Long Term Survivor Rates

Options

Comments

• Kimba1505
    Kimba1505 Member Posts: 557
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Initiation to Our Club
    The initiation to our club is pretty brutal....one that no one would wllingly want to join. But once in, you are a member for life....and if all is well, that will be for many future years.

I found another phoenix that is kind of cool also, maybe not as minimal, and a bit more scroll or monogram like though.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o123/jguiseppi/66fb70ac

Here's another I like very much....

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o123/jguiseppi/28d9bfb7

***For some reason it won't let me put the (dot jpg) behind each of those, so you'll have to do it when you copy and paste.***

I never really officially found the colors for which ribbon that would apply. From what I found, the H&N ribbon is white with a red stripe in the center.

I think a ribbon or CSN could easily be faded into the background, or if you had a problem with CSN, just CS for Cancer Survivor....

JG

Tatoo proposal
    Funny that I came home fromt the beach and began reading all these posts on tatoos. Mark has always been extremely opposed to tatoos and when at the beach it is a constant visual show of everyone's body art. So we were, of course talking about them, and me knowing how much he hates them, told him I was thinking of getting one with the superman logo, but instead of the "S", put his initials in there. He is clearly my superman...
  • micktissue
    micktissue Member Posts: 430
    Options
    Kimba1505 said:

Tatoo proposal
    Funny that I came home fromt the beach and began reading all these posts on tatoos. Mark has always been extremely opposed to tatoos and when at the beach it is a constant visual show of everyone's body art. So we were, of course talking about them, and me knowing how much he hates them, told him I was thinking of getting one with the superman logo, but instead of the "S", put his initials in there. He is clearly my superman...

sweet
    Wow Kimba, does Mark know how amazingly sweet you are?

Jim, both those links to photobucket say the image has moved.

My partner Claire says she wants to join the tattoo club and get a phoenix.

Best,

Mick
  • Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Phoenix Tats.... I like it.
    Here is one website that I found that has a huge amount of the Phoenix Tattoos. I espeically like the the tribal styles, although the ladies might like one with more color and femininity...

http://www.tattoojohnny.com/search/phoenix?page=4

I especially like the one that's the first in the 3rd row, but there are a lot of cool ones....

Maybe we could design one unique to us incorporating CSN or the ribbon symbol faded within the background....just loose thoughts being thrown out here....

John

Hmmm
    I love the ornate tats, but you really have to have a large tat if you want it to be ornate. I'd rather not have a huge tat, so am still browsing.
  • Pam M
    Options
    Glenna M said:

Too many choices
    John, I checked out the website but there are so many nice ones that I can't make up my mind which one I like the best.

I especially like the idea of incorporating either the CSN or ribbon symbol in the background. If we all get them does is make us members of an exclusive gang - LOL

I'll keep checking back to see if anyone has made a decision yet.

My best to everyone,
    Glenna

Ees not a gang
    Ees a club.
  • Pam M
    Options

sweet
    Wow Kimba, does Mark know how amazingly sweet you are?

Jim, both those links to photobucket say the image has moved.

My partner Claire says she wants to join the tattoo club and get a phoenix.

Best,

Mick

Woo Hoo Claire - Another Phoenix Picture
    I'm collecting Phoenix pics, and posting them on my Expressions (do a member search on me, then go to my Expressions tab). So far, I have the pics Skiffen liked, and a pic that caught my eye.

http://www.tattoo22.com.html I might like something along these lines, adding in legs and talons holding the H&N ribbon, maybe - I think I might like to have the bird be larger than the ribbon, like the emergence is bigger than the cancer, I dunno.

OK - who lives near Miami or LA? We could get our tattoo televised, and designed by a celebrity. Hee
  • Pam M
    Options

Hey John
    I've been looking too and the one you found is similar to others I've seen and I like it a lot. I like it because it's minimal and most of the others are too ornate for my taste. I also like the idea of incorporating the CSN or ribbon symbol. Any artists in the house?

Best,

Mick

There was an Artist
    In the chat room here who designed her own tattoos - don't recall what she had. Haven't "seen" her in quite a while, but think there may be another artist in chat. I'll toss the idea out there next time I'm on the chat site.
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Options
    Pam M said:

Ees not a gang
    Ees a club.

Gangs are tough ;-)
    I was thinking of a gang because they have the reputation as being "tough guys" and fighters ;-) I don't think there is anyone tougher or who have fought more than cancer survivors.

But club it will be if that's what you want ;-)

Have a great day,
    Glenna
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    Pam M said:

Woo Hoo Claire - Another Phoenix Picture
    I'm collecting Phoenix pics, and posting them on my Expressions (do a member search on me, then go to my Expressions tab). So far, I have the pics Skiffen liked, and a pic that caught my eye.

http://www.tattoo22.com.html I might like something along these lines, adding in legs and talons holding the H&N ribbon, maybe - I think I might like to have the bird be larger than the ribbon, like the emergence is bigger than the cancer, I dunno.

OK - who lives near Miami or LA? We could get our tattoo televised, and designed by a celebrity. Hee

Thanks
    Thanks for posting the photos.... I like that one with the circle, but the one you like is cool too... I saw that one one a site somewhere....

Actually, I am an artist, I'll have to post some of my art work on my expressions... I'm just not that great at conceptial design. I work mainly from my photos and in a realism or representational form.

I could however probably come up with something based on a design that is liked... If we had a common type of faded banner (ribbon) on the Phoenix of your choice, that would still make it exclusive to us, yet could be a design better to your particular liking. Meaning that you could use a Phoenix that you like and incorporate a common banner.

John
  • Pam M
    Options
    Glenna M said:

Gangs are tough ;-)
    I was thinking of a gang because they have the reputation as being "tough guys" and fighters ;-) I don't think there is anyone tougher or who have fought more than cancer survivors.

But club it will be if that's what you want ;-)

Have a great day,
    Glenna

Just Funnin'
    I was goofing around "ees not a gang, ees a club" comes from an old, silly tv show making fun of an old black and white movie (it WAS A GANG). My family's been saying it so long, it was automatic when you said "gang".

I just looked up "gang". along with the "bad" definition, a gang also includes a work group of laborers, a matched or coordinated set, a group who interact socially. To gang up is to "join together in opposition or attack". Sounds like us. So does club, but you're right, it does sound much softer.

So, how do you describe yourself, when you're both softer and tougher than you were before?
  • Pam M
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Thanks
    Thanks for posting the photos.... I like that one with the circle, but the one you like is cool too... I saw that one one a site somewhere....

Actually, I am an artist, I'll have to post some of my art work on my expressions... I'm just not that great at conceptial design. I work mainly from my photos and in a realism or representational form.

I could however probably come up with something based on a design that is liked... If we had a common type of faded banner (ribbon) on the Phoenix of your choice, that would still make it exclusive to us, yet could be a design better to your particular liking. Meaning that you could use a Phoenix that you like and incorporate a common banner.

John

Yay
    An artist in our clutches - I mean, midst - anybody seen any pics of a phoenix or ribbon they like?
  • Pam M
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Thanks

John

Yay
    An artist in our clutches - I mean, midst - anybody seen any pics of a phoenix or ribbon they like?
  • Pam M
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Thanks

John

Yay
  • Greg53
    Greg53 Member Posts: 849
    Options
    Pam M said:

Yay

Tat's
    I've googled a bunch of different ones myself, but I like the circle one also and the one Pam likes is cool too. I'm like Mick in that I like the simplier designs; too intricate and they'd have to be larger to see them. I think some red in it would signify the Phoenix burning also. I guess it depends on where you'd put it, don't have any tats (yet) so circle might work better on back or chest and vertical design better on leg or arm???? Also like the idea of the ribbon being held in the talons and the "CS" somewhere, for cancer survivor would be a good touch. I'll go along with what the gang (oops, club wants). This is great!
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    Greg53 said:

Tat's
    I've googled a bunch of different ones myself, but I like the circle one also and the one Pam likes is cool too. I'm like Mick in that I like the simplier designs; too intricate and they'd have to be larger to see them. I think some red in it would signify the Phoenix burning also. I guess it depends on where you'd put it, don't have any tats (yet) so circle might work better on back or chest and vertical design better on leg or arm???? Also like the idea of the ribbon being held in the talons and the "CS" somewhere, for cancer survivor would be a good touch. I'll go along with what the gang (oops, club wants). This is great!

Designs
    I'll stick a few designs out there on my Expressions when I get a chance to draw and scan a few that I like, etc....as for the ribbon. Color is always nice, but that's a matter of choice and like I said, I'm not sure on the "official" color for H&N other than I read (and saw) white with a red stripe in the center. That being said, white wouldn't be a choice for a tattoo (in my opinion). I'd probably opt just to outline one staying in the tribal (minimalist design). But if I did an outlined ribbon in the design, that could be your choice on color....

BTW, I did stick a few photos of paintings and art work on my Expressions.

Best,
    John
  • Pam M
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Designs
    I'll stick a few designs out there on my Expressions when I get a chance to draw and scan a few that I like, etc....as for the ribbon. Color is always nice, but that's a matter of choice and like I said, I'm not sure on the "official" color for H&N other than I read (and saw) white with a red stripe in the center. That being said, white wouldn't be a choice for a tattoo (in my opinion). I'd probably opt just to outline one staying in the tribal (minimalist design). But if I did an outlined ribbon in the design, that could be your choice on color....

Best,
    John

Ribbon colors
    Ivory with Burgundy is for H&N
  • D Lewis
    D Lewis Member Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Designs

Best,
    John

Hey, Greg and John
    Here's an idea. I like the third bird down on Pam M's expressions page. It has beautiful long curving tail feathers. How about, instead of a banner, manipulating the tail feathers so they curve into an "S" and a "C" shape? John, could you try to sketch something like that?

Deb
  • Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Options
    Pam M said:

Just Funnin'
    I was goofing around "ees not a gang, ees a club" comes from an old, silly tv show making fun of an old black and white movie (it WAS A GANG). My family's been saying it so long, it was automatic when you said "gang".

I just looked up "gang". along with the "bad" definition, a gang also includes a work group of laborers, a matched or coordinated set, a group who interact socially. To gang up is to "join together in opposition or attack". Sounds like us. So does club, but you're right, it does sound much softer.

So, how do you describe yourself, when you're both softer and tougher than you were before?

Glub
    We invent our own word for our group, we are a GLUB - a cross between a gang and a club ;-)
    After all, we are unique people who are both softer(gentler) and tougher people because of the requirements to become a member of this club.

Whatever we call ourselves doesn't really matter as we all have one name in common - SURVIVORS!!!

Take care,
    Glenna
  • micktissue
    micktissue Member Posts: 430
    Options
    D Lewis said:

Hey, Greg and John
    Here's an idea. I like the third bird down on Pam M's expressions page. It has beautiful long curving tail feathers. How about, instead of a banner, manipulating the tail feathers so they curve into an "S" and a "C" shape? John, could you try to sketch something like that?

Deb

Tat I like
    I like the 2nd one down on Pam's page, the one with the circle. My opinion is that we don't all have to get the same design, I know I'm pretty minimalist and I know Greg is too. The 3rd one down on Pam's page is too ornate for me.

I think what would be nice is some kind of connecting feature. Perhaps it's color but that makes the tat more expensive and perhaps too ornate for some (like me). What about incorporating the letters 'CSN' somewhere in the design? I can imagine that on mine.

Just thinking out loud ...

Best,

Mick
  • Greg53
    Greg53 Member Posts: 849
    Options

Tat I like
    I like the 2nd one down on Pam's page, the one with the circle. My opinion is that we don't all have to get the same design, I know I'm pretty minimalist and I know Greg is too. The 3rd one down on Pam's page is too ornate for me.

I think what would be nice is some kind of connecting feature. Perhaps it's color but that makes the tat more expensive and perhaps too ornate for some (like me). What about incorporating the letters 'CSN' somewhere in the design? I can imagine that on mine.

Just thinking out loud ...

Best,

Mick

John, Great Artwork!
    Love the artwork Dude!

I'm impressed, you with the art and Mick, the musician, are true Renaissance men. No talent here, I must be your Neanderthal cousin.

Greg
  • Pam M
    Options
    Greg53 said:

John, Great Artwork!
    Love the artwork Dude!

I'm impressed, you with the art and Mick, the musician, are true Renaissance men. No talent here, I must be your Neanderthal cousin.

Greg

DITTO
    Your momma must be proud. Loved the pics you put up on Expressions.