Options

Comments

• survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

This is a wonderful site
    This is a wonderful site Lety. You just have to remember like everyone said that it is still the world wide web and anyone can be on it, not just real bc survivors. The bad ones are a small percentage. Just be cautious, but, still use the site as there is so much here for you in help and support!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Shhhhhh.........
    I used my own judgement and didn't tell my "Police Sargent Detective" hubby (even worse! He looks for clues! LOL). But he did say that the friends I have been talking to all year, I could probably use my own judgement and be fine.
    But I did spill the beans that I gave my address to chenhart and so if he came home from work and found me murdered, kidnapped, or scammed, his first clue should be to look for a 50ft women leaving town.....what do you think he meant when he said I would look good in a new white coat?
    Pammy

being 50' has its disadvantages...sigh!
    You are actually safe with me, Pammy~ I am so not able to sneak in or out ANYWHERE without drawing attention to myself! Well, there was that one summer when I hung out with a group of hot guys on stilts, but that's a summer of stories for a different site! HAHAHAHAHA!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options

This is a wonderful site
    This is a wonderful site Lety. You just have to remember like everyone said that it is still the world wide web and anyone can be on it, not just real bc survivors. The bad ones are a small percentage. Just be cautious, but, still use the site as there is so much here for you in help and support!

Thank you for posting this
    Thank you for posting this Lex. It is something that we all need to know.

I saw that spammer the other day on here. Thanks to you Greta for removing them so quickly.

Angie
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    Angie2U said:

Thank you for posting this
    Thank you for posting this Lex. It is something that we all need to know.

I saw that spammer the other day on here. Thanks to you Greta for removing them so quickly.

Angie

This is a great posting
    This is a great posting Alexis! Thanks for doing it!

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    DianeBC said:

This is a great posting
    This is a great posting Alexis! Thanks for doing it!

Hugs, Diane ♥

Lex, thanks for warning all
    Lex, thanks for warning all of us. I know there are bad people on the internet. You just hate to think that some might be here, but, there are. And, thank you Greta for deleting the newest spammer that was on. I hate that.

Debby
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    DebbyM said:

Lex, thanks for warning all
    Lex, thanks for warning all of us. I know there are bad people on the internet. You just hate to think that some might be here, but, there are. And, thank you Greta for deleting the newest spammer that was on. I hate that.

Debby

One on today
    I see that there is another one the site today. Her post is flagged, so, Greta will remove it. Hope everyone has seen this warning of yours Lex. It is a good thing!

Sue :)
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    Ritzy said:

One on today
    I see that there is another one the site today. Her post is flagged, so, Greta will remove it. Hope everyone has seen this warning of yours Lex. It is a good thing!

Sue :)

I think everyone needs to
    I think everyone needs to really understand what could happen. It is against the terms and conditions to solicit on here, even information. So, if someone is on here, like there is or was today, saying to email them for study material or whatever, it could be a bad scam. You could send them your email addy and they send you a virus. I hope I explained that right lol

Angie
  • Maize
    Maize Member Posts: 76
    Options
    Thanks!
    We all need to be reminded that all that glitter is not gold. Thanks for the warning.
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options
    Maize said:

Thanks!
    We all need to be reminded that all that glitter is not gold. Thanks for the warning.

Would it be possible for
    Would it be possible for someone to warn the rest of us whenever you see a scammer here, like posting their name or something? I'm fairly new and tend to read as many of the posts as I can. I wasn't on today and just came on this pm. I guess the threat is over for now and their post has been removed. Thanks again for letting us know when this is happening.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    Sunrae said:

Would it be possible for
    Would it be possible for someone to warn the rest of us whenever you see a scammer here, like posting their name or something? I'm fairly new and tend to read as many of the posts as I can. I wasn't on today and just came on this pm. I guess the threat is over for now and their post has been removed. Thanks again for letting us know when this is happening.

I have been a member of csn
    I have been a member of csn since last April. There was two fakes that I know of and they were removed from the site. It's hard to believe that someone would fake having Cancer, but there out there. You will figure it out when you are being coned. It does not take to long before they say something that will have you questioning there honesty.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    Sunrae said:

Would it be possible for

Usually the post is flagged
    Usually the post is flagged Sunrae by someone that has seen the fakes before. The post today had been flagged. We normally don't put their name out there, rather flag the post. Just realize that if they say they are here for data or w/e and want you to email them, that it #1 against the policy here and #2 could be up to no good, as in sending you a virus or stealing your personal data. Just use caution. What Lex wrote was perfect.

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Maize said:

Thanks!

I know Maize. I wouldn't
    I know Maize. I wouldn't have believed it either, but, I have seen it on here, just as recently as yesterday. Someone was on here saying they were in a study and wanted info from bc survivors so please email them. I even saw a couple the other day that offered to pay money in their post if you emailed them and participated. We are not saying that these aren't legitimate, but, I am about 100% sure that they aren't. If they are flagged, which shows at the bottom right of that person's post, just ignore it. Like Maize says, all that glitters is not gold.

Leeza
  • Sunrae
    Options
    jnl said:

I know Maize. I wouldn't
    I know Maize. I wouldn't have believed it either, but, I have seen it on here, just as recently as yesterday. Someone was on here saying they were in a study and wanted info from bc survivors so please email them. I even saw a couple the other day that offered to pay money in their post if you emailed them and participated. We are not saying that these aren't legitimate, but, I am about 100% sure that they aren't. If they are flagged, which shows at the bottom right of that person's post, just ignore it. Like Maize says, all that glitters is not gold.

Leeza

I just saw something on the
    I just saw something on the Expressions by a man who is selling color prints. Isn't that wrong. Would some of you oldies check it out and see what you think. Thanks
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Sunrae said:

I just saw something on the
    I just saw something on the Expressions by a man who is selling color prints. Isn't that wrong. Would some of you oldies check it out and see what you think. Thanks

Thanks Sunrae!
    Thanks Sunrae! I saw the posting and flagged it for Greta to remove. Yes, it is wrong. If you noticed, he just joined the site as of today and was already trying to sell something. Big Red Flag!

HUGS!
  • Lynda53
    Lynda53 Member Posts: 210
    Options
    sry I am a newbie and never thought
    when I sent along some web addresses that someone could be so cruel!
    I did post as addresses and not links as it is what I am used to on other sites, no harm intended.Not me!
    Peace
  • DebbyM
    Options
    Lynda53 said:

sry I am a newbie and never thought
    when I sent along some web addresses that someone could be so cruel!
    I did post as addresses and not links as it is what I am used to on other sites, no harm intended.Not me!
    Peace

Lynda, not you
    Lynda, don't worry. I think if you see from the postings, that it is usually a newbie on here, with only 1 post or very, very few. They usually just hit and run. Your postings of the addresses have been welcomed and helpful to all of us.

Sunrae, that post has been flagged, meaning Greta will look it over and I am sure remove it. Thanks for the alert!

Debby
  • Sunrae
    Options
    DebbyM said:

Lynda, not you
    Lynda, don't worry. I think if you see from the postings, that it is usually a newbie on here, with only 1 post or very, very few. They usually just hit and run. Your postings of the addresses have been welcomed and helpful to all of us.

Sunrae, that post has been flagged, meaning Greta will look it over and I am sure remove it. Thanks for the alert!

Debby

On Expressions I saw the
    On Expressions I saw the post had been flagged, but the same man posted another post called Keep Smiling with just his picture. Should it be flagged too. Maybe Greta will look it over too.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Sunrae said:

On Expressions I saw the
    On Expressions I saw the post had been flagged, but the same man posted another post called Keep Smiling with just his picture. Should it be flagged too. Maybe Greta will look it over too.

Flagged
    I saw it Sunrae and it is flagged. I also sent an email to CSN to delete them.

There are a few new ones on this week too that are posting links for you to click on.

Don't click on them as you don't know what they might be. Flag them for Greta if you see them.

KYLEZ ♥
  • pgrace35
    pgrace35 Member Posts: 122
    Options
    Thanks Alexis
    That really bums me out there are people out there who would do this! Thanks for the info, greatly appreciated.
  • DebbyM
    Options
    Sunrae said:

On Expressions I saw the

His three posts were flagged
    His three posts were flagged and removed by Greta. Thanks Sunrae for letting everyone know. There have been several on this week already. I guess the holidays bring them out of the woodwork.