You are not a man!

Options

Comments

• Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Wow!
    Intense! You are our warrior in more ways than one!
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options

Good for you!
    I read your note and I felt a sense of pride - you weren't just sticking up for you, you were sticking up for all of us who go through this and without choice, have to deal with it being a "public" disease. I am comfortable around my family and my "inside" world but you never know what you will receive from the outside world. Bless you for setting this biased, obnoxious jerk straight - I bet he'll think 20 times before he pulls something like this again!

Chris

You know what! That guy was
    You know what! That guy was a jerk to start with and he'll be a jerk all the rest of his life. Most people wouldn't even make that kind of comment even if they were thinking it but the fact that he said such an offensive thing outloud shows what kind of a fool he is. I'm glad you put him in his place but I'd be willing to bet he's got foot-in-mouth disease. We're proud of you and glad you had an appreciative audience around to see this guy get hammered. We don't need people to mess with our lives, we're just trying to get on with our lives. You done us proud.
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Options
    That's awesome
    I, too get those looks...wondering. I have't heard any comments, but if I do I will follow u and show them the battle scars. I still have one "good" boob, think I'll get arrested?
    I was asked today if I worked for a certain construction company, told them no. Then they asked if I was sure. LOL I'm pretty sure know where I work. Good for you sweetvickid.
  • crselby
    crselby Member Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    You wear the crown
    Oh, Sweetvickid, this would not have happened if I were Emperess (I was going to say "Queen" but...). First of all, Mr Jerk would be out canvassing for research funds for breast cancer in his tighties within the hour. And all those who watched and clapped would donate $100 or more! And you would get to wear the Emperess crown next!
    ~~Connie~~
  • AMomNETN
    AMomNETN Member Posts: 242
    Options
    YES!!!!!
    You Rock!!! I love it. One day I was mistakened for a man but it was a very elderly man who needed help pumping gas. I just laughed and had my son help him. I just looked at my son and said "Well Maam you've done you good deed for the day." He works a drive thru and people are always calling him Maam.
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    AMomNETN said:

YES!!!!!
    You Rock!!! I love it. One day I was mistakened for a man but it was a very elderly man who needed help pumping gas. I just laughed and had my son help him. I just looked at my son and said "Well Maam you've done you good deed for the day." He works a drive thru and people are always calling him Maam.

A perfect response! I
    A perfect response! I believe everything happens for a reason and maybe yours is to educate dim-witted, stupid and bigoted people. Well done.
    Sher
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    pattimc said:

OMG
    I can't believe how people think they have a right to make such snide comments to someone they don't even know!!

I am giving you a standing ovation! Thanks for doing what you did!

Patti

OMG is what I say too! I
    OMG is what I say too! I can't believe how rude he was. People like that should be somehow dealt with...not sure how. Congrats to you for putting him down!
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Options
    You had a lot more composure
    You had a lot more composure than I would have had. I probably would have slugged the Jerk.

Hugs

Donna
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    TraciInLA said:

YES! YOU GO, GIRL!
    GOOD FOR YOU!!!

I'm so proud you had the presence of mind in that situation to let that #$%*&ing &*#$%head have it -- you shouldn't have to educate people when you're just trying to enjoy a latte at the mall, but I'll bet you taught an important lesson to everyone there, not just him.

You are totally my hero today.

Traci

You are my hero today too!
    You are my hero today too! And, I have this to say to that man #&*(&*@(&(*#&*

Leeza
  • GayleMc
    GayleMc Member Posts: 311 Member
    Options

You had a lot more composure
    You had a lot more composure than I would have had. I probably would have slugged the Jerk.

Hugs

Donna

You are AWESOME!!!! I
    You are AWESOME!!!! I clapped for you also. You have real courage.
  • Jennifer1961
    Jennifer1961 Member Posts: 137
    Options
    You are my new hero! That
    You are my new hero! That is amazing! So many women would have just ignored him then fumed about they should have said or done. A big cyber hug!
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    Yes, You go girl!! That
    Yes, You go girl!! That poor, poor judgemental slob got exactly what he needed to hear. I'm sure that those who clapped also learned a thing or 2 as well.

Stand proud you brave warrior.
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    I agree!
    You rock! And, to have the presence of mind to respond like that, wow! I think I would have just sobbed and then thought of what I should have done. I think the applause should have been a standing ovation.

Sue
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    BRAVO!!
    I applaud you for your wit and courage!! Not everyone could do what you did.
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    aysemari said:

BRAVO!!
    I applaud you for your wit and courage!! Not everyone could do what you did.

Clapping and Cheering
    I am clapping and cheering--you are awesome.
    I hope that so called man has woken up and realizes he needs to think before he speaks again.
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    Good for you
    Wish I could have been there to see his expression.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    laurissa said:

Good for you

This made me laugh and cry.
    This made me laugh and cry. Good for you! I would not have had the courage to do that. Also what if you were a lesbian? gave him no right to say what he said. and I agree thanks for standing up for us! I admire you!
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Vicki, you are braver than
    Vicki, you are braver than most. This was a lesson learned by this man. I'm sure he'll have more appreciation for those of us that are "bald" and perhaps his next encounter will be a little more positive for that person. Way to go!!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    laurissa said:

Good for you

Clapping and cheering you
    Clapping and cheering you too! Some people just make me sick!
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Vicki, you are braver than
    Vicki, you are braver than most. This was a lesson learned by this man. I'm sure he'll have more appreciation for those of us that are "bald" and perhaps his next encounter will be a little more positive for that person. Way to go!!

It Is Hard
    I was in Panera Bread for lunch one day - while my hair was still growing in and kinda spikey, and saw a woman with what looked like hair just starting to grow in. We kind of looked at each other and you could see our wheels spinning, but we walked away not saying a word to each other. My first thought was to acknowledge her as another warrior, but I was afraid she would say this is the way she wears her hair and she's not any kind of a warrior, and from her look, maybe she was thinking the same thing. Sometimes the best thing is to say nothing, which is what that jerk should have done.
    Hugs - Pat