What is your favorite movie?

Options

Comments

• kt1127
    kt1127 Member Posts: 51
    Options

Gone With the Wind
    I have a few I really like but Gone With the Wind has to be the favorite. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice

Gone with the wind best of
    Gone with the wind best of the best
  • kt1127
    kt1127 Member Posts: 51
    Options

Gone With the Wind
    I have a few I really like but Gone With the Wind has to be the favorite. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice

• sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    linpsu said:

Dirty Dancing
    I just love Dirty Dancing and watch it every time it comes on TV. My daughter went to college at Virginia Tech and a lot of the movie was filmed at a mountain resort about 1/2 hour from there, so we went there for dinner every time we went to visit her. We would walk around the resort and I'd embarrass my family by saying "That's where Baby and her father talked in the boathouse", or "That's the cabin where Baby's family stayed", or "That's the studio where Patrick Swayze taught Jennifer Grey how to dance", etc. But my family always humored me and knew that I'd give them a running commentary every time we went there, pretending to be interested.

And don't forget...
    "Nobody puts Baby in a corner!"...LOL! Oh, that Patrick Swayze, he sure was a hunk.
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    Thats an easy one!
    FIDDLER ON THE ROOF! My husband took me to see it in the theater in San Francisco last year, it was wonderful!

Hugs

RE
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Well.....
    Well, I suspect that you have probably never heard of it. "Drums Along the Mohawk". Made in 1939, starring Henry Fonda and Claudette Colbert. I know...who???

Anyway, my favorite all-time (albeit in black and white) movie.

CR
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    Love the Movies
    I have quite a few favorite movies like:

"An Officer and a Gentleman"
    "Wall Street"
    "A Few Good Men"
    "A Perfect Murder"

On a lighter side, I have always liked:
    "Airplane"
    "Saturday Night Fever"
    "The Fockers"

I am fond of Westerns:
    "The Searchers"
    "Geronimo"
    "Hombre"
    "Broken Arrow"
    "Broken Lance"

And of course I have always been a big fan of Dorris Day, Katherine Hepburn, and Bette Davis.
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Movie Picks
    I have several. It's very hard to chose my favorite. Here are some that I really like.

1. When Harry Met Sally
    2. The Sound of Music
    3. Young Frankenstein

I have to add a new movie that a friend and I saw several weeks ago. It's called "The King's Speech". It's a story of the triumph of the human spirit!

Fun thread Susie. Thanks for posting it.
    BL
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    RE said:

Thats an easy one!
    FIDDLER ON THE ROOF! My husband took me to see it in the theater in San Francisco last year, it was wonderful!

Hugs

RE

Good one RE! My husband and
    Good one RE! My husband and I saw it on stage in Los Angeles with the original actor who played the father, Topal. He was absolutely fantastic! Fiddler on the Roof is a classic, for sure!
    BL

PS I like reading your stories about the grand kids. They bring welcome laughter to me.
  • weazer
    weazer Member Posts: 440
    Options

Movie Picks
    I have several. It's very hard to chose my favorite. Here are some that I really like.

1. When Harry Met Sally
    2. The Sound of Music
    3. Young Frankenstein

I have to add a new movie that a friend and I saw several weeks ago. It's called "The King's Speech". It's a story of the triumph of the human spirit!

Fun thread Susie. Thanks for posting it.
    BL

Weathering Hieghts
    I have a few!

Weathering Hieghts...Old Black and White:)

Color purple

Gone with the wind

Dances with Wolfs
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Anything Mel Brooks....(except 12 chairs)
    But the top is 'Young Frankenstein'...I have watched it so many times that I can say the script along with the actors!!!

Just watched it the other night....a 'must have' in both my American and my Dutch home!!!

GREAT thread!

Dutch hugs, Kathi
  • jendrey
    jendrey Member Posts: 377
    Options
    KathiM said:

Anything Mel Brooks....(except 12 chairs)
    But the top is 'Young Frankenstein'...I have watched it so many times that I can say the script along with the actors!!!

Just watched it the other night....a 'must have' in both my American and my Dutch home!!!

GREAT thread!

Dutch hugs, Kathi

The Bucket List
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    Hmmm....
    All time favorite? Maybe 'Love in the Afternoon' with Gary Cooper & Audrey Hepburn - don't know why, really. And, 'Bye, Bye Birdie' - saw that at the Uptown Theater, 1st row in the balcony when I was 8 or so. Made a big impression. Maybe it's a 3 way tie - 'Rio Bravo' John Wayne, Dean Martin & Ricky Nelson, oohh!

I do love many of yours, too. All the Disney's. Susan Hayward & Bette Davis. Used to skip afternoon classes when there was a good old movie on in the afternoon - before cable!

Sue
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

Hmmm....
    All time favorite? Maybe 'Love in the Afternoon' with Gary Cooper & Audrey Hepburn - don't know why, really. And, 'Bye, Bye Birdie' - saw that at the Uptown Theater, 1st row in the balcony when I was 8 or so. Made a big impression. Maybe it's a 3 way tie - 'Rio Bravo' John Wayne, Dean Martin & Ricky Nelson, oohh!

I do love many of yours, too. All the Disney's. Susan Hayward & Bette Davis. Used to skip afternoon classes when there was a good old movie on in the afternoon - before cable!

Sue

I have 3 favorites... deep and meaningful rich relationships,
    1) Steel Magnolias -- I cry like a baby to this day

2) Beaches -- Bette Midler and Barbara Hersey

3) The Last of the Mohicans -- with Daniel Day-Lewis

in a pinch for a good laugh and cry .. You've Got Mail

Vicki Sam
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Options
    Anything directed by the
    Anything directed by the Cohen brothers. O'brother where art tough, Bennie and Joon, Nightmare before Christmas and others. John Wayne movies. Need to see the new True Grit so I can compare.
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    kt1127 said:

This isn't my favorite, but,
    This isn't my favorite, but, I loved Charlotte's Web. I like Jodie Foster, so, I like most of her movies. Just rented Panic Room and it was good!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    sea60 said:

And don't forget...
    "Nobody puts Baby in a corner!"...LOL! Oh, that Patrick Swayze, he sure was a hunk.

Patrick Swayze was a hunk
    Patrick Swayze was a hunk and such a fighter! Dirty Dancing is a classic!
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    So Many Good Ones
    Have been listed, and so many of them were on the Starz channels this past weekend!!!

I am and have always been a fan of musicals - and Fiddler on the Roof, Camelot, The King and I, etc, etc, etc have all been good ones. Dirty Dancing always gets me watching and Sleepless in Seattle and You've Got Mail are up there too. I love Moonstruck!

I love "Chicago". Its a dark movie, but the musical score is fantastic..........and you can't beat Richard Gere doing musical comedy!!!!

Pretty Woman
    Runaway Bride (filmed right here in Berlin, MD)
    Steel Magnolias
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options

Susie, Tell us What Your Favorite Movie Is
    Susie,

You started this thread but forgot to tell us what your favorite movie is?

Hugs,
    Janelle

Thanks for asking Janelle!
    Thanks for asking Janelle! One of my favorites is Avatar! I thought the story line, the animation, the colors were just awesome in that movie.

I have lots more favorites too. But, that came to my mind first. So, I ran with it. LOL
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    padee6339 said:

So Many Good Ones
    Have been listed, and so many of them were on the Starz channels this past weekend!!!

I am and have always been a fan of musicals - and Fiddler on the Roof, Camelot, The King and I, etc, etc, etc have all been good ones. Dirty Dancing always gets me watching and Sleepless in Seattle and You've Got Mail are up there too. I love Moonstruck!

I love "Chicago". Its a dark movie, but the musical score is fantastic..........and you can't beat Richard Gere doing musical comedy!!!!

Pretty Woman
    Runaway Bride (filmed right here in Berlin, MD)
    Steel Magnolias

Oh, Sue--The Uptown Theatre!!!
    I saw many movies there--as well as the Stanley! Susan Hayward and Bette Davis--two of my all-time fav female actresses as well.

This is a really hard question--I am a movie lover--especially old, black and whites.

However, these are amongst my favorites:

Giant--starring Elizabeth Taylor, Rock Hudson and James Dean. Rent it--you won't be sorry.
    The Women--1939--Norma Shearer, etc.--the whole cast is women--you do not see one man in the movie!
    Rear Window--James Stewart and Grace Kelly
    Dark Victory--Bette Davis
    All About Eve--Bette Davis
    The Egg and I--Fred McMurray
    Coal Miner's Daughter--Sissy Spacek
    The Godfather--Parts 1 & 2
    Cat on a Hot Tin Roof--Elizabeth Taylor and Paul Newman
    Almost all the Elvis and Doris Day movies

Notes on a Scandal--Kate Blanchett, Judy Dench
    Love, Actually--Hugh Grant (and who cares who else!)
    The Queen--Helen Mirren

I could go on and on all day. Love the movies.
    Hugs, Renee
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    missrenee said:

Oh, Sue--The Uptown Theatre!!!
    I saw many movies there--as well as the Stanley! Susan Hayward and Bette Davis--two of my all-time fav female actresses as well.

This is a really hard question--I am a movie lover--especially old, black and whites.

However, these are amongst my favorites:

Giant--starring Elizabeth Taylor, Rock Hudson and James Dean. Rent it--you won't be sorry.
    The Women--1939--Norma Shearer, etc.--the whole cast is women--you do not see one man in the movie!
    Rear Window--James Stewart and Grace Kelly
    Dark Victory--Bette Davis
    All About Eve--Bette Davis
    The Egg and I--Fred McMurray
    Coal Miner's Daughter--Sissy Spacek
    The Godfather--Parts 1 & 2
    Cat on a Hot Tin Roof--Elizabeth Taylor and Paul Newman
    Almost all the Elvis and Doris Day movies

Notes on a Scandal--Kate Blanchett, Judy Dench
    Love, Actually--Hugh Grant (and who cares who else!)
    The Queen--Helen Mirren

I could go on and on all day. Love the movies.
    Hugs, Renee

Missrenee -
    So then you remember the Million Dollar Movie on channel 3 out of Syracuse? One o'clock weekday afternoons and their theme song was the GWTW theme.

Oh, but you took the bus to school and I only had a seven minute walk. (I timed it once when 'Hey Jude' started playing on my transister when I left school and it ended when I got home.

Hugs,

Sue