What about your cancer journey has made you laugh?

Options
1235»

Comments

• phxsunshine
    phxsunshine Member Posts: 2
    Options
    3 days after my diagnosis.
    I got my diagnosis on a Monday, and met my Surgeon the next day. She sent me home with a stack of material to read, which I was finally able to do by the 3rd day. I wasn't crying all the time by then. Well, I read pamphlet after pamphlet until I came across one that began, "Congratulations, just by reading this, you are already a survivor . . ." And I said to myself, "Congratulations?. . . CONGRATULATIONS??!! Are you outta your ever loving mind? Congratulations is what you tell somebody who gets married, has a new baby, gets a promotion, graduates, not gets a cancer diagnosis!!" Man, I was steaming and sputtering mad. And then, I realized. . . I was back, and I started laughing my head off. I figured I ought to write a thank you note to the moron that penned that article. There have been other days I don't recognize myself, but I always come back, and I'm only going to get worse (in a good way). Watch out world, if you thought I was bad before, just wait til I get through this and out the other side!
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    I just thought of another..hihi
    So my next door neighbor has this great dog that he totally doesn't deserve.
    He ties her outside for most of the day (in the triple digits). And since I work
    from home I always take her in and tie her back outside right before he comes.
    So she has a secret life...

My friend just told me when I woke up after my surgery, I was asking him to
    partake in this extensive plan on how to dognap this dog and I was making
    him my accomplice. I have no recollection of that. Never knew I had a criminal mind.

Ayse
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    aysemari said:

He ties her outside for most of the day (in the triple digits). And since I work

him my accomplice. I have no recollection of that. Never knew I had a criminal mind.

Ayse

I 'm not sure but I think
    I 'm not sure but I think anything you say under anesthesia cannot be used in a court of law.... LOL... I wish you would kidnap that poor pooch.
  • krispatmad
    krispatmad Member Posts: 10
    Options
    aysemari said:

Ayse

post surgery comment
    I was suppose to have same day surgery but did not come out of surgery too well and my plastic surgeon ordered me to stay over night in the hospital. So there was a change of plans and my sister was trying to work on who would watch my children. I was just waking up post surgery when she asked me what I wanted to do about the kids. I then replied "What kids?" and then went back to sleep.
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you have cancer!!
    Thanks Traci for this funny thread! I've loved reading all the stories. So, here is something funny/stupid that I did after chemo was over. So, I had been looking forward to this big vacation we were planning to Rincon, Puerto Rico. It was about 2 weeks after my last chemo infusion and a week before starting rads. A treat for myself and husband for all we had been through. Two things to know about me for this story: I love horseback riding on vacation, and I tend to be pretty vain. Of course I'm wearing a wig at this beautiful resort we're styaing in and we decide to go horseback riding on the beach. Without even thinking about it, I wear my long, flowing wig. Now you have to realize that Puerto Rican horses are not like the nice, calm, tourist-lugging horses in the states. They are small, fierce and love to GALLOP. I get on this horse and off it goes! So there I am on a run-away horse, one hand holding the reins and the other firmly on top of my head to keep my wig in place. The instructor keeps telling me to hold on with both hands, for god's sake. But I can't risk my damn wig falling off. The wig didn't fall off and I ended up looking like some sort of rebel or dare devil, galloping down the beach, half falling off of a horse, hand on top of my head. LOL.
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

Congratulations, you have cancer!!
    Thanks Traci for this funny thread! I've loved reading all the stories. So, here is something funny/stupid that I did after chemo was over. So, I had been looking forward to this big vacation we were planning to Rincon, Puerto Rico. It was about 2 weeks after my last chemo infusion and a week before starting rads. A treat for myself and husband for all we had been through. Two things to know about me for this story: I love horseback riding on vacation, and I tend to be pretty vain. Of course I'm wearing a wig at this beautiful resort we're styaing in and we decide to go horseback riding on the beach. Without even thinking about it, I wear my long, flowing wig. Now you have to realize that Puerto Rican horses are not like the nice, calm, tourist-lugging horses in the states. They are small, fierce and love to GALLOP. I get on this horse and off it goes! So there I am on a run-away horse, one hand holding the reins and the other firmly on top of my head to keep my wig in place. The instructor keeps telling me to hold on with both hands, for god's sake. But I can't risk my damn wig falling off. The wig didn't fall off and I ended up looking like some sort of rebel or dare devil, galloping down the beach, half falling off of a horse, hand on top of my head. LOL.

Mimi COK Komik!!!
    I love it, vanity over injury!

Ayse