West Coast Fl ladies...

Options

Comments

• Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    lizzie17 said:

nearby
    I am not far away...think it is a great idea.

You go girls!

You go girls!
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    Ritzy said:

You girls have a great time!
    You girls have a great time! I will be with you in spirit! So, if you hear something rattling around, or, a table moves or something..it is just me, not trying to scare you, but, just letting you know that I am there. lol

Sue :)

I am so jealous.
    No one seems to live in Louisiana but me.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

Don't know if this helps at all...
    Back in June when I was "keeping score" for the different states for the "Where are You?" thread, 11 people checked in from Florida:

2Floridiansisters
    BlownAway60
    Cat64
    cavediver
    hopeful in tally
    lizzie17
    MamaG
    MyTurnNow
    natly15
    smalldoggroomer
    TawnyS

I'm a California girl -- wouldn't know my Pensacola from my Clearwater from my Jacksonville if they walked up and introduced themselves...but thought this might give you a place to start!

Traci

Wish I lived in Florida :(
    Wish I lived in Florida :( Have fun!
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I think it is a great idea
    I think it is a great idea .. Hope it all works out. I have to have surgery around that time. If I am able I will be there. Take care all Kay,
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Options
    natly15 said:

I'm in Orlando and would
    I'm in Orlando and would love to have a get together. My Turn Now is in Jacksonville, mama G is a near neighbor in Sebastian, Blown Away in Miami as I recall. I travel to Tampa all the time because I get all my treatment at Moffitt. I know there are other Floridians on the boards this would be a wonderful thing to do.

Hi Natly
    I also have my treatment at Moffitt.. Aren't they great. The nurses on the infusion floor.
    I like the people there they are very nice. I am half way through chemo only three more to go. then surgery and rads. Hope you are doing well, Kay
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Options
    I am on the east coast in
    I am on the east coast in Homestead, 27 miles south of Miami. We are 5 1/2 hours from Tampa. Cannot gaurantee that I could make it but keep me in the loop. My husband's 86 year old mother lives with us and she cannot be left by herself for very long.

Hugs

Donna
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options

I am so jealous.
    No one seems to live in Louisiana but me.

Not true, Cypress!
    tjohnson2310 is also in Louisiana.

Traci
  • 2Floridiansisters
    2Floridiansisters Member Posts: 384 Member
    Options

I am on the east coast in
    I am on the east coast in Homestead, 27 miles south of Miami. We are 5 1/2 hours from Tampa. Cannot gaurantee that I could make it but keep me in the loop. My husband's 86 year old mother lives with us and she cannot be left by herself for very long.

Hugs

Donna

Oh shoot
    I probably won't come either, I think the Tampa area for me is about a 7 to 8 hour drive one way, I probably won't be up for such a long drive. But I'll be there in spirit.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Mama G said:

I'm an EAST COAST gal!
    But my heart would be there with you!

My heart will be with all of
    My heart will be with all of you too!
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613
    Options

Oh shoot
    I probably won't come either, I think the Tampa area for me is about a 7 to 8 hour drive one way, I probably won't be up for such a long drive. But I'll be there in spirit.

I will probably be near

I will probably be near Tampa sometime in December, and I'd love to join you if I'm there during your reunion. That is, if you don't mind a northern crasher.

Joyce
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    Options
    filimu said:

if sometime between Thanksgiving & Christmas works...
    Maybe the weekends of Dec 4/5 or 11/12 would work. If anybody wanted to come for the weekend there are some reasonable motels on the beaches in St. Pete. As for a luncheon, I'm sure we could find a place out there, or we could go to a nice restaurant in Tampa somewhere - even International Mall has some great restaurants, and it would afford an afternoon of decadent shopping to boot!

I think we should shut for
    I think we should shut for Dec 4/5 and someone mentioned a restaurant in Ybor city. I think that would be great, always wanted to go to Ybor City. Im there, count me in.
    Lupe
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

No excuses, Char :-)
    My June "stats" showed 3 of you in Connecticut:

cahjah75
    roseann4
    wendybia

I mean, if I remember my puzzle map of the US when I was a kid, isn't Connecticut like the size of a postage stamp? You could just all walk to meet each other, right?

:-) :-) :-) Traci

Traci -
    How many of us in the Washington DC/Baltimore area, even up to Philly? It would be great meeting everyone!
    Pat
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    Options
    Sorry...I am an east coast
    Sorry...I am an east coast girl! Have fun!!
  • filimu
    filimu Member Posts: 74
    Options
    pitt said:

Sorry...I am an east coast
    Sorry...I am an east coast girl! Have fun!!

well,
    you want to shoot for Saturday, Dec 4, for a lunch date? Or does a Sunday work out better for people? That would be the 5th? And would people rather go into Ybor (which does have the Columbia restuarant, but not much in the way of shopping, except for touristy stuff) or would you rather try for a nice restuarant in or near International Mall and be able to double up on some Christmas shopping for those who are up to it?
  • cavediver
    cavediver Member Posts: 607
    Options
    just a thought
    why not consider Orlando...central in the state, maybe that way the north Fl sisters could come as well as east and west coast Fl sisters......there are lots of great outlet malls there as well if shopping is on anyone's agenda. Just a thought to allow more to attend. I am not doing too well right now, so can't imagine getting off my couch.......but by Dec 4/5 I would hope I could be up and make the trip from the west coast of Fl. I was originally going to plan on going to Caribe Royale in Orlando for a few days in December for a getaway rest if I was up to it by then. Anyway don't want to change anything that I cannot help organize, but thought I would throw the thought out so more of Florida could consider getting together
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Options
    padee6339 said:

Traci -
    How many of us in the Washington DC/Baltimore area, even up to Philly? It would be great meeting everyone!
    Pat

PA
    I'd come to a DC, Baltimore, or Philly reunion, even though I live in Lancaster, PA.

Linda
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    linpsu said:

PA
    I'd come to a DC, Baltimore, or Philly reunion, even though I live in Lancaster, PA.

Linda

Pat & Linda,
    I'm not home right now (stayed at my girlfriend's after our long, wild day with the other Breast Cancer Babes in Long Beach!), but will check my list when I get home this evening and let you know who's in DC, Maryland, or Pennsylvania.

Traci
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Traci... You're a Marvel.
    Traci... You're a Marvel. CSN should hire you! It was grand meeting you and your partner at The Strong & Mighty Sisters in Pink Shindig!
    BL
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Traci... You're a Marvel.
    Traci... You're a Marvel. CSN should hire you! It was grand meeting you and your partner at The Strong & Mighty Sisters in Pink Shindig!
    BL

Yes .. I agree with Bella .. Traci .. You are the BOMB!
    strong, committed and LOVING! Enjoyed the 2 Traci/e experience yesterday ...:_)))

Vicki Sam
    24242 Member Posts: 1,398
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Yes .. I agree with Bella .. Traci .. You are the BOMB!
    strong, committed and LOVING! Enjoyed the 2 Traci/e experience yesterday ...:_)))

Vicki Sam

WOW
    Just showed my girlfriend your gathering and explained that some of you I have been reading posts from for all the time here at this site. You GO GIRLS so nice to see the pics thanks and glad you all shared with sisters because women in our lives seem to be very important for our survival and love for life.
    Tara