My mom passed away...

Options

Comments

• laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    So sorry Pitt
    It's sad hearing about your Mom. My prayers are with you. I hope you're doing ok.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    helen e said:

So sorry
    Liz,

My mother has emphysema and has been in the end stages for about 4 years now. She is starting to lose her memory and not eating, I'm pretty sure she won't last another year. In August my husband lost his mother unexpectedly then I was diagnosed with cancer. Life is extremely hard sometimes and I believe the line - If God can bring you to it, He will bring you through it. This must be a taxing time on your family and I wish you all the best. I send hugs and prayers to all your family.

Liz Pitt .. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers
    I am so very sorry for the lost of your mother. I can't believe the stress you are unders. Please take care.

VickiSam
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Options
    My Deepest Sympathy
    I am so sorry for your great loss.
  • cruf
    cruf Member Posts: 908
    Options
    helen e said:

So sorry
    Liz,

My mother has emphysema and has been in the end stages for about 4 years now. She is starting to lose her memory and not eating, I'm pretty sure she won't last another year. In August my husband lost his mother unexpectedly then I was diagnosed with cancer. Life is extremely hard sometimes and I believe the line - If God can bring you to it, He will bring you through it. This must be a taxing time on your family and I wish you all the best. I send hugs and prayers to all your family.

So Sorry!
    Liz, I'm so sorry to hear of your Mom's passing! I just can't imagine losing my mom. Both my parents are 87 but it is my Dad who is going downhill . It's so hard to watch. You just have to remember all the good times you had. My thoughts and prayers are with you. As for the Tamoxifen,I took it for 5 years. It's rare for the uterine/ovarian cancer. My Gyno. checks me every 6 mos. with the internal ultrasound. She says it's pretty easy to find if watched closely. You just have to do what you feel is best for you but don't let fear prevent you from doing something that should help prevent BC.Good Luck! HUGS!!! Cathy
  • always
    always Member Posts: 256
    Options
    My sympathies
    Liz I am so sorry that you have lost your mom in the midst of this battle. I know she is an angel now rooting for you to stay strong. My prayers and thoughts will be with you.

becky
  • lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry, my grandmom
    I am so sorry, my grandmom was 77 when she had uterine cancerand passed from it. I told my Medical oncologist I would NOT take Tamox! I'm 60 so I can try Arimidix. I'm not doing it until I'm done with RADs and get my C-Diff gone. My surgeon called me and said my potassium was low because of the diahrea, I'm on a potassium supplement. It's always SOMETHING! Only good thing is I haven't burned after 16 RAD treatments.
  • e_hope
    e_hope Member Posts: 370
    Options
    Pitt... So very sorry to
    Pitt... So very sorry to hear about your lost of your mother ( I know all to well the pain of losing parents). Its a very painful lost and even harder when your trying to fight yourself.

Right now try not to think about the Tamoxifen...

focus on your chemo and radiation treatment and your grief of losing your mother.. when the time comes to make the decision about either Tam or surgery, you'll be able to find the road that is right for you.

you and your in my thoughts....
  • mizcaldwell
    mizcaldwell Member Posts: 143
    Options
    Thoughts and Prayers coming your way
    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My mom has been gone two years now - and I know how hard it is. Know that there are angels around you, to lift you up when you can't lift yourself. Know that she is with those angels - sending love and receiving love. Know that God knows you individually and knows your sorrow and fears. And know that we are here for you, too.

Lori
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    So Sorry
    I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your Mom. I really do not know what I would do without my Mom by my side during my battle with cancer. I like what Kaz had to say. Hang onto the pearls. I am sure there are many. Hang onto the good memories.

Pat
  • blazytracy
    blazytracy Member Posts: 157
    Options
    Hi Ptt
    So very sorry to hear about your mother. I lost my mother 34 years ago (at the age of 14) due to diabetes, which led me to having diabetes, therefore needing a kidney/pancreas transplant in 2005, therefore being at higher risk for cancer..WOW! That was a deep long sentence! I'm sorry again for going on. I am scheduled right now for a D&C consultation on Nov. 23rd. because they have found abnormal cells.......? Right now, I just feel like telling my Dr. when going to this appt. that yes, go ahead, please I REALLY want a hysterectomy..Why not? I have been under anesthesia so many times this year that one more time, if it is beneficial for me, is wonderful..hahaha.

I also know, Ptt, what it is like to be afraid...I definitely have had my share, I am scheduled for my first chemo tomorrow for one example..

Like I have said before.....Let life Flow..........that is my favorite saying right now.... and speaking of its always something? I had appendicitus (appendectomy) in July, and I totally totalled out my vehicle in August...oh, and diagnosed with BC the first week in Sept...my 3 is up!!!!!

Hugs and more hugs to you!!! (maybe the funny topic can be about.....NOW WHAT?????!!!!!)
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Options
    Hi Liz
    I am so sorry about your mom. I lost both my parents in the past 4 years and I still miss them terribly..
    You do know however that you are not your mom and your cancers are different. Everyones journey is different so try to go forward as best you can and continue to fight the fight not just for yourself but for your family...and all of us.
    Gentle hugs
    Linda T
  • AmandaMarie29
    AmandaMarie29 Member Posts: 55
    Options
    I am so very sorry for your
    I am so very sorry for your loss...stay strong.

((HUG))

Mandi
  • jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    Options
    mlmjt1 said:

Hi Liz
    I am so sorry about your mom. I lost both my parents in the past 4 years and I still miss them terribly..
    You do know however that you are not your mom and your cancers are different. Everyones journey is different so try to go forward as best you can and continue to fight the fight not just for yourself but for your family...and all of us.
    Gentle hugs
    Linda T

Sorry about your Mom
    Liz,
    So sorry to hear about your Mom. I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers - wrapping you all tight with love and gentle peace.
    -Jenny
  • lovelylola
    lovelylola Member Posts: 279
    Options
    My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time
    I know how scary it is to your children when they are faced with both the death of someone dear to them from cancer and you are fighting it as well. Mine are both grown but took it extremely hard when I told them of my diagnosis. I lost my oldest son to mestastized nasalpharageal (sp?) 3 years ago and my dear mother at age 79 to liver and pancreatic cancer just a year ago. Our entire family including myself are terrified with the C word. What I hang onto is my mother and son's fighting spirits and the knowledge that my cancer is different. My mother was a 40 year BC survivor who showed me how to fight, win, and SURVIVE this beast.
    I believe that she is that angel on my shoulder through my treatments. I think one of the pearls that I have found was the picture of a hummingbird that was on the wall, in the bathroom of all places, at the chemo center. I was trudging to the bathroom during chemo and focused on it. The hummingbird was my mother's favorite bird. I knew she was beside me.
    I will keep you and yours in my prayers. Lola
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    My deepest condolences
    ♥ I am so very sorry for your loss, there are no words I can say that will ease your pain. I lost my mom to cancer in Aug of 99. Right now the pain is raw but with time it will ease a bit, I promise. It has been ten years and most of my memories of my mom now bring a big smile to my face. Speaking of memories here is something I did that I have enjoyed revisiting from time to time. A few days after my mom’s passing I opened my journal and started writing “MEMORIES OF MOM”, I then wrote down her favorite sayings, how soft her skin was, how beautiful her voice was, my favorite meal that she made…well you get the idea.
    My mom passed from ovarian cancer so I choose to have a complete hysterectomy to increase my survival odds. It is something you may want to consider and discuss with your oncologist. I wish you all the best Liz and will be praying for comfort for you and your family. ♥

HUGS,

RE
  • Wolfi
    Wolfi Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Sorry
    I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I can imagine you are afraid to use Tamoxifen (I just started it myself), but I think you also need to look at the percentages of bc reoccurance vs. uterine cancer development in your particular case before deciding not to use it.

Take care.
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613
    Options
    Wolfi said:

Sorry
    I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I can imagine you are afraid to use Tamoxifen (I just started it myself), but I think you also need to look at the percentages of bc reoccurance vs. uterine cancer development in your particular case before deciding not to use it.

Take care.

Liz, I am so sorry to hear
    Liz, I am so sorry to hear your news. I pray that you and your family will be comforted during this time.

I just read Eil's post about annual sonograms while on Tamoxifen. My gynecologist was also very cautious when I was on Tamoxifen and still is nine years after I stopped taking it. Try to find someone like that to treat you. It is reassuring when you have someone who has such an interest in your well-being and knows that you want to do whatever you can to fight the beast.

Joyce
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    pitt said:

Everyone, thanks!
    Everyone, thanks! It really helps to hear from other cancer survivors about what we are fighting for. Thank you for reminding me that I am not my mother and that her situation doesn't have to be mine/ours. Hearing from those of you who have also lost loved ones to cancer as you are battling your own has inspired me to stay focused on the present and point myself forward. Thank you for understanding and showing such deep compassion. I truly appreciate you! Liz

I am so sorry.......
    I was not online yesterday and just found your posting. I am so so sorry - I don't know what to say. Losing a parent is never easy, and I would imagine even harder because you were both battling the beast at the same time. You and your family will be in my constant prayers and please let us know how you are doing. Wish I could be there to give you a big hug - but a cyber hug will have to do. May she rest in peace.
    Pat
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    RE said:

My deepest condolences
    ♥ I am so very sorry for your loss, there are no words I can say that will ease your pain. I lost my mom to cancer in Aug of 99. Right now the pain is raw but with time it will ease a bit, I promise. It has been ten years and most of my memories of my mom now bring a big smile to my face. Speaking of memories here is something I did that I have enjoyed revisiting from time to time. A few days after my mom’s passing I opened my journal and started writing “MEMORIES OF MOM”, I then wrote down her favorite sayings, how soft her skin was, how beautiful her voice was, my favorite meal that she made…well you get the idea.
    My mom passed from ovarian cancer so I choose to have a complete hysterectomy to increase my survival odds. It is something you may want to consider and discuss with your oncologist. I wish you all the best Liz and will be praying for comfort for you and your family. ♥

HUGS,

RE

Thank you for sharing this. I may start a "memory book" of my mom myself, even though she is still alive. I know I will want to remember all the funny, crazy things she said and did and all the wonderful meals she cooked me.

Liz, I am thinking of you today.

Mimi
  • Reikigemgirl
    Reikigemgirl Member Posts: 278
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your mom.....
    you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and light,
    Vicki