Going To My First RELAY FOR LIFE --- My UPDATE On How It Went! :)))))

Options
1235»

Comments

• Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    Balentine said:

So glad you had a wonderful time
    Ritzy,
    So glad you had a wonderful time. I know you were pretty apprehensive about going but I knew you would have a great time. I went to my first one here last month and it was amazing. I will be going every year from now on. Be bless and let God be magnified!
    Lorrie

Glad you had an amazing time
    Glad you had an amazing time at yours Lorrie! Keep posting the scriptures!

I really love reading them.

Sue :)
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    sea60 said:

Misty eyed again!
    Okay that story about your Hubby and the lightning bug ring had me sniffin' and now this wonderful post, all I can say is ***sniff***sniff****

I'm so happy you went. It's hard to describe it. You just had to go and experience it, and you did.

Thanks for sharing girlfriend!

Many Blessings to you and your Hubby!

Sorry you are sniff sniffing
    Sorry you are sniff sniffing S! Here, take a hanky and dry your eyes!

I want a smile on your face!

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Sorry you are sniff sniffing
    Sorry you are sniff sniffing S! Here, take a hanky and dry your eyes!

I want a smile on your face!

Sue
    I cried and smiled. The tail always makes me smile.
    Thank you,
    New Flower
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

Sue
    Thank you,
    New Flower

Love that tail too!
    I also laughed and cried at your post Ritzy! Thrilled that you went!

And, the lightning bugs that your husband had with him. That man is a real sweetheart! I loved your lightning bug post!

So, thanks for sharing your relay with us and thanks for taking all of us along. Glad we weren't too heavy. LOL

Lex♥
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Oh My Goodness! It Was Amazing!
    What an awesome experience the Relay For Life was! Being this was my 1st one since my bc diagnosis, I was so apprehensive, so nervous. But, it was GREAT!

Ok, let me tell you about the wonderful day and night! Got some time, a drink and snacks? lol We live in a small rural community with so many caring & wonderful people. This was the relay for the county, not just my town. So, it was bigger than I ever thought. It was almost like a carnival or a country fair atmosphere. They had lots of games, one was the throwing the ball at bowling pins and since my hubby is an ex pitcher, ofcourse he won, and, I got the biggest cutest teddy bear ever. And, guess what..it was PINK!!!

They had games and a petting zoo for the kids, and, even though I am not technically a kid anymore, I loved it too!

And, sooooooo many food stands! OMG! I ate so many corn dogs and drank so many lemon shake ups that I thought I would turn into a corn dog with a lemon shake up head on top! lol (looking in mirror again just to make sure..whew...still just me lol)

When it came time to walk the survivors lap, they played "Come to my Window" by Melissa Etheridge. As most of you know, she is a bc survivor too, and, I really love that song. Then, there was a moment of silence, and then there was this loud drowning of applause for the survivors walking. My hubby grabbed my arm so tightly and helped me to walk it. With my other hand, I carried the names of all of you, my CSN sisters. Remember Cats' Toy had written all of our names down on her expressions page. I printed that off and held in my hand, praying to God that he always protect each and every one of you!

Later that night, the luminaries were lit. I can't describe how truly soul searching and touching it was to see all of them lit up. So many names.... When we got to my luminary, we paused, my hubby, our friends and our family members. I couldn't hold back the tears. It was so emotional seeing my name on one of them. While we stood there, I noticed my hubby reaching in his pocket and pulling out what looked like a prescription bottle. I was thinking..why is he taking his meds now? He touched my tear streaked face & in his very deep voice said " You are a survivor..You are my survivor". Then, I heard a little pop and he had opened the medicine bottle and out flew, you guessed it....Lightning Bugs!!! If any of you read my post, OMG I Love Lightning Bugs, you will understand how this really touched my heart. I think at that very moment, I truly realized what a magical experience this day and night had been and so thankful that I went.

I am sorry this post is so long. I could write so much more, but, I have to stop somewhere. lol

So, to my sweet CSN sisters, you were ALL with me, in my pocket to start with, then in my hand, and, always and forever in my heart!

Love you all,,

I had tears in my eyes as I
    I had tears in my eyes as I read this "first" for you. I so agree with your husband that "You are a survivor"! I am also so happy that it turned out to be a wonderful, memorable story to share. Thank you so much for sharing with us!!
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

How beautifully written, dear Sue. Thank you for sharing your experience with us - from nervous anticipation to lightning bugs. And thank you for carrying us with you. xoxoxo Lynn

Now you have me crying too.
    Now you have me crying too. I love how you wrote about your relay and everything that happened. I could really see it, even the lightning bugs. Such a romantic husband you have Ritzy and he said it, you are a survivor!

Thanks for sharing this!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Love you all!
    I hope that all of you know how very much you touched my heart with your posts!

You are all just the sweetest, kindest and most supportive sisters ever!!!!!

My journey with bc has been difficult, like all of yours. I bless the day I found this site, as, I have been welcomed by all of you with open arms and with so much love that it would be impossible to ever thank you for it.

A simple thank you just doesn't seem like enough, but, thank you! And, I truly mean that!

What a blessing you are! I so look forward, as others have said, when I try to get into the site and there is the biggest CLOSED sign ever. CLOSED because a cure for breast cancer has been found! I pray for that every day!

It was an honor to take all of you with me on that magical day and night! My first Relay will always be etched in my mind and heart!

So, just know that I am hugging all of you right now and sending you all of my love.

Love,

I pray for that closed sign
    I pray for that closed sign too Ritzy! Thanks for the hug!

Jan
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

Sue
    Thank you,
    New Flower

I have always smiled when I
    I have always smiled when I see Ritzy's pic on here. That tail just makes you want to smile. LOL