"Saturday Night Fever"
    "The Fockers"

I am fond of Westerns:
    "The Searchers"
    "Geronimo"
    "Hombre"
    "Broken Arrow"
    "Broken Lance"

And of course I have always been a big fan of Dorris Day, Katherine Hepburn, and Bette Davis.

We love A Few Good Men too!
    We love A Few Good Men too! I think I have most of it even memorized, we've watched it so much. Great show!

Leeza
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    woodsygal said:

Movies!!!
    I love Fried Green Tomatoes!!!!!

It's funny that every movie
    It's funny that every movie that was listed is also a favorite of mine. I like so many genres of movies that it is hard to list one favorite but one I love is To Kill A Mockingbird and for comedy I love The Producers and The Birdcage. I love a good horror move and Silence of the Lambs is probably my fav. I loved Godfather I and II. And in the light hearted vein Miss Congeniality. Also, Terms of Endearment, Beaches, Philadelphia, Forrest Gump, and for the oldies, Gone with the Wind, It's a Wonderful Life (any Jimmy Stewart is great) all the Cary Grant especially Charade. Oh, my list could go on and on. And animation would be Up and Nightmare Before Christmas. And I loved Totoro, Howl's Moving Castle, and Kiki's Special Delivery. I must stop now or my list will be over a thousand "favorites". LOL
    Stef
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    I have two
    Out of Africa...Breakfast at Tiffany's
  • PinkPearl
    PinkPearl Member Posts: 280
    Options
    movies..hmmm
    I am not a big movie watcher but the first one that sprang to my mind was Gone with the Wind, I remember devouring the book in high school first. Loved Dirty Dancing since my husband went to VA Tech and we went to Mountain Lake often where it was filmed, as mentioned above. I also like the old James Bond movies-esp when Sean Connery was Bond. Oh Sound of Music too. I could picture myself--ha ha- singing in the Alps--I love those scenes!!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    weazer said:

Weathering Hieghts
    I have a few!

Weathering Hieghts...Old Black and White:)

Color purple

Gone with the wind

Dances with Wolfs

Love reading all about these
    Love reading all about these great movies! Fun seeing how a lot have the same ones.

Glad you liked this thread!
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    PinkPearl said:

movies..hmmm
    I am not a big movie watcher but the first one that sprang to my mind was Gone with the Wind, I remember devouring the book in high school first. Loved Dirty Dancing since my husband went to VA Tech and we went to Mountain Lake often where it was filmed, as mentioned above. I also like the old James Bond movies-esp when Sean Connery was Bond. Oh Sound of Music too. I could picture myself--ha ha- singing in the Alps--I love those scenes!!

I LOVE movies. This is hard.
    I LOVE movies. This is hard. Gone with the Wind was my favorite since I was young. I loved Moonstruck, The Godfather (all 3), A Bronx Tale. All the old movies are my very favorite...too many to mention but Backstreet with Susan Hayward, Gigilo ? (Jackie Gleason as a deaf mute) what a tear jerker.
    Most recently loved The Fighter.
    Thanks Susie, you always have fun posts!
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    I hate to admit
    that a couple of my favs are very sad - Love Story, The Way We Were and Beaches.

Char
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

It's funny that every movie
    It's funny that every movie that was listed is also a favorite of mine. I like so many genres of movies that it is hard to list one favorite but one I love is To Kill A Mockingbird and for comedy I love The Producers and The Birdcage. I love a good horror move and Silence of the Lambs is probably my fav. I loved Godfather I and II. And in the light hearted vein Miss Congeniality. Also, Terms of Endearment, Beaches, Philadelphia, Forrest Gump, and for the oldies, Gone with the Wind, It's a Wonderful Life (any Jimmy Stewart is great) all the Cary Grant especially Charade. Oh, my list could go on and on. And animation would be Up and Nightmare Before Christmas. And I loved Totoro, Howl's Moving Castle, and Kiki's Special Delivery. I must stop now or my list will be over a thousand "favorites". LOL
    Stef

Forrest Gump was a great
    Forrest Gump was a great movie! Stef, all of your pics are great!

Hugs, Jan
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    Dirty Dancing-Swayze!!!!
    OR

Dirty Dancing-Swayze!!!!

OR any LIFE TIME...movie
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Libby- Grease is my all time
    Libby- Grease is my all time favorite too!!
    There are a few others that i LOVE and can watch over & over & recite word for word: Anchorman, Natural Born Killers, the Shrek movies, Sixteen Candles, Revenge of the Nerds, Pulp Fiction, Harlem Nights...i tend to like funny & scary movies the most!
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • joannstar
    joannstar Member Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    The Day the Earth Stood Still
    with Michael Rennie is one of my all time favs.

I also can't pass up watching:

Pretty Woman
    9 to 5

along with many others that have been mentioned above.

JoAnn
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    joannstar said:

The Day the Earth Stood Still
    with Michael Rennie is one of my all time favs.

I also can't pass up watching:

Pretty Woman
    9 to 5

along with many others that have been mentioned above.

JoAnn

I have two others that I
    I have two others that I really like. Momemto and Dark City. Momemto has to be watched carefully and my family and I really talked about it and its twists long afterward. Dark City is a scifi that if you liked Blade Runner you would probably enjoy. And also one more, Nomads with Pierce Bronsan in a role that was a bit of a departure for him.
    May have more later.
    Stef
  • mrs gadget
    mrs gadget Member Posts: 118
    Options
    I have a few of them
    Here they are in order by the one I love the most being first

1) City Slickers
    2) The Horse Whisperer
    3) Under the Tuscan Sun
    4) The Bridges of Madison County
    5) Eat Pray Love
    6) Finding Nemo
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

Hmmm....
    All time favorite? Maybe 'Love in the Afternoon' with Gary Cooper & Audrey Hepburn - don't know why, really. And, 'Bye, Bye Birdie' - saw that at the Uptown Theater, 1st row in the balcony when I was 8 or so. Made a big impression. Maybe it's a 3 way tie - 'Rio Bravo' John Wayne, Dean Martin & Ricky Nelson, oohh!

I do love many of yours, too. All the Disney's. Susan Hayward & Bette Davis. Used to skip afternoon classes when there was a good old movie on in the afternoon - before cable!

Sue

Primal Fear is an excellent
    Primal Fear is an excellent movie and what an ending! Surprised us!
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options

I have a few of them

1) City Slickers
    2) The Horse Whisperer
    3) Under the Tuscan Sun
    5) Eat Pray Love
    6) Finding Nemo

Musicals for me!
    I love movies that make me smile, that I can sing along with, and that have happy endings...yes, I know -- cue the bluebirds and singing mice.

(and a debonair, handsome man doesn't hurt, either :-)

The Sound of Music is #1 for me (a young Christopher Plummer -- I mean, seriously, don't you just swoon every time he steps out of that shadow onto the screen for the first time), followed closely by Singing in the Rain (Gene Kelly is my man).

Traci
  • survivorbc09
    Options
    woodsygal said:

Movies!!!
    I love Fried Green Tomatoes!!!!!

I admit that I love the
    I admit that I love the Rocky movies! A friend gave me all of the Rocky series when I first got diagnosed with bc. We just watched them again last night and loved them!

Jan
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    mom62 said:

I have two.
    I love Guess Who's coming to Dinner with Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn and When Harry met Sally. They are both classics. I can quote almost every line from the latter......

Terry

Legends of the Fall with
    Legends of the Fall with Brad Pitt! I could watch it every week. LOL

Lex
  • helen e
    helen e Member Posts: 223
    Options
    The Sound of Music
    It's a classic
  • survivorbc09
    Options

I have a few of them

1) City Slickers
    2) The Horse Whisperer
    3) Under the Tuscan Sun
    5) Eat Pray Love
    6) Finding Nemo

Loved the Horse Whisperer!
    Loved the Horse Whisperer! Ofcourse, anything with Robert Redford is always amazing.

He still looks great, even at his age.

Jan