Options
13»

Comments

• Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    linpsu said:

Dawne
    I am so sorry to hear this news! It is just devastating to know that it is back so soon after getting through chemo already. It won't be easy, but you are a strong and determined lady who has so much to give your family, that you WILL beat this! Extra prayers are being sent your way, dear sister. Hugs, Linda

thoughts and prayers
    I too am sorry to hear your latest news. For sure you will be in the thoughts and prayers of all of us. It is indeed very difficult to inform our families that the fight is not over, after all, they've been in the fight with us and want the best possible outcome.

As for having to restart chemo, you can do it! Chemo drugs don't have the same effect for everyone. While I was on Taxotere, my cancer grew very rapidly. Then, when switched to Navelbine, it stopped growing but took several weeks before starting to shrink. As treatments continued the results have kept on improving. Tomorrow will be chemo #58 for me, it is my life-line and I wouldn't be here without it. It's not always easy but it's always worth the effort. Hang in there.

Stay strong and keep up your hope and courage. God bless.
    Marsha
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Options
    Dawne
    I am very sad to hear your news. Going through all this once is bad enough but to have to do it a second time is just not fair. I know you can do it again! I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and send some positive energy to help you through.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Dawne - im so sorry this is
    Dawne - im so sorry this is happening. im sure you need a day or two to let the news sink in, and then we will all gear up to fight with you. we're here for you & will hold you up when you can't. *hugs hugs dear sister*
    -heather
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

Dawne, I am truly sorry that
    Dawne, I am truly sorry that the beast has returned. I believe in the power of prayer and will be praying for you and your family. I can't even imagine how it must feel to you right now. You are a brave woman and will conquer this beast. I know you will!

"May you be at peace, May you be free of Suffering,"
    Dianne

I am so sorry Dawne to read
    I am so sorry Dawne to read this. You will be in my prayers.

Hugs, Diane
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

I know how hard this is the
    I know how hard this is the first time, I cannot imagine doing it again my friend! I wish somehow I could take it away from you and make it all go away. Please know that we are here for you, fighting with you, holding your hand in cyber space and sending you cyber (((HUGS))). You are in my prayers as we speak and so is your family. I know how hard this is on our families and to have to do it a second time, I know you worry about them.

Nancy

I am so sorry Dawne. I will
    I am so sorry Dawne. I will be praying for you.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

IBC
    Hey RE,

Thank You for your encouraging words. I needed to hear your story right now, it is giving me more determentation to beat this :) You are so strong, brave and determined. I can't remember, do you also have IBC?

Thank You for praying for my family and me.

Hugs and God Bless,

Dawne

You can and you will beat
    You can and you will beat this Dawne! Look at all of the support you have here! Fight and keep fighting!

Hugs, Jan
  • csr771
    csr771 Member Posts: 117
    Options
    Be Encouraged
    Be encouraged...this too shall pass. I know that in the midst of all of this it seems that there is no end to the treatments, disapppointment, doctors, etc. etc. You can do this.
    You will get to the other side of the treatments. Sometimes the only thing that we can do is our attitude and the desire to fight the demon called cancer. Fight on! Pray on! Live on!
  • yv1214
    yv1214 Member Posts: 72
    Options
    csr771 said:

Be Encouraged
    Be encouraged...this too shall pass. I know that in the midst of all of this it seems that there is no end to the treatments, disapppointment, doctors, etc. etc. You can do this.
    You will get to the other side of the treatments. Sometimes the only thing that we can do is our attitude and the desire to fight the demon called cancer. Fight on! Pray on! Live on!

Dawn
    As I read your post I got tears in my eyes. I am very sorry to hear your news. But know that we are all here for you.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Yessy
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Options
    Dearest Dawne, I'm so so so
    Dearest Dawne, I'm so so so so sorry you have to jump back in the battle once again. Your post brought tears to my eyes and I want you to know I'm praying for you and your family. It hits hard to hear those words AGAIN, I recently jumped to stage 4, mets to my spine and I'm back in treatment as well. As you, the hardest part was telling my kids and loved ones that I'm not cancer free, we tend to worry more about the pain it'll cause them than the pain it causes us. It killed me to have to tell them it was back. I'm in this fight with you as well and together we can beat it, hang on to hope and keep in touch with your Kindred Spirits. BIG GENTLE HUGS
    Kari
  • Annette 11
    Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
    Options
    So Sorry
    Dawne, I am truly so sorry to hear what you will have to endure again. I will keep looking for you posts. Will be anxious to hear how you are doing. You are in my prayers and know we are with you and care.
    Hugs
    Annette
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options

So Sorry
    Dawne, I am truly so sorry to hear what you will have to endure again. I will keep looking for you posts. Will be anxious to hear how you are doing. You are in my prayers and know we are with you and care.
    Hugs
    Annette

How did I miss this?
    Dear Dawne:
    I just read your news and am so angry and sad for you. I'm sending all of my hopes, prayers, and positive thoughts to you. As others have said, we will be here for you. Do you have a treatment plan yet?

Suzanne
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options

How did I miss this?
    Dear Dawne:
    I just read your news and am so angry and sad for you. I'm sending all of my hopes, prayers, and positive thoughts to you. As others have said, we will be here for you. Do you have a treatment plan yet?

Suzanne

Sorry Dawne that I am late
    Sorry Dawne that I am late in posting to you. Haven't been on a lot lately. I am so very sorry for this news. My heart aches for you.

Please know that I am praying for you and please keep us updated.

HUGS!
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Options
    susie09 said:

Sorry Dawne that I am late
    Sorry Dawne that I am late in posting to you. Haven't been on a lot lately. I am so very sorry for this news. My heart aches for you.

Please know that I am praying for you and please keep us updated.

HUGS!

Dawne
    I am so sorry that I haven't posted before this, but have been a bit under the weather. I know you must be devastated, but as many have posted, you are strong, and will get through this also. Sending hugs and good thoughts your way, and just know that if you need anything, we are all as close as this Board. Hang in their, girl....we are all on your side. Judy
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Options

Dawne
    I am so sorry that I haven't posted before this, but have been a bit under the weather. I know you must be devastated, but as many have posted, you are strong, and will get through this also. Sending hugs and good thoughts your way, and just know that if you need anything, we are all as close as this Board. Hang in their, girl....we are all on your side. Judy

Sending prayers and hugs
    Sending prayers and hugs your way.

Donna