Options
12346»

Comments

• roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    GrandmaJ said:

Newbie since November
    My name is Judy and I live in PA. I am married, have two grown, married children and one beautiful granddaughter. I was diagnosed from routine mammogram in July, one day before my birthday! I wish I would have found this site then. July was the toughtest month with all the tests and doctor appointments and feeling so alone. The lump was 2.5 cm and I was started on 5 cycles of chemotherapy, Cytoxan and Taxotere. The tumor shrunk to 1.3 cm and was removed during lumpectomy in Dec. I start radiation next Monday. I have continued to work through all of this but am hoping to retire soon. It really does hit you like a ton of bricks and turns your whole life upside down, doesn't it ? Right after I was diagnosed, my sister in law was also diagnosed with bc, but she did not need chemo. The one good thing is that we have had each other to lean on through this process.

For some reason I am more afraid of the radiation than I was of chemo, though that was not an easy journey either... but I know I'll get through it. Thanks to everyone for all the good information and support.

Judy

Hi Judy.
    I had radiation, but no chemo. It wasn't a walk in the part but from what I have heard it was not as bad a chemo. Just be sure to keep your skin moisturized with whatever they recommend. I started with a CVS brand alcohol free aloe gel for a few weeks before treatment. They have come a long way so don't talk to anyone who had the radiation years ago. Buy a soft bra if you need to wear one. Barely There was the brand my clinic recommended. You can find it at Kohl's. I still wear them because they are so comfortable. Not much support but I don't care.

Welcome to you and all the other newbies.

Roseann
  • Taina
    Taina Member Posts: 166
    Options
    Not that newbie but here i am
    great idea....
    it really makes you feel welcome and someone cares...
    My name is Mayra, 44 y.o. found my lump on my left breast last June 2009.
    Stage I, had a lumpectomy, lymph nodes removed, chemo, radiation and
    now taking tamoxifen. Lately i have so much discomfort, pain all the way
    back to my left side of my back which that is how i found my lump.
    Doctors are saying is just a healing process of surgery plus everything else
    but my head is telling me has to be something else....Next time is see my doctor
    i will see if they can order scan or something...my tumor maker are coming
    back normal so will see....
    Pitt i wanted to tell you you are my inspiration on pushing myself to
    start excersice again. I read your commett the other day about working
    out and i said if you can do it i can too....
    I'm starting to walk and bike again....very fatigue and tire but
    getting better.....
    thanks a lot.....
  • lisamnovak
    lisamnovak Member Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi. My name is Lisa. I am 42, married for 15 yrs, 2 two sons 14 & 13. I was dx June 2009 with IDC. I had my surgery two weeks later. However, I got MRSA 5 yrs ago and it raised its ugly head and messed up my healing. I could not start chemo until Oct. and I still had an open wound. My last chemo was Dec 22. I cannot start rad until my wound is closed. It is doing better. My wound care dr thinks it should be closed by Valentine's Day!

This is a wonderful site. It is healing just to read the comments and stories..you are all fabulous, strong, brave women. Thank you for sharing! HUGS!
  • lizzie17
    lizzie17 Member Posts: 548
    Options
    kind of a newbie
    Hi, I joined in November, 2009 and have posted a couple of things. I learn a lot from other postings and read many of them. In May of 2008 I had a bilateral mastectomy and now take arimidex. Sometimes I wonder what upsets me the most, cancer, or the loss of my breasts. Logically, I am grateful to be alive, but the vain side of me is still having difficulty adjusting. What I have learned from many of you, is that you have the strength to remain positive!! And for that reminder, I am also grateful. OH, and I am 55, not 17 :)
    So no worries about me being young. Once in the chatroom, someone wanted to be cautious not to say too much because of the 17. That was kind and perceptive.
  • sandycr
    sandycr Member Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi I'm Sandy
    I joined in November after my bilateral Mastectomy. I was diagnoseed in July with DCIS. I came to this site by accident, while researching my diagnoses. I didn't join immediately because I felt so scared and panicked, I had so much information coming at me I didn't feel I could handle anymore. It was after my Mastectomy that I felt I wanted to share my experience and help answer some question.

I am going through reconstruction now, I had tissue expanders removed and silicone implants put in on Jan. 18th and recovering nicely at this time. I did however, have a terrible reaction to the tape that was used and seem to be getting over that now. Even though I don't post often I do feel a connection here probably because we all share the same fears.

Thanks everyone for all of the helpful information.

Sandy
  • newbiefromcananda
    Options
    sandycr said:

Hi I'm Sandy
    I joined in November after my bilateral Mastectomy. I was diagnoseed in July with DCIS. I came to this site by accident, while researching my diagnoses. I didn't join immediately because I felt so scared and panicked, I had so much information coming at me I didn't feel I could handle anymore. It was after my Mastectomy that I felt I wanted to share my experience and help answer some question.

I am going through reconstruction now, I had tissue expanders removed and silicone implants put in on Jan. 18th and recovering nicely at this time. I did however, have a terrible reaction to the tape that was used and seem to be getting over that now. Even though I don't post often I do feel a connection here probably because we all share the same fears.

Thanks everyone for all of the helpful information.

Sandy

still feel new :)
    Hi My name is Lisa
    I live in Ontario, Canada
    I am 38 with 4 children
    I am a nurse
    I was diagnosed Nov 2009 stage 3 IDC 4 out of 17 lmph node involvement
    just had #4 chemo (2 more to go) yeah!!! then 25 radiation treatments and 1 year of herceptin
    welcome to everyone new and hello to everyone!!]\
    :) xoxoxo Lisa