hate to ask! Later!
    God Bless!

Jan (Basketcase)

Jan and Homer & Connie,
    Jan and Homer & Connie, thank you so much. I am surely thankful for more prayers.

As a side note, I was also looking up placing ear tubes for an adult. Towards the end of the article, there is a whole section on how it can connect to HNC, so I will be tacking it on the Superthread next time I need to bump it.

Here is the link if anyone is interested in the meantime:

EAR TUBE LINK
  • jim and i
    jim and i Member Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options

Jan and Homer & Connie,
    Jan and Homer & Connie, thank you so much. I am surely thankful for more prayers.

As a side note, I was also looking up placing ear tubes for an adult. Towards the end of the article, there is a whole section on how it can connect to HNC, so I will be tacking it on the Superthread next time I need to bump it.

Here is the link if anyone is interested in the meantime:

EAR TUBE LINK

prayers going out
    So sorry to hear about your ear. I have been disconnected for a few days, Jim in hospital, but as soon as I read about your eart I said a prayer and will keep lifting you in prayer.

God Bless
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    jim and i said:

prayers going out
    So sorry to hear about your ear. I have been disconnected for a few days, Jim in hospital, but as soon as I read about your eart I said a prayer and will keep lifting you in prayer.

God Bless

Thank you Debbie, I was just
    Thank you Debbie, I was just on your thread about Jim. So sorry to read that, hoping they can get everything squared away for him. Hang in there girl, I know it's not fun for you either. Prayers for you too, btw.

Hugs,

Sweet
  • arndog64
    arndog64 Member Posts: 537
    Options
    jim and i said:

prayers going out

God Bless

Well, I am glad to hear that
    Well, I am glad to hear that you feeling a wee bit better. Praying for a pain free weekend. Let us know what the ENT says. Take car.