Where do you live and how cold is it?

Options

Comments

• dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Options
    jk1952 said:

Syracuse, NY

Syracuse, NY and it's now 8 degrees. Last night I stopped at the drug store for about 15 minutes and enough snow accumulated in that time that I had to brush my car off again. We have had about 3 feet of snow in January.

Joyce

Gatlinburg Tennessee
    Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...about 15 degrees here the last few days. Very cold for us. We're wimps in the winter...a little ice and snow and we hole up until it goes away.Nice for us school teachers though....no school!
  • Taina
    Taina Member Posts: 166
    Options
    jk1952 said:

Syracuse, NY

Syracuse, NY and it's now 8 degrees. Last night I stopped at the drug store for about 15 minutes and enough snow accumulated in that time that I had to brush my car off again. We have had about 3 feet of snow in January.

Joyce

cool and cold....thanks everyone..
    I live in Tampa, Florida...
    My 22 y.o. daughter wants help drive her friend
    to Pennsylvania since she's moving back home.
    I told them they are crazy to do this....
    they should wait when the weather is better...
    My daughter has never seen snow so she think
    is going to be a cool trip....
    I pray for them to change there mind and wait....
    please pray for them and me.....
    thanks
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    Options
    Cindy54 said:

Cold
    Outside Erie, in Lake City Pa. Over 32 inches of snow on the ground and 14 degrees. We are a hardy bunch here!

Cindy...
    Oh my, that's a heck of a lot of snow! I was complaing about a mere 7 inches here in MI. I'm not quite so hardy!
    dmc
  • dmc_emmy
    Options
    dyaneb123 said:

Gatlinburg Tennessee
    Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...about 15 degrees here the last few days. Very cold for us. We're wimps in the winter...a little ice and snow and we hole up until it goes away.Nice for us school teachers though....no school!

dyaneb...you're not too far from my folks and lil' brother
    My folks live in Townsend ("the peaceful side of the mountains") and my brother lives in Franklin. My parents were complaining of 30 degree weather the other day and I told them that I would gladly take it. I was the only fool in the family who moved North and I cannot wait to return to my roots (a native Southerner from AK).

Enjoy your days off (I remember those days).:)

Yesterday, I drove to work on untreated backroads after an all-night snowfall. It took me almost 2 hours to drive the 45-minute commute. NO FUN!

dmc
  • dmc_emmy
    Options
    Taina said:

cool and cold....thanks everyone..
    I live in Tampa, Florida...
    My 22 y.o. daughter wants help drive her friend
    to Pennsylvania since she's moving back home.
    I told them they are crazy to do this....
    they should wait when the weather is better...
    My daughter has never seen snow so she think
    is going to be a cool trip....
    I pray for them to change there mind and wait....
    please pray for them and me.....
    thanks

Today in MI...
    it's suppose to be a high of 9 degrees, not calculating the wind-chill factor. NO ONE is outside!

Tell your daughter I will send her a pix of the snow in my front yard. Better yet, ask Cindy to send a pix--she'd probably change her mind!

Now, in MI of all places, I went into a store that SELLS snow. No joke! You can buy snow and all you have to do is "add water." What idiot invented that one? Just go outside---there's plenty of it!!

LOL

dmc
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Options
    43 and Dropping
    28 miles south of Miami, FL

Donna
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Options
    How's this for a snow in Tennessee
    10 degrees and 5 feet of snow! I am actually hot in this hot tub.
  • newbiefromcananda
    newbiefromcananda Member Posts: 234
    Options
    Ontario, Canada -18 degrees
    Hi evryone.. well it is -18 out today and we live on the lake so we are going ice fishing :)can I come and visit some of you who have nice warm weather :) xoxxoxoo Lisa
  • Jacque101
    Jacque101 Member Posts: 75
    Options
    dyaneb123 said:

Gatlinburg Tennessee

Tennessee
    9 degrees this morning...heat wave next week - high 30's.
    Ice and snow...but less than an inch. Schools are closed...yep, it's nice to have a snow day.
    Dyaneb...I can see your mountains from my house. I've done my share of teaching too
  • Jacque101
    Jacque101 Member Posts: 75
    Options
    dmc_emmy said:

dyaneb...you're not too far from my folks and lil' brother
    My folks live in Townsend ("the peaceful side of the mountains") and my brother lives in Franklin. My parents were complaining of 30 degree weather the other day and I told them that I would gladly take it. I was the only fool in the family who moved North and I cannot wait to return to my roots (a native Southerner from AK).

Enjoy your days off (I remember those days).:)

Yesterday, I drove to work on untreated backroads after an all-night snowfall. It took me almost 2 hours to drive the 45-minute commute. NO FUN!

dmc

DMC
    We are near your folks too. We camp in Townsend and Pigeon Forge all the time. Do your folks have a large, large driveway with elect and water connections? :)
  • dmc_emmy
    Options
    Jacque101 said:

DMC
    We are near your folks too. We camp in Townsend and Pigeon Forge all the time. Do your folks have a large, large driveway with elect and water connections? :)

Jacque
    My parents live about 10 minutes, or so, from "downtown" Townsend. They have about 1 acre with their home and a guest house on their property. My dad built both of them himself (their home was built from trees that my father downed at the age of about 70). The guest house he started from remnants of a house trailer, then added on from there.

Because of all the trees, there's not much parking space, but they make do when the kids all come over. I only get down there once a year, during the summer, and stay for a few days. There's riding stable not far from them. You probably know the area.

They use to go to PF often, but now they are 85 and 90 and don't have the energy they once had in their younger years (70's) :).

dmc
  • dmc_emmy
    Options
    Jadie said:

How's this for a snow in Tennessee
    10 degrees and 5 feet of snow! I am actually hot in this hot tub.

That would make a great ad---
    for a hot tub company! You should consider marketing it. LOL
    dmc
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    It's been brutal here!
    Last night is was -17F. On the prairie just east of the Black Hills. I can't remember the last day it was above 32! Mostly in the 0's and minus's since before Christmas. We've lived here since '94 and this is by far the most brutal winter we've had. Actually it's been below normal beginning last spring with the year ending as the 3rd coldest on record. This year is starting out even worse. We are supposed to get a few days starting tomorrow above 32 though - not hold my breath thought.
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    Rague said:

It's been brutal here!
    Last night is was -17F. On the prairie just east of the Black Hills. I can't remember the last day it was above 32! Mostly in the 0's and minus's since before Christmas. We've lived here since '94 and this is by far the most brutal winter we've had. Actually it's been below normal beginning last spring with the year ending as the 3rd coldest on record. This year is starting out even worse. We are supposed to get a few days starting tomorrow above 32 though - not hold my breath thought.

Can I say BRRRRRRRRRRR? ☻
    I think the actual temp is 0 and with the windchill it is 15 to 25 below zero! So, it is cold! Thank goodness for our windbreak as it blocks most of the wind, so, our house stays warm. I posted pics of the snow/blizzard we had on my Expressions Page. We just go with the flow. After all, it is winter! So, get the fireplace going and get your hot cup of cocoa and enjoy! Be safe and stay warm!

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

Can I say BRRRRRRRRRRR? ☻
    I think the actual temp is 0 and with the windchill it is 15 to 25 below zero! So, it is cold! Thank goodness for our windbreak as it blocks most of the wind, so, our house stays warm. I posted pics of the snow/blizzard we had on my Expressions Page. We just go with the flow. After all, it is winter! So, get the fireplace going and get your hot cup of cocoa and enjoy! Be safe and stay warm!

Love, Jeanne ♥

I LOVE your attitude!!!! And your pics!!!
    I went even one step further....It was snowing, and the wind was blowing it sideways(!), but still, as you can see from my new pic, I was skating on the canal out in front of the house!!!

Sure, I had on thermal underwear, and 2 pairs of thick socks...and a sweater and a ski jacket...but it was sooooooo much fun!!!!!! Oh, and a thick pair of gloves, and a hat and muffler...(makes going to the bathroom an hour-long experience...lol!).

Hugs, Kathi
  • boppel
    boppel Member Posts: 26
    Options
    Cold!!!!
    Hi I live in the hills of Western NY, it was 9 degrees this morning , has warmed up to 18 now, lots of snow, gonna get cold tonight again !!! Stay warm everyone, put another log on the fire.
    Lol em :)
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options
    boppel said:

Cold!!!!
    Hi I live in the hills of Western NY, it was 9 degrees this morning , has warmed up to 18 now, lots of snow, gonna get cold tonight again !!! Stay warm everyone, put another log on the fire.
    Lol em :)

Gray & Rainy at times, as usual~
    ~that is what keeps Washington the "Evergreen" state~ along with all those evergreen tree's. Temps fluctuate between 40's & 50's. We even saw blue skies peeking out this morning. They have long been gone now. I am in Fircrest, a tiny bedroom community in the city limits of Tacoma. I was born here~then the family moved to Gig Harbor, just across the Narrows Bridge~and now have raised my family here for 21 years! Quaint and lovely, very family oriented.
    I feel for anyone having to travel in bad weather to go for treatments, I have thought of you all often wondering how you have gotten along with winter weather~
    Melanie
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    San Antonio area
    San Antonio area got to 17 degrees last night. The kitchen cold water line was frozen this morning but started flowing about 10. The sun is out and it hits that side of the house and must have thawed it out. That is the only line that is on an outside wall. Tonight is supposed to be more of the same so we might leave it drip. Altho this house has those plastic flex lines and they aren't supposed to break as easily.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options

Gray & Rainy at times, as usual~
    ~that is what keeps Washington the "Evergreen" state~ along with all those evergreen tree's. Temps fluctuate between 40's & 50's. We even saw blue skies peeking out this morning. They have long been gone now. I am in Fircrest, a tiny bedroom community in the city limits of Tacoma. I was born here~then the family moved to Gig Harbor, just across the Narrows Bridge~and now have raised my family here for 21 years! Quaint and lovely, very family oriented.
    I feel for anyone having to travel in bad weather to go for treatments, I have thought of you all often wondering how you have gotten along with winter weather~
    Melanie

My niece/daughter will be
    My niece/daughter will be touching down at Sea-Tac in about half an hour~ she will be visting her actual mom ( my sister) who lives in Everett! We definately checked the 7 day forecast for the Seattle area, as we live just outside So Cal at the beginning of Central California, namely Santa Barbara county. It is cold here at night, it does actually freeze, and it is rather overcast today, but it will still be in the 70's.
    I lived in Germany for over 20 years, and the weather there is EXACTLY like Seattle~ though I love the green forests, I can't say that I miss the never-ending rain and snow!
    I admit it, California has spoiled me!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

San Antonio area
    San Antonio area got to 17 degrees last night. The kitchen cold water line was frozen this morning but started flowing about 10. The sun is out and it hits that side of the house and must have thawed it out. That is the only line that is on an outside wall. Tonight is supposed to be more of the same so we might leave it drip. Altho this house has those plastic flex lines and they aren't supposed to break as easily.

It is just a little above 0
    It is just a little above 0 here and it is cold! Maybe this is weird, but, I like winter. I just think these kind of temps are dangerous, so, I wish it would warm up to at least freezing. I think it will by next week.

I saw your blizzard pics Jeanne. YIKES! lol

Sue :)