Hello my dear warrior sisters, kindred spirits, Daft Sods, and Radbee's....

Options

Comments

• taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options

Family joy
    Taleena -

Thanks so much for starting this post. I agree that it's important to remember the moments of joy we do experience, both large and small.

I had a pretty large one on Sunday when I got to go to my cousin's baby shower. I have been truly blessed in my life to have a wonderful extended family. We get together for Christmas every year, and used to do a Father's Day family picnic every year when I was growing up. Then, of course, there are the get-togethers for babies, marriages, etc.

Since they know they're having a girl, there were several gifts of adorable outfits to coo over, and two of my cousins who are retired and have taken up knitting and crocheting made some wonderful garments and blankets and such for the new little one.

It was such a beautiful, sunny day to boot, which was fabulous after all the rain we had up until now.

Peace and Joy,
    Cindy

Awe..as I've stated before
    Awe..as I've stated before Cindy.. .there is nothing more precious than a new baby! How wonderful little tiny pink outfits... Sounds like a wonderful day... thanks for sharing!

Hugs,

~T
  • taleena
    Options
    KathiM said:

Thanks, dearheart, for the hugs!
    I'm getting beaten up fairly badly right now...with my mom in the process of dying, and all of the other news here...sigh...

But, you are right, it IS a part of it...I should remember my own advice, too...lol!

Just am weary from the sharpness of life right now...sigh...

BIG hugs and love right back!!!

Dutch hugs, Kathi

Oh Kathi... I'm so sorry I
    Oh Kathi... I'm so sorry I know how hard it must be on you... know that I am keeping your mom and you in my thoughts and prayers... There is nothing wrong with weariness... we all feel it, the good news is, you can lean here... and we will all help hold you up...Yes, indeed life is sharp sometimes to eveny yen there is a yang... I suppose that is huwhat reminds me that life is beautiful.

Big hugs,

~T
  • taleena
    Options
    pitt said:

What a great post
    T - thank you for starting this post. I have a difficult time dealing with the losses from this disgusting disease and now I have too many friends to count who are in the midst of their own battles. It's not fair. But you are right. We need to get busy and comfort, inspire, and move forward. So here is my news:

I wrote an article about exercising before/during/after cancer treatments. It details the trials and tribulations I faced over the last year and a half. US Masters Swim is going to publish it in their magazine and post it online. I'm completely elated. I hope it gives others a sense of what this is like for us and how to keep pushing through...even on the days when getting out of bed is the only goal.

I'm still swimming and working with my friends' babies to teach them to swim. that brings me joy. Peace, Pitt

Pitt... I understand... As
    Pitt... I understand... As far as your article... how cool is that!!!! It must be very exciting and fulfilling!!! My goal is to get the energy to start working out a bit..shame on me.. haven't been much other than a couch potatoe since I was dx'd... shame on me!!! Could be very well why I've gained 10 lbs since treatment started... I better do something about it, I still have another 4 years to go at this rate I'll gain another 40 OMG no...
    Teaching babies to swim... now that is cool. Thanks for sharing!

Hugs,
    ~T
  • taleena
    Options
    aisling8 said:

My grandson's hug
    Watching him walk down the driveway toward my front door, hearing him say "I see Grandma!!" He's two and a half and the best gift (along with his baby sister:) that I've ever been given.

I have a wonderful husband, three lovely grown sons, I live in a beautiful little house close to the ocean. We don't have everything, but we have what we need (health insurance:)

And we're alive and can run and skip and jump and rejoice. I love love love being happy and knowing it!!

xoxo
    Victoria

Victoria... aren't
    Victoria... aren't grandchildren just the greatest!!! I know I love seeing and spending time with my grandson!!! What a very cute picture you paint... awe!!!

Dee... friends came through...and let you know you are loved... how special is that...

Thanks for sharing!!

Hugs,

~T
  • taleena
    Options

That first shower after
    That first shower after surgery...mmmm, truly wonderful!

I would have to agree ...
    I would have to agree ... that first shower must feel so so very good!!!! It is definately the little things that make it wonderful!!

Hugs,
    ~T
  • taleena
    Options
    cookie97 said:

This is fun
    Okay some of you are making me cry, but it’s a good cry!
    My good day was Monday; dreary and rainy as it was to me it was a perfect day. I had to ask a friend of mine to shuffle my daughter to another friend of mine’s home so that he could help her with an upcoming audition for the high school of the arts. He’s a fabulous piano player and my daughter is in musical theater and vocals. He has never met her before and I’m sure he was a little anxious about some ones bratty little child, well he spent about an hour with her and after feeling that they accomplished what they needed to he called for me to come get her. He made my day saying that Taylor was a darling child and that he would be more than happy to help her in anyway in the future and that I was blessed to have so a sweet girl! No puffed up chest or anything on my part! lol. Oh and of course the reason she was even there he also said that she is a very talented singer! Okay now the head is swollen and chest really puffed out!
    Thanks for letting me share this with all of you lovely ladies and gentlmen.
    Would you considering this bragging or what? Anyways I am very proud to have her in my life!

Peace and Love to All,
    Edie
    Oh and very greatful to have such wonderful friends!

Edie... puff puff away!!!
    Edie... puff puff away!!! How wonderful!!! Truly!! That sounds like sunshine! You are obviously filled with pride and rightfully so!!

Hugs,
    ~T
  • taleena
    Options
    CR1954 said:

Our rainbow....
    Were just told that my husband's cardiac ejection fractions have improved to 50%...an improvement since his heart attack in December. A very good thing!

The downfall...if I haven't been able to get him to slow down since the heart attack, what will I do now that his cardiac function has improved!? LOL! Ah, men!

CR

Oh CR... you are too
    Oh CR... you are too funny~~~! I hope you can keep up with him...lol.. I am so glad to hear that his injection fractions have improved... a definate blessing...even if it means you can't keep up!!lol

Hugs,

~T
  • taleena
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

good post
    It has been a downer this recent past but today the sun is shining and it warmed up a bit so the dog and I went out back and sat in the sun. We both almost fell asleep. All the work could wait. I even heard the phone ring inside the house and I thought, "Let it ring."

So bask in the sun when it shines. Thursday it might rain. Or if your weatherman is like ours...it might not.

Marcia hello dear friend!!!
    Marcia hello dear friend!!! Good for you ... letting the phone just ring. Sometimes time outs are what we all need. I love just sitting sometimes feeling the warmth of the sun, and who better to share it with than a four legged friend... they do love that sun too don't they! Let the phone ring... I second that!

Hugs,
    ~T
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    taleena said:

Marcia hello dear friend!!!
    Marcia hello dear friend!!! Good for you ... letting the phone just ring. Sometimes time outs are what we all need. I love just sitting sometimes feeling the warmth of the sun, and who better to share it with than a four legged friend... they do love that sun too don't they! Let the phone ring... I second that!

Hugs,
    ~T

It's easy to want to pull away
    from the boards when sad news hits. But you're right. We need to be here for one another and be grateful for each day. It's one day at a time.

I spent time with my sweetie this past weekend. I just can't get enought of my little grandson, William. The sun rises and sets on his Mo Mo. He brings me great joy along with my kids and family.

I find myself whispering throughout the day "thank you" to God. For so many things, big or small. Even the bad days, it's easy to be grateful now.

Thank you my sweet "secret Santa" Sister for posting this. It was beautifully said and so true.

Blessings and hugs to you,

Sylvia
  • taleena
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Our Special Night Out
    My husband, who is the sweetest and most caring man in the world, asked me to dress up as we were going to be going out for a very special night. Ok I thought, I can do that. No problem, I love to get dressed up, put those heels on and strut my stuff. lol

So, off we go in the car, driving towards the big city. Where are we going..I keep asking. He just looks at me with this big smile on his handsome face and keeps driving. Ok..I can wait a little longer, but, I am not the most patient lady in the world.

We drive past the city and continue on. Now I am confused, why didn't we stop somewhere in the city. What is he up to?

Finally we stop at this darling restaurant on the edge of the next town, not a large town, but, still quite large and very nice.

He opens up my door and we go in. The restaurant is full, and, so quaint. There are booths, which I love for privacy, lots of tables for two and glowing white lights everywhere. We've never been here before, so, I am really excited.

We are taken to a private room for dinner for just the two of us. The room was beautiful! Candles were lit everywhere, soft romantic music was playing, and, just the table for two. On our table were a dozen of the most beautiful pink roses, with just a touch of white on the edges, with a note saying " Beautiful flowers for my beautiful wife". I loved them!!!

We had a wonderful dinner, the service was great, the meal was delicious and we talked about so many things..so many good things. We laughed so hard at talking about when we first dated, some of the silly, crazy things we used to do. We talked about my journey with breast cancer and my hubby told me how he admired me so much for being so brave. He told me that I was his hero. He told me that his love had only grown stronger for me watching me deal with my diagnosis and treatments. He told me that nothing else would ever hurt me again, that he would protect me and always keep me safe. I started crying, you know me, the tears always seem to come. lol

And, as if that wasn't enough, the waiter came and brought, what I thought was the bill for the evening. He sat it next to me, and without looking, I just passed it over to my husband. My husband gave it back to me and said " I think this is for you". I am thinking, why is he giving me the bill to pay? So, took a look down and there on the little tray, under a piece of paper, was a diamond cross. YES, the most beautiful diamond cross I have ever seen. It took my breath away! The note said...To my beloved wife, a cross to keep you safe and diamonds for the sparkle of life you are to me!

What a night!!! One that I will always remember and cherish. I am so blessed..truly blessed.

So, this was my special night out that I am sharing with my pink sisters.

Sue :)

Sue... what a beautiful
    double post.. opps
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Taleena
    I for one am glad sisters like you stay here because you're invaluable to the rest of us. Yes, the news recently has been very upsetting. Last night I couldn't tell my husband about Lisa (Moopy) without crying. I think the suddeness of both she and Heidi's passing was what really upset me. It's like they weren't given a chance to get more treatment.....

Saturday we celebrated our granddaughter's 5th birthday and my daughter graduated from grad school with her masters in education. So, there are always moments in our lives to make us feel better about our personal situations. I didn't go to rads today because we had ice!

Again, thanks for sticking around.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • taleena
    Options
    Megan M said:

Wow too Ritzy!
    Wow too Ritzy! I love what you write and what an amazing night you had! You do have the sweetest hubby, next to mine.

We went out for pizza with our best friends this weekend. Ofcourse, football was the main topic for the hubby's, but, my girlfriend and I love it too, so, it was fun. We even did a little betting. ( the government doesn't read these posts, do they? LOL )

After we got home, my hubby and I just sat outside, holding each other close and gazing up at the stars. Not a lot was said, but, it was just perfect!

It has been rough on the board lately and to be in my hubby's arms and to share the sky filled with stars with the love of my life, was just what I needed.

Hugs, Megan

Sue.. time with friends is
    Megan.. time with friends is such a gift... football was the main topic of conversation this week with a lot of people I know.. including my hubby! Seattle lost this week Chiefs lost last week.. oh well our teams are out of the running time to find another team to root for! Time under the stars is great! Hope you enjoyed it.

Hugs,
    ~T
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

Taleena
    I for one am glad sisters like you stay here because you're invaluable to the rest of us. Yes, the news recently has been very upsetting. Last night I couldn't tell my husband about Lisa (Moopy) without crying. I think the suddeness of both she and Heidi's passing was what really upset me. It's like they weren't given a chance to get more treatment.....

Saturday we celebrated our granddaughter's 5th birthday and my daughter graduated from grad school with her masters in education. So, there are always moments in our lives to make us feel better about our personal situations. I didn't go to rads today because we had ice!

Again, thanks for sticking around.
    {{hugs}} Char

Taleena .. Thank you from the bottom of my
    heart for your sincere post. It is heart warming, on target and inspirational.

Vicki Sam
  • Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Taleena .. Thank you from the bottom of my
    heart for your sincere post. It is heart warming, on target and inspirational.

Vicki Sam

My News
    I have been without a job since last September..I quit my job becasue it was the most stressful job I've ever had! I had a horrible boss who blamed his mistakes on me and got away with it since the Store manager and him were best friends.. It was the the only way to make himself look better so he could be promoted...I didn't qualify for unemployment since i quit and they fought it... so I was left to use up every resouce I had to survive.. So you can imagine how hard the holidays were for me.. So my life since Septemeber has been an endless search for a job.. something that I could do and feel good about myself at the end of the day..

Well this morning I got the call I have been praying for!! I got a job!! Not just a job but a GREAT job!! it will pay better than my last one and the hours are better too!! It's in the line of work I've been trying to get back into for years!! So you can imagine my Joy today! I have been crying and thanking God all day!!

Thank You Taleena for making this thread... And reading all of ya'lls stories is making me smile!!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Calleen said:

My News
    I have been without a job since last September..I quit my job becasue it was the most stressful job I've ever had! I had a horrible boss who blamed his mistakes on me and got away with it since the Store manager and him were best friends.. It was the the only way to make himself look better so he could be promoted...I didn't qualify for unemployment since i quit and they fought it... so I was left to use up every resouce I had to survive.. So you can imagine how hard the holidays were for me.. So my life since Septemeber has been an endless search for a job.. something that I could do and feel good about myself at the end of the day..

Well this morning I got the call I have been praying for!! I got a job!! Not just a job but a GREAT job!! it will pay better than my last one and the hours are better too!! It's in the line of work I've been trying to get back into for years!! So you can imagine my Joy today! I have been crying and thanking God all day!!

Thank You Taleena for making this thread... And reading all of ya'lls stories is making me smile!!

Its been a rather stressful
    Its been a rather stressful week, but I am going on vacation soon and hopefully will meet up up with some pink sisters! stay tuned. Love your post T also Pitt nice to see you yay on the job, what a load off your mind. all the hubbies sound wonderful and of course the babies.....
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    carkris said:

Its been a rather stressful
    Its been a rather stressful week, but I am going on vacation soon and hopefully will meet up up with some pink sisters! stay tuned. Love your post T also Pitt nice to see you yay on the job, what a load off your mind. all the hubbies sound wonderful and of course the babies.....

Oh yes this was a bad week.
    Oh yes this was a bad week. Great post T. It's know wonder our husbands don't think were crazy. We are so very connected with each other. We cry,we laugh,we get angry at times, but we stick together, sister's and some brother's. Enjoy life, enjoy the children.
    Kathy~
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    Well the last week has NOT
    Well the last week has NOT been inspiring at all. Fighting a cold for the past month and feeling quite low due to the loss of our sisters. BUT I will say one thing....on Sat I drove 14 1/2 hrs through rain, compact snow, ice, through mountains and finally during the last 2 hrs at night, through a snow storm that had me crawling and really not knowing where I was and I made it. Wobbly yes, but here, home :) That was amazing!! But what is better than that is reading all your posts. Smiling, laughing, crying and cheering (yaa Calleen) has really made my day :) Thank you....
    jan
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Our Special Night Out
    My husband, who is the sweetest and most caring man in the world, asked me to dress up as we were going to be going out for a very special night. Ok I thought, I can do that. No problem, I love to get dressed up, put those heels on and strut my stuff. lol

So, off we go in the car, driving towards the big city. Where are we going..I keep asking. He just looks at me with this big smile on his handsome face and keeps driving. Ok..I can wait a little longer, but, I am not the most patient lady in the world.

We drive past the city and continue on. Now I am confused, why didn't we stop somewhere in the city. What is he up to?

Finally we stop at this darling restaurant on the edge of the next town, not a large town, but, still quite large and very nice.

He opens up my door and we go in. The restaurant is full, and, so quaint. There are booths, which I love for privacy, lots of tables for two and glowing white lights everywhere. We've never been here before, so, I am really excited.

We are taken to a private room for dinner for just the two of us. The room was beautiful! Candles were lit everywhere, soft romantic music was playing, and, just the table for two. On our table were a dozen of the most beautiful pink roses, with just a touch of white on the edges, with a note saying " Beautiful flowers for my beautiful wife". I loved them!!!

We had a wonderful dinner, the service was great, the meal was delicious and we talked about so many things..so many good things. We laughed so hard at talking about when we first dated, some of the silly, crazy things we used to do. We talked about my journey with breast cancer and my hubby told me how he admired me so much for being so brave. He told me that I was his hero. He told me that his love had only grown stronger for me watching me deal with my diagnosis and treatments. He told me that nothing else would ever hurt me again, that he would protect me and always keep me safe. I started crying, you know me, the tears always seem to come. lol

And, as if that wasn't enough, the waiter came and brought, what I thought was the bill for the evening. He sat it next to me, and without looking, I just passed it over to my husband. My husband gave it back to me and said " I think this is for you". I am thinking, why is he giving me the bill to pay? So, took a look down and there on the little tray, under a piece of paper, was a diamond cross. YES, the most beautiful diamond cross I have ever seen. It took my breath away! The note said...To my beloved wife, a cross to keep you safe and diamonds for the sparkle of life you are to me!

What a night!!! One that I will always remember and cherish. I am so blessed..truly blessed.

So, this was my special night out that I am sharing with my pink sisters.

Sue :)

How many other ladies are green with envy =)
    Thanks for starting this post!!! Great idea let's create some positive vibes.

Sue,

what a lucky lady you are!! I KNEW, I KNEW it didn't just happen in movies.

My happy moments are small but significant to me. I haven't had a nightmare
    in a long time, I ran 5K, I discovered an herb garden on the ASU campus.
    I witnessed the most breathtaking sunset. And I actually wrote AND mailed
    a few letters this year... so unlike me. But that was one of my goals.

I take pleasure every day in being able to provide food for the poor strays
    outside.

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options

Well the last week has NOT
    Well the last week has NOT been inspiring at all. Fighting a cold for the past month and feeling quite low due to the loss of our sisters. BUT I will say one thing....on Sat I drove 14 1/2 hrs through rain, compact snow, ice, through mountains and finally during the last 2 hrs at night, through a snow storm that had me crawling and really not knowing where I was and I made it. Wobbly yes, but here, home :) That was amazing!! But what is better than that is reading all your posts. Smiling, laughing, crying and cheering (yaa Calleen) has really made my day :) Thank you....
    jan

Taleena,
    thanks for

Taleena,
    thanks for beginning this post. Good to hear so many good things going on and that even those with challenges are finding some joy. What makes my day is starting the morning with my Den and then us going around the corner to see the grandchildren. Jo literally races down the hallway to throw herself in our arms and JJ is right beside her. Almost bowl us over but I love it. Jo has been dressing up in her Belle outfit from Halloween and JJ dresses as a knight. She tells us she is a princess and he is king. Den says how we can't be blue or sad when they are smiling and playing and laughing. they really lift our spirits. And he is so right.
    Again, it is so good to hear the positives. I love all of you so much and pray that you all have many more positives.
    Stef
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Options
    great thread!
    thank you for starting it, taleena! you all are making me cry! ritzy ... what a gem of a husband! pitt, I'm trying hard to get back to where I was post-bc. What an inspiration you are! All of you, thank you for sharing!

Mine is pretty small, some would say silly. The last couple of days my youngest cat hasn't left my side. She follows me from room to room. Last night I was sitting in a high-backed comfy chair and she sat on top of it and I'm not kidding patted my head with her paw a couple of times. I looked up at her and she kissed me on the forehead. Today I was sitting reading and she plopped right beside me, belly up wanting me to rub her belly. She is not normally like this. So sweet. How do animals know when we're down?

Thank you all for sharing. xo