heartbroken

Options
2»

Comments

• Love2Cats
    Love2Cats Member Posts: 127
    Options
    Lucy
    I am so sorry to hear about your husband. Your post really struck a chord with me when you said "I still cannot believe he has left me alone here", this is the hardest part of having stage 4 cancer for me. I have so much guilt over dying and leaving my wife and cats alone. I apologize to her almost everyday.

Your husband still does, and will always love you. He is at peace now, and he is watching over you with love.

Take care of yourself,

Sandy
  • soccermom13
    soccermom13 Member Posts: 224
    Options
    Sweet Lucy!
    I feel so sad for the loss of your husband. You both went thru so much and sounds like you both fought hard! Please accept this cyber hug and know that you will be in my prayers that your heartache will lessen and you will feel the love of your dear husband.
    Hugs and many more!
    Shanna
  • GaryinUK
    GaryinUK Member Posts: 62
    Options
    He is there
    Lucy

Your dear husband is still with you and will be for every moment that you live, whilst he remains in your memory he has not left you alone, he can still answer when you ask him something because you know how he would answer. When you miss him most, sit or lie down, holding a treasured piece of clothing and think of all the good times you had when you were together, this is not painful, it is I suggest how you remain together, how your memories remain strong, how it is not about the bad times.
    People say you have to move on, they are often those who have never had to experience it for themselves, you don't have to 'move on', yes you must live and cherish your memories but if the person you most love has gone, remembering them and loving them still is what you deserve.

Be strong, cherish him and live

Gary
  • HollyID
    HollyID Member Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Lucy
    You have my deepest condolences. Yes, this damned disease.

My prayers and thoughts are with you. Again, I'm so sorry

Love and Hugs,

Holly
  • JoyceSteele
    JoyceSteele Member Posts: 145
    Options
    think
    Lucy, I am praying for your comfort in the loss of your husband. Take one day, one minute at a time. Sending you a huge hug. Joyce
  • Jane822
    Jane822 Member Posts: 50
    Options
    So sorry for your loss
    I am so sorry you are facing this sorrow - I lost my husband when we were 46 and I know you are wondering how you will ever face each day and get through it. You will. Just don't look too far ahead - take each day as it comes. Take your time grieving and you will get through this. Count of your friends and family and allow them to support for however long it takes. You may not believe this, but you will smile again and cherish your memories.
  • ktlcs
    ktlcs Member Posts: 358
    Options
    My heart goes out to you.
    I too lost my husband in July to this F%$#NG monster. I HATE CANCER, what it does to those who have been stricken with it and those who love them. I wish I could say that it will get better. I'm sure it does, but it takes a long time, at least in my experience. I have found that therapy is helping me and I never thought I would be the type to see a therapist.

Just know that he is at peace and that you are not alone. And that there are a lot of wonderful people here to help you through it.

((Hugs))

Kathy
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I'm very sorry
    Oh, Lucy.

I'm sorry I missed this earlier. I will pray for you to find some peace. I think the word "heartbroken" says it all for you right now.

*hugs*
    Gail