Hello my dear warrior sisters, kindred spirits, Daft Sods, and Radbee's....

Options

Comments

• taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options

great thread!
    thank you for starting it, taleena! you all are making me cry! ritzy ... what a gem of a husband! pitt, I'm trying hard to get back to where I was post-bc. What an inspiration you are! All of you, thank you for sharing!

Mine is pretty small, some would say silly. The last couple of days my youngest cat hasn't left my side. She follows me from room to room. Last night I was sitting in a high-backed comfy chair and she sat on top of it and I'm not kidding patted my head with her paw a couple of times. I looked up at her and she kissed me on the forehead. Today I was sitting reading and she plopped right beside me, belly up wanting me to rub her belly. She is not normally like this. So sweet. How do animals know when we're down?

Thank you all for sharing. xo

WOW!!!!! All I can say ...
    WOW!!!!! All I can say ... is take a look around... so many things going on, beautiful things...I have wipped the tears from my eyes just seeing everyones moments!

So many things to be thankful for... children & babies quite the blessing, wonderful spouses that surprise us... celebrating birthdays, hanging out with friends, friends coming to our aid when we need it most... seeing children dress up and so happy to see us... and a ((((BIG)))) (((WOOOOO HOOOOO))) to Calleen... I always say when God closes a door he opens a window... a new job... and not just any job, a BETTER job!!! Way to go! Four legged friends who stay by our side... yes, I think they have an instinct for when we are down or not feeling well... Thank God for our four legged friends!

I think and pray for all of us, but even more so lately for our stage 4 sisters.. I pray that the uncertainty and fear subside... and that you ENJOY every beautiful moment that crosses your path!

For all of us.... may something beautiful make you smile today!

Warm hugs & love,

~T
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Calleen said:

My News
    I have been without a job since last September..I quit my job becasue it was the most stressful job I've ever had! I had a horrible boss who blamed his mistakes on me and got away with it since the Store manager and him were best friends.. It was the the only way to make himself look better so he could be promoted...I didn't qualify for unemployment since i quit and they fought it... so I was left to use up every resouce I had to survive.. So you can imagine how hard the holidays were for me.. So my life since Septemeber has been an endless search for a job.. something that I could do and feel good about myself at the end of the day..

Well this morning I got the call I have been praying for!! I got a job!! Not just a job but a GREAT job!! it will pay better than my last one and the hours are better too!! It's in the line of work I've been trying to get back into for years!! So you can imagine my Joy today! I have been crying and thanking God all day!!

Thank You Taleena for making this thread... And reading all of ya'lls stories is making me smile!!

Calleen....
    I am DELIGHTED for you! I am a firm believer in "things happen for a reason."
    This new job, that you are so suited for, was out there waiting for you. Waiting for just the right time.

Happy hugs for you!
    CR
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    taleena said:

WOW!!!!! All I can say ...
    WOW!!!!! All I can say ... is take a look around... so many things going on, beautiful things...I have wipped the tears from my eyes just seeing everyones moments!

So many things to be thankful for... children & babies quite the blessing, wonderful spouses that surprise us... celebrating birthdays, hanging out with friends, friends coming to our aid when we need it most... seeing children dress up and so happy to see us... and a ((((BIG)))) (((WOOOOO HOOOOO))) to Calleen... I always say when God closes a door he opens a window... a new job... and not just any job, a BETTER job!!! Way to go! Four legged friends who stay by our side... yes, I think they have an instinct for when we are down or not feeling well... Thank God for our four legged friends!

I think and pray for all of us, but even more so lately for our stage 4 sisters.. I pray that the uncertainty and fear subside... and that you ENJOY every beautiful moment that crosses your path!

For all of us.... may something beautiful make you smile today!

Warm hugs & love,

~T

$1
    Talk about warming my heart. I went to the grocery store today. Just bought a couple of items to finish my chili recipe for tonight.
    In front of me was this little old lady. She looked great, but, had some age on her. Reminded me of my Grandmother, curly white hair, kind of hobbled over, and, seemed very friendly.
    I smiled at her as I held my cans of beans and said hi. She smiled back and asked how I was. Told her I was great and asked if I could help her out with her groceries. She said that would be kindly appreciated.
    She waited at the door of the store for me while I paid for my beans. I pushed her cart to her car, put them in the trunk for her and asked if she would have help getting them in her house when she got home. She said she had a neighbor kid that would come over and help her.
    As I closed the lid on her trunk, she stood there with $1 in her hand. She said it was for me for helping her.
    Not sure how much money that sweet old lady has, but, I thought that was so sweet. I will never spend that $1. Just thought I would share another happy time with you.

Megan
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    T
    you are awesome! It is late here-very early in the morning,but when I have had a good rest,I will definitely think of something to share here!
    Thanks for starting this post!
  • outdoorgirl
    Options
    My hubby suggested too this
    last week that I put some distance between myself and the others on this board. I told him that I just couldn't do it,that's not me and that we need each other on here.And besides,I know that if I had a recurrence,or if things were even worse than that,that you all wouldn't put me at arms length and be afraid to be there for me..
    That said,I will share with you something wonderful that didn't just happen this past week,but happens quite often in our house.
    My hubby and I have been married for a little over 15 years and he still makes me weak in the knees and can still charm the socks off of me! He has to be "manly man" at work,but when he's with me at home,all he has to do is give that look and he gets silly and I am won over-even if 10 minutes earlier I was pissed at him and ready to wring a neck!
    I am grateful to have someone who has been through hell and back with me(cancer diagnosis) ,has seen my good and not so good sides,and he still often says in public how he would never want to go back to how life was without me and how he has never regretted marrying me..
    Makes me cry for the Moopster and Joe even more because I couldn't imagine(nor do I want to)life without my Jer.
  • outdoorgirl
    Options

My hubby suggested too this
    last week that I put some distance between myself and the others on this board. I told him that I just couldn't do it,that's not me and that we need each other on here.And besides,I know that if I had a recurrence,or if things were even worse than that,that you all wouldn't put me at arms length and be afraid to be there for me..
    That said,I will share with you something wonderful that didn't just happen this past week,but happens quite often in our house.
    My hubby and I have been married for a little over 15 years and he still makes me weak in the knees and can still charm the socks off of me! He has to be "manly man" at work,but when he's with me at home,all he has to do is give that look and he gets silly and I am won over-even if 10 minutes earlier I was pissed at him and ready to wring a neck!
    I am grateful to have someone who has been through hell and back with me(cancer diagnosis) ,has seen my good and not so good sides,and he still often says in public how he would never want to go back to how life was without me and how he has never regretted marrying me..
    Makes me cry for the Moopster and Joe even more because I couldn't imagine(nor do I want to)life without my Jer.

Wow
    I am in tears! Thank you my pink sisters for these beautiful,touching stories.
    And thanks again T for this post-now it is definitely time for me to go to bed..
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    Options
    taleena said:

Pitt... I understand... As
    Pitt... I understand... As far as your article... how cool is that!!!! It must be very exciting and fulfilling!!! My goal is to get the energy to start working out a bit..shame on me.. haven't been much other than a couch potatoe since I was dx'd... shame on me!!! Could be very well why I've gained 10 lbs since treatment started... I better do something about it, I still have another 4 years to go at this rate I'll gain another 40 OMG no...
    Teaching babies to swim... now that is cool. Thanks for sharing!

Hugs,
    ~T

T - just getting to the gym
    T - just getting to the gym is the hardest part. I can remember starting back and only staying on the treadmill for 2 min. I did some light weights for 10 minutes and called it a day. The key is to go and do something and then to make yourself go back. These drugs wreck havoc on our bodies and it takes a lot of work to rebuild the muscles. It's been 1 1/2 years since treatment for me and I'm still having good/bad days for stamina. The key is to be kind to yourself and listen to your body...but definitely do something! It's important! Hugs, Pitt
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

Wow
    I am in tears! Thank you my pink sisters for these beautiful,touching stories.
    And thanks again T for this post-now it is definitely time for me to go to bed..

These posts are amazing and
    These posts are amazing and touching. Sitting here now, looking out the window at the beautiful falling snow and thankful for being alive, free of cancer and to have the most wonderful husband, family and friends ever.

@ Ritzy - Your night sounds like a movie. You are very lucky and your husband certainly loves you.

@ T - Thanks for this post.
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Do I owe an apology??? Maybe...?
    I received an email which told me that though this post was "nice", that considering the recent events it was a bit insensitive. That there are "pink sisters" who are really having a hard time right now, and that it was kind of "calus" of me. For the record I'm having a hard time too... and I know many of us are, some more so than others.

So, if there is anyone at all that this post offended please accept my sincerest apologies.... however, this is what I will say... Sometimes when things are the hardest, is when we need the most, to try to see whatever beauty, whatever good, even if it is something small that is all around us...Sometimes we need reminded of just how sweet life is... even if at times it is sharp.

I sincerely hope that every single one of you dear pink kindred sisters/brothers find some beauty in your day... today, and everyday!

Hugs,

~T

PS... I am celebrating with each of you all the beautiful, fun, good things that you have shared!!!
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    taleena said:

I received an email which told me that though this post was "nice", that considering the recent events it was a bit insensitive. That there are "pink sisters" who are really having a hard time right now, and that it was kind of "calus" of me. For the record I'm having a hard time too... and I know many of us are, some more so than others.

So, if there is anyone at all that this post offended please accept my sincerest apologies.... however, this is what I will say... Sometimes when things are the hardest, is when we need the most, to try to see whatever beauty, whatever good, even if it is something small that is all around us...Sometimes we need reminded of just how sweet life is... even if at times it is sharp.

I sincerely hope that every single one of you dear pink kindred sisters/brothers find some beauty in your day... today, and everyday!

Hugs,

~T

PS... I am celebrating with each of you all the beautiful, fun, good things that you have shared!!!

I don't think an apology is needed.
    We need some positive to balance the sad. If all we had was tears here, we'd drown. IMHO. Having posts on the light side is support too.
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    taleena said:

Hugs,

~T

Hi, Taleena!
    No, you are not being callus or insensitive. You are being human and trying to find the good in life. That is what we all do, even in the midst of great sadness. This has been a trying few weeks for many of us, but remembering that life can also be sweet is not disrespectful to our dear fallen sisters. I believe it is what they would have wanted.

As for me, Simon and I planted our sugar snap peas this week. Yes, I know it's January, but as long as we take the plants in when it's below freezing outside, they should do fine. We are planning our container garden for our balcony and looking forward to the spring. It makes me feel hopeful and alive.

Thank you all for the wonderful stories. Ritzy, your night sounds like heaven. Calleen, congrats on the new job! I'm happy to see many of us appreciating life.

Mimi
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    mimivac said:

Hi, Taleena!
    No, you are not being callus or insensitive. You are being human and trying to find the good in life. That is what we all do, even in the midst of great sadness. This has been a trying few weeks for many of us, but remembering that life can also be sweet is not disrespectful to our dear fallen sisters. I believe it is what they would have wanted.

As for me, Simon and I planted our sugar snap peas this week. Yes, I know it's January, but as long as we take the plants in when it's below freezing outside, they should do fine. We are planning our container garden for our balcony and looking forward to the spring. It makes me feel hopeful and alive.

Thank you all for the wonderful stories. Ritzy, your night sounds like heaven. Calleen, congrats on the new job! I'm happy to see many of us appreciating life.

Mimi

Don't you apologize!
    I think that whoever sent you that email are so wrong! Your post is great and I think it is what everyone needed.

My suggestion for "them" would be if they are having a hard time, then maybe they should not come on the board for awhile.

This board is for everyone and for anything, good or bad.

Thank you for starting this post and don't let anyone else try to make you feel bad and definitely not apologize.

I think "they" owe you an apology for ever sending that email.

Hugs,

Megan
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    Megan M said:

Don't you apologize!
    I think that whoever sent you that email are so wrong! Your post is great and I think it is what everyone needed.

My suggestion for "them" would be if they are having a hard time, then maybe they should not come on the board for awhile.

This board is for everyone and for anything, good or bad.

Thank you for starting this post and don't let anyone else try to make you feel bad and definitely not apologize.

I think "they" owe you an apology for ever sending that email.

Hugs,

Megan

Shame on them Taleena. The
    Shame on them Taleena. The email sent to you was really in bad taste, and, I hope they know it.

Everyone has to move on with their lives and to live a full and happy one. Seeing some happy posts on here, good news and just general questions has been like a breath of fresh air.

We can't change yesterday, so, we have to live for the now.

You have nothing to apologize for. They do!

Lex
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    taleena said:

Hugs,

~T

No apology necessary!
    T, you were just trying to lighten up the boards and I appreciate it very much. I love this post.

xoxo,
    Jean
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

Thanks T
    I got to babysit my dear sweet granddaughter, Isabella Grace, this past Sunday. She is doing well. She will be 4 months old on Thursday! Can't believe how fast that went. She now weighs over 10 lbs. (remember she was over 6 weeks early and only weighed 3 lbs. 7 oz. when she was born). Naturally, I held her a lot and hugged and kissed all over her.

As her outfit says "My grandma was brave, so God gave her an angel". And that he did.

xoxo,
    Jean

Awwwwww!!!
    That Isabella (and her grandmother) are so sweet.
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    So beautifully said. Thank
    So beautifully said. Thank you for your very important post. And I love being a Daft Sod...lol.

This week, while walking the dogs, Danny and I heard a lot of racket. It was about 5 red-bellied woodpeckers. They seemed to be having a heated discussion at who should get first crack at the insects in a dead tree. Not one of them could land on the tree for more than a few seconds--then the others would run him/her off.

It was a sunny day and they were so much beautiful to watch. And funny. Kind of like the seagulls in Finding Nemo squawking "mine, mine."
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Jean 0609 said:

No apology necessary!
    T, you were just trying to lighten up the boards and I appreciate it very much. I love this post.

xoxo,
    Jean

We played in the snow
    It snowed here today and it was really a pretty, soft snow. My hubby came home early and we went outside, tried to have a snowball fight, but, the snow was not hard enough and made snow angels. We had our snowmobile suits on, so, we were toasty and warm.

The air was crisp, we were together and had a lot of fun.

I thank you for this post T and there is nothing to apologize for!

Ritzy, what a husband and how much he loves you is so obvious. I bet your necklace is beautiful.

Susie
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options

So beautifully said. Thank
    So beautifully said. Thank you for your very important post. And I love being a Daft Sod...lol.

This week, while walking the dogs, Danny and I heard a lot of racket. It was about 5 red-bellied woodpeckers. They seemed to be having a heated discussion at who should get first crack at the insects in a dead tree. Not one of them could land on the tree for more than a few seconds--then the others would run him/her off.

It was a sunny day and they were so much beautiful to watch. And funny. Kind of like the seagulls in Finding Nemo squawking "mine, mine."

Taleena,
    I saw nothing

Taleena,
    I saw nothing callous or insensitive in your posts. You simply wanted everyone to share something. This has been a hard time for everyone, me, you, whoever emailed you, and all the sisters. I think it is good to take time to think about the good things we experience as well. Maybe it is just a butterfly going from flower to flower, maybe a new grandkid or a visit with friends and relatives. I am sorry that someone took offense to your post. That is really their problem and you need to just ignore it. They have an opinion and expressed and that's okay but as you can see most everyone is very supportive of what you wrote and what you are trying to do. I have know you here for a long while and I know what a good heart you have and how much you care for everyone here. Finding something to be light hearted about does not mean that we don't care deeply for our losses or for our friends that are fighting stage VI or anything else. It justs means that we part of the good fight is keeping the spirit and mind up.
    I thank you for the post and appreciate you so much.
    Stef
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

Taleena,
    I saw nothing

Taleena,
    I saw nothing callous or insensitive in your posts. You simply wanted everyone to share something. This has been a hard time for everyone, me, you, whoever emailed you, and all the sisters. I think it is good to take time to think about the good things we experience as well. Maybe it is just a butterfly going from flower to flower, maybe a new grandkid or a visit with friends and relatives. I am sorry that someone took offense to your post. That is really their problem and you need to just ignore it. They have an opinion and expressed and that's okay but as you can see most everyone is very supportive of what you wrote and what you are trying to do. I have know you here for a long while and I know what a good heart you have and how much you care for everyone here. Finding something to be light hearted about does not mean that we don't care deeply for our losses or for our friends that are fighting stage VI or anything else. It justs means that we part of the good fight is keeping the spirit and mind up.
    I thank you for the post and appreciate you so much.
    Stef

Our very wise Stef...
    So perfectly put: "... THEIR problem."

Thanks, Stef. And thanks to everyone who posted to reassure Taleena. Which is also why I'm chiming in.

Still, am dumbfounded. WHAT?!? In the midst of our collective grief, and while trying to move forward, get on with our lives, do EXACTLY what Trish, Heidi & Moopy would want us to do - someone becomes... critical? Judgmental? Of a fellow survivor, member?

Sheesh.

Kind regards, Susan
  • outdoorgirl
    Options
    taleena said:

Hugs,

~T

I know that
    everyone has a right to feel how they do on this board-so I am going to show how I feel and put my 2 cents in here.And I will try to be civil,but at this point that's going to be hard to do.
    You know,T has got to be one of the most precious,sweet and warm ladies on this board.And it really does piss me off that someone on here would think of her as being any less than she is. We are all hurting over our friends who have died recently.T posting this post hasn't taken anything away from that.I for one thought it was great for her to post this-if anything I felt like I got to know the other ladies on here a lot better,it brought my emotions out to the surface,and made me all the more thankful for the blessings in my life!
    I think T deserves an apology-make it right..