First one home from the SoCal (Re)Union!

Options

Comments

• jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    Love the pics...your all
    Love the pics...your all beautiful!
    Next time we need a web cam so we can see all the BC girls gone wild!
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Traci... that's a great
    Traci... that's a great description of how it went down! Although I have to say, I missed Cats_Toys kodak moment.

It was such a wonderful treat to meet everyone! We couldn't have asked for a more gorgeous day, too. Vicki... I sure did enjoy your strut! Hugs to all my beautiful Sisters in Pink!
    Love,
    BL
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    RE said:

FUNFUNFUN
    Oh Traci it was so wonderful, well worth the 7 plus hour drive to get there! I have posted several of the pics I took, loved meeting each and everyone of you! By the way I am typing from my hotel not home yet. After I left My Guy and I did some beach walking and just enjoying the rest of our day then went for a bit of dinner. Quite the day, will treasure them all!

RE

We had a great time
    Thank you everyone for coming. We had a great time together. Traci you are a champion of posting you did it while driving back .
    Re thank for posting your pictures. I am glad that I had a chance to meet everyone in person and it feels like I have known you for long time.

Love,
    New Flower
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    Options

Traci... that's a great
    Traci... that's a great description of how it went down! Although I have to say, I missed Cats_Toys kodak moment.

It was such a wonderful treat to meet everyone! We couldn't have asked for a more gorgeous day, too. Vicki... I sure did enjoy your strut! Hugs to all my beautiful Sisters in Pink!
    Love,
    BL

You girls sound like you all had a blast!
    However, TraciinLA--maybe your title should have been "What Happens in Long Beach, Stays in Long Beach!"

I am so happy you all got to meet (and a little jealous!)

Hugs, Renee
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    missrenee said:

You girls sound like you all had a blast!
    However, TraciinLA--maybe your title should have been "What Happens in Long Beach, Stays in Long Beach!"

I am so happy you all got to meet (and a little jealous!)

Hugs, Renee

Gals,
    Loved the pictures and

Gals,
    Loved the pictures and it looks like you all had a very great time. I hope if there you meet again that I will be able to travel and see you all. What a joy to be able to meet each other in person and to truly hug each other. Glad you did this and all had such a wonderful time.
    Stef
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    I looked at the pictures!
    I looked at the pictures! Awesome! If I could have made it out there I would have joined you! Maybe someday! I lived in California for a year and someday will go back and see how it's changed.
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Thanks to all the folks who
    Thanks to all the folks who shared and captioned pictures. I really felt like I was a little bit "there." What a terrific bunch of warriors you all are. xoxoxoxo Lynn
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

I looked at the pictures!
    I looked at the pictures! Awesome! If I could have made it out there I would have joined you! Maybe someday! I lived in California for a year and someday will go back and see how it's changed.

I truly enjoyed myself .. meeting each and every PINK
    WARRIOR .. was exciting, overwhelming and emotional. I am ready to meet again next month and so on.

I am willing to fly to New York (I've never been) found tickets for $158.00 round trip, I'll stay at a motel 6 .. travel via subway .. oh what fun! Texas or Flordia ..

It was surreal ... and the time flew so quickly.

CindyFlynn and Traci now both have sparklie, princess crowns!

Re and Cat_Toy .. thanks for the photo .. I how I hate my picture being taken, still look like the pillsbury dough boy's twin sister .. only now I have lucille ball red and brown hair ... waiting for the puffiness to go away .. chemo finished on 8/20/10 -- g=HATE having my picture taken**&

Vicki Sam
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

WARRIOR .. was exciting, overwhelming and emotional. I am ready to meet again next month and so on.

I am willing to fly to New York (I've never been) found tickets for $158.00 round trip, I'll stay at a motel 6 .. travel via subway .. oh what fun! Texas or Flordia ..

Re and Cat_Toy .. thanks for the photo .. I how I hate my picture being taken, still look like the pillsbury dough boy's twin sister .. only now I have lucille ball red and brown hair ... waiting for the puffiness to go away .. chemo finished on 8/20/10 -- g=HATE having my picture taken**&

Vicki Sam

VickiSam, you look beautiful...
    I know it's hard getting used to different hair and a whole different body after all you've been through...but trust me when I say you look beautiful and strong and you sparkle -- in pictures AND in person!

Hug,

Traci
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Vicki Sam

Vicki
    You are BEAUTIFUL inside and out, VickiSam! I love your wit, smarts, strength, and hutzpa( not sure of spelling)! You are one of our Strong Warriors and I love you dear Sister!
    BL
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    You are all so beautiful!!!!!! Lots of fun, big smiles & laughing yesterday. I am one jealous CSN sister. Glad you all had a great time and got to meet.
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    Options
    That sounds so great. I
    That sounds so great. I wish I could have jumped on a plane to join you! I can't wait to see the photos. Pitt
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Pictures
    anyone who wants to view all of the pictures I took (and hopefully added all the names!), go to my facebook page. I am Vicki Hilton....Yes, we had two Vicki's and one Victoria there...Traci and Trace too!

This was an actual reunion, no awkward "nice to meet you" dialogue, I think we almost drowned out the boat noise with all our laughter!
    Thanks again to cindyflynn! and everyone who showed up!
    Cat
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options
    cats_toy said:

Pictures
    anyone who wants to view all of the pictures I took (and hopefully added all the names!), go to my facebook page. I am Vicki Hilton....Yes, we had two Vicki's and one Victoria there...Traci and Trace too!

This was an actual reunion, no awkward "nice to meet you" dialogue, I think we almost drowned out the boat noise with all our laughter!
    Thanks again to cindyflynn! and everyone who showed up!
    Cat

Do it again, please!
    I'm in Northern California. I see Re is too and she traveled to get together. I want to come next time!
    Suzanne
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    Options

Do it again, please!
    I'm in Northern California. I see Re is too and she traveled to get together. I want to come next time!
    Suzanne

Thanks Cat for all the great pics. Seeing everybody having such
    a good time and looking so absolutely beautiful a person would never know the journey everyone has benn and is still on. I saved the group pic into my computer and now you will all go around on my screensaver. I feel this was a personal triumph for us all...hopefully down the road there will be more re-unions elsewhere as well. It makes me feel so much closer to all of you.

Hugs, Judy :-)
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    Skeezie said:

Thanks Cat for all the great pics. Seeing everybody having such
    a good time and looking so absolutely beautiful a person would never know the journey everyone has benn and is still on. I saved the group pic into my computer and now you will all go around on my screensaver. I feel this was a personal triumph for us all...hopefully down the road there will be more re-unions elsewhere as well. It makes me feel so much closer to all of you.

Hugs, Judy :-)

Looks like you all had a
    Looks like you all had a great time. Love the pictures
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Options
    Thanks so much
    for posting the pictures! It was awesome to see all those beautiful bc survivors :-) BFF's forever????
    Char
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

CA Sisters!
    Traci, thank you for posting! Was wondering how soon we could start asking questions and looking for pics! I am so thrilled for you all. Next time, hope, hope, hope to be there, wherever "there" is. Looking forward to happy tales and photos in the meantime!

Wishing everyone a safe and wonderful rest of the weekend.

Moopy

p.s. Mmm...expecting our Cat to behave? You may have to dig out that boob photo!

Looks like fun! Glad you
    Looks like fun! Glad you could all make it. Great pics. Talk about sisters, Aisling8 and Chen look like they could be sisters!

Hugs, Jan
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Still basking in the glow
    of that wonderful afternoon. The time sure flew by quickly, didn't it?

I went from there to a Sweet Sixteen birthday party for one of my neices, and didn't get home until late last night. Today I've been trying to catch up on my weekend chores and getting ready for school, which starts for me next week (I'm a student, not a teacher), so I'm just now getting back online to check in with all of you wonderful ladies and gents that were there either in person or in spirit.

Traci gifted me with a pink, shiny, blinking tiara of my own, and I'm sure there are a few pictures of it floating around somewhere - Yes the papparazzi were out in full force. VickiSam, Sally5 (Merry), RE, and Chenheart all brought lovely momentos for us to remember the day by, but truly the most important gift was just the hugs and smiles and having the ability to connect live and in person with so many of my sisters.

As I suspected before we even met, this was such a success that there is no doubt we will have to do it again, so those that weren't able to make it in person - you WILL have more chances.

It is just hard to describe how full my heart feels to know that I am part of such a loving and caring community of kindrid spirits.

Cats_toy - I sent a friend request to you on Facebook so that I can see your pics. I don't go on there often, but I do want to see more pics! I'm also going to try to get some pictures posted myself.

Just such a wonderful, wonderful, day - Thank you all for being a part of it!!!!
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Options
    So glad your RE-union went
    So glad your RE-union went well. Loved the pics.

Hugs

Donna