Hello my dear warrior sisters, kindred spirits, Daft Sods, and Radbee's....

Options
124»

Comments

• taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options

Our very wise Stef...
    So perfectly put: "... THEIR problem."

Thanks, Stef. And thanks to everyone who posted to reassure Taleena. Which is also why I'm chiming in.

Still, am dumbfounded. WHAT?!? In the midst of our collective grief, and while trying to move forward, get on with our lives, do EXACTLY what Trish, Heidi & Moopy would want us to do - someone becomes... critical? Judgmental? Of a fellow survivor, member?

Sheesh.

Kind regards, Susan

Thanks everyone.... it's okay...
    I didn't take any offense to the email.... I understand that everyone deals with grief and fear in their own way.... and if it made the person feel better to advise me on the way they felt.... that's okay too. I just wanted to make sure that if there was anyone else out there that saw it the same way, that they know, it was only posted with the very best intentions... all of you who know me, know that it comes from the heart.

So, let's not waste anymore time on this... and get back to the good stuff!!! Life... cheering... celebrating.... living!

My good stuff this week???? Well it's hubby's birthday... and I'm taking him out to a steak dinner... maybe a little wine...spending the day with my grandson tomorrow... yeah... I can't wait!... The snow is so cold... but it is beautiful!!! I got to go to Washington (will always be home to me)... and suprised my sister with a full blown bachelorette party... and witness just how beautiful of a bride she was as she embarked on a new life... she got married... how cool is that!!! Life is so full of blessings...

Love & Hugs,
    ~T
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    taleena said:

I didn't take any offense to the email.... I understand that everyone deals with grief and fear in their own way.... and if it made the person feel better to advise me on the way they felt.... that's okay too. I just wanted to make sure that if there was anyone else out there that saw it the same way, that they know, it was only posted with the very best intentions... all of you who know me, know that it comes from the heart.

So, let's not waste anymore time on this... and get back to the good stuff!!! Life... cheering... celebrating.... living!

My good stuff this week???? Well it's hubby's birthday... and I'm taking him out to a steak dinner... maybe a little wine...spending the day with my grandson tomorrow... yeah... I can't wait!... The snow is so cold... but it is beautiful!!! I got to go to Washington (will always be home to me)... and suprised my sister with a full blown bachelorette party... and witness just how beautiful of a bride she was as she embarked on a new life... she got married... how cool is that!!! Life is so full of blessings...

Love & Hugs,
    ~T

T,
    I know how much you love

T,
    I know how much you love Washington and how wonderful that you went home and the bacholorette party and wedding is just the icing on the cake. Births, weddings, graduations are always things that lift the spirit. They signify new beginnings and the start of new adventures and I love an adventure. Enjoy your hubby's birthday and your day with the grandson. And you know how much grandchildren renew us and exhaust us but in a great way.
    So go out dear Taleena and celebrate the day.
    Stef
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

T,
    I know how much you love

T,
    I know how much you love Washington and how wonderful that you went home and the bacholorette party and wedding is just the icing on the cake. Births, weddings, graduations are always things that lift the spirit. They signify new beginnings and the start of new adventures and I love an adventure. Enjoy your hubby's birthday and your day with the grandson. And you know how much grandchildren renew us and exhaust us but in a great way.
    So go out dear Taleena and celebrate the day.
    Stef

Good idea! Ready for some happiness
    This week was really nice for me! My kids did my room SO NICE! My son turned 23 my grandaddy turned 93 my granddaughter will be 4 on Monday and she spent the night with me last night!!! O and I turned 44!!!
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options

This week was really nice for me! My kids did my room SO NICE! My son turned 23 my grandaddy turned 93 my granddaughter will be 4 on Monday and she spent the night with me last night!!! O and I turned 44!!!

Happy birthday!
    Nice to have so many generations around you!

Mimi
  • taleena
    Options

Wow ... and I thought we had
    Wow ... and I thought we had a busy month.... and by the way your older..lol I turn 44 next month.... oh my!!

Hope you had a fantastic birthday!

Hugs,
    ~T
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    taleena said:

Do I owe an apology??? Maybe...?
    I received an email which told me that though this post was "nice", that considering the recent events it was a bit insensitive. That there are "pink sisters" who are really having a hard time right now, and that it was kind of "calus" of me. For the record I'm having a hard time too... and I know many of us are, some more so than others.

So, if there is anyone at all that this post offended please accept my sincerest apologies.... however, this is what I will say... Sometimes when things are the hardest, is when we need the most, to try to see whatever beauty, whatever good, even if it is something small that is all around us...Sometimes we need reminded of just how sweet life is... even if at times it is sharp.

I sincerely hope that every single one of you dear pink kindred sisters/brothers find some beauty in your day... today, and everyday!

Hugs,

~T

PS... I am celebrating with each of you all the beautiful, fun, good things that you have shared!!!

No apology needed..
    Life goes on...it 's sad and tragic when a " sister" leaves us...I grieve their loss, even though I only knew them through this board. It truly breaks my heart,as it does all of us , I have no doubt...it brings our own mortality right smack in our face...but...life does go on...we've all fought hard to live...and we deserve to live our lives to the fullest...it doesn't diminish their loss.... I have a strong feeling they would want nothing less for us...
    So, again you have no need to apologize...I had a great week which will continue over the weekend with my kids and grands coming tomorrow for my birthday.
    Personally, I think it was a wonderful post...
    Nancy
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Our Special Night Out
    My husband, who is the sweetest and most caring man in the world, asked me to dress up as we were going to be going out for a very special night. Ok I thought, I can do that. No problem, I love to get dressed up, put those heels on and strut my stuff. lol

So, off we go in the car, driving towards the big city. Where are we going..I keep asking. He just looks at me with this big smile on his handsome face and keeps driving. Ok..I can wait a little longer, but, I am not the most patient lady in the world.

We drive past the city and continue on. Now I am confused, why didn't we stop somewhere in the city. What is he up to?

Finally we stop at this darling restaurant on the edge of the next town, not a large town, but, still quite large and very nice.

He opens up my door and we go in. The restaurant is full, and, so quaint. There are booths, which I love for privacy, lots of tables for two and glowing white lights everywhere. We've never been here before, so, I am really excited.

We are taken to a private room for dinner for just the two of us. The room was beautiful! Candles were lit everywhere, soft romantic music was playing, and, just the table for two. On our table were a dozen of the most beautiful pink roses, with just a touch of white on the edges, with a note saying " Beautiful flowers for my beautiful wife". I loved them!!!

We had a wonderful dinner, the service was great, the meal was delicious and we talked about so many things..so many good things. We laughed so hard at talking about when we first dated, some of the silly, crazy things we used to do. We talked about my journey with breast cancer and my hubby told me how he admired me so much for being so brave. He told me that I was his hero. He told me that his love had only grown stronger for me watching me deal with my diagnosis and treatments. He told me that nothing else would ever hurt me again, that he would protect me and always keep me safe. I started crying, you know me, the tears always seem to come. lol

And, as if that wasn't enough, the waiter came and brought, what I thought was the bill for the evening. He sat it next to me, and without looking, I just passed it over to my husband. My husband gave it back to me and said " I think this is for you". I am thinking, why is he giving me the bill to pay? So, took a look down and there on the little tray, under a piece of paper, was a diamond cross. YES, the most beautiful diamond cross I have ever seen. It took my breath away! The note said...To my beloved wife, a cross to keep you safe and diamonds for the sparkle of life you are to me!

What a night!!! One that I will always remember and cherish. I am so blessed..truly blessed.

So, this was my special night out that I am sharing with my pink sisters.

Sue :)

Ritzy
    Thank you for sharing your special night with us. thank you thank you
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    ladybug22 said:

Ritzy
    Thank you for sharing your special night with us. thank you thank you

To Ritzy too
    What an amazing night Ritzy. I thank you too for sharing it with your pink sisters.

Angie
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    taleena said:

Wow ... and I thought we had
    Wow ... and I thought we had a busy month.... and by the way your older..lol I turn 44 next month.... oh my!!

Hope you had a fantastic birthday!

Hugs,
    ~T

Wow, great stories and what
    Wow, great stories and what a husband! Mine is small but big to me. My grandson came to my new place with my daughter the other day and my car was in the lot so he assumed I was home. Well, my other daughter had picked me up to do some shopping.

My daughter said that he was at the door calling me and this is what he said, "Grammy (his nickname for me) I'm Grandma to the others, It's me, Trey...Open the door , come on Grammy open the door"it's me Trey!

She said his little voice was so sad and begging like why wasn't I answering. And I loved the confidence in him that resounded when he announced to me that it was HIM and I should answer!

Our angels these grandchildren.
  • taleena
    Options

Wow, great stories and what
    Wow, great stories and what a husband! Mine is small but big to me. My grandson came to my new place with my daughter the other day and my car was in the lot so he assumed I was home. Well, my other daughter had picked me up to do some shopping.

My daughter said that he was at the door calling me and this is what he said, "Grammy (his nickname for me) I'm Grandma to the others, It's me, Trey...Open the door , come on Grammy open the door"it's me Trey!

She said his little voice was so sad and begging like why wasn't I answering. And I loved the confidence in him that resounded when he announced to me that it was HIM and I should answer!

Our angels these grandchildren.

Absolutely...My grandson
    Absolutely...My grandson just spent the day with me yesterday, and the night too... it was such a joy having him running around the house... he calls me "mama" and my husband is "papa"... he'll be two next month... wow they grow fast, I just love hearing the pitter patter of little feet running around the house!!! Even if I am subjected to Barney>...lol

Thank you everyone for sharing some good with me this week... I hope we have some good things to celebrate every week!

Hugs,
    ~T
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    Calleen said:

My News
    I have been without a job since last September..I quit my job becasue it was the most stressful job I've ever had! I had a horrible boss who blamed his mistakes on me and got away with it since the Store manager and him were best friends.. It was the the only way to make himself look better so he could be promoted...I didn't qualify for unemployment since i quit and they fought it... so I was left to use up every resouce I had to survive.. So you can imagine how hard the holidays were for me.. So my life since Septemeber has been an endless search for a job.. something that I could do and feel good about myself at the end of the day..

Well this morning I got the call I have been praying for!! I got a job!! Not just a job but a GREAT job!! it will pay better than my last one and the hours are better too!! It's in the line of work I've been trying to get back into for years!! So you can imagine my Joy today! I have been crying and thanking God all day!!

Thank You Taleena for making this thread... And reading all of ya'lls stories is making me smile!!

This has been a very
    This has been a very uplifting post for all of the sisters in pink. Thanks for starting it Taleena!

Lex
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    taleena said:

Absolutely...My grandson
    Absolutely...My grandson just spent the day with me yesterday, and the night too... it was such a joy having him running around the house... he calls me "mama" and my husband is "papa"... he'll be two next month... wow they grow fast, I just love hearing the pitter patter of little feet running around the house!!! Even if I am subjected to Barney>...lol

Thank you everyone for sharing some good with me this week... I hope we have some good things to celebrate every week!

Hugs,
    ~T

Wanted to share this too. I
    Wanted to share this too. I have the best friends! I have been wanting to paint our kitchen and one girlfriend said she'd come over to help. Well, she showed up with 5 more of my girlfriends and we painted and rock and roll'd to music and got it all done together. Even though I hate painting, we had so much fun doing it together.

Now, I need to convince them to come back and paint the bathroom. LOL
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    taleena said:

Love & Hugs,
    ~T

The good NEEDS to come!!!
    Otherwise, there is nothing to give us hope and the will to go on!!!

IMHO!

Dutch hugs, Kathi
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    taleena said:

Awe..as I've stated before
    Awe..as I've stated before Cindy.. .there is nothing more precious than a new baby! How wonderful little tiny pink outfits... Sounds like a wonderful day... thanks for sharing!

Hugs,

~T

Happy Reading Here!
    I've really enjoyed reading all of these posts from my pink sisters. They are so happy and so wonderful. Ritzy, especially loved yours. What a man you have!

Thanks Taleena,

Leeza
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    aisling8 said:

My grandson's hug
    Watching him walk down the driveway toward my front door, hearing him say "I see Grandma!!" He's two and a half and the best gift (along with his baby sister:) that I've ever been given.

I have a wonderful husband, three lovely grown sons, I live in a beautiful little house close to the ocean. We don't have everything, but we have what we need (health insurance:)

And we're alive and can run and skip and jump and rejoice. I love love love being happy and knowing it!!

xoxo
    Victoria

I've really enjoyed reading
    I've really enjoyed reading everyone's posts on here. Thanks Taleena for giving us all a smile!

Hugs, Debby
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    dyaneb123 said:

Thanks Taleena
    It's good to

Thanks Taleena
    It's good to hear your voice again. When I told a friend how upset I was about Moopy and Heidi, for the first time I think she really understood not just the sadness but also the fear that goes with losing another sister, and over the weekend she had various girlfriends checking on me to make sure I was ok.I appreciated that small gesture of caring so much.
    Dee

This is a great post Taleena
    This is a great post Taleena and it is so nice to read about happy days with our pink sisters.

Jan
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    taleena said:

I love it when the entire
    I love it when the entire family can gather around the table... it truly is a blessing isn't it! I can just picture little Ava in her high chair... lol.. how wonderful! I can't wait until my grandson James is big enough to play a little catch with..for now, we roll the ball! lol... time with loved ones is such a blessing... Glad you had such an amazing time with the grandsons!

Yes, sharing the good is even better with friends!

Hugs,
    ~T

Everyone at the table
    Everyone at the table together, eating, talking and enjoying each other's company has always been a favorite with my family. I don't think a lot of families do that anymore, but, they should. It helps to keep the family close and for everyone to know what is going on in their life.

Leeza
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    KathiM said:

The good NEEDS to come!!!
    Otherwise, there is nothing to give us hope and the will to go on!!!

IMHO!

Dutch hugs, Kathi

We always have to have hope!
    We always have to have hope! I hope and pray for a cure, so, no one ever needs a site like this ever again. Wouldn't that be nice?

Hugs and Love to my pink sisters,

Megan