Join us Walking, Swimming, Cycling, Weights, Paddling, Jogging and get SURVIVAL BOOST 3#

Comments

• relaxoutdoors08
    relaxoutdoors08 Member Posts: 521 Member
    Today a Sunny Day
    Today it was sunny so did 30 minutes of Tai Chi in the morning and walked 5 miles. I found online the study which says walking one hour per day will improve our chances by having a positive impact on those cells that clean out cells which might decide to become cancerous. So today is the day to start that one hour walk.
    NB
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member

Today a Sunny Day
    Today it was sunny so did 30 minutes of Tai Chi in the morning and walked 5 miles. I found online the study which says walking one hour per day will improve our chances by having a positive impact on those cells that clean out cells which might decide to become cancerous. So today is the day to start that one hour walk.
    NB

I like your decision NB!
    But carefully, sun can be a criminal this time of the year! at least here! hahaha!
    Enjoy your walk !
  • janie1
    janie1 Member Posts: 753 Member
    pepebcn said:

I like your decision NB!
    But carefully, sun can be a criminal this time of the year! at least here! hahaha!
    Enjoy your walk !

NB
    Tomorrow when I walk my 5 miles, I'll think of those good cells overtaking any bad cells hanging around. Thanks for that input. I'm thinking positive.
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    janie1 said:

NB
    Tomorrow when I walk my 5 miles, I'll think of those good cells overtaking any bad cells hanging around. Thanks for that input. I'm thinking positive.

off for a dive tomorrow
    Just easy walking today and bamboo rafting with a few families

Glad we are all still exercising.

Hugs,
    Pete
  • relaxoutdoors08
    pepebcn said:

Fun weekend 82 degrees , no one single cloud lots of walks on
    the beach ,when crowds allowed, lots of sun ,little bath water still a bit cold to me!Lots of boating ,nice tanned face , Lots of food and a little of good red wine e every lunch!And lots of escargots! I love them!

Need a Hat and Sunscreen
    Hello Pepe and everyone,
    Has been 60 degrees, and windy here No. Minnesota but now 80+ degrees with heat indexes over 100 degrees so had to walk at 9:00 Pm before bed to get my 4-5 miles on an hour walk last night.

I too am following the Mediterranean Diet with less fat and less salt for my husband but Liver Toxins too high from chemo so no red wine. I will enjoy the red wine via your postings.
    NB
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    went diving 2 hours swimming each day
    getting sun and exercise and good food.

hugs,
    pete
  • pepebcn

went diving 2 hours swimming each day
    getting sun and exercise and good food.

hugs,
    pete

Just walking a lot on the beach execelent wheather sun but
    nice breeze! ?Let's post mates!
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pepebcn said:

Just walking a lot on the beach execelent wheather sun but
    nice breeze! ?Let's post mates!

sun and walking great pepe
    i have finished a double dive with sharks attacking a big school of fish a long way out to sea. medium currents so it was a good workout.

really warnout but feeling great except for arse problems.

anyone else exercising ? come remember the 53% survival boost.

hugs,
    pete
  • pepebcn

sun and walking great pepe
    i have finished a double dive with sharks attacking a big school of fish a long way out to sea. medium currents so it was a good workout.

really warnout but feeling great except for arse problems.

anyone else exercising ? come remember the 53% survival boost.

hugs,
    pete

Have some beach walking tomorrow and some boating!
    hugs!
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Cape Cod
    Here's a first for us. I went stand up paddling in a back water salt marsh on Cape Cod yesterday. **** on the other hand, surfed the stand up paddle board in the cold Atlantic yesterday. It was lots of fun!

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • pepebcn

Cape Cod
    Here's a first for us. I went stand up paddling in a back water salt marsh on Cape Cod yesterday. **** on the other hand, surfed the stand up paddle board in the cold Atlantic yesterday. It was lots of fun!

Aloha,
    Kathleen

Great Kthleeen ! you And **** are some of the most positive
    people here follow like this , the way to cure!
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pepebcn said:

Great Kthleeen ! you And **** are some of the most positive
    people here follow like this , the way to cure!

done 36 hours swimming in the last few weeks
    hi exercisers,

not been able to post here due to heavy diving, eating and relaxing.

the internet is also a bit of a problem.

but i have been exercising and really enjoying myself.

been walking along dirt village roads and fertilizinng the fijin countryside.

keep on exercising.

lets beat this curse,

enough is enough.

hugs,

pete

ps remember annecan with fondness, well i also think petecan whenever i get into a difficult spot.
  • pepebcn

done 36 hours swimming in the last few weeks
    hi exercisers,

not been able to post here due to heavy diving, eating and relaxing.

the internet is also a bit of a problem.

but i have been exercising and really enjoying myself.

been walking along dirt village roads and fertilizinng the fijin countryside.

keep on exercising.

lets beat this curse,

enough is enough.

hugs,

pete

ps remember annecan with fondness, well i also think petecan whenever i get into a difficult spot.

Anybody else ?
    not very sportive people this week eh?
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn said:

Anybody else ?
    not very sportive people this week eh?

Done big walk las weekend nice wheather!
    Subby but windy so walking towards the Wind counts double! hahahaha!.
    Common lest walk!
  • relaxoutdoors08
    Tai Chi , Biking, Gardening
    It's Monday and back to the Tai Chi 30 minutes in the morning and at a Yard Sale this week end got a Schwinn Deluxe 5 Speed Collegiate Circa 1970 that runs great so biked all weekend and just finished 2 miles this morning. The temperature is reaching 95 degrees which is unusual for Northern Minnesota so I will do another 2 miles this evening when it cools down to the 80's. Today plan to garden in the shade.
    NB
  • pepebcn

Tai Chi , Biking, Gardening
    It's Monday and back to the Tai Chi 30 minutes in the morning and at a Yard Sale this week end got a Schwinn Deluxe 5 Speed Collegiate Circa 1970 that runs great so biked all weekend and just finished 2 miles this morning. The temperature is reaching 95 degrees which is unusual for Northern Minnesota so I will do another 2 miles this evening when it cools down to the 80's. Today plan to garden in the shade.
    NB

Excellent NB!
    PETE we need you here!
  • jbohsix
    jbohsix Member Posts: 1
    pepebcn said:

Excellent NB!
    PETE we need you here!

New
    Hi I am new to this board, but not cancer support boards. There are so many and one can always learn something.

This excercise board is Great. I try and get two hours in everyday. I like walking right now. I am up to an hour a day.
    I go to 'Curves' twice a week for an hour.
    Since my almost two years of treatments and surgery, now I am clean for the time! I want to build up a good body again.
    I must say this board is 'Great' with the support and advice.
    I seldom post on any board. I try to soak up all the help I can get.
    NB I wish I could find a Bike like you did. That is one thing I want to do again.
    I have read a lot and feel I know you all. Some are so intelligent in the advice they give, yet never go past what a Doctor may say and always advice to see the Doctor.
    Jbohsix
  • relaxoutdoors08
    jbohsix said:

New
    Hi I am new to this board, but not cancer support boards. There are so many and one can always learn something.

This excercise board is Great. I try and get two hours in everyday. I like walking right now. I am up to an hour a day.
    I go to 'Curves' twice a week for an hour.
    Since my almost two years of treatments and surgery, now I am clean for the time! I want to build up a good body again.
    I must say this board is 'Great' with the support and advice.
    I seldom post on any board. I try to soak up all the help I can get.
    NB I wish I could find a Bike like you did. That is one thing I want to do again.
    I have read a lot and feel I know you all. Some are so intelligent in the advice they give, yet never go past what a Doctor may say and always advice to see the Doctor.
    Jbohsix

Biked 3 miles
    Hi Jbohsix and others,
    Yesterday we had severe storms with rain, thunder and lightning, and high winds so no biking. This morning it is beautiful so did 3 miles this morning and hope to do the same this evening. Gardening today to pull weeds and move some plants.
    My husband and I are into recycling and repurposing so this Schwinn Collegiate is the vintage of when my husband and I biked in the Twin cities while attending the University of Minnesota. Just getting on the bike and riding brings back all those wonderful feelings and it feels great to be alive. I wish you Jbohsix the same feelings. I too am working on building back muscle, strength and endurance as part of my Surveillance Plan. Wish you the same.

For those who Bike, what would be a good goal? How many miles in how much time???
    NB
    NB
  • pepebcn

Biked 3 miles
    Hi Jbohsix and others,
    Yesterday we had severe storms with rain, thunder and lightning, and high winds so no biking. This morning it is beautiful so did 3 miles this morning and hope to do the same this evening. Gardening today to pull weeds and move some plants.
    My husband and I are into recycling and repurposing so this Schwinn Collegiate is the vintage of when my husband and I biked in the Twin cities while attending the University of Minnesota. Just getting on the bike and riding brings back all those wonderful feelings and it feels great to be alive. I wish you Jbohsix the same feelings. I too am working on building back muscle, strength and endurance as part of my Surveillance Plan. Wish you the same.

For those who Bike, what would be a good goal? How many miles in how much time???
    NB
    NB

PETE, hope you never abandon this thread my friend
    we got a goal to achieve together !
    Done 5 km walking today, quite fresh here to be summer ,bad for the beach but good for walking!
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pepebcn said:

PETE, hope you never abandon this thread my friend
    we got a goal to achieve together !
    Done 5 km walking today, quite fresh here to be summer ,bad for the beach but good for walking!

thanks pepe
    just been snowed under with work in our business, time to make some money or go bust.

managed an hours walk today.

i appreciate the few walkers, exercisers we have, especially you pebe.

hugs,
    pete