Am I The Oldest One On This Site?

Options

Comments

• rrogers34
    rrogers34 Member Posts: 135
    Options
    51 going on 15
    My Dad asks me if I am ever going grow up. My response? Growing up is optional, and I opt not to grow up. LOL. It keeps me feeling young. This disease can be a pain in the tush, but it cannot take my souls, or my sense of humor. The day I act my age? That's when I and everyone else will begin to worry. God Bless
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    Sunrae said:

I think I might be the
    I think I might be the oldest one here, I'm just past 70. Most days I feel like a 40 year old, seems like that was my prime time. I have a lot of things to contend with, diabetes, asthma, high bp, fibromyalgia, glaucoma, and now bc but I'm determined to live each day to the fullest and keep looking ahead. I like to think I'm ageless but there are days when its not easy. My advice is "Never give in and Never give up". Just keep putting one foot in front of the other one. May we all have many more birthdays in the coming years.

Sunrae -
    If that is a recent picture of you, you look absolutely fabulous for 70. I hope I look that good! I will be 61 this year. I can't believe it either - I still feel like 25 mentally. The only thing that makes me feel old is the music - I don't understand the new stuff. LOL
    Pat
  • seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Birthdays are good!
    Janelle,
    I say birthdays are good! I had a professor in college who turned 50 and made sure everyone knew how upset she was about it. I had just found out my Sister (age 40 at the time) had BC at the time and got tired of her complaining, so I told her, "the way I see it, another Birthday is a good thing, and if you don't want one, you can do something about it." She quit complaining in my presence. My sister was a survivor for 6 years, and I am a 3 year survivor, currently age 45. More power to ya, all you lovely ladies!

seof

PS
    Skeezie, what are you doing with my cat in your tent? Seriously, they could be twins! Mine has a little "fish hook" of a tail, though. Not sure if she was born that way because she chose to end her life as a self-sufficient hunter and join our crew as an adult.
  • newbiefromcananda
    newbiefromcananda Member Posts: 234
    Options
    seof said:

Birthdays are good!
    Janelle,
    I say birthdays are good! I had a professor in college who turned 50 and made sure everyone knew how upset she was about it. I had just found out my Sister (age 40 at the time) had BC at the time and got tired of her complaining, so I told her, "the way I see it, another Birthday is a good thing, and if you don't want one, you can do something about it." She quit complaining in my presence. My sister was a survivor for 6 years, and I am a 3 year survivor, currently age 45. More power to ya, all you lovely ladies!

seof

PS
    Skeezie, what are you doing with my cat in your tent? Seriously, they could be twins! Mine has a little "fish hook" of a tail, though. Not sure if she was born that way because she chose to end her life as a self-sufficient hunter and join our crew as an adult.

38 here :)))))
    38 here fell like 100???lol
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    I'm 59. Diagnosed with
    I'm 59. Diagnosed with cancer when 52. Diagnosed with Parkinson's when 55.
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

I'm 59. Diagnosed with
    I'm 59. Diagnosed with cancer when 52. Diagnosed with Parkinson's when 55.

Hi Seof,
    Our little girl joined us at 5 weeks of age and her sister, all black 2 weeks later. Both really sweet kitties. Bootsie (original name huh..my husband named her lol )has a little white tip on her tail and her front paws are white "slip-ons" and her hind legs are "thigh-high" white boots. Your kitty could have some manx cat in her which could account for her stubby tail, but alas, she could be like one of our other kitties (now departed) who was an adult when we rescued her and half of an ear and half of her tail were missing from frost bite.

Don't ya just love 'em all?

Hugs, Judy :-)
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    Hi Janelle
    I'm 50 and feel good for my age, except for the chemo weeks. I think we all look great for our age, especially for all we've been through. I can't wait to feel better again.
  • teresa41
    teresa41 Member Posts: 471
    Options
    laurissa said:

Hi Janelle
    I'm 50 and feel good for my age, except for the chemo weeks. I think we all look great for our age, especially for all we've been through. I can't wait to feel better again.

im 42
    im 42 was 41 when diagnosed .
  • mom62
    mom62 Member Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    We are only as old as our last chemo or rads make us feel. LOL. I'm soon to be 48, was 41 during my first bout. I feel like a kids sometimes and then I'll feel like 100. Cancer has no age only survivors!
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options
    padee6339 said:

Sunrae -
    If that is a recent picture of you, you look absolutely fabulous for 70. I hope I look that good! I will be 61 this year. I can't believe it either - I still feel like 25 mentally. The only thing that makes me feel old is the music - I don't understand the new stuff. LOL
    Pat

Pat, thanks for the
    Pat, thanks for the compliment. My pic was taken in the last few months and I'm fortunate to have good skin, inherited from my parents. I've always had a lot of energy and garden a lot until lately. I think all you ladies look great too.
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Options
    mom62 said:

We are only as old as our last chemo or rads make us feel. LOL. I'm soon to be 48, was 41 during my first bout. I feel like a kids sometimes and then I'll feel like 100. Cancer has no age only survivors!

Janelle, thank you so much
    Janelle, thank you so much for starting this thread. I have often wondered just how old the board members were, but have not asked. Usually when these kind of things are posted, everyone will share information, and this is a fun thing to read. I turned 65 in September, and really don't feel as old as my years. Everyone looks so good, and I know you are enjoying life, no matter what your age. Congratulations to you all...really fun! Hugs, Judy
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

Janelle, thank you so much
    Janelle, thank you so much for starting this thread. I have often wondered just how old the board members were, but have not asked. Usually when these kind of things are posted, everyone will share information, and this is a fun thing to read. I turned 65 in September, and really don't feel as old as my years. Everyone looks so good, and I know you are enjoying life, no matter what your age. Congratulations to you all...really fun! Hugs, Judy

♥ Great thread Janelle ♥

And, I wish that I could offer my age up, but alas, I cannot, as I am in the Government Witness Protection Program as so many of you know and cannot reveal any personal information about myself. ( sigh )

But, let me say this in my best Billy Crystal immitation...

You All Look MARVELOUS!

Love, Jeanne ♥</♥</font>
  • Lynda53
    Lynda53 Member Posts: 210
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

ROFLMAO ☺
    HAHAHA! True Marcia! Thanks for the laugh!

Love, Jeanne ♥</♥</font>

or have a nice glass of wine in US,legally
    Peace
  • Lynda53
    Options
    Sunrae said:

Pat, thanks for the
    Pat, thanks for the compliment. My pic was taken in the last few months and I'm fortunate to have good skin, inherited from my parents. I've always had a lot of energy and garden a lot until lately. I think all you ladies look great too.

yo sunrae you look awesome
    truly awesome
    Peace
  • Lynda53
    Options
    Sunrae said:

Pat, thanks for the

yo sunrae you look awesome
    truly awesome,shucks.I had you younger than me
    Peace
  • Lynda53
    Options
    56 soon to be 57, ready to retire
    I'll decide on retirement after this beast crap is over.Same workplace 37 years.
    Peace.
  • Different Ballgame
    Options
    Sunrae said:

Pat, thanks for the

You Really Do Look Like You Are 40
    Boy!!! You have great genes. I can't believe your age because you look 30 years younger.

Fondly,
    Janelle
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Lynda53 said:

56 soon to be 57, ready to retire
    I'll decide on retirement after this beast crap is over.Same workplace 37 years.
    Peace.

I think everyone looks
    I think everyone looks really young for their age! I think you all have good genes!

Leeza
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181
    Options
    53 yrs. young.
    I just turned 53 and very proud of it.I was dignosed at 52.The same age my mother died of Cancer.I used to compain about getting older.but no more,I thank God for another year.(Pat).
  • Different Ballgame
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

♥ Age ♥
    The way I look at age is it is only a number. What really matters is how you feel!</♥</font>

Love, Jeanne ♥</♥</font>

I Wonderd About Your Age
    Dear Jeanne,

Now I know. Your profile states your age as 19 or younger which I have wondered about more than once. To be so young and have such wisdom, I marveled at these qualities that you possess.

I tried to reply to your last posting on this thread, but for whatever reason, it would not allow me to respond to the one where you admitted to being in the Witness Protection Program. Was it government interference that prevented the access? That posting did bring a smile to my face.

Fondly,
    Janelle