You are not a man!

Options

Comments

• karinna
    karinna Member Posts: 42
    Options
    padee6339 said:

It Is Hard
    I was in Panera Bread for lunch one day - while my hair was still growing in and kinda spikey, and saw a woman with what looked like hair just starting to grow in. We kind of looked at each other and you could see our wheels spinning, but we walked away not saying a word to each other. My first thought was to acknowledge her as another warrior, but I was afraid she would say this is the way she wears her hair and she's not any kind of a warrior, and from her look, maybe she was thinking the same thing. Sometimes the best thing is to say nothing, which is what that jerk should have done.
    Hugs - Pat

What an inspiration. I want
    What an inspiration. I want to be there... running up beside you ... displaying my scars alongside you ... although I honestly don't know if I would have your kind of in-your-face courage. I hope so. I admire that in a person. I admire you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny story-
    A co-worker, friend of mine has a weird sense of humor like I do. So I sent her a text one morning as we were both getting ready for work:

"I dropped my boob this morning and caught it between my knees. You can't do that. I feel so special!"

Karinna
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    karinna said:

What an inspiration. I want to be there... running up beside you ... displaying my scars alongside you ... although I honestly don't know if I would have your kind of in-your-face courage. I hope so. I admire that in a person. I admire you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny story-
    A co-worker, friend of mine has a weird sense of humor like I do. So I sent her a text one morning as we were both getting ready for work:

"I dropped my boob this morning and caught it between my knees. You can't do that. I feel so special!"

Karinna

LOL, Karinna!
    Good one!

While wearing a scarf over my baldness, I ran into a Muslim acquaintance who always covers her hair. She said, "Finally, you understand how to dress properly!" I told her why I was covered and we had a good laugh.
  • karinna
    karinna Member Posts: 42
    Options

LOL, Karinna!
    Good one!

While wearing a scarf over my baldness, I ran into a Muslim acquaintance who always covers her hair. She said, "Finally, you understand how to dress properly!" I told her why I was covered and we had a good laugh.

That is funny. The bald head
    That is funny. The bald head thing is so strange. I remember walking in from the rain and drying my head with a paper towel and thinking... huh, never did that before.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    karinna said:

Funny story-

Karinna

I LOVE your sense of humor
    I LOVE your sense of humor and laughter truly is the best medicine!!
  • ruthielaine
    ruthielaine Member Posts: 59
    Options
    Unbelievable
    I just read your post and it really hit home with me on two levels. The first level is that I've had it happen to me too and it really hurts. Its bad enough that we feel like we've lost part of ourselves and that we'll never be the same again but then to hear people's comments it makes you sad.

On the second level, it makes me realize that I too have judged people based on appearance or lifestyle and I think twice about it now. when I see someone now who might look a little different or act a little different, or maybe they're grumpy, I just think to myself who knows whats going on in their life? This disease really does change you, inside and out.
  • MOrtiz0810
    MOrtiz0810 Member Posts: 41
    Options
    I Applaud you!
    Thank you, BC warrior! You are my hero! It's bad enough that we have to battle this disease and try to live normal lives, but for some ignorant fool to invade your space and say such a hurtful comment, he deserved that!

I'm sure he will think before he speaks from now on :)
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Wow!
    I told my husband about this and we were both impressed by your quick thinking and hutzbah. Good for you, girl! That comment was wrong on so many levels and you didn't take it lying down!

Mimi
  • rrogers34
    rrogers34 Member Posts: 135
    Options
    mimivac said:

Wow!
    I told my husband about this and we were both impressed by your quick thinking and hutzbah. Good for you, girl! That comment was wrong on so many levels and you didn't take it lying down!

Mimi

GOOD FOR YOU!
    I'm glad you had the guts to let him have it. It just goes to show, we often are wrong we only look at the outside and come to our own conclusions. I hope he thinks twice before opening his mouth again.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

LOL, Karinna!
    Good one!

That would be a good laugh
    That would be a good laugh Christine!

I still am amazed by that jerk in this post when I read it. Unbelievable!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    Kat11 said:

OMG
    Good for you. Thanks, I needed something to laugh at tonight.

OMG is right! What a
    OMG is right! What a horrible man! But, you sure did good!

I applaud you too!
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    rrogers34 said:

GOOD FOR YOU!
    I'm glad you had the guts to let him have it. It just goes to show, we often are wrong we only look at the outside and come to our own conclusions. I hope he thinks twice before opening his mouth again.

This is awesome... You go
    This is awesome... You go girl!!!
  • Emilyfimily
    Emilyfimily Member Posts: 141
    Options
    Wow, you are so awesome for
    Wow, you are so awesome for letting him have it! Good for you, you beautiful woman you!!
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    mimivac said:

Wow!

Mimi

You are awesome and very
    You are awesome and very brave! I can't believe anyone would say what he said!

Good for you!
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    Options
    Sweetvickid
    I wish I could say I cant believe what just happened to you, unfortunately I can. That is how ignorant our society still is about cancer, especially Breast Cancer. So sorry you went thru that. I have breast cancer, but still have my breast and the worst I have had said to me is, When is the baby due? cause of my 20lbs weight gain from chemo. Thanks for posting this. You are our HERO!
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    laurissa said:

Good for you
    Wish I could have been there to see his expression.

It is hard to believe
    It is hard to believe sometimes that there are stupid and mean people like this in the world.

What a JERK!

But, you were good! LOL

Lex♥
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Options
    Bravo!
    All I can say is I wish I could have been there!!!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    sea60 said:

Bravo!
    All I can say is I wish I could have been there!!!

Some people are so ignorant!
    Some people are so ignorant! I agree with sea60, bravo to you!

Hugs, Jan
  • sweetvickid
    sweetvickid Member Posts: 459 Member
    Options

Some people are so ignorant!
    Some people are so ignorant! I agree with sea60, bravo to you!

Hugs, Jan

Guess I should post
    That it didn't bother me what he said I just found him to be really stupid and I don't suffer stupidity very well. My friend found it hilarious and just told the crowd I can't take her anywhere!
    It actuallly kind of made my day. The ole Vicki is still lurking inside me!
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Wow! I can't believe the
    Wow! I can't believe the level of ignorance that small man showed. You gave him an education he will never forget. Your quick response couldn't have been any better. What a class act! I am sorry you had to go through that, but I so appreciate you sharing the story with your Sisters in Pink.

You Rock!
    BL
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    a badge of honor
    Done like a true Pink warrior. You deserve a special pink ribbon badge or medal for educating that insensitive and foolish lout. So sorry this had to happen to you. You did what was effective and your audience validated your courage with their applause. Brava!
    Hugs, K