First one home from the SoCal (Re)Union!

Options

Comments

• Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Candid Camera
    Cat... thanks for posting all those great photos of us Gals! They came out great! Thanks for the share.
    BL
  • Candid Camera
    Cat... thanks for posting all those great photos of us Gals! They came out great! Thanks for the share.
    BL

Shore leave
    I am really rather surprised by the collective amnesia, perhaps the collective chemo brain, of the participants of the first annual CSN SoCal beer and love fest.

I have seen no mention of the Thelma and Louise like crime spree. Even the news did not mention the high speed pursuit on the 405. Traci minimized the harassment of the poor young man simply trying to make a living waiting tables. I would be surprised if the groping hasn't driven the lad into therapy. I noticed him holding himself, rocking, and tearfully muttering 'eye candy' under his breath when I left. A very special thank you to Cat for not posting the pictures of our matching tattoos.

Truthfully, it was my honor to meet all of you ladies and I would be remiss if I did not acknowledge the collective wisdom of all the women on this site. It's an unwanted sisterhood, that true, but I am truly humbled to think of you all as sisters.

Again, thank you for your thoughtful gifts and delightful company this past Saturday.

Now get off my porch!
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options

Shore leave
    I am really rather surprised by the collective amnesia, perhaps the collective chemo brain, of the participants of the first annual CSN SoCal beer and love fest.

I have seen no mention of the Thelma and Louise like crime spree. Even the news did not mention the high speed pursuit on the 405. Traci minimized the harassment of the poor young man simply trying to make a living waiting tables. I would be surprised if the groping hasn't driven the lad into therapy. I noticed him holding himself, rocking, and tearfully muttering 'eye candy' under his breath when I left. A very special thank you to Cat for not posting the pictures of our matching tattoos.

Truthfully, it was my honor to meet all of you ladies and I would be remiss if I did not acknowledge the collective wisdom of all the women on this site. It's an unwanted sisterhood, that true, but I am truly humbled to think of you all as sisters.

Again, thank you for your thoughtful gifts and delightful company this past Saturday.

Now get off my porch!

Looks like a happy group!
    Looks like a happy group! Thanks RE for posting the pics on your page and thanks Cat too

for posting some. Did you take more pics that you can both post?
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Angie2U said:

Looks like a happy group!
    Looks like a happy group! Thanks RE for posting the pics on your page and thanks Cat too

for posting some. Did you take more pics that you can both post?

I agree with Faith..Honor and a Little Chemo...
    It is truly an honor to be a part of this wonderful group. With your wisdom, advice, love, caring and humor you all make having bc so much more bearable. You are a ruler that I measure my progress by, teachers that help me to see and understand my feelings, especially after treatment when I thought I would be stupid happy that it was over, and then I discovered it's never really over and that my down-in-the dumps days are perfectly normal and expected. The humor keeps us all remembering we are still a part of "normal" society. The love that we are still beautiful and that we are not alone, someone has always walked before us and is reaching out a hand to help.

The Re-Union has done so much more than just everyone meeting and having a wonderful time, it has given us all a little deeper glimsp into each other's lives and personalities. Hopefully there will be more across the country..

I thank and love you all on the board, you are a special part of my life.

Hugs, Judy xoxox
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Skeezie said:

I agree with Faith..Honor and a Little Chemo...
    It is truly an honor to be a part of this wonderful group. With your wisdom, advice, love, caring and humor you all make having bc so much more bearable. You are a ruler that I measure my progress by, teachers that help me to see and understand my feelings, especially after treatment when I thought I would be stupid happy that it was over, and then I discovered it's never really over and that my down-in-the dumps days are perfectly normal and expected. The humor keeps us all remembering we are still a part of "normal" society. The love that we are still beautiful and that we are not alone, someone has always walked before us and is reaching out a hand to help.

The Re-Union has done so much more than just everyone meeting and having a wonderful time, it has given us all a little deeper glimsp into each other's lives and personalities. Hopefully there will be more across the country..

I thank and love you all on the board, you are a special part of my life.

Hugs, Judy xoxox

Sorry....It's Faith, Trust and a little chemo.
    I can't even say it's chemo brain cause it's been since Dec since my last chemo. I just have a lousy memory!
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you all had a
    Sounds like you all had a great time....I'm still jealous but so happy that you all got to meet. I checked out the pictures and it is so nice to put faces with names. You are all beautiful ladies and I'm glad to call you my sisters. Now, I'm going to go to facebook to see Cat's pictures, too.
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    Options
    Saw the pics posted by RE,
    Saw the pics posted by RE, it filled my heart with such joy. Wished I could have beent there too. Everyone looked beautiful and strong.
    Lupe
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    Pinkpower said:

Saw the pics posted by RE,
    Saw the pics posted by RE, it filled my heart with such joy. Wished I could have beent there too. Everyone looked beautiful and strong.
    Lupe

"Hug First, Ask Questions Later"
    I want to thank you all for what I keep coming back to about our time together on Saturday: the warm welcome you gave to my girlfriend.

Trace and I have been together for 8 years, and, in that time, I’ve invited her to a few get-togethers with old friends where she was ignored or met with suspicion or rude questions about her/my/our sexual orientation. So she understandably was a little wary about what to expect on Saturday, but agreed to come because she knew how important it was to me.

So I was so touched and grateful by how each and every one of you welcomed her (literally) with open arms, included her in the gift-giving –- I cried when she showed me VickiSam’s beautiful card to her from all of you -- and just laughed and talked with her like a member of the “family.”

(She particularly liked your apparent “Hug First, Ask Questions Later” policy –- as everyone was arriving, many of you ran up to her, hugged her, THEN asked, “who are you?” She laughed, “Man, these ladies will hug anybody! I coulda been from the family at the next table, they didn’t care!" :-)

Traci
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

I want to thank you all for what I keep coming back to about our time together on Saturday: the warm welcome you gave to my girlfriend.

Trace and I have been together for 8 years, and, in that time, I’ve invited her to a few get-togethers with old friends where she was ignored or met with suspicion or rude questions about her/my/our sexual orientation. So she understandably was a little wary about what to expect on Saturday, but agreed to come because she knew how important it was to me.

So I was so touched and grateful by how each and every one of you welcomed her (literally) with open arms, included her in the gift-giving –- I cried when she showed me VickiSam’s beautiful card to her from all of you -- and just laughed and talked with her like a member of the “family.”

(She particularly liked your apparent “Hug First, Ask Questions Later” policy –- as everyone was arriving, many of you ran up to her, hugged her, THEN asked, “who are you?” She laughed, “Man, these ladies will hug anybody! I coulda been from the family at the next table, they didn’t care!" :-)

Traci

:-)
    Traci, Trace is a delight a wonderful person and certainly enjoyable to be around it is easy to see how much you two care for each other and that is truly a treasure. By the way I have what I consider to be a rather comical photo of you two and your desert, if you would like me to e-mail it to you please pm me your address and I will do so. Saturday's luncheon went way to fast, it was such a heart warming few hours I will treasure forever. Someone mentioned that there wasn't any awkward moments that it was like a gathering of old friends and that to me was a good way of explaining it, it was wonderful!

Hugs to you and Trace, she is welcome on this board anytime as she certainly understands our journey as your caregiver.

RE
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Traci... I am so glad your
    Traci... I am so glad your partner made it to the luncheon. Yes, because you are part of the Pink Warrior Family, your partner Trace automatically becomes part of the family, too- like it or not. That's just the way it goes.

Have a good one.
    BL
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options

Traci... I am so glad your
    Traci... I am so glad your partner made it to the luncheon. Yes, because you are part of the Pink Warrior Family, your partner Trace automatically becomes part of the family, too- like it or not. That's just the way it goes.

Have a good one.
    BL

These days
    I just hug. And skip the questions. Life is so much better that way:)

I want to thank each and every one of you for Saturday's joy. Even those of you in the middle of the country, back east, England, wherever -- you were with us too -- I could feel your excitement and pleasure and I know I'll feel the same when Texas (re) unions and Florida and back east. It takes all of us to make this site such a safe loving haven to come to for information and reassurance and acceptance.

Saturday was a loving wonderful adventure. It was an honor to have lunch with such amazing women. And I could feel all of you at home sending love and warm wishes. I drove home in a glow.

Thank you to all,

Victoria
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Traci

She IS a member of the family!
    She obviously took great care of you during your treatments, and being your chauffeur on Saturday just put her over the top in my book!

She really did seem to fit right in, and I'm glad that once she got to know us (which probably took all of about 3 1/2 minutes), that she felt comfortable enough to join in all of the fun and laughter. She's welcome anytime!!!

I also wanted to thank you again for my "crown". My husband was not suitably impressed, but my dog just thought it was the coolest thing ever when it started to light up!!!

Love you all!!!
  • RE
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Traci

Photos
    Didn't Trace take pictures? I would LOVE to see them!
  • RE
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Traci

Photos
    Didn't Trace take pictures? I would LOVE to see them!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    aisling8 said:

These days
    I just hug. And skip the questions. Life is so much better that way:)

I want to thank each and every one of you for Saturday's joy. Even those of you in the middle of the country, back east, England, wherever -- you were with us too -- I could feel your excitement and pleasure and I know I'll feel the same when Texas (re) unions and Florida and back east. It takes all of us to make this site such a safe loving haven to come to for information and reassurance and acceptance.

Saturday was a loving wonderful adventure. It was an honor to have lunch with such amazing women. And I could feel all of you at home sending love and warm wishes. I drove home in a glow.

Thank you to all,

Victoria

Trace and Traci .. I can't wait to see you two again !!
    Commitment and Love is all I saw when I glance or watched you both. Trace is the ying to your yang, or vice versa - Lucky Lucky Lucky!

As Victoria stated above, I still have a smile on my face and a glow in my heart!

Thank you all so very much!

Vicki Sam

ps .. Faith, Trust and Sass .. I saying all this while standing on the sideway of your home .. You can't call the cops, because I am on City property. How beautiful is your Daughter??? ..

Yes I agree, poor Tommy our server has posted on Facebook that he is now seeking the help of a professional therapist - 1 who specializes in 'shock therapy'. His latest picture still has him in a small rocking chair .. all curled up in a ball, sucking his finger.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Trace and Traci .. I can't wait to see you two again !!
    Commitment and Love is all I saw when I glance or watched you both. Trace is the ying to your yang, or vice versa - Lucky Lucky Lucky!

As Victoria stated above, I still have a smile on my face and a glow in my heart!

Thank you all so very much!

Vicki Sam

ps .. Faith, Trust and Sass .. I saying all this while standing on the sideway of your home .. You can't call the cops, because I am on City property. How beautiful is your Daughter??? ..

Yes I agree, poor Tommy our server has posted on Facebook that he is now seeking the help of a professional therapist - 1 who specializes in 'shock therapy'. His latest picture still has him in a small rocking chair .. all curled up in a ball, sucking his finger.

Siobhan and I JUST got home
    Siobhan and I JUST got home from Long Beach~ we spent until today checking out our old neighborhood, and going to her elementary school,and shopping, and eating,and having our own girl-time! But OMG~ ladies! ladies! ladies! Did we have the best time or what???? So instantly intimate and silly and funny. But we so did need name tags!! Once we got each others usernames, we still didn't remember what the realnames were! And how fun to have 3, count 'em 3 Victoria's there!

Siobhan was overwhelmed by the ourpouring of friendship and love, and the card from VickiSam put her over the moon! What a wonderful, thoughtful, gesture. But not surprising at all, having met the beautiful VickiSam in person!

Faith_Trust contacted the Yardhouse after noticing on their web-site that they support Race For The Cure. She told them that a large group of BC survivors was coming for lunch, and OMG~ the restaurant donated $100.00 back to us to help cover our expenses! How awesome is that ??? Thank you for thinking of contacting them, and kudos to the Yardhouse for literally putting their money where their mouth is!

I don't have enough time or space to tell you all of the wonderful traits and qualities of these special, most beautiful women. Barring the reason we were brought together, this could not have been a nicer, more intelligent, funny, loving group of women! All of our Kindred Spirits who have ever graced these boards were with us in spirit...I only hope you
    felt the connection. It was magical, indeed.

Hugs,
    Chen♥

PS..It was rightly said, btw, that we are ALL 50' women! Hear hear!

\
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Traci

In a similar vein....
    So...yesterday afternoon, Siobhan and I got our bathing suits on, sunscreen and books and headed down to the pool/jacuzzi on the 3rd floor of our hotel. We just knew that on a Sunday afternoon we would have the place to ourselves. WRONG!!! We had to show our room key to get into the pool for free, or else it would have cost $15.00 WHAAAAT? More importantly, WHY???
    There was a party going on! Free drinks and food and music from 1-5! We really, really, didn't want fruity alcohol-laden drinks out in the sun..we really did want to take a nap by the pool! But WTH, we were there, so we went in. It didn't take more than 3 seconds (as we are really smart!) to realize that we were THE ONLY WOMEN among I dunno, 35-40 men. In another lifetime, this would have been a dream come true for me. Only this time, even if I had been 25, I still would have been invisible~ the party was hosted by a gay and lesbian organization. Tho as Siobhan said "all G, no L".
    We had a fun time, and laughed at not having any down time at the pool! We passed on the raspberry mojitos tho! We met some nice people who couldn't imagine that we were in Long Beach if we live in beautiful Santa Barbara.

Well, time to unpack and unwind a bit~ my Reggie cought a 28" halibut in the ocean while kayaking yesterday, and I am making fish tacos tonight! Come on over!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    Options
    Sounds like you all had an
    Sounds like you all had an amazing time. I wanted to be there so badly and next time I will do everything in my power to make that happen. So, when is the next one?
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Siobhan and I JUST got home
    Siobhan and I JUST got home from Long Beach~ we spent until today checking out our old neighborhood, and going to her elementary school,and shopping, and eating,and having our own girl-time! But OMG~ ladies! ladies! ladies! Did we have the best time or what???? So instantly intimate and silly and funny. But we so did need name tags!! Once we got each others usernames, we still didn't remember what the realnames were! And how fun to have 3, count 'em 3 Victoria's there!

Siobhan was overwhelmed by the ourpouring of friendship and love, and the card from VickiSam put her over the moon! What a wonderful, thoughtful, gesture. But not surprising at all, having met the beautiful VickiSam in person!

Faith_Trust contacted the Yardhouse after noticing on their web-site that they support Race For The Cure. She told them that a large group of BC survivors was coming for lunch, and OMG~ the restaurant donated $100.00 back to us to help cover our expenses! How awesome is that ??? Thank you for thinking of contacting them, and kudos to the Yardhouse for literally putting their money where their mouth is!

I don't have enough time or space to tell you all of the wonderful traits and qualities of these special, most beautiful women. Barring the reason we were brought together, this could not have been a nicer, more intelligent, funny, loving group of women! All of our Kindred Spirits who have ever graced these boards were with us in spirit...I only hope you
    felt the connection. It was magical, indeed.

Hugs,
    Chen♥

PS..It was rightly said, btw, that we are ALL 50' women! Hear hear!

\

looks like you all had a
    looks like you all had a great time and wonderful side adventures! Of course!!!! I was thinking of you guys that day! We were with you in spirit.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    elm3544 said:

Sounds like you all had an
    Sounds like you all had an amazing time. I wanted to be there so badly and next time I will do everything in my power to make that happen. So, when is the next one?

Will Cats Toy post more
    Will Cats Toy post more pictures on here for us to see? The ones I saw are great!