What State or Country do you live in? We havent done this in a while !

Options

Comments

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    jendrey said:

SoCal
    camul - !!! We are (were) practically neighbors! Can you believe it; how they've revamped the civic center in Ontario? The library now has a roundabout (don't know if that's what it's really called - one of those circle things to drive around), the Ontario police dept. moved way over S. Archibald Ave. Which I consider it as being in Chino rather than Ontario ya' know? Upland has really grown too, but not in a ridiculous way like Cucamonga has..er, excuse me, Rancho Cucamonga!!! =)

Once upon a time Quad-Cities was home and I lived in Anderson, CA when Mt. St. Helens erupted. Volcanic ash is some seriously insidious stuff.

I now live in a tiny little community called Bloomington (in California, not Indiana!) closer to VickiSam I think =)

How long have you been in
    How long have you been in the area? It is always fun when I go back and see all the changes! Chino was a farm town when I was growing up, and Upland and Ontario still had orange groves. We lived about 8 blocks or so from the library, and the airport terminal was about a block long, smaller than Long Beach. We would ditch school and go to Newport and sometimes TJ. It really was fun growing up there!

My niece used to live in Bloomington but now lives in Menifee. I still love to go home (So. Cal) where my brothers and sisters still live, and am still trying to figure out how we ended up in Utah, as beautiful as it is, it is not home!
  • emamei
    emamei Member Posts: 146
    Options
    Born in Oregon but...
    Hi there.

Born in Oregon and live in Vancouver, BC Canada - Home of the 2010 Winter Olympics.
  • robang13
    robang13 Member Posts: 333
    Options
    cruf said:

Ossining,NY
    I've lived in Westchester County most of my life. I grew up in North Tarrytown,NY home of The Headless Horseman and Icobod Crane. I now live a few miles North of that in Ossining, home of Sing Sing Prison. Cathy

not far
    Ossining is a rocks through from me!
  • robang13
    Options

New York!
    But I wish I lived on a farm, where I can smell the fresh air. Watch the cows and horses pass me by, eating their grass. Where many trees surround me, and the flowers always bloom. :)

Where in NY? I'm from
    Where in NY? I'm from Yonkers
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Options
    emamei said:

Born in Oregon but...
    Hi there.

Born in Oregon and live in Vancouver, BC Canada - Home of the 2010 Winter Olympics.

Vancouver
    We spent a few days in Vancouver 2 summers ago - it was absolutely gorgeous! We would love to return and spend more time there.
  • Grandma X 6
    Grandma X 6 Member Posts: 135
    Options
    linpsu said:

Vancouver
    We spent a few days in Vancouver 2 summers ago - it was absolutely gorgeous! We would love to return and spend more time there.

Connecticut
    I live in Norwalk about an hour from NY. I also lived in GALVESTON TEXAS for 10 years my Mothers family was there.
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Born & raised in South Bend,
    Born & raised in South Bend, Indiana. Northwest part of the state, about 90 minutes from Chicago.
  • cruf
    cruf Member Posts: 908
    Options
    robang13 said:

not far
    Ossining is a rocks through from me!

Hi Robang 13! I'm almost 11 years out
    Hi! I'm almost 11 years out from my DCIS experience. If you have any questions please IM me here. Where did you have your surgery? Who is your surgeon? I would be willing to meet up with you in your area if you want to chat. There are 2 other ladies that used to come here all the time who are also from Yonkers. Keep in touch. I'm around your age. HUGS!!! Cathy
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    Slidell, LA
    Slidell, LA

But born in Philadelphia.

And I also feel very close to Idaho as I spent nearly every summer as a child in Lowell with my grandparents.
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options

Slidell, LA
    Slidell, LA

But born in Philadelphia.

And I also feel very close to Idaho as I spent nearly every summer as a child in Lowell with my grandparents.

CC my sons were born in
    CC my sons were born in Philadelphia, Delaware County, we lived there for 10 years and I loved it.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

Anna,
    We're near Oneonta - an hour to Binghamton, an hour to Utica, about two to Syracuse & 3 to Rochester. The big apple is around 3 & a half. We've been to Geneva. Canp around the finger lakes and like the outlet mall in Waterloo.

Sue

The Midwest!

The Midwest!
  • robang13
    Options
    linpsu said:

PA
    Born and raised in beautiful Lancaster, Pennsylvania.

Linpsu
    WOW! You live where I always wanted to. We travel there a few times a year to smell the air and eat the food and soak up the atmosphere ! On my way next weekend for our 28th ann. I need a few days rest in the middle of my rads!

angela
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
    Options
    natly15 said:

CC my sons were born in
    CC my sons were born in Philadelphia, Delaware County, we lived there for 10 years and I loved it.

Deep in Central Texas
    I live in Central Texas. I've lived here for the past 23 years and love it.
  • BunnyJane
    BunnyJane Member Posts: 213
    Options

Deep in Central Texas
    I live in Central Texas. I've lived here for the past 23 years and love it.

Near Philadelphia, PA
    in Pottstown, PA.

Grew up in Buffalo, NY and have also lived in Dayton, OH and Burlington,VT.
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Options
    South Dakota :-) Born and
    South Dakota :-) Born and raised here, but lived a couple years in Silverdale Washington, just off the Puget Sound, had I been a little smarter I would have stayed on the coast. Someday I'll leave this state, not sure as to where I'll wind up, but when my youngest graduates, I'm out of here :-)
    Miles of Love,
    Kari
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Options

South Dakota :-) Born and
    South Dakota :-) Born and raised here, but lived a couple years in Silverdale Washington, just off the Puget Sound, had I been a little smarter I would have stayed on the coast. Someday I'll leave this state, not sure as to where I'll wind up, but when my youngest graduates, I'm out of here :-)
    Miles of Love,
    Kari

Space Coast
    Florida
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Options
    Cat64 said:

Space Coast
    Florida

East Texas Girl
    We have been in Jacksonville TX for the past four years, lived in Ruidoso, NM for eight years before that, but grew up in Houston TX area. I have made the rounds, but enjoy living in Jacksonville. (However, we still spend the summers in Ruidoso, mainly because of the horrible Texas heat in thesummer. Ruidoso is never above the mid 80's during hte summer, with low humidity. How spoiled am I? ) Good to see where everyone is from. hugs, Judy
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    Options
    state
    kentucky girl
    lots of rain and rain and rain.
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    ladybug22 said:

state
    kentucky girl
    lots of rain and rain and rain.

I feel...
    So lonely...lol isn't there someone besides me from NC?
  • dbhadra
    dbhadra Member Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    MAJW said:

I feel...
    So lonely...lol isn't there someone besides me from NC?

Northern Virginia...Reston
    but I was born and raised in Connecticut, and went to school in Rhode Island and Massachusetts.