you are NOT going to believe this one!

Options

Comments

• missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options
    jamiegww said:

I'm praying for you.
    What a horrible experience! I too am triple negative and wish we had more treatment options. Try to keep busy so you aren't constantly thinking about it.

Hugs!!!
    Jamie

Heidi--I wish I could lighten your burden
    All I can offer is positive energy directed toward you and many good thoughts and prayers.

Warm, Gentle, Numerous Hugs,
    Renee
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    You're Right: Unbelievable
    Heidi, I am just so stunned and sad to hear this: you deserve so much better than these results. Whoever heard of bc to the gallbladder?

But, you have been so courageous and committed through every obstacle, large and small, that you faced this last year. Your calm "Am I going to need tissues?" is typical of your attitude and strength this whole time. I admire you more than I can express and continue to have hope. I'm glad your onc. is in touch with Meena's in Philadelphia. Your team there in Wisconsin has always seemed proactive and caring, so I'm not surprised.

I am also glad your friend was there with you. Joe and I are with you in spirit and keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    heidijez said:

in addition to IBC i am triple negative
    i already have received the lifetime max of taxotere. being triple negative means herceptin and zometa are not an option. got your pm, i know of whom you speak, we are already in contact with him.

wiped out, but not giving up!

oh Heidi...I am heartsick
    oh Heidi...I am heartsick for you. I'm praying, sending good thoughts, holding your hand, and giving you big tight hugs!! I am happy to hear you are not giving up and that you're in contact with Dr. C. I hope he is able to help.

Huge hugs,

Linda
  • skipper85
    skipper85 Member Posts: 229
    Options
    The good news is

The good news is you don't need your GB. The bad news is having to be on chemo the rest of your life. That really sucks. Fortunately I can tell you're a fighter and you won't give in to this beast. Don't ever give up. The new drugs they have now are having great results and even more promising drugs are on the horizon. Hang in there and keep the faith.

(((HUGS)))

Skipper
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Options
    skipper85 said:

The good news is

The good news is you don't need your GB. The bad news is having to be on chemo the rest of your life. That really sucks. Fortunately I can tell you're a fighter and you won't give in to this beast. Don't ever give up. The new drugs they have now are having great results and even more promising drugs are on the horizon. Hang in there and keep the faith.

(((HUGS)))

Skipper

Prayers
    I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. I am praying for you. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options

Prayers
    I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. I am praying for you. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice

I am so sorry. I will keep
    I am so sorry. I will keep you in my prayers. This is just so unfair.
    Kathy ~
  • jojo elizapest
    jojo elizapest Member Posts: 122
    Options
    You and I have had many of
    You and I have had many of the same treatments....Taxotere, Adriamyacin, Cytoxin... I too am metastatic since BC was found in my lungs in Feb. of 09. I too live in Wisconsin.

I am so sorry for your recent news. I go to a support group once per month of metastatic BC women in Madison. A group is developing to meet at Medical College in Wauwatosa just west of Milwaukee, probably sometime in March.

The support group and these boards have helped me learn about side effects, maintain some balance, and vent!!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    sbmly53 said:

Oh, Heidi,
    Words just cannot express how sad I am for your news. You are in my prayers. Keep fighting, dear sister. We are all behind you.

Sue

I am so sorry Heidi. You
    I am so sorry Heidi. You are in my prayers too.

Hugs, Diane
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    jamiegww said:

I'm praying for you.
    What a horrible experience! I too am triple negative and wish we had more treatment options. Try to keep busy so you aren't constantly thinking about it.

Hugs!!!
    Jamie

What you have been through,
    What you have been through, well, I can't imagine Heidi. Just know that all of your sisters in pink are praying for you and will help you however we can.

Hugs, Lex
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    jo jo said:

Heidi your news just made my
    Heidi your news just made my heart sink...im just in shock...as im guessing you are too. I just dont have any words right now...but i will continue to pray for you!

This has just put a big knot
    This has just put a big knot in my stomach. I am so very sorry Heidi.

I will be praying for you.

Leeza
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    So So Sorry
    I'm sure it's a shock. There are no words. I just pray that you will find peace and keep fighting the good fight. May God pour his love, strength and peace over you!

I'll be praying for you fellow sister-in-pink!

Blessings,
    Sally
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Oh Heidi
    I got chills just reading your post. I wish you hadn't gotten this awful news just before the holidays. Sometimes it feels like it's never ending.... I hope you are able to enjoy the holidays and hopefully afterwards you can have a chat with onc to find out what will happen next. The thought of chemo for the rest of your life is overwhelming, I'm sure. I do know a woman who had a mastectomy in her 30's and had a couple of recurrences and she has chemo every week. She is in her 50's now. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    cahjah75 said:

Oh Heidi
    I got chills just reading your post. I wish you hadn't gotten this awful news just before the holidays. Sometimes it feels like it's never ending.... I hope you are able to enjoy the holidays and hopefully afterwards you can have a chat with onc to find out what will happen next. The thought of chemo for the rest of your life is overwhelming, I'm sure. I do know a woman who had a mastectomy in her 30's and had a couple of recurrences and she has chemo every week. She is in her 50's now. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    {{hugs}} Char

Praying for you Heidi
    I HATE hearing news like this. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

I would think they would want to remove the gallbladder right away.

Please keep us posted.

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Dear Heidi,
    This is

Dear Heidi,
    This is when words fail me. I don't know what to say. My heart is breaking for you. I am so sorry to hear your news. I wish you strength. You are in my prayers. Please keep us posted I know you will. I'm sending you all my love and strength. Even though I'm far away I'm with you darlin. Kay
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Heidi, you will be in my
    Heidi, you will be in my thoughts and I am sending strength to you to stay strong and do what YOU need to do. We are here for YOU!!
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Heidi I hope you can feel us
    Heidi I hope you can feel us all standing beside you and holding you up. I'm so sorry & saddened to read your news. My hugs and prayers, as always, are with you my friend. You are a woman of great strength, courage, and grace, which I admire very much.
    *hugs & hugs & hugs*
    Heather
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options

Heidi I hope you can feel us
    Heidi I hope you can feel us all standing beside you and holding you up. I'm so sorry & saddened to read your news. My hugs and prayers, as always, are with you my friend. You are a woman of great strength, courage, and grace, which I admire very much.
    *hugs & hugs & hugs*
    Heather

:(
    Oh sweet Heidi, my heart just aches for you. I wish I could put my arms around you or wave a magic wand and make this all go away for you.

I pray that you know that your sisters in pink are all here for you and will encourage you and support you in whatever way that we can.

You have such courage and I know you will continue to fight the beast.

With lots of hugs, prayers and support for you,

Sue :)
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    Ritzy said:

:(
    Oh sweet Heidi, my heart just aches for you. I wish I could put my arms around you or wave a magic wand and make this all go away for you.

I pray that you know that your sisters in pink are all here for you and will encourage you and support you in whatever way that we can.

You have such courage and I know you will continue to fight the beast.

With lots of hugs, prayers and support for you,

Sue :)

It's Monday
    and I hope by now you have a plan of action. Heidi, I'm so sorry to learn about this latest "development". You're definitely in my thoughts and prayers.

Suzanne
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options

It's Monday
    and I hope by now you have a plan of action. Heidi, I'm so sorry to learn about this latest "development". You're definitely in my thoughts and prayers.

Suzanne

Heidi, You just had one of
    Heidi, You just had one of the days when you wake up and you're still having that nightmare, and you can't wake up from it. I'm so sorry to hear this news and it saddens all of us to have one of our sisters going thru this. My mother had breast cancer reoccur in her scar tissue and 2 years later it came back in her gall bladder. Strange thing is she had just had a clear bone scan but then this showed up. Like everyone here, you're in our thoughts and prayers. Please post as often as you feel like it. I also believe you to be a very strong courageous woman and know you will continue to fight this beast with all your might. Much love to you.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    meena1 said:

I also have IBC which has
    I also have IBC which has spread. I have also been told that I have been told that I may have to be on chemo for the rest of my life! Inflammatory Breast Cancer is very aggressive, I feared this when I read you post about your surgery. Right now I am on Taxatere and Carboplatin, Herceptin and zometa and I am responding well. I have sent you a PM, I am going to the country (if not worlds) expert in Inflammatory Breast Cancer in Philadelphia. He has helped me, there is hope for you, there is NOTHING he does not know about IBC. He may be able to help you. Please let me know how you are

I truly hope that Heidi can
    I truly hope that Heidi can see your oncologist Meena. He has helped you and I bet he can help her too.

Prayers for the both of you,

Leeza