Where in the World Are You ~ Locations of Residence

Options

Comments

• denistd
    denistd Member Posts: 597
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Roger & Lynette, the pleasure was mine.....
    Sorry Roger is having such a rough go....

You'll just need to make sure you do what you need to keep him going once you get the PEG in. Make sure that you guys talk with your MD's also on the depression issues. Being positive is good theraphy, I know it's hard to stay that way, but Roger needs to fight this thing. He needs to do whatever he needs to get through it. Remind him of how tough the military was at times for you both. He put his mind to it and made it through the rough times, he can do this also.

I forgot that about your last name being Ball, are you guys related to Tim Ball by chance?

God Bless,
    John

• illoozions
    illoozions Member Posts: 32
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Roger & Lynette, the pleasure was mine.....
    Sorry Roger is having such a rough go....

You'll just need to make sure you do what you need to keep him going once you get the PEG in. Make sure that you guys talk with your MD's also on the depression issues. Being positive is good theraphy, I know it's hard to stay that way, but Roger needs to fight this thing. He needs to do whatever he needs to get through it. Remind him of how tough the military was at times for you both. He put his mind to it and made it through the rough times, he can do this also.

I forgot that about your last name being Ball, are you guys related to Tim Ball by chance?

God Bless,
    John

Ball
    Roger has no relatives here, most are on the West coast and one sister in Ocala. Roge is not used to being ill, thus he does not handle it very well :-( The Drs gave me something for depression, but he had only taken 3 of them before all of this, so we will have to start all over again when he gets home.

Lyn
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    Hal61 said:

Area 51
    Yes John, Area 51 in Nevada is where the CIA keeps all the alien bodies and spacecraft. It's funny, as I grew up, after the landing/weather ballon, no one in Roswell ever mentioned the alien ship, news of it died out right after the incident in '48 or '49. Some people came to town about twenty years ago and celebrated the anniverary of the landing. Now the town's main street is all aliens, alien pencils, omlettes, museums. Several of the local ranchers were charging twenty-five bucks a head to bus people out different areas on their land, point to a spot on sandy red landscape, and say "They landed there." It's the town's main industry.

New Mexico
    Although I grew up in Staten Island, New York, I was actually born in Albuqureque, New Mexico. My father was in the army when he met my mom there. I was born in an army hospital. Sandia Army base I think. I believe I was only there for the first year or so of my life. Only visited family back there once when I was 9 yrs old. Don't really know the family on my mothers side but they seem to be all in the south and south west.
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    train-nut said:

The Buckeyes
    I remember those days...still dislike the University of Michigan. Rich, Ohio State, class of '68. P.S. Homecoming one year was with the University of Wisconsin Badgers. My roommate and I made and displayed a huge sign reading: "Buck the Fadgers". The Dean of Men ordered it be taken down less than a day later.

Politically Correct
    LOL, ya that wouldn't probably be well accepted, LOL, or in todays terms' "Politically Correct"... Of course Woody could have just clothes lined them.

JG
  • CajunEagle
    CajunEagle Member Posts: 408
    Options
    fbcuthguy said:

East Tennessee
    I'm in Newport, TN. The Smoky Mountains near the NC line.

Interesting........
    My brother is a Kudzu farmer and has a compound in the huge metropolis of Del Rio, Tennessee. Beautiful part of the Volunteer State.
  • debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    J_w_R_69 said:

San Francisco Ca
    Hi Im Jerry

I'm in San Francisco Ca I went to UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive
    Cancer Center witch took great care of me and still doing the same

Hi, Jerry. Welcome to CSN.
    Hi, Jerry. Welcome to CSN. Glad to see you posting and hear that you're doing well. I pray that will continue.
    God Bless,
    debbie
  • Kimba1505
    Kimba1505 Member Posts: 557
    Options

Ball
    Roger has no relatives here, most are on the West coast and one sister in Ocala. Roge is not used to being ill, thus he does not handle it very well :-( The Drs gave me something for depression, but he had only taken 3 of them before all of this, so we will have to start all over again when he gets home.

Lyn

Bumping this up
    I am bumping this thread up. It is so cool and we have some new people here who might want to share where they are from as well as see the world wide support that they get when they post!!
    Kim
  • RushFan
    RushFan Member Posts: 224
    Options
    Kimba1505 said:

Bumping this up
    I am bumping this thread up. It is so cool and we have some new people here who might want to share where they are from as well as see the world wide support that they get when they post!!
    Kim

Texas
    We are in Cypress, Texas...just north of Houston.

Hal 61: I grew up in Visalia, CA. and I sure do miss Sequoia Natl. Park!!!
  • kimmygarland
    kimmygarland Member Posts: 312
    Options
    RushFan said:

Texas
    We are in Cypress, Texas...just north of Houston.

Hal 61: I grew up in Visalia, CA. and I sure do miss Sequoia Natl. Park!!!

Texas
    We are in Garland, Texas - a suburb of Dallas.
  • johnlax38
    johnlax38 Member Posts: 136
    Options
    Crofton , MD
    right in

Crofton , MD

right in between DC and Baltimore.
  • Skiffin16
    Options
    johnlax38 said:

Crofton , MD
    right in

Crofton , MD

right in between DC and Baltimore.

Added You....

Here's the link again;

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Tampa,+Hillsborough,+Florida&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=108290908437938654290.0004899d469e1599afb49

My kids grew up in Humble, my daughter and her mother still live in Spring, Texas

Nest,
    John
  • JUDYV5
    JUDYV5 Member Posts: 392
    Options
    Illinois
    Southwest suburb of Chicago. I grew up in central Illinois so go Cards - unless they are playing the Cubs.
  • Rita3710
    Rita3710 Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Cape Cod & Port St. Lucie, FL
    We are located in West Yarmouth on Cape Cod, Mass. and Port St. Lucie, Florida (45 minutes north of West Palm Beach). Our goal is summers on the Cape and winters in Florida...(it just hasn't happened yet!) Joe is being treated from Cape Cod Hospital and Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston. Nice to see where everyone is from!
  • johnlax38
    johnlax38 Member Posts: 136
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Added You....

Here's the link again;

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Tampa,+Hillsborough,+Florida&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=108290908437938654290.0004899d469e1599afb49

My kids grew up in Humble, my daughter and her mother still live in Spring, Texas

Nest,
    John

I'm on the map..woohoo...I'm
    I'm on the map..woohoo...I'm famous!

Great threat by the way ;)
  • Douglas08
    Douglas08 Member Posts: 18
    Options
    Kimba1505 said:

Bumping this up
    Kim

Illinois

West suburbs of Chicago. Husband native Chicagoan wife from Boston.

Nephew road in the Mass Challenge this weekend in honor of his Uncle to raise money for cancer research. They expect to raise 30 Million dollars this yr.
  • rush1958
    rush1958 Member Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Kansas
    I'm in Gardner, Kansas. It is a suburb of Kansas City.

I'm a born and raised rural Kansas boy.

Rush
  • lady4darknight
    lady4darknight Member Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    rush1958 said:

Kansas
    I'm in Gardner, Kansas. It is a suburb of Kansas City.

I'm a born and raised rural Kansas boy.

Rush

Southern Missouri
    Mountain Grove, Missouri..southern Ozarks...60 miles east of Springfield and 45 miles from Arkansas border.

Debbie
  • Skiffin16
    Options

Southern Missouri
    Mountain Grove, Missouri..southern Ozarks...60 miles east of Springfield and 45 miles from Arkansas border.

Debbie

Added
    Added the above...I believe I got the few of you today.

Best,
    John
  • CLRRN
    CLRRN Member Posts: 127
    Options
    Another Marylander....
    Reporting from Grasonville, MD (on Maryland's Eastern Shore)

35 min from Annapolis
  • Dragons7-7-2010
    Dragons7-7-2010 Member Posts: 79
    Options
    CLRRN said:

Another Marylander....
    Reporting from Grasonville, MD (on Maryland's Eastern Shore)

35 min from Annapolis

Texas - Jersey Girl
    I am a Jersey beach girl turned Texan as I was born and raised in central / south New Jersey near the beach. While I live in the Clear Lake area of Houston Texas (Webster TX if you are trying to put it on a map) now I am still a Jersey girl at heart.
    I miss the beaches of New Jersey, and Delaware and real Italian Pizza.... Once I am done treatment and I am back on food other than soup and yogurt, etc I think my reward will be a trip to NJ to sit on the beach and eat pizza or a real italian sub.