Two Year Post PET Scheduled

Options

Comments

• hawk711
    hawk711 Member Posts: 566
    Options
    Pam M said:

Ugh
    Hate the wait. I put in a good word for you. I'm thinking you should hold some fourth of July fireworks back in reserve for a celebration later in the week.

John
    I can relate to your anxiety. I have a 18 months PET set for July also....I had a cancer buddy, (free himself for 6 years) tell me that you just need to eat right, get enough rest, exercise a little and all the rest takes care of itself. Get on with life and live it with no regrets John!!!!
    Prayers and good thoughts to you
    Steve
  • hedgpeth27
    hedgpeth27 Member Posts: 11
    Options
    PET tomorrow
    My first PET scan is tomorrow and I'm feeling the anxiety. I got the pathology results from my surgery today and I do not have to have radiation or chemo, but I'm still very anxious about the PET, just afraid they might find something somewhere else. I guess it doesn't matter whether it's brand new or months or years out it's still very nerve racking. I'll be thinking of you.
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Options
    PET
    I still don't understand why they always make us wait a week for the results...it gives us too much time to think of all the worst case scenarios!!! I agree with others that you should get the copy of the scan, you understand much more of what is said on the report than most of us here.

It's understandable that you are a bit gun shy but I have a gut feeling that you will get a clean scan!!!

You and Shelley, and many others, are in my prayers each day.

Stay strong,
    Glenna
  • Glenna M
    Options

PET tomorrow
    My first PET scan is tomorrow and I'm feeling the anxiety. I got the pathology results from my surgery today and I do not have to have radiation or chemo, but I'm still very anxious about the PET, just afraid they might find something somewhere else. I guess it doesn't matter whether it's brand new or months or years out it's still very nerve racking. I'll be thinking of you.

Hedgpeth27
    Wishing you the best as you go for your PET scan today and I understand your anxiety, I don't think any of us go through our scans without some anxiety.

So happy that you don't have to do chemo or radiation!!!

Stay strong,
    Glenna
  • rozaroo
    rozaroo Member Posts: 665
    Options
    Glenna M said:

PET
    I still don't understand why they always make us wait a week for the results...it gives us too much time to think of all the worst case scenarios!!! I agree with others that you should get the copy of the scan, you understand much more of what is said on the report than most of us here.

It's understandable that you are a bit gun shy but I have a gut feeling that you will get a clean scan!!!

You and Shelley, and many others, are in my prayers each day.

Stay strong,
    Glenna

John
    I hate the waiting & here it is brutal! You are in my thought's & prayer's daily. In the meantime keep fishing! I think I have hubby convinced to buy a small boat for us. I am sick & tired of looking at your pic's & know I am missing out lol!
    Hugg's & Love
    Roz
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    PET coming up

Hi John or as one other person called you the guy with the fish, I love that.

As you know my friend I am always thinking about you and praying for you, as you PET gets closer just put it in the hands of the Man up above. May you and Shelley have many many more wonderful and blessed years to come, and a little fishing in with that.

Thanks for being a great friend
    Hondo
  • arndog64
    arndog64 Member Posts: 537
    Options
    Hondo said:

PET coming up

Hi John or as one other person called you the guy with the fish, I love that.

As you know my friend I am always thinking about you and praying for you, as you PET gets closer just put it in the hands of the Man up above. May you and Shelley have many many more wonderful and blessed years to come, and a little fishing in with that.

Thanks for being a great friend
    Hondo

'Don't worry about a
    'Don't worry about a thing,
    Every little thing gonna be all right. Don't worry!

This song by Bob Marley, always puts a smile on my face and reminds me to be happy and take one day at a time.
  • Kent Cass
    Kent Cass Member Posts: 1,898 Member
    Options
    John
    My 2-year was April, you might recall- and it was a very good month for a number of us. Know you will continue the good results thing. Anything change for the worse in the past 6-months? Have any dark thoughts about finally wishing you could live the PEG experience?!!!If not, then there's no reason to get over-anxious. My one-year was the most stressful, but only on account of something maybe showing on the three-month.

My advice: if you are feeling so stressed about the results that you think it's impacting you to the negative, then stop-in and get the results before your Dr appointment. Of course, I would also advise that the best way to eliminate pre-results anxiety is to get a PEG. Yup. Get a PEG, and the ability to sleep automatically follows. Adios to junk mail, bad weather, and reeling in clumps of seaweed. Every cast gets you a fish worth keeping. Sometimes two. That is the PEG difference! Greg didn't want to tell you, being from St.Leeis and familiar with Big Muddy, but I'm clueing you into this secret, which I trust you won't say anything about. Graying hair and balding? Need a PEG. Toenail problem? PEG...Or, you can just know that your Drs did their job, and as you have been clean of C since the end of tx, that you still are, and...

Believe

kcass
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    AKA That Guy With A Fish
    I've been called worse, LOL....

Kent, you only wish that you could persuade me to your way of thinking, LOL....

As for fishing, I'm going to do that as often as I can...nearly every week-end. Part of that is keeping my boat in top form and running good...

HEWES Redfisher

Scouting Bait ~ Upper Tampa Bay

HEWES ~ Lake Hunter Ramp

Speck Fishing During Treatment

Shelley Bass Fishing with Me during Treatment

In keeping my boat running good and ethanol being in most fuel now. You need to run fuel through the motor at a minimum of every few weeks.

When I wasn't feeling my best midway through treatment, I still needed to run the boat.

So my wife being the trooper she was, really wasn't going to let me go to a local lake alone to do it. So we packed the boat up and headed to a lake just a few miles from the house.

My normal routine is to tie off a bow line to the boat, the other end to the trailer winching post. Then backing the boat down the ramp, taking the rope from the trailer and to tie off the boat at the dock until I park the truck and trailer.

This particular day, my wife is talking to me while I go through my routine. She says "do you want me to hold the rope for you".... OK, so I hand her the rope and back the boat down the ramp into the water, pulling away.

I see her in the rear view mirror waving to me to come back...I see my boat floating away from the dock....I gave her the end I normally tie to the bow of the boat.

Of course the wind is slightly blowing...away from the dock across the lake...my boat going with it, about 20' beyond the dock now.

I tell Shelley, "you need to swim and get my boat, no way I can do it"... well of course she gives me the look...I say, "hurry up before it gets too far"...

Being the awesome woman she is, she slipped off her jewelry and shoes, slid from the dock and swam out to my boat. She hooked an arm over the side and started swimming the boat back to the ramp.

The closer she got the more I gave her encouragement and heard her praying for no alligators...we live in Florida you know. I told her, "you're doing great..., keep swimming, no gators at the ramp, too many people in and out"....

Of course she wasn't happy with me...then I had to let her know..."you know, I still have to take the boat around the lake or a few laps"...

That went over really well...I owed her many favors for a long time after that day...

Best,
    John
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

AKA That Guy With A Fish

As for fishing, I'm going to do that as often as I can...nearly every week-end. Part of that is keeping my boat in top form and running good...

HEWES Redfisher

HEWES ~ Lake Hunter Ramp

In keeping my boat running good and ethanol being in most fuel now. You need to run fuel through the motor at a minimum of every few weeks.

When I wasn't feeling my best midway through treatment, I still needed to run the boat.

So my wife being the trooper she was, really wasn't going to let me go to a local lake alone to do it. So we packed the boat up and headed to a lake just a few miles from the house.

My normal routine is to tie off a bow line to the boat, the other end to the trailer winching post. Then backing the boat down the ramp, taking the rope from the trailer and to tie off the boat at the dock until I park the truck and trailer.

This particular day, my wife is talking to me while I go through my routine. She says "do you want me to hold the rope for you".... OK, so I hand her the rope and back the boat down the ramp into the water, pulling away.

I see her in the rear view mirror waving to me to come back...I see my boat floating away from the dock....I gave her the end I normally tie to the bow of the boat.

Of course the wind is slightly blowing...away from the dock across the lake...my boat going with it, about 20' beyond the dock now.

I tell Shelley, "you need to swim and get my boat, no way I can do it"... well of course she gives me the look...I say, "hurry up before it gets too far"...

Being the awesome woman she is, she slipped off her jewelry and shoes, slid from the dock and swam out to my boat. She hooked an arm over the side and started swimming the boat back to the ramp.

The closer she got the more I gave her encouragement and heard her praying for no alligators...we live in Florida you know. I told her, "you're doing great..., keep swimming, no gators at the ramp, too many people in and out"....

Of course she wasn't happy with me...then I had to let her know..."you know, I still have to take the boat around the lake or a few laps"...

That went over really well...I owed her many favors for a long time after that day...

Best,
    John

Props to Shelley
    No way in heck I'd have gotten in that water and swam to the boat. Nope.
  • connieprice1
    connieprice1 Member Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    John, I know what you mean
    John, I know what you mean about the anxiety of pet scan results. When Connie went to see her doctor for her results, the first thing we noticed was the nurse did not smile as she usually did. The doctor did not come into the room first but sent an assistant to ask Connie how she was feeling and then the results from the doctor herself. By the time we got them we were both ready to drop to our knees from anxiety then the words "clean pet scan" and it was like a party in the room. All laughter, smiles and a few tears. I want to wish you good luck and hope you have a nice party. Your friends, Homer & Connie
  • Glenna M
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

AKA That Guy With A Fish

HEWES Redfisher

HEWES ~ Lake Hunter Ramp

Best,
    John

OMG!!!
    I have visions of poor Shelley swimming back to the dock with your boat in tow - lol. I always knew she was an incredible woman but this is too much!!! I love my husband but there is NO way I would swim in water in Florida to retrieve a boat. I get chills just thinking about it.

You'd better treat that special lady of yours right or the abi's will get you - lol.

My love and best wishes to you and Shelley.
    Glenna

PS - thanks for making me laugh this morning :)
  • Jan Trinks
    Jan Trinks Member Posts: 477
    Options
    Good Luck
    John:

You and Shelley are in my prayers. And believe me I can relate to the anxiety and waiting. You're such an inspiration and certainly are a comfort to me. Lots of prayers and hugs for you and Shelley. God Bless!

Jan (Basketcase)
  • Skiffin16
    Options

Hey John.......
    Had my 2 year Pet Scan on the 6th of June, and had the results told to me on the 10th. My Oncologist informed me and my wife that EVERYTHING WAS TOTALLY CLEAR....and he reached down and popped open a small bottle of Korbel Brut for the 3 of us with these plastic flutes. The Chemo staff then joined us with some great cupcakes and lots of hugs. He gave me a CD of the Scan, and told me to come back in a year. Spent the next week in Hawaii with my wife, and I'm off to Jacksonville Beach this Saturday to help my kid move into her new house on the beach. I've got a feeling that you'll come through this with flying colors........at least no red areas :). Prayers and thoughts will be sent your way.

Larry

Cheers
    WOW, you are visiting all of my old haunts....

Was stationed in Hawaii for two years back in the day (Marine Corps - FMFPAC HQ - Camp Smith). Living in Florida, I use to visit friends in Jacksonville Beach, but they've since relocated...My mother lives in Ocala, and Shelley and I in Lakeland...down near Tampa - Orlando.

Congrats on the clean PET.

~John
  • Skiffin16
    Options

PET tomorrow

Good Results
    Hoping you have good results and nothing to worry about.

~J
  • luv4lacrosse
    luv4lacrosse Member Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options

John. Nope wasn't Greg. She meant you.
    "Let me also express my gratitude to you out-of-treatment guys who stay with this board and give perspective and hope to so many. When things get a little bleak around here I have been known to quote Hondo and Skiffin AKA that guy with a fish. Some boy scouts get little old ladies across the street, others post to this board. Many thanks to all.

Regards,

Nancy"

From her first post on 6-19. So you're that guy with a fish. :)

I didn't like the color on the last photo. It was annoying me. Every time I saw it, it made me think I was jaundice. It had to go, was giving me bad memories and feelings. Pink is a happier color and I don't look jaundice in this one. :D

THANK YOU TOO SWEETS
    Firt off, I like the new pic. I should probably change mine as I no longer look the way I did in that pic. You have come a long way as your photos indicate. You have worked real hard to get to this point and keep on working hard.

I agree with your comment about the old posters staying on, and you are to be included in the group of veterans. Some times it is hard for me to come on as this can be a reminder of the bad times and it makes moving forward difficult. I have started coming back more often as I am sure when I first signed on, allot of the folks posting to me to keep me positive were also living cancer free post treatment for months and even years, and they still take the time to help someone who is just entering the battle.

I am actually starting to find it therapeutic for me to try to "pay it forward" to another human being who is in the same boat as I was months ago.

To all of my CSN friends here, have a great Thursday.

Best!!

Mike
  • Skiffin16
    Options
    Greg53 said:

the guy with the fish - LOL
    LOL - Sweet. Hadn't heard that. (He probably likes that nickname too much though)

At first I was going to ask John - how did he get those 3 groupers to pose like that? (but I didn't want to be too orney)....... And then I recognized him as the one on the left.

Grouper Lips
    So are you saying that I'm mighty tasty looking or I have Grouper Lips, LOL....

~J
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options

THANK YOU TOO SWEETS
    Firt off, I like the new pic. I should probably change mine as I no longer look the way I did in that pic. You have come a long way as your photos indicate. You have worked real hard to get to this point and keep on working hard.

I agree with your comment about the old posters staying on, and you are to be included in the group of veterans. Some times it is hard for me to come on as this can be a reminder of the bad times and it makes moving forward difficult. I have started coming back more often as I am sure when I first signed on, allot of the folks posting to me to keep me positive were also living cancer free post treatment for months and even years, and they still take the time to help someone who is just entering the battle.

I am actually starting to find it therapeutic for me to try to "pay it forward" to another human being who is in the same boat as I was months ago.

To all of my CSN friends here, have a great Thursday.

Best!!

Mike

Mike. It is good to pay it forward.
    There are times it's really hard for me to come here every day. Not because it makes me remember the past, but because it makes me anxious of the future. I struggle because it's very hard for me to read about recurrence. I think most people have times when it's hard to come here, but for me, I get more joy than anxiety. At least right now the balance is ok. Some days are harder than others, but such is life. :)

You should change your pic. You have worked hard too. New picture sort of embraces the new normal that you are now.
  • Pumakitty
    Pumakitty Member Posts: 652
    Options
    Hi John
    Tons and Tons of prayers coming your way!!!! Hugs to!

Kathy
  • Ingrid K
    Ingrid K Member Posts: 813
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

AKA That Guy With A Fish

HEWES Redfisher

HEWES ~ Lake Hunter Ramp

Best,
    John

boat's afloat
    this post made me laugh -- I can picture this all in my head, being former boat owners ourselves.... stuff happens..... but you sure are a lucky man.... not only did your amazing Shelley take care of you..... she takes care of your boat ! not many women out that like that ! Good luck on the scans and I agree with one of the other posters... save some big bang stuff from the 4th for your 2nd celebration after a clear test!