Who are you?

Options

Comments

• QuiltingMama123
    QuiltingMama123 Member Posts: 124
    Options
    And another for Ohio!
    Greetings! I haven't posted for a while - I've been dealing with chemo and trying to proceed normally. Neither is going very well right now, but that's for another post! My name is Anna; I'm 50 years old and live in Vandalia, Ohio with my dh of 27 years. We have 3 children (ages 18, 16, and 10), who are everything to me. I taught jr. high and high school English for 20 years but had to quit due to Meniere's Disease (an inner ear balance problem) 2 years ago. I began quilting for family and friends a few years ago and love it. I now donate several quilts a year to the local children's hospital. (That way dh doesn't mind the money for material, etc (LOL). Anyway, the kids (several of my students used to call me Mama T. and my kids call me Mama when we are being sentimental) and the quilting gave me my post name.
    I was diagnosed in June of this year, have had a lumpectomy and 2 of my 4 chemos. Next will be radiation!
    Thanks for doing this! It's great to share non-cancer stuff with each other!
  • MomMichelle
    MomMichelle Member Posts: 93
    Options
    great idea Jo Jo
    My name is Michelle. I have two incredibly loving, sweet, adorable kids (hence my screen name MomMichelle). Little boy who is 5 and a little girl who is three. I have a wonderful husband who I have been married to for almost 6 and a half years. I have a very tight close knit family and a great group of supportive friends and co-workers. I found a whole new family right here on the board, who have been there for good and bad. I am 36 (almost 37) and I found out in June 2010 that I had extensive DCIS which turned into a small area of invasive IDC (4mm) after my mastectomy. No nodes affected (that were tested). I am hopefully doing my third round of TCH tomorrow. I will then be halfway finished with chemo. Should finish chemo Dec 2 if all goes well and then will be on herceptin for remainder of the year. We built our dream house Novemeber 2009. We live near the sweetest place on earth...Hershey, PA (actually Lebanon). I thought I was living a fairy tale before all this happened. Now, I am kicking cancer's butt with the support of family and friends and everyone here. I am blessed. I am planning my happily ever after.
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    24242 said:

Wow those eyes Jo Jo
    Glad you gave us a close up because I miss those eyes that a cousin of mine has that are just like yours. People say the same about my son's eyes but not the greyish blue that your's are.
    I am Tara from British Columbia BC the mother of one child a son who has finally grown up and become the man I dreamed he would be. Mostly a single mother with the father MIA but great family and friends that proved "Love is all you need." I have a great partner who has been able to stick it out with me though are lives are much different than we could have thought let alone dream.
    I say 14 year they say 13 year stage 3 breast cancer survivor with 11 out of 21 positive nodes. Guess that is why I still think about cancer and increased risks along with finding out triple negative and I was apart of a study that was looking at positive and negative HER survivors through time.

2 fave number and 24 number chose if 22 wasn't available when picking the jersey for the teams. New to internet didn't know back then what I know now LOLOLOl

Thanks Tara ...everyone
    Thanks Tara ...everyone calls them my vampire eyes...check out story behind the eyes post.
    I have seen people whos eyes are actually this light in color and i just think they are so cool.
  • Grandma X 6
    Grandma X 6 Member Posts: 135
    Options
    Another Connecticut
    What a great idea Jo JO. My Name is Cindy I live in Norwalk,Ct. I am 60 years old,diagnosed Sept 09 IDBC stage 2A clean nodes 3.5cm.Had a lumpectomy and 33 radiations treatments. I am HER2 postive Just finished a year of Herceptin also had taxtare and carboplatin. Now I am dancing with NED. I also got lumphdema yuck! My name is not very creative I have 3 Children and 3 Grandchildren they are the loves of my life.I ALSO HAVE A WONDERFUL hUSBAND. tHE SUPPORT OF MY Family and Friends helped me through this.I read this board almost every day it is so helpful I love it.Thank You to all my Pink Sisters. I pray for all of you daily.lol Cindy
  • webbwife50
    webbwife50 Member Posts: 394
    Options
    Who am I?
    My name is Alison, my last name is Webb, and I had just turned 50, last year when I was dx'ed with tnbc. I have two daughters, both lovely young women, and I am very proud of both of them. I married a wonderfull man 2 months before I was dx'ed and he is the love of my life and my best friend. I live in Palouse, Wa, and I love this site. Thank God for people like the women here. You are my heros! God bless us, one and all! Alison
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    Options

Who am I?
    My name is Alison, my last name is Webb, and I had just turned 50, last year when I was dx'ed with tnbc. I have two daughters, both lovely young women, and I am very proud of both of them. I married a wonderfull man 2 months before I was dx'ed and he is the love of my life and my best friend. I live in Palouse, Wa, and I love this site. Thank God for people like the women here. You are my heros! God bless us, one and all! Alison

This has been great!
    I did not realize that there were 4 people from CT. I have been wondering if I was the only person from CT who had found this website. If you are from CT and want to connect with a local survivor, please PM me. I am doing great but have stayed on this board to give back to those who were there for me 1 1/2 years ago. What a great site.

Roseann
  • grandmaof2
    grandmaof2 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    roseann4 said:

This has been great!
    I did not realize that there were 4 people from CT. I have been wondering if I was the only person from CT who had found this website. If you are from CT and want to connect with a local survivor, please PM me. I am doing great but have stayed on this board to give back to those who were there for me 1 1/2 years ago. What a great site.

Roseann

Another Jersey Girl
    Hi, my name is Marlene and I am 64-my screenname is derived from my 2 lovely granddaughters ages 3 & 5. I was diagnosed in April 2010 wth stage IIIb BC-just finished chemo AC followed by Taxol. Start radiation in 3 wks with Arimidex. Live at the Jersey shore-been here for 26 years and love every minute of it.so happy to have found this site.
    Marlene
  • Grandma X 6
    Grandma X 6 Member Posts: 135
    Options
    roseann4 said:

This has been great!

Roseann

Where in CT.
    Hi Roseann, Where do you live in Ct? I am in Norwalk. My name is Cindy I would be interested in trying to get together.
  • hoop77
    hoop77 Member Posts: 84
    Options
    I'm Laura and I live in
    I'm Laura and I live in McKinney, TX. I have two children, a daughter who is a junior at Texas A&M and a son who is a sophomore in high school. I'm 52 years old and love to travel. This damn BC didn't even keep me from missing our annual famiiy vacation this year! I work part time for my husband keeping the books for our small restaurant chain. Life is good!
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options

Idaho Representative
    Hi - My favorite color has always been pink. When young, I wanted pink everything!! I grew up in the Seattle area and love the **** willows in the Springtime - it is still one of the things I miss! Hence, the name PinkWillow. I now live in the Boise, Idaho area; was diagnosed January 2010 and just finished up a month ago with surgeries, chemo, and radiation. I am 63, retired (and loving it) and single. Haven't really done much except get through this experience this year, but am getting my strength back now! I love walking and reading, and work with lampwork and kilnforming glass.

I have been reading and learning from all your posts even though I have not written very much. You have made me feel so not alone - Thank you all!!!

Linda

Hi there PinkWillow. Nice
    Hi there PinkWillow. Nice to meet you. I was in Boise yesterday. I live outside of a small town about 2 hours north of Boise. I was diagnosed stage IIIa 30 months ago - had surgery, chemo, and rads and I am now on Arimidex. xoxoxoxo Lynn
  • tambow
    tambow Member Posts: 42
    Options
    Tammy
    My screen name is an old nickname...
    I just had my 49th birthday. (Gee it's funny how BC makes you really appreciate having birthdays!!!) I live just north of Austin, TX with my husband and our 3 dogs, all rescues of sorts....including my hubby! LOL Our son is 20, and is a Lance Corporal in the USMC, currently stationed at Camp Pendleton, CA. I'm a 1-year survivor of stage 3 IDC(HER2+, ER-/PR-). Did 2 rounds of Chemo (AC/Cytoxan, then Taxol/Herceptin) To complete Herceptin treatments this December. Had BLM in March 2010. Complications (infection) with expander implants, so had them removed in July. Waiting, oh the waiting.....to start reconstruction (again) maybe in November.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    tambow said:

Tammy
    My screen name is an old nickname...
    I just had my 49th birthday. (Gee it's funny how BC makes you really appreciate having birthdays!!!) I live just north of Austin, TX with my husband and our 3 dogs, all rescues of sorts....including my hubby! LOL Our son is 20, and is a Lance Corporal in the USMC, currently stationed at Camp Pendleton, CA. I'm a 1-year survivor of stage 3 IDC(HER2+, ER-/PR-). Did 2 rounds of Chemo (AC/Cytoxan, then Taxol/Herceptin) To complete Herceptin treatments this December. Had BLM in March 2010. Complications (infection) with expander implants, so had them removed in July. Waiting, oh the waiting.....to start reconstruction (again) maybe in November.

Shortscake is from Georgia I
    Shortscake is from Georgia I miss her and think of her often. Her and her girl power!
  • Jean T. Szabo
    Jean T. Szabo Member Posts: 193
    Options
    Me
    Didn't know to use a screen name...so you got "me"..Jean T. Szabo. Joined the discussion board in Sept. Stage 1 BC, no nodes, clean margins; lumpectomy (the blue dye, blue smurf or blue aviatar) on Sept. 20th. Will see Oncologist tomorrow afternoon. Just learning all of the terms and hoping for rads only, no Chemo. Have been inspired and very thankful for all of the advise/help/encouragement. Scared and shocked at first, settling down a bit. Very anxious to see what is the recommended treatment. Expecting 33 radiation treatment and praying that is all. Very glad to have found this group of courageous survivors. God Bless!! Wisconsin, 63 yrs. old; grandmother of 5. Hard of Hearing, have a hearing aid in left ear and a CI in the right. CI surgery in May; diagnosed in Sept. with BC. Will be writing and reading the posts.
  • JoMama54
    JoMama54 Member Posts: 78
    Options
    Hi all............I'm an Idaho potato!!
    I felt the need to get Idaho on the board. My screen name JoMama from my daughters and their friends, 54 is the year I was born...........so that makes me 56. I haven't commented much on this site but I do love to read about everyone. You are all so very strong!!!

I have 4 grown daughter and a grown son whom have blessed me with 13 grandchildren whom I adore! I am single and have been for 10 years. Don't know what I would have done without the help and support from my daughters.

In 10/98 I had thyroid cancer and 6/08, BC invasive DCIS Stage I. Mastectomy no rads or chemo but I am on the fourth and last Hormone Therapy treatment Tomoxifen. The other 3 took a toll on my body.

This is a great site to be in especially when you are feeling down..........whether you, my Pink Sisters know it or not you have always picked me up and I thank you for that!!!!

God bless you all.............JoMama
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options

Another Connecticut
    What a great idea Jo JO. My Name is Cindy I live in Norwalk,Ct. I am 60 years old,diagnosed Sept 09 IDBC stage 2A clean nodes 3.5cm.Had a lumpectomy and 33 radiations treatments. I am HER2 postive Just finished a year of Herceptin also had taxtare and carboplatin. Now I am dancing with NED. I also got lumphdema yuck! My name is not very creative I have 3 Children and 3 Grandchildren they are the loves of my life.I ALSO HAVE A WONDERFUL hUSBAND. tHE SUPPORT OF MY Family and Friends helped me through this.I read this board almost every day it is so helpful I love it.Thank You to all my Pink Sisters. I pray for all of you daily.lol Cindy

Hi Grandma
    I'm in Coventry, CT. You are closer to NY and I'm closer to MA. I'm 61 and grandchild #6 will be here by the end of the month. Roseann said she's from CT too. Maybe we can get together???
    Char
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    roseann4 said:

This has been great!

Roseann

Roseann
    I sent you a pm..... I just realized you were the 1st one from CT to post and you're in Guilford. So there's you, Grandma X3 (Cindy), me and Sher43009
    Char
  • EveningStar2
    EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Options

always fun!
    I always like these threads!

I am 57 diagnosed with DCIS in January 2009, had a lumpectomy and 33 rad treatments (love the "tanning sessions" someone used). Burned, got over it. All this in Las Vegas NV. Moved to the Navajo reservation in NM in June 2009, had a pulmonary embolism shower in November-probably caused by the tamoxifen. Was on oxygen 24/7 for awhile-I even put it in a backpack and went back to work, I'm an RN. I only wear when sleeping now but I live at 7300 feet so that may be part of it. I am scheduled to have a thyroid biopsy on 21 October for a nodule but hope that is totally unrelated to the rest of this. My mom had BC but I am BRAC negative.

I live with my third husband of 13 years and 3 rescued cats--see the pix. I'm not sure how I ever would have gotten through all this crap without the wonderful women (and and a few guys) on this board. I recommend to *anyone* that has BC.

Maureen

oops double post
    Maureen
  • jo jo
    Options
    Geographic Poll : East Coast seems to be winning at 46
    East Coast =46 Central =23 West Coast =21 BC =1 Unknown =2

East Coast = 46
    Massachusetts -3
    Connecticut -4
    New York -7
    New Jersey -3
    Maryland -1
    Pennsylvania -5
    West Virginia -1
    Ohio -3
    Michigan -3
    Indiana -4
    Kentucky -1
    Tennessee -1
    North Carolina -2
    Georgia -3
    Florida -5

Central = 23
    South Dakota -3
    Minnesota -1
    Wisconsin -2
    Iowa -2
    Illinois -3
    Missouri -1
    Texas -10
    Louisiana -1

West Coast = 21
    Washington -4
    Oregon -2
    Idaho -2
    Colorado -1
    California -9
    Arizonia -2
    New Mexico -1

British Columbia -1

Unknown -2
  • jo jo
    Options
    jo jo said:

Geographic Poll : East Coast seems to be winning at 46
    East Coast =46 Central =23 West Coast =21 BC =1 Unknown =2

East Coast = 46
    Massachusetts -3
    Connecticut -4
    New York -7
    New Jersey -3
    Maryland -1
    Pennsylvania -5
    West Virginia -1
    Ohio -3
    Michigan -3
    Indiana -4
    Kentucky -1
    Tennessee -1
    North Carolina -2
    Georgia -3
    Florida -5

Central = 23
    South Dakota -3
    Minnesota -1
    Wisconsin -2
    Iowa -2
    Illinois -3
    Missouri -1
    Texas -10
    Louisiana -1

West Coast = 21
    Washington -4
    Oregon -2
    Idaho -2
    Colorado -1
    California -9
    Arizonia -2
    New Mexico -1

British Columbia -1

Unknown -2

Im not so sure that its such
    Im not so sure that its such a good thing that the East Coast is more than doubled compared to Central and the West Coast! The scale has really been tipped!
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    Options
    What a great post
    And I will NEVER be able to remember all of this. These were really fun to read.
    My "real" name is Edna, My screen name is a combination of my initials and my address.
    I "knew" I had BC at the beginning of last year but was actually diagnosed in May, about 2 months before my 48th birthday. I had 2 tumors- stage 2 idc and dcis. Clear nodes. I had a lumpectomy, Brachy therapy, chemo (Taxotere and Cytoxin)and then external rads. I had difficulty with the side effects of the chemo and lost my job in December. I plan to try and get back to work by the end of this year, after my hysterectomy.
    I am originally from California and now live in Phoenix, Arizona with my husband. I have a son who lives in California and a daughter, son in law and 2 year old grandson living in Germany.
    I love motorcycles, hot air balloons, turtles, Marilyn Monroe, Barbies ( I have a small collection), traveling-the list goes on. I recently attended a training class so I can do volunteer work for the ACS and the Look Good Feel Better Program.
    I will be walking in the Race for the Cure on 10/10/10 here in Phoenix.