Options
124»

Comments

• lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    dyaneb123 said:

Hey Janelle I just turned
    Hey Janelle I just turned 60. I too am from good Polish stock....My daughter lives in Chicago. Great town!
    Dee

Me too, I turned 60 last
    Me too, I turned 60 last October.
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    Options
    Skeezie said:

Hi Crselby,
    Your Dad sounds like a real neat guy, we all wish for his good genes! But cancer treatment has come a long way since your Mom, Aunt and Grandmother were dx. 20 or 30 years ago people got chemo and no Neulasta and when their WBC's dropped they had to stop chemo. My Mom died from colon cancer in 1984, if there had been Neulasta she mite have lived... So take heart, we are so much better off with the current treatments and early detection. You will probably be bowling and snow blowing at 88 too! I hope we all will be doing that too..

Hugs, Judy :-)

I'm 56 and counting backwards...
    since I feel better today than I did 4 years ago, when I was dx. Doing the math, that makes me only 52, right? If this new trend continues, I'll be only 32 in five more rounds. That was a great age, because that's when my one and only daughter--who has been my greatest gift, came into my life.

dmc
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

I Wonderd About Your Age
    Dear Jeanne,

Now I know. Your profile states your age as 19 or younger which I have wondered about more than once. To be so young and have such wisdom, I marveled at these qualities that you possess.

I tried to reply to your last posting on this thread, but for whatever reason, it would not allow me to respond to the one where you admitted to being in the Witness Protection Program. Was it government interference that prevented the access? That posting did bring a smile to my face.

Fondly,
    Janelle

LOL Janelle ♥
    Yes to your question. Sometimes the government does run interference in correspondence to me as they are trying to protect me so diligently. Are you Laughing?</♥</font>

Love, Jeanne ♥</♥</font>
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

Who dat?
    You may be the oldest but I have been battling the longest (I think). I was diagnosed in Feb 1987 and had bone mets last year. That's 23 yrs! Has anyone else had this disease that long? I'm going for 50 yrs ;-)

Who Dat and Happy Mardi Gras!

Welllllllllll
    I may be the longest to battle bc Cynthia. I first had bc in 1985. So, I have been battling it for 25 years. I truly wish that weren't true, but, I have lived my life to the fullest and will continue! I love life!</♥</font>

Love, Jeanne ♥</♥</font>
  • mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691
    Options
    I am 43 yrs, will be 44 in a

I am 43 yrs, will be 44 in a couple of months. Diagnosis at 43 yrs. Just had my haircut really short in preparation of chemo in a couple of weeks. Now I look like I am 12 yrs old according to my 10 yr daughter. Told her, in that case I could be her sister! Would be fun to shirk responsibility for a while might be good for my overall well being. Hmmm ...no school tomorrow, maybe we could pitch the tent in the living room, ready scary stories with a flashlight, eat candy, tell knock knock jokes and stay up late.
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options

I am 43 yrs, will be 44 in a

I am 43 yrs, will be 44 in a couple of months. Diagnosis at 43 yrs. Just had my haircut really short in preparation of chemo in a couple of weeks. Now I look like I am 12 yrs old according to my 10 yr daughter. Told her, in that case I could be her sister! Would be fun to shirk responsibility for a while might be good for my overall well being. Hmmm ...no school tomorrow, maybe we could pitch the tent in the living room, ready scary stories with a flashlight, eat candy, tell knock knock jokes and stay up late.

Proud - and grateful - to be 52
    45 when diagnosed.
  • canoegirl
    canoegirl Member Posts: 169
    Options

Proud - and grateful - to be 52
    45 when diagnosed.

An even 50
    I'm 50 and I don't feel old yet in spite of working with mostly people in their 30's. Someone has to be the oldest in the office. Seems like yesterday I was the youngest! (ok, it's been 25 years since I was the youngest) LOL
  • Golden Eyes
    Golden Eyes Member Posts: 7
    Options
    canoegirl said:

An even 50
    I'm 50 and I don't feel old yet in spite of working with mostly people in their 30's. Someone has to be the oldest in the office. Seems like yesterday I was the youngest! (ok, it's been 25 years since I was the youngest) LOL

I will be 54 in September. I was first dx at 47.. Now Stage IV We are ALL young! lol
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    old??
    Hi there,

I'm 57. Just diagnosed Friday. Waiting for MRI, waiting for PET scan, waiting for surgery, waiting to find out will it be chemo, radiation, both. So far, all I've "survived" is a diagnosis. I've checked out every breast cancer book the library has. And then I found all of you. I believe you more than the books.

Thanks for being here.
  • Tinabug
    Tinabug Member Posts: 158
    Options
    I'm 43 & was diagnosed at 43...same age my mom was when she died from breast cancer. I've always joked & said I'll live to be at least 100, because only the good die young...lol. I bumped into a guy that took me to his senior prom last Feb & we were married in Oct, so I feel like a teenager again.

I've enjoyed reading your posts...would love to meet the grandmother in NYC.
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    Options
    God bless us all!
    I'm 48 and was 47 when diagnosed. Before BC, I felt and looked like I was in my 30's. Since chemo, I feel & look like I'm 100, although not so because it sounds like Aimee's grandmother has got me beat. By the sounds of this board, it seems she could have a lot of attendees to her 101st birthday party :)) I am amazed by the beauty I see here, both inside & out. Sunrae has blown me away! I've seen many of your posts and pegged you to be around my age. God bless us all for fighting this battle and winning. May we all live long enough to ride the subway @ 100!
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options
    Marlene_K said:

God bless us all!
    I'm 48 and was 47 when diagnosed. Before BC, I felt and looked like I was in my 30's. Since chemo, I feel & look like I'm 100, although not so because it sounds like Aimee's grandmother has got me beat. By the sounds of this board, it seems she could have a lot of attendees to her 101st birthday party :)) I am amazed by the beauty I see here, both inside & out. Sunrae has blown me away! I've seen many of your posts and pegged you to be around my age. God bless us all for fighting this battle and winning. May we all live long enough to ride the subway @ 100!

So far it looks like I might
    So far it looks like I might have the dubious honor of being the oldest one here right now but I have heard of others who have had to battle cancer in their 80's and came thru ok, at least thats what my drs are telling me. Girls, you are all marvelous and beautiful at any age. We can beat bc and go on and have many more good years and that is my hope and prayer for all of you. I especially pray for all you younger ones who have had to do battle. Being young has some advantages and having more strength and energy certainly helps. But to have to face the beast while you still have families and so much more life to live takes a lot of courage, will power and faith. But you can and will overcome all this and have full lives ahead. I do plan on living quite a few more years myself. My son had his first baby last year. He told me he wants his son to get to know and love me for a long time to come. I told him I plan on giving him child-rearing advice for all those growing-up years. See, thats how it is going to be! Lets all grow old together (that means I'll still be the oldest but heck, who cares).
  • ukkatie
    ukkatie Member Posts: 1
    Options

It's Nice to Meet You, Too
    Mary Ann,
    I have asked if there are any local Chicagoland girls on this site. I got 3 responses. I find it hard to believe that there are only 3 on this site.

I am searching and searching and searching for an evening support group where we just talk. I finally found one - Evanston Hospital - Evanston, IL - Meets on the 2nd Wednesday from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m. I am going to attend this meeting this week.

I think somewhere I stated that I lived in Park Ridge.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle

What is age?
    Hello to everyone who has responded to Different Ballgame's age question. Like Cypress Cynthia I too will be 57 in March and am so glad for that, for what is the alternative? I was diagnosed just before Christmas 2008 and started treatment last year and really feel that 2009 passed in a haze of chemo/surgery/radiation and other stuff. I truly believe in chemobrain and hope that, as they say, this too will pass!! Chemo and radiation have played havoc with my body and my mind. You are all such wonderful women, so strong and retaining a sense of humor and I find that keeping a healthy attitude, loving life and being able to laugh at myself without wishing to minimize anything is something that appears to be difficult for some people I know to handle! I wish I lived in Chicago so that we could start our own support group for some fun and sharing. I am a Brit living in Sherman Oaks, CA, and if anyone is interested in getting together, please let me know. My email address is ukkatie@aol.com. Take care, everyone - you look and sound amazing.