I hate to ask, but...

Options

Comments

• luv2cut1
    luv2cut1 Member Posts: 288
    Options
    Hope . . .
    you are starting to feel better today and will continue to improve.

Myka
  • Pumakitty
    Pumakitty Member Posts: 652
    Options
    Hi
    Sweet,

I am sending you tons of hugs and prayers. I hope your ear feels better soon. Please let me know the minute you start feeling better.

Kathy
  • zepfreak
    zepfreak Member Posts: 24
    Options
    NO PROBLEM
    Hope you already feel better. will keep you in my prayers for sure. You have helped me in the past and I appreciate it. Good luck with yur ear infection.
  • Joel4
    Joel4 Member Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    zepfreak said:

NO PROBLEM
    Hope you already feel better. will keep you in my prayers for sure. You have helped me in the past and I appreciate it. Good luck with yur ear infection.

Praying
    Sweet,

I'm sorry you're feeling so cruddy.
    Ear aches suck for anyone but for a H&N cancer survivor they are particularly bothersome.
    I'm praying for you and I know you'll be feeling yourself very soon.

Joel
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    zepfreak said:

NO PROBLEM

No change yet.
    Lelia, John, Roz, Mike, Karegiver, Kathy, and Zepfeak, thank you for the well wishes and prayers. Myka, so far, my ear is still completely clogged, and my ear is still killing me. The prednisone, however, has endowed me with super human energy. Well, it feels superhuman to me, because I have had zero energy for the last 2.5 years. I have done more in one day today than I normally do in one week. Seriously, I'm not kidding. I cleaned 1/2 the house. Now if my ear would start turning around, that would be swell!

While I am still have my normal daily aches and pains today, it feels amazing not to feel my normal lethargic self on top of all the pain I always have. Not that it's terrible pain, it's like a 2, but it's constant. I plan on cleaning The Pit of Despair that is my room tomorrow if I am still this energetic. :)
  • Irishgypsie
    Irishgypsie Member Posts: 333
    Options

No change yet.
    Lelia, John, Roz, Mike, Karegiver, Kathy, and Zepfeak, thank you for the well wishes and prayers. Myka, so far, my ear is still completely clogged, and my ear is still killing me. The prednisone, however, has endowed me with super human energy. Well, it feels superhuman to me, because I have had zero energy for the last 2.5 years. I have done more in one day today than I normally do in one week. Seriously, I'm not kidding. I cleaned 1/2 the house. Now if my ear would start turning around, that would be swell!

While I am still have my normal daily aches and pains today, it feels amazing not to feel my normal lethargic self on top of all the pain I always have. Not that it's terrible pain, it's like a 2, but it's constant. I plan on cleaning The Pit of Despair that is my room tomorrow if I am still this energetic. :)

Better by Sunday!!
    Praying you are feeling a little better by Sunday!! :)

Charles
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options

No change yet.

Pssst
    Pssst come here little girl.....Nizzle has something for you...hehehe....

Hoping for some improvement tomorrow wonder woman.

JG
  • Dav1965
    Dav1965 Member Posts: 132
    Options

Better by Sunday!!
    Praying you are feeling a little better by Sunday!! :)

Charles

Hang in there
    We are all praying for you to feel better. Hopefully sooner than later. David
  • luv2cut1
    luv2cut1 Member Posts: 288
    Options

No change yet.

I take steroids
    For asthma sometimes. I know what you mean about the energy. Unfortunately, it wreaks havoc with my moods though
    Hope you feel better soon! Still praying! Keep us posted.

Myka
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    luv2cut1 said:

I take steroids
    For asthma sometimes. I know what you mean about the energy. Unfortunately, it wreaks havoc with my moods though
    Hope you feel better soon! Still praying! Keep us posted.

Myka

Thank you, Joel, you sneaked
    Thank you, Joel, you sneaked in there while I was posting. Thanks Charles and David, too! My doctor said I could need a tube in my ear. He said I should start to feel better by Friday :( Nothing so far. He said to call my ENT pronto on Monday, if I am not seeing improvement. I am scared of the tube thing. Do they have to put you out? I don't do well with that and the intubation thing. :-/ I suppose, there I go with the what if - what if...

John, at this point I'd let him piss in my ear if it would help. This seriously sucks. Tonight they were trying to give me Thor spit and drool to help me wash down my cake since I am sans un salivary gland. They think they are so funny. NOT

Myka, no mood swings with the prednisone. However the cleaning spree is quite unlike me. When I told my father I had all this energy, and was jumping up and down in his kitchen, he just kept reading his paper and said, "Good. Go clean your room."
  • josh r.
    josh r. Member Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Feeling bad AND ear pain
    Hi Sweet, There have been a good number of times over my grateful nearly 20 years of my "all clear"(ned) that have scared me plenty. Just two weeks ago I felt truly "crappy" and it passed within a few days, but was followed by the "ear pain" that you describe. That one always puts me "on edge". The sick feeling passed within a few days and the "pressure in the ears" has reduced with the usual pinching of the nostrils and blowing out from time to time. Know that you have the prayers of so many of us and that you will continue to be an inspiration to so many. Josh r.
  • FaithLyons
    FaithLyons Member Posts: 21
    Options
    josh r. said:

Feeling bad AND ear pain
    Hi Sweet, There have been a good number of times over my grateful nearly 20 years of my "all clear"(ned) that have scared me plenty. Just two weeks ago I felt truly "crappy" and it passed within a few days, but was followed by the "ear pain" that you describe. That one always puts me "on edge". The sick feeling passed within a few days and the "pressure in the ears" has reduced with the usual pinching of the nostrils and blowing out from time to time. Know that you have the prayers of so many of us and that you will continue to be an inspiration to so many. Josh r.

Smilz' N' Hugz
    Hope your feeling better in no time....
    thoughts and prayers are with ya!
  • Jimbo55
    Jimbo55 Member Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Sweet
    Hope things clear up quickly for you. Your father sounds just like mine, LOL. Cheers

Jimbo
  • JUDYV5
    JUDYV5 Member Posts: 392
    Options
    Sweet
    I hope that you are feeling better. I wanted to mention that your profile picture looks great. - Judy
  • Lelia
    Lelia Member Posts: 98
    Options
    Six days now?
    Any change with the ear pain? If it started Sunday that means today is Day 6, hope it's better babe.
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    Lelia said:

Six days now?
    Any change with the ear pain? If it started Sunday that means today is Day 6, hope it's better babe.

Jim and Judy, thank you. I
    Jim and Judy, thank you. I needed a picture change. That fuchsia is a favorite color for me. It's a happy color. :)

Lelia, it started Sunday, and was in and out. By tuesday totally clogged continually. No change today. Still cannot hear. I'm not a happy camper right now. Going to make myself have a smoothie and take my meds. I am coughing a lot last night and today.
  • zepfreak
    Options

Jim and Judy, thank you. I needed a picture change. That fuchsia is a favorite color for me. It's a happy color. :)

Lelia, it started Sunday, and was in and out. By tuesday totally clogged continually. No change today. Still cannot hear. I'm not a happy camper right now. Going to make myself have a smoothie and take my meds. I am coughing a lot last night and today.

STILL HERE
    I am doubling up my prayers and sending a triple shot of positive vibes. Truly hope you start feeling better. By the way, if your near Vegas, I have my own Pit of Despair (love it) that could use a little work.
  • zepfreak
    Options

STILL HERE
    I am doubling up my prayers and sending a triple shot of positive vibes. Truly hope you start feeling better. By the way, if your near Vegas, I have my own Pit of Despair (love it) that could use a little work.
  • buzz99
    buzz99 Member Posts: 404
    Options
    Ear pain
    Sweet, I hope you get some relief from the constant pain. It really wears on people. As for the tube in the ear, it can be put in at the doc's office, no need for anesthesia. My bro-in-law has had it done many times. Only, kids/babies need to be asleep for the procedure as they don't hold still. Karen
  • sweetblood22
    Options
    zepfreak said:

STILL HERE

Zepfreak, my cleaning tear
    Zepfreak, my cleaning tear was short lived. I have been curled up all day in bed. This cough is getting on my last nerve. My chest feels weird. The Princess Bride was on at noon, so watching was a no brainer. I have been to Vegas twice and it was a good time. Both times I had the best time drinking margaritas at Border Grille in our hotel. (Mandalay Bay and then TheHotel) best margaritas on the planet. I was lucky to get two all expense paid trips for a convention for work. Not much personal time, but what little I had was a blast. :)