◄ ◄◄ ◄ ◄WARNING ►► ► ► ►

Options

Comments

• Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    pgrace35 said:

Thanks Alexis
    That really bums me out there are people out there who would do this! Thanks for the info, greatly appreciated.

There have been new ones
    There have been new ones this week everyone. Flag them if you see them for Greta. I think that with the holidays they are getting more frequent too. It bums me out too Grace.

Sue :)
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    pgrace35 said:

Thanks Alexis
    That really bums me out there are people out there who would do this! Thanks for the info, greatly appreciated.

You're welcome Grace!
    You are welcome Grace. I knew that the new ones on the site wouldn't even think that this can happen and it has.

Lex♥
  • Ritzy
    Options
    Alexis F said:

You're welcome Grace!
    You are welcome Grace. I knew that the new ones on the site wouldn't even think that this can happen and it has.

Lex♥

Another one :(
    I bumped this up as there is a new spammer/solicitor on the site. The breastcancerdepression or Do you want to help women with depression has been flagged for CSN to delete. Please do not respond to those type of posts. They are not allowed to be on the discussion threads. Just thought everyone might need a reminder that even though this discussion thread is for bc survivors to post. It is still the internet, open to everyone, good or bad. And, there are some bad people out there that try to take advantage of us.

• Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

Thanks for the post. It is
    Thanks for the post. It is sad to have to think this way, but everyone is right, there are some bad people out there. Use caution and good judgement.
    Julie

Thanks for telling us about
    Thanks for telling us about this.

Megan
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Great detective work, Lex!!!
    Yeah, over the years, we've had some pretty intricate scams...sigh...

If I'm on, and I wince at a post, I usually report it, flag it, and shoot an e-mail to CSN support...

If they are asking for money, or your help in a research study, these are to be investigated...most of the time, these scammers don't take the time to fill in their 'about me' page, as well as being new...in chat, the room sort of goes silent when one comes on...and the 'chat police' (usually the old-timers) start questioning about why the new one is here...again, don't be offended, we have just been around the block a bit longer...

Hugs, Kathi
  • TLynn0102
    TLynn0102 Member Posts: 86
    Options
    KathiM said:

If I'm on, and I wince at a post, I usually report it, flag it, and shoot an e-mail to CSN support...

If they are asking for money, or your help in a research study, these are to be investigated...most of the time, these scammers don't take the time to fill in their 'about me' page, as well as being new...in chat, the room sort of goes silent when one comes on...and the 'chat police' (usually the old-timers) start questioning about why the new one is here...again, don't be offended, we have just been around the block a bit longer...

Hugs, Kathi

Thanks for the warning!
    Thank you for the warnings. It makes me angry that people actually take advantage of sites like this or situations to profit for themselves. I see this on the news every now and then and it just makes me mad. A few years ago I was a victim of ID theft and after years of cleaning up the mess the person left me I realized that you just cannot trust everyone all of the time. I also no longer order anything over the phone! :-)
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options
    Good point,thanks for the
    Good point,thanks for the reminder.
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Another one :(
    I bumped this up as there is a new spammer/solicitor on the site. The breastcancerdepression or Do you want to help women with depression has been flagged for CSN to delete. Please do not respond to those type of posts. They are not allowed to be on the discussion threads. Just thought everyone might need a reminder that even though this discussion thread is for bc survivors to post. It is still the internet, open to everyone, good or bad. And, there are some bad people out there that try to take advantage of us.

Thanks for letting me know.
    Thanks for letting me know. That is horrible that someone would come on a cancer site and do this, but like you said, it is still the internet. Thank you again!

Megan
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    Eil4186 said:

Good point,thanks for the
    Good point,thanks for the reminder.

You are all welcome. They
    You are all welcome. They show up every now and again on here and I just don't want anyone hurt or taken advantage of. You should always flag their comments and send an email to CSN when you feel a post is not right or against the rules here. Take care!

Lex♥
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    Thank You
    Wow. I never thought about what you described. Sometimes, I can't believe the harm people will do because I don't think that way. To have people prey on cancer patients is just sickens my stomach. Thanks for watching out for us.

P
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    aztec45 said:

Thank You
    Wow. I never thought about what you described. Sometimes, I can't believe the harm people will do because I don't think that way. To have people prey on cancer patients is just sickens my stomach. Thanks for watching out for us.

P

Glad this is up again as I
    Glad this is up again as I have seen a few lately on here that shouldn't have been. They were flagged and apparently, Greta took them off. Thanks for the reminder again!

Angie
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Ritzy said:

There have been new ones
    There have been new ones this week everyone. Flag them if you see them for Greta. I think that with the holidays they are getting more frequent too. It bums me out too Grace.

Thanks for telling us about
    Thanks for telling us about this.
  • Ritzy
    Options
    Angie2U said:

Glad this is up again as I
    Glad this is up again as I have seen a few lately on here that shouldn't have been. They were flagged and apparently, Greta took them off. Thanks for the reminder again!

Angie

New ones :(
    There are some new ones on. Please flag them and email CSN and let them know. Greta will remove them. And, don't reply to flagged posts. It just puts them back at the top.

• radhika60
    radhika60 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you
    I am new to this site.Gald to note the warning!
  • austinsmom
    austinsmom Member Posts: 22
    Options
    radhika60 said:

Thank you
    I am new to this site.Gald to note the warning!

THANK YOU
    Thank you for the warning, I really appreciate it and will keep my eyes open. I am not that computer savay, and really can't type that well.
    Those cute animated animals are so cute a lot of you gals have.
  • kidsandliz
    kidsandliz Member Posts: 9
    Options
    KathiM said:

Hugs, Kathi

good reasons not to put personal information on the about me pag
    Kathi - Actually there might be good reasons not to put personal information on the about me page.

Last time I had breast cancer (6.5 years ago in the other breast) I got fired from my job. I'd just as soon not post identifying information on a public forum. On a yahoo breast cancer list I am on someone I know is on there and I didn't know she was on there.

I get the point about spammers, etc. I run a yahoo list with 5400+ people on it. It is an ongoing battle to keep the spammers off.

Liz
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

good reasons not to put personal information on the about me pag
    Kathi - Actually there might be good reasons not to put personal information on the about me page.

Last time I had breast cancer (6.5 years ago in the other breast) I got fired from my job. I'd just as soon not post identifying information on a public forum. On a yahoo breast cancer list I am on someone I know is on there and I didn't know she was on there.

I get the point about spammers, etc. I run a yahoo list with 5400+ people on it. It is an ongoing battle to keep the spammers off.

Liz

They can't fire you now
    No one can fire you from your job because of breast cancer now. We are protected in the American Disability's Act. Sorry it happened to you back then.

HUGS!
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

THANK YOU
    Thank you for the warning, I really appreciate it and will keep my eyes open. I am not that computer savay, and really can't type that well.
    Those cute animated animals are so cute a lot of you gals have.

I have seen a few lately on
    I have seen a few lately on here, just this week even. Never send money to someone on here posting because they say they need help. If they need support, they will get it here, lots of it, but, not financial. Like Lex said, it usually comes from a new poster, not one that has been here for awhile. And they like to pull up old posts and add to them.

Debby
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    Options
    WARNING SHOULD BE POSTED MONTHLY
    Lex,

I am new. Joined this month. There were a number of things that I did not understand, but as I continue to read on this site, I am getting smarter.

I think your Warning is fantastic, especially for the newbies, and I feel it should be posted once a month just for those newbies who join. The thought never entered my mind about the bad people.

Thank you very much for taking the time to educate us and warn us.

Fondly,
    Janelle, a Newbie
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    I'm a Newbie, too!
    Yikes! Who'd a thunk there would be such nasty, sly people? I just saw a post that was flagged. I am so glad that this was brought up again, I never would have suspected....

Sue