Going To My First RELAY FOR LIFE --- My UPDATE On How It Went! :)))))

Options

Comments

• Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    DebbyM said:

You went? I am hoping so
    You went? I am hoping so Ritzy! I haven't attended one either. Scared and thought it might be too emotional for me yet.

Can't wait to read how you felt and what happened at your relay.

Hugs, Debby

If you get the chance Debby,
    If you get the chance Debby, you should go! I was nervous and scared to go too, but, once you get there and see all of the survivors and everything that is going on, you will love it! Please go if there is one around your area.

Sue :)
  • Ritzy
    Options
    Skeezie said:

I hope to go next year...
    and I know it will be emotional, I am right now just reading all of these posts. Thank you for taking me with you and to everyone who takes us along with them.

And please don't change your picture, I love the Ritzy Cat, when I see it I think of you immediately. It is like a little beacon of welcome...

Please let us know how your day went, we'll be thinking of you.

Hugs, Judy :-)

Ok Judy, just for you, I
    Ok Judy, just for you, I will keep my Ritzy swinging tail cat! LOL

• BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Thanks webbwife for walking
    Thanks webbwife for walking for all of us! You are one very brave and wonderful survivor!

It does take a lot to fight this horrid disease! We are all hero's!

I too carried Cats Toy's
    I too carried Cats Toy's list in my pocket and hand during my survivor lap.

What an amazing and loving thing for your hubby to do for you.

So glad you enjoyed it.

Hugs

Donna
  • Emilyfimily
    Emilyfimily Member Posts: 141
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Oh My Goodness! It Was Amazing!
    What an awesome experience the Relay For Life was! Being this was my 1st one since my bc diagnosis, I was so apprehensive, so nervous. But, it was GREAT!

Ok, let me tell you about the wonderful day and night! Got some time, a drink and snacks? lol We live in a small rural community with so many caring & wonderful people. This was the relay for the county, not just my town. So, it was bigger than I ever thought. It was almost like a carnival or a country fair atmosphere. They had lots of games, one was the throwing the ball at bowling pins and since my hubby is an ex pitcher, ofcourse he won, and, I got the biggest cutest teddy bear ever. And, guess what..it was PINK!!!

They had games and a petting zoo for the kids, and, even though I am not technically a kid anymore, I loved it too!

And, sooooooo many food stands! OMG! I ate so many corn dogs and drank so many lemon shake ups that I thought I would turn into a corn dog with a lemon shake up head on top! lol (looking in mirror again just to make sure..whew...still just me lol)

When it came time to walk the survivors lap, they played "Come to my Window" by Melissa Etheridge. As most of you know, she is a bc survivor too, and, I really love that song. Then, there was a moment of silence, and then there was this loud drowning of applause for the survivors walking. My hubby grabbed my arm so tightly and helped me to walk it. With my other hand, I carried the names of all of you, my CSN sisters. Remember Cats' Toy had written all of our names down on her expressions page. I printed that off and held in my hand, praying to God that he always protect each and every one of you!

Later that night, the luminaries were lit. I can't describe how truly soul searching and touching it was to see all of them lit up. So many names.... When we got to my luminary, we paused, my hubby, our friends and our family members. I couldn't hold back the tears. It was so emotional seeing my name on one of them. While we stood there, I noticed my hubby reaching in his pocket and pulling out what looked like a prescription bottle. I was thinking..why is he taking his meds now? He touched my tear streaked face & in his very deep voice said " You are a survivor..You are my survivor". Then, I heard a little pop and he had opened the medicine bottle and out flew, you guessed it....Lightning Bugs!!! If any of you read my post, OMG I Love Lightning Bugs, you will understand how this really touched my heart. I think at that very moment, I truly realized what a magical experience this day and night had been and so thankful that I went.

I am sorry this post is so long. I could write so much more, but, I have to stop somewhere. lol

So, to my sweet CSN sisters, you were ALL with me, in my pocket to start with, then in my hand, and, always and forever in my heart!

Love you all,,

Ah, wow (:
    You know when you

Ah, wow (:
    You know when you read something and it just totally makes your day and you smile all day long? Well, that was totally it.
    I'm so glad it went well for you and meant so much for you! Awesome post, Ritzy, awesome!
    And your husband - what a romantic thoughtful guy. You lucky thing you!
    Thanks for starting my morning off with big smiles (:
    Emily
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

I too carried Cats Toy's

So glad you enjoyed it.

Hugs

Donna

Ritzy/Sue
    So glad to read your story it seemed magical. what a wonderful hubby you have! thank you for carrying our names.
  • Balentine
    Balentine Member Posts: 393
    Options
    carkris said:

Ritzy/Sue
    So glad to read your story it seemed magical. what a wonderful hubby you have! thank you for carrying our names.

So glad you had a wonderful time
    Ritzy,
    So glad you had a wonderful time. I know you were pretty apprehensive about going but I knew you would have a great time. I went to my first one here last month and it was amazing. I will be going every year from now on. Be bless and let God be magnified!
    Lorrie
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

Ah, wow (:
    You know when you

Ah, wow (:
    You know when you read something and it just totally makes your day and you smile all day long? Well, that was totally it.
    I'm so glad it went well for you and meant so much for you! Awesome post, Ritzy, awesome!
    Emily

I so agree with Emily! Your
    I so agree with Emily! Your update put a huge smile on my face Ritzy!

I can tell that going to the relay was such a wonderful experience for you. I hope you can attend even more in the future.

Your husband is the sweetest ever! You are lucky!

Hugs, Debby
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    carkris said:

Ritzy/Sue

Carkris is right, it does
    Carkris is right, it does sound magical! What a night you had! I am so very happy for you Ritzy! And, I love that husband of yours! LOL

Jan
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Options
    Ritzy said:

What an awesome experience the Relay For Life was! Being this was my 1st one since my bc diagnosis, I was so apprehensive, so nervous. But, it was GREAT!

Ok, let me tell you about the wonderful day and night! Got some time, a drink and snacks? lol We live in a small rural community with so many caring & wonderful people. This was the relay for the county, not just my town. So, it was bigger than I ever thought. It was almost like a carnival or a country fair atmosphere. They had lots of games, one was the throwing the ball at bowling pins and since my hubby is an ex pitcher, ofcourse he won, and, I got the biggest cutest teddy bear ever. And, guess what..it was PINK!!!

They had games and a petting zoo for the kids, and, even though I am not technically a kid anymore, I loved it too!

And, sooooooo many food stands! OMG! I ate so many corn dogs and drank so many lemon shake ups that I thought I would turn into a corn dog with a lemon shake up head on top! lol (looking in mirror again just to make sure..whew...still just me lol)

When it came time to walk the survivors lap, they played "Come to my Window" by Melissa Etheridge. As most of you know, she is a bc survivor too, and, I really love that song. Then, there was a moment of silence, and then there was this loud drowning of applause for the survivors walking. My hubby grabbed my arm so tightly and helped me to walk it. With my other hand, I carried the names of all of you, my CSN sisters. Remember Cats' Toy had written all of our names down on her expressions page. I printed that off and held in my hand, praying to God that he always protect each and every one of you!

Later that night, the luminaries were lit. I can't describe how truly soul searching and touching it was to see all of them lit up. So many names.... When we got to my luminary, we paused, my hubby, our friends and our family members. I couldn't hold back the tears. It was so emotional seeing my name on one of them. While we stood there, I noticed my hubby reaching in his pocket and pulling out what looked like a prescription bottle. I was thinking..why is he taking his meds now? He touched my tear streaked face & in his very deep voice said " You are a survivor..You are my survivor". Then, I heard a little pop and he had opened the medicine bottle and out flew, you guessed it....Lightning Bugs!!! If any of you read my post, OMG I Love Lightning Bugs, you will understand how this really touched my heart. I think at that very moment, I truly realized what a magical experience this day and night had been and so thankful that I went.

I am sorry this post is so long. I could write so much more, but, I have to stop somewhere. lol

So, to my sweet CSN sisters, you were ALL with me, in my pocket to start with, then in my hand, and, always and forever in my heart!

Love you all,,

Ritzy, Thanks for sharing.
    I am going to definitely do this next year. I missed it this year. Hugs :) Jean
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Love you all,,

What an experience you had
    What an experience you had Ritzy! I am so impressed with you that you got over your nerves to go, and, what a night you had!

Thank you too for taking all of your CSN sisters with you! I appreciate it, as, everyone else does too by looking at the posts you have.

And, what an absolutely wonderful, romantic man you are married too! He is a keeper!

I think I will rename you the lightning bug lady! You like it?
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Love you all,,

How beautifully written, dear Sue. Thank you for sharing your experience with us - from nervous anticipation to lightning bugs. And thank you for carrying us with you. xoxoxo Lynn
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options

I too carried Cats Toy's

So glad you enjoyed it.

Hugs

Donna

You are amazing Ritzy and so
    You are amazing Ritzy and so is your husband! I really enjoyed reading this.

You got me excited about going to one someday!

He had lightning bugs for you! I love that story!

Thanks Ritzy for taking us along! I think your tail is even wagging faster now! haha

Hugs, Angie
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    Skeezie said:

I hope to go next year...
    and I know it will be emotional, I am right now just reading all of these posts. Thank you for taking me with you and to everyone who takes us along with them.

And please don't change your picture, I love the Ritzy Cat, when I see it I think of you immediately. It is like a little beacon of welcome...

Please let us know how your day went, we'll be thinking of you.

Hugs, Judy :-)

I agree, don't change your
    I agree, don't change your pic. I love the cat too!
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Love you all,,

Thank you
    Thank you so much for sharing this. I am writing with tears in my eyes now. It sounds like it was amazing. And we were with you every single step!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

Ah, wow (:
    You know when you

Ah, wow (:
    Emily

What an incredible nite!
    What an incredible nite! You make me want to go to one now, seriously, you do Ritzy. I really enjoy your posts. They always make me smile too, as does your picture. Love that cat!

Thanks!

Hugs, Leeza
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    Angie2U said:

You are amazing Ritzy and so
    You are amazing Ritzy and so is your husband! I really enjoyed reading this.

You got me excited about going to one someday!

He had lightning bugs for you! I love that story!

Thanks Ritzy for taking us along! I think your tail is even wagging faster now! haha

Hugs, Angie

Misty eyed again!
    Okay that story about your Hubby and the lightning bug ring had me sniffin' and now this wonderful post, all I can say is ***sniff***sniff****

I'm so happy you went. It's hard to describe it. You just had to go and experience it, and you did.

Thanks for sharing girlfriend!

Many Blessings to you and your Hubby!
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Love you all,,

Ritzy,
    I am so, so glad it

Ritzy,

I am so, so glad it went so well!

Your husband sounds like a prize.

Thank you for taking us with you. Thank you for sharing your experience. :))

So glad,
    dh
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Love you all,,

I just checked and found
    I just checked and found that in September, there is a relay here. You have me wanting to go now.

Leeza
  • Ritzy
    Options

Ah, wow (:
    You know when you

Ah, wow (:
    Emily

Emilyyyyyyyyyyy
    You know, you paid me the highest compliment in your post!

Putting a smile on your face all day? WOW!

You just keep smiling sister!

• Ritzy
    Options
    sea60 said:

Misty eyed again!
    Okay that story about your Hubby and the lightning bug ring had me sniffin' and now this wonderful post, all I can say is ***sniff***sniff****

I'm so happy you went. It's hard to describe it. You just had to go and experience it, and you did.

Thanks for sharing girlfriend!

Many Blessings to you and your Hubby!

Love you all!
    I hope that all of you know how very much you touched my heart with your posts!

You are all just the sweetest, kindest and most supportive sisters ever!!!!!

My journey with bc has been difficult, like all of yours. I bless the day I found this site, as, I have been welcomed by all of you with open arms and with so much love that it would be impossible to ever thank you for it.

A simple thank you just doesn't seem like enough, but, thank you! And, I truly mean that!

What a blessing you are! I so look forward, as others have said, when I try to get into the site and there is the biggest CLOSED sign ever. CLOSED because a cure for breast cancer has been found! I pray for that every day!

It was an honor to take all of you with me on that magical day and night! My first Relay will always be etched in my mind and heart!

So, just know that I am hugging all of you right now and sending you all of my love.

Love,