Am I The Oldest One On This Site?

Options

Comments

• austinsmom
    austinsmom Member Posts: 22
    Options
    ppurdin said:

53 yrs. young.
    I just turned 53 and very proud of it.I was dignosed at 52.The same age my mother died of Cancer.I used to compain about getting older.but no more,I thank God for another year.(Pat).

Hi, 49yrs, diagnosis at 47.
    Hi, 49yrs, diagnosis at 47. I feel much older with knee pain, and new aches and pains. Menapause sucks!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    Lynda53 said:

56 soon to be 57, ready to retire
    I'll decide on retirement after this beast crap is over.Same workplace 37 years.
    Peace.

lol Jeanne! Are you
    lol Jeanne! Are you really?

Sue :)
  • hamish1
    hamish1 Member Posts: 34
    Options
    67 .. in 4 mos. will be 68
    My age is what I tried to use as an excuse for not taking the chemo, after being told I needed it. I kept saying "that stuff will kill me, at my age". I told my daughter that, and she had a fit !! She's an R.N. at the Cancer Center I go to, and has to administer chemo everyday.. She says basically I'm healthy as a horse, and I didn't need to use my age as an excuse, because her oldest patient receiving chemo right now is 84, and doing great! So that made me feel much better.!!! And I know I am so blessed. I had total knee replacements 7 yrs. ago, and Carotid Surgery on one side, 8 yrs. ago.. That's it. No other health issues, except this BC that slipped in on me, and hopefully after I finish these last 2 chemo treatments, then radiation for a few weeks, I will be able to put this behind me also. Just want to stay well so I can continue to enjoy my beautiful grandchildren, and celebrate our 50th Wedding Anniversary in July with a return trip to Texas where we lived when we first got married.
  • Maize
    Maize Member Posts: 76
    Options
    hamish1 said:

67 .. in 4 mos. will be 68
    My age is what I tried to use as an excuse for not taking the chemo, after being told I needed it. I kept saying "that stuff will kill me, at my age". I told my daughter that, and she had a fit !! She's an R.N. at the Cancer Center I go to, and has to administer chemo everyday.. She says basically I'm healthy as a horse, and I didn't need to use my age as an excuse, because her oldest patient receiving chemo right now is 84, and doing great! So that made me feel much better.!!! And I know I am so blessed. I had total knee replacements 7 yrs. ago, and Carotid Surgery on one side, 8 yrs. ago.. That's it. No other health issues, except this BC that slipped in on me, and hopefully after I finish these last 2 chemo treatments, then radiation for a few weeks, I will be able to put this behind me also. Just want to stay well so I can continue to enjoy my beautiful grandchildren, and celebrate our 50th Wedding Anniversary in July with a return trip to Texas where we lived when we first got married.

63 as of 12/24/09
    I am 63 years old and feel 39. I haven't stated chemo yet. This may change after that. I feel really healthy except for the surgical spots. Let see how chemo will affect this:).
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    Who dat?
    You may be the oldest but I have been battling the longest (I think). I was diagnosed in Feb 1987 and had bone mets last year. That's 23 yrs! Has anyone else had this disease that long? I'm going for 50 yrs ;-)

Who Dat and Happy Mardi Gras!
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options

Who dat?
    You may be the oldest but I have been battling the longest (I think). I was diagnosed in Feb 1987 and had bone mets last year. That's 23 yrs! Has anyone else had this disease that long? I'm going for 50 yrs ;-)

Who Dat and Happy Mardi Gras!

P.S.
    I will be 57 in March.
  • NellieB853
    NellieB853 Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi Janelle,
    I turned 59 in

Hi Janelle,
    I turned 59 in January. I keep finding that everytime I turn a year older that the idea of what is old keeps moving further away. Maybe an even 100 is a good age to become old.
    Hope you have a great day.
    Hugs,
    Nell
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    Options

Hi Janelle,
    I turned 59 in

Hi Janelle,
    I turned 59 in January. I keep finding that everytime I turn a year older that the idea of what is old keeps moving further away. Maybe an even 100 is a good age to become old.
    Hope you have a great day.
    Hugs,
    Nell

Hey Janelle,
    Good job! This is a fun topic. I thought I was one of mayabe 3 or 4 of the "older" gals but surprise, surprise, I'm not.

Every day I look forward to seeing if there are any new comments and stories about age...

Hugs, Judy :-)
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    55 years young!!
    I'll be 56 on June 28th. I agree with the comment on not being considered "old" until at least 100!! LOL. It is amazing though that the older I get the older "old" becomes. You're only as old as you feel.
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

55 years young!!
    I'll be 56 on June 28th. I agree with the comment on not being considered "old" until at least 100!! LOL. It is amazing though that the older I get the older "old" becomes. You're only as old as you feel.

Hey Skeezie, do you know the
    Hey Skeezie, do you know the origin of your name? Just curious if there were any popular people around when you were named Judy? I was born during WWII, and Judy Canova was popular. My Mother's name was Julia, and they choose to go with Judy as my given name rather than Julia. There are popular names for each generation, and I guess I was the 40's. Hugs,

Judy
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Options

Hey Skeezie, do you know the
    Hey Skeezie, do you know the origin of your name? Just curious if there were any popular people around when you were named Judy? I was born during WWII, and Judy Canova was popular. My Mother's name was Julia, and they choose to go with Judy as my given name rather than Julia. There are popular names for each generation, and I guess I was the 40's. Hugs,

Judy

AGE is just a number....
    but I guess I have to tell.... just turned 60 in Dec. YUCK, can't believe it!
    I am the youngest one in my chemo group, though. Makes me feel like a kid when I go.
    I should say "went" now that it's over.

I feel about 39 most days. And sometimes I pass by a mirror and think, "Who is that old lady??? Can't be ME!!"
  • Skeezie
    Options
    Mama G said:

AGE is just a number....
    but I guess I have to tell.... just turned 60 in Dec. YUCK, can't believe it!
    I am the youngest one in my chemo group, though. Makes me feel like a kid when I go.
    I should say "went" now that it's over.

I feel about 39 most days. And sometimes I pass by a mirror and think, "Who is that old lady??? Can't be ME!!"

Hi Judy
    I was born Nov., 1942 and there was always at least one other Judy in my classes at school. I think it was a popular name back then. My actual name is: Judith Lynne, my mother thought it sounded "musical". lol She didn't belive in nicknames so she and then the whole family called me Judith or Judith Lynne except my brother who called me Judy cause he was called "John Richard" by you know who. I hated it until I became an adult and then I loved it cause it was what my mother called me...but only my mother, other than that is was Judy and all the other nicknames that go along with it. Did you get sick of hearing Cary Grant's Judy, Judy, Judy?

I have met a couple of girls 20 years or so younger named Judy and it surprised me. Just like all the old names that are poplular now, I'm sure our name will rise again!

• survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Lynda53 said:

or have a nice glass of wine in US,legally
    Peace

LOL Lynda!

LOL Lynda!
  • contrail
    contrail Member Posts: 129
    Options
    68 Tomorrow!
    Wow! It's great to know there are so many of us in our 60's and 70's. I've always thought I was the oldest on here, because there are so many women in there 30's, 40's and 50's. It's difficult for me to believe I'll be 68 tomorrow, but it's true. Where did all the years go? Anyway, let's all celebrate who we are, because I think this has to be the greatest and strongest group of women I have ever known, and I am proud to know you, no matter what our ages are. Thanks for all the help and advice you have given me over the last six months. Connie
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    contrail said:

68 Tomorrow!
    Wow! It's great to know there are so many of us in our 60's and 70's. I've always thought I was the oldest on here, because there are so many women in there 30's, 40's and 50's. It's difficult for me to believe I'll be 68 tomorrow, but it's true. Where did all the years go? Anyway, let's all celebrate who we are, because I think this has to be the greatest and strongest group of women I have ever known, and I am proud to know you, no matter what our ages are. Thanks for all the help and advice you have given me over the last six months. Connie

Connie,
    A big happy birthday

Connie,
    A big happy birthday tomorrow for you. I hope you have a wonderful day celebrating. And lots of cake and ice cream. And gifts, lots of gifts. The gift of health, the gift of life, the gift of laughter, the gift of love, the gift of family and friends and the gift of faith. And more, lots more.
    Stef
  • maryannrogers
    maryannrogers Member Posts: 115
    Options
    I am 65. I used to live on
    I am 65. I used to live on the southwest side of Chicago but moved to Fox Lake when I was 18. It's nice to meet you.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    Lynda53 said:

56 soon to be 57, ready to retire
    I'll decide on retirement after this beast crap is over.Same workplace 37 years.
    Peace.

Lol Jeanne! I love your
    Lol Jeanne! I love your imitation!

Hugs, Debby
  • Different Ballgame
    Options

I am 65. I used to live on
    I am 65. I used to live on the southwest side of Chicago but moved to Fox Lake when I was 18. It's nice to meet you.

It's Nice to Meet You, Too
    Mary Ann,
    I have asked if there are any local Chicagoland girls on this site. I got 3 responses. I find it hard to believe that there are only 3 on this site.

I am searching and searching and searching for an evening support group where we just talk. I finally found one - Evanston Hospital - Evanston, IL - Meets on the 2nd Wednesday from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m. I am going to attend this meeting this week.

I think somewhere I stated that I lived in Park Ridge.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle
  • crselby
    crselby Member Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    my father's genes
    I was 57 last June when I got the diagnosis and have had my 58th birthday since then. At 57 my mother was diagnosed with the bone marrow cancer that eventually killed her 5 years later. So, I hope I get more than 5 years, since my cancer was only DCIS. Her sister, my aunt, died of lung cancer at 63. Her mother, my grandmother, was dead of colon cancer by 59. So I'm hoping I have my father's side genes where my grandmother and great grandmothers were in their 90's! Currently my father is 88 and almost healthier than I am! He dances; bowls twice a week, shoots skeet, pistol and 22 once a week; drives himself everywhere with no problems; still has all his own teeth and hair (white, but plentiful); cooks for himself from scratch; has a nice house; snow blows his driveway.... see what I mean? I hope I follow in HIS footsteps!
  • Skeezie
    Options
    crselby said:

my father's genes
    I was 57 last June when I got the diagnosis and have had my 58th birthday since then. At 57 my mother was diagnosed with the bone marrow cancer that eventually killed her 5 years later. So, I hope I get more than 5 years, since my cancer was only DCIS. Her sister, my aunt, died of lung cancer at 63. Her mother, my grandmother, was dead of colon cancer by 59. So I'm hoping I have my father's side genes where my grandmother and great grandmothers were in their 90's! Currently my father is 88 and almost healthier than I am! He dances; bowls twice a week, shoots skeet, pistol and 22 once a week; drives himself everywhere with no problems; still has all his own teeth and hair (white, but plentiful); cooks for himself from scratch; has a nice house; snow blows his driveway.... see what I mean? I hope I follow in HIS footsteps!

Hi Crselby,
    Your Dad sounds like a real neat guy, we all wish for his good genes! But cancer treatment has come a long way since your Mom, Aunt and Grandmother were dx. 20 or 30 years ago people got chemo and no Neulasta and when their WBC's dropped they had to stop chemo. My Mom died from colon cancer in 1984, if there had been Neulasta she mite have lived... So take heart, we are so much better off with the current treatments and early detection. You will probably be bowling and snow blowing at 88 too! I hope we all will be doing that too..