Hi... I am new

Options

Comments

• DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

Welcome
    Though, as others have said, I'm sorry for the reason that brought you here, I'm so glad you found this resource that has been a godsend to so many of us.

Please come back as often as you like to ask questions, vent, and share in the victories.

Cindy

Hi Jan and welcome! We are
    Hi Jan and welcome! We are here for you 24/7! Good luck!

Hugs, Diane
  • il2read2
    il2read2 Member Posts: 29
    Options

Hey Jan
    I am new too. Had diagnosis in Jan. and surgery in March, lumpectomy. I had my first chemo treatment today. I am not sure how much help I can be since I am new too. I can tell you this you did come to the right place there are wonderful ladies here. Best of luck and God Bless
    Boppy

Boppy,
    How was your chemo

Boppy,

How was your chemo treatment? I think the unknown is what makes me anxious.
  • il2read2
    il2read2 Member Posts: 29
    Options
    SunnieC said:

Where in Colorado are you Jan?
    I too am in Colorado and would be happy to be a support for you...

Sunnie

Sunnie,
    I would love for you

Sunnie,

I would love for you to be my Colorado support. What part of Colorado do you live? I live in Aurora, the very southeast corner, close to Southlands.
  • Marti R.
    Marti R. Member Posts: 2
    Options
    il2read2 said:

I do feel I have a wonderful
    I do feel I have a wonderful support system. However, I also feel that I have to be the strong one and don't really know how long I can last. I still haven't really cried even yet. Hope it will be okay to let my real feelings show here.

Thanks..
    Jan

"Have to be the strong one"
    My warmest greetings and heartfelt compassion to you as you go through your breast cancer journey!

I started my journey in January of this year. I have a great prognosis and expect to be just fine. I was told to "stay strong and positive" and so I did just that! I told everyone "it's really no big deal", "I'll be fine!", "I got off easy (no chemo)", and my favorite: "it's just a 'hint-o-cancer'"!!! Your comment in your post hit a nerve and I am now realizing that I have to allow myself to be vulnerable, to experience fear, to cry, and most of all, to give myself some time OFF. I have been trying to "proceed as normal" and in the process, others have taken me up on that and have figured I could just keep going with very little or no changes and no considerations made for what I am going through. In fact, I have allowed others (work, church, etc.) to actually expect more of me, give me more projects, expect more, etc., just because "I'm such a strong woman!"

I have made the decision, just within the past few days, that I am going to allow myself to be vulnerable, and to let go of some of the expectations and obligations that I have of myself, and that others have of me. That is why your post really hit me today, and I thank you so much for sharing. Stay strong and positive, yes...but be vulnerable and allow fears and tears...they are gifts from God! Tell others what you need, tell them specifically what they can do or have done that has been helpful, and allow yourself to be carried for awhile in the love and support of others!

Love and prayers to you!
    Marti R.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    il2read2 said:

Thank you for your warm
    Thank you for your warm welcome.

Jan

Just saying hi Jan and
    Just saying hi Jan and welcome!
  • DebbyM
    Options
    il2read2 said:

Thank you for your warm
    Thank you for your warm welcome.

Jan

Just saying hi Jan and
    Just saying hi Jan and welcome!
  • DebbyM
    Options
    Fabu said:

Hi Jan
    Jan,

I definetely know how overwhelming this experience can be. This board is wonderful. I had my double masectomy on 2/26 with reconstruction and have started chemo this past Tuesday.
    Everyone on this board is so kind and gracious and offer such wonderful support and advice.

Blessings to you and now you can always get on this wonderful board to vent and ask questions.

Want to say hi and welcome
    Want to say hi and welcome to you too Fabu!
  • BethInAz
    BethInAz Member Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    il2read2 said:

Boppy,
    How was your chemo

Boppy,

Welcome
    Jan, You've come to the right place for tons of good information, advice and support. Whatever questions you have you don't have to be timid with this group of ladies! They're awesome! The most caring, kind women you'll find.
    This journey is a head-spinning one - but will become one that will change you forever - in a good way. It will make you more outward caring and less selfish. It will make you aware that life can throw curves and we can deal with it. It will cause you to be thankful for the many little things in life. It will cause you to see the things around you in more vivid colors and with more joy. It will open up your heart to others like never before and give you greater empathy than you thought you could ever have. You will feel fear and anxiety but you will survive it and you will look back with humble pride and say "Wow! I did it!"
    My prayers will be with you throughout your journey.
    Blessings,
    Beth
  • SunnieC
    SunnieC Member Posts: 37
    Options
    il2read2 said:

Boppy,
    How was your chemo

Boppy,

Hi Jan
    I am in SW Littleton (very close to the mountains) - I know a little about Aurora as I used to work off 225/6th ave - please e-mail me and we'll make arrangements to get together and talk...

I hope chemo is going well for you - I'm finished with my chemo and have a lumpectomy scheduled for next Monday - I have radiation about 3 weeks after that...

Here's a big hug for you (((((((...)))))))

Health & Happieness
    Sunnie
  • jphilpo
    jphilpo Member Posts: 177
    Options
    new
    Hi Jan,

Welcome & I am sorry you had to join us. I am not a year in to my diagnosis, but I can't tell you how much it has meant to me to have all these wonderful ladies (and men, too) help us all through this. Please let us know how we can help, on good & bad days,. We will be here.

Hugs to you,

Jean
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Options
    jphilpo said:

new
    Hi Jan,

Welcome & I am sorry you had to join us. I am not a year in to my diagnosis, but I can't tell you how much it has meant to me to have all these wonderful ladies (and men, too) help us all through this. Please let us know how we can help, on good & bad days,. We will be here.

Hugs to you,

Jean

Hi Jan. Just dropping a
    Hi Jan. Just dropping a note to welcome you to the most wonderful site around, and to welcome you into the family. I truly believe that without this website, I don't know if I could have made it through treatment. My surgery (lympectomy) was April 2008, followed by six TAC chemo treatments, and 40 treatments of radiation, and through the following months I was guided by all of the wonderful people on this site who had either already passed me in treatment, or even inspired by those just starting treatment. The sisterhood we have here is like nothing else out there. When you have a question, someone here has experienced it, and will be happy to share their experience with you. Sometimes you think something is so insignificant, you don't want to ask, but believe me, when you are having the experience, nothing is too small. Your voice here is always heard, and you will find such solace and peace after you realize that there are so many of us here who have walked your path already. Life does happen after bc, and sometimes it takes a little longer for your personal journey than it has others. Everyone is unique, but hopefully you will find some peace of mind just keeping yourself involved in this website. Good wishes are headed your way. Please know that there is someone here for you 24/7.....mainly because there are different phases of treatment, and sometimes the computer is a good outlet in the middle of the night when you can't sleep. Prayers to you. Keep us up to date on your progress. Hugs. Judy
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    BethInAz said:

Welcome
    Jan, You've come to the right place for tons of good information, advice and support. Whatever questions you have you don't have to be timid with this group of ladies! They're awesome! The most caring, kind women you'll find.
    This journey is a head-spinning one - but will become one that will change you forever - in a good way. It will make you more outward caring and less selfish. It will make you aware that life can throw curves and we can deal with it. It will cause you to be thankful for the many little things in life. It will cause you to see the things around you in more vivid colors and with more joy. It will open up your heart to others like never before and give you greater empathy than you thought you could ever have. You will feel fear and anxiety but you will survive it and you will look back with humble pride and say "Wow! I did it!"
    My prayers will be with you throughout your journey.
    Blessings,
    Beth

Just saying welcome to you
    Just saying welcome to you and hi! This site is so wonderful and full of encouragement and info.

Sue :)
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Jan, I want to welcome you
    Jan, I want to welcome you to this amazing site full of amazing people. I finished my chemo and radiation on Christmas Eve last year. I am currently taking Arimidex and will for the next 5 years. The good news for you is that we will be here to help you through your treatments and support you as well. Just ask away and I can almost guarantee you that someone on this board has knowledge to offer. Good luck and post often.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

Hey Jan
    I am new too. Had diagnosis in Jan. and surgery in March, lumpectomy. I had my first chemo treatment today. I am not sure how much help I can be since I am new too. I can tell you this you did come to the right place there are wonderful ladies here. Best of luck and God Bless
    Boppy

Hi Boppy! And, welcome also.
    Hi Boppy! And, welcome also. Wishing you good luck with your chemo too!
  • NancyJane4
    NancyJane4 Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Welcome Jan.
    Just wanted to say your not alone and I wanted also to let you know there is life after cancer. You WILL get through this. Take it one day at a time. (coming from a 10 year bc Survivor, who had one breast removed, chemo and radiation). I will say a prayer for you :-)
  • NancyJane4
    Options
    Welcome Jan.
    Sorry, my computer froze..
  • NancyJane4
    Options
    Welcome Jan.
    Sorry, my computer froze
  • NancyJane4
    Options
    Welcome Jan.
    Sorry, my computer had a problem.. :-(
  • NancyJane4
    Options
    Welcome Jan.
    Sorry Jan for all of these message, had problems with posting this message..
  • jannie_
    jannie_ Member Posts: 12
    Options

Welcome Jan.
    Sorry, my computer froze..

jan, I know just where you
    jan, I know just where you are. I was diagnosed in March, mastectomy April 1 st..at first I was emotionally frozen, tears didn't come for about a month but when they did there has been no stopping them. My diagnosis is not so good though I was stage III when they found it. God bless you, I will pray for you, try to stay strong and trust in God.
    My
    My chemo starts in the morning at 10 o'clock.
    jannie_