my sister has breast cancer that has metastized to brain and lungs

Options

Comments

• Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    trabrat said:

Hospice nurse was here
    Hospice nurse was here yesterday, I asked her how long she thought she may have and she said 3-4 weeks. How am I going to let her go???
    She came into the kitchen today and I just lost it crying, we hugged and I told her I am going to miss her so much but I told her I would be ok and that I love her so much.

I pray for comfort for her. I am so sad. As I was holding her I told her that the lymph nodes in her neck are so big she said I know. Dear god she has suffered enough.
    She said Tracy I will always be with you.

Sending you prayers and
    Sending you prayers and strength!

Sue :)
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Options
    TRABAT - In My Prayers
    You and your sister are both in my heart and prayers. The hardest part of loving someone is letting them go, no matter the cause. I pray your heart will be soothed knowing you have done everything you can and valuing your time together.
  • Ritzy
    Options

TRABAT - In My Prayers
    You and your sister are both in my heart and prayers. The hardest part of loving someone is letting them go, no matter the cause. I pray your heart will be soothed knowing you have done everything you can and valuing your time together.

Still praying for your
    Still praying for your sister and for you! We are here to help you if you need it.

• trabrat
    trabrat Member Posts: 10
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Still praying for your
    Still praying for your sister and for you! We are here to help you if you need it.

well the nurse and chaplain
    well the nurse and chaplain were here today... they give my sister a couple days. She said she is ready to go to heaven and she is tired. She is at peace with herself and comfortable. Thanks everyone for all your thoughtfulness. I am going to miss her.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    trabrat said:

well the nurse and chaplain were here today... they give my sister a couple days. She said she is ready to go to heaven and she is tired. She is at peace with herself and comfortable. Thanks everyone for all your thoughtfulness. I am going to miss her.

Trabat
    my heart goes out to you and your sister. I am glad that found comfort and with you and your family. Sending my thoughts and prayers to your way.
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Options

Trabat
    my heart goes out to you and your sister. I am glad that found comfort and with you and your family. Sending my thoughts and prayers to your way.

I'm so sorry.
    I know how hard these last days will be. I'm glad that she is ready, that's very important. All you can do is give her the love she needs right now. I massaged my sister's feet, used lotion on her legs and arms and hands and gently moved them to try to keep her comfortable. PRAYERs and KISSES!
  • Third_Generation
    Third_Generation Member Posts: 121
    Options
    Mama G said:

I'm so sorry.
    I know how hard these last days will be. I'm glad that she is ready, that's very important. All you can do is give her the love she needs right now. I massaged my sister's feet, used lotion on her legs and arms and hands and gently moved them to try to keep her comfortable. PRAYERs and KISSES!

I love my sister so. She
    I love my sister so. She was the hardest to tell about my cancer as we were both at the hospital holding mom's hand when she died of lung cancer after her long fight through breast cancers. Bless you both.
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    trabrat said:

Bless you
    I can only imagine how hard it is for you, but it is good that your sister is at peace and not in pain.

We are here to support you whenever you need us.

You will both continue to be in my prayers.

Cindy
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    trabrat said:

My prayers are for your
    My prayers are for your sister and your family. I am so sorry.
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    trabrat said:

Sending you big hugs and
    Sending you big hugs and prayers! I can't imagine losing my sister.
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Options
    So sorry
    So sorry about ur sister and you too. Prayers for comfort and strength during this time for you both. Thoughts, prayers and hugs to you. Katz
  • Ritzy
    Options
    Mama G said:

I'm so sorry.

Prayers and hugs! I am so
    Prayers and hugs! I am so sorry

Sue
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Options
    Katz77 said:

So sorry
    So sorry about ur sister and you too. Prayers for comfort and strength during this time for you both. Thoughts, prayers and hugs to you. Katz

So Sorry
    My husband had a massive heart attack in 2000. He said that he went to a really tranquil place and really did not want to come back but it was not his time. He is still here with us and hopefully will be for a long while. Don't know if this will help or not but now he always says "Dieing is easy, It's the Living that is hard." I know your sister will be at peace and in a better place when it is her time to go.

Sending hugs and prayers for you.

Donna
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

So Sorry
    My husband had a massive heart attack in 2000. He said that he went to a really tranquil place and really did not want to come back but it was not his time. He is still here with us and hopefully will be for a long while. Don't know if this will help or not but now he always says "Dieing is easy, It's the Living that is hard." I know your sister will be at peace and in a better place when it is her time to go.

Sending hugs and prayers for you.

Donna

I am sorry about your
    I am sorry about your husband's heart attack Donna. Praying that he will have a full recovery.

Hugs, Megan
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Options
    Megan M said:

I am sorry about your
    I am sorry about your husband's heart attack Donna. Praying that he will have a full recovery.

Hugs, Megan

He is fine now
    My husband's heart attack was in 2000. He is doing fine now. Runs about 4 miles on the treadmill almost every day. I watch everything he eats and his doctor watches every thing else.

Thanks for the prayers.

Hugs

Donna
  • Ritzy
    Options

He is fine now
    My husband's heart attack was in 2000. He is doing fine now. Runs about 4 miles on the treadmill almost every day. I watch everything he eats and his doctor watches every thing else.

Thanks for the prayers.

Hugs

Donna

Sending you prayers that I
    Sending you prayers that I hope will give you some comfort in this sad time.

Sue
  • ms_independent
    ms_independent Member Posts: 214
    Options
    trabrat said:

so sorry
    I've been following your journey with your sister. You are lucky to have each other. I don't know how it is to loose a sister to cancer. Thank god my sister is a 2 time breast cancer survivor. I do know how it is to loose a mother to breast cancer. It was over 10 years ago---it still hurts and I still miss her. But, I can now take pleasure in the memories and enjoy talking about our lives together. I am so glad you are able to have this time together. There is some peace in helping her find peace and comfort.

Bless you both, you'll be in my prayers.

Hugs, El
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Katz77 said:

So sorry

Praying that you find some
    Praying that you find some comfort and peace.
  • XO143XO
    XO143XO Member Posts: 23
    Options
    I pray for both of you
    May God give you both the comfort and peace you need to get through this most difficult time in both your lives. Sisters are sisters forever. You cannot be separated...you watch over her now and she will watch over you until you meet again. My heart aches for both of you. Love is forever. I learned it the hard and painful way, but love IS forever in this universe.
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    trabrat said:

I am so very, very sorry.
    I am so very, very sorry. Knowing that your sister is at peace and comfortable has to make you feel somewhat better. You are a great sister! Please take care of yourself too!

Lex♥