My mom passed away...

Options
124»

Comments

• LadyParvati
    LadyParvati Member Posts: 328
    Options
    Condolences
    Liz, my heart goes out to you. You've been given such a heavy load to bear. Don't apologize for the sad news--we're glad you've shared your sadness and fears with us! Sadness and loss are part of life's cycle.

I know very little about uterine cancer. You say the Tamoxifen feeds it; does Tamoxifen *cause* it? There's a difference, and if Tamoxifen only feeds uterine cancer, then taking Tamoxifen isn't going to increase your risk of getting uterine cancer, is it?

For me, conquering my fear comes through researching the things I fear until I know what I can do to control my risks. I don't know if that's true for you or anyone else here. But I do think that your plan to "focus on the first bullet" and not let worry about the second one eat you up is very wise--take charge of what you can control, and leave the rest to God if you can.

Best wishes, Liz. Take a deep breath, hug your girls, and fight your fight. You are a strong woman.

Hugs, Sandy
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry about your
    I am so sorry about your mom. My mom died of CJD at age 61--that was about 28 years ago. I still miss her, but I am so grateful for all of the memories. I try and share the memories with my daughter whenever I can. She never knew Mom and she loves to hear about her. One funny memory: when Danny and I were first married we bought a little fixer upper home. We were painting the inside and Mom came to help and brought her crazy poodle. Her dog stepped in a paint can and walked everywhere! We laughed so hard seeing those dang dog prints on every hard wood floor!
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Options
    jk1952 said:

Liz, I am so sorry to hear
    Liz, I am so sorry to hear your news. I pray that you and your family will be comforted during this time.

I just read Eil's post about annual sonograms while on Tamoxifen. My gynecologist was also very cautious when I was on Tamoxifen and still is nine years after I stopped taking it. Try to find someone like that to treat you. It is reassuring when you have someone who has such an interest in your well-being and knows that you want to do whatever you can to fight the beast.

Joyce

My dear Liz. I am sending
    My dear Liz. I am sending you my heartfelt sympathy, and all of the positive thoughts I have in my being. You have really been through so much, and are still facing your own fight against bc. There are no words that can comfort you at this time, but please know that there are a lot of people who have you in their thoughts and prayers during this very trying time. Please keep us posted on your own treatment, and we will look forward to hearing how things are going. Again, my condolences for the loss of your Mom. This disease really sucks! Hugs.

Judy
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    Options
    Thanks everybody. Right now
    Thanks everybody. Right now I am focusing on what I'll say for the eulogy, what I'll wear for a headscarf, what I'll do if anyone says something stupid about the way I look, and how I can make this meaningful for the grandkids.

I appreciate all of your words of encouragement...it helps so much. I also appreciate the concerns you've shared that I make the right choice with my treatment and "fear" of tamoxifen feeding uterine cancer. I will be smart and make sure I get a doctor who is extremely diligent in making sure I am cared for. Thank you all so much!

I'll probably not be on the boards for a few days... My 8 year old is recovering from H1N1 nicely and we will all go to the services...

Take care and be strong for each other and yourselves,
    Pitt
  • Taina
    Taina Member Posts: 166
    Options
    i'm so sorry
    I'm so sorry to hear about you mom.
    My prayers are with you and your family.
    I'm suppost to start Tamoxifen next month and not very happy
    because of side effects but i will have to pray for it to work.
    All i'm going to do is not to be afraid, love myself,
    my two daughters, husband, family, friends and enjoy life.
    Life is to short sometimes...
    So be strong...do not be afraid....
    i big hug your way...