I do not need "Good Luck" or sympathy from anyone please, that does not help me, Please help me wit

Options
13»

Comments

• ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    Options

Z is
    here to give her wisdom and give us hope that we can make it as well-aren't you,Z?!!

z wHAT
    WHAT WOULD WE DO WITH YOU YOU KEEP US ON ARE TOES THANK AND LOTD OF LOVE GOMMING BACK AT U
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    Options

Z is
    here to give her wisdom and give us hope that we can make it as well-aren't you,Z?!!

z wHAT
    WHAT WOULD WE DO WITH YOU YOU KEEP US ON ARE TOES THANK AND LOTD OF LOVE GOMMING BACK AT U
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options

Yes,who
    did give that quote that is so well known on this board?!!

Oh Oh Oh!!!
    (hand up!!) I know the answer....CLAUDIA!! Giggle....and hubby thought I was a real blond! Pammy
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Oh Oh Oh!!!
    (hand up!!) I know the answer....CLAUDIA!! Giggle....and hubby thought I was a real blond! Pammy

What?
    What are you saying,Pammy?....That I'm sounding like a blonde,hmmmmm....haha!
  • e_hope
    e_hope Member Posts: 370
    Options

thanks so much
    thanks e_hope, You are so full of useful information, you have most helpful. I wish that I could just concentrate on my treatments and not worry about going back to work and being there as much as possible..unfortunately, if I am not here, I do not get paid... so I will be scheduling all my physical therapy, chemo and radiation around work and I think that really sucks!!! but that is the way it has to be so I will deal with it!!!

i feel for you
    I think its so wrong... That we have to feel like there is no option about work. I was lucky enough to have some money put away in the bank, because I was out for 7 1/2months without income. We were in the process of getting ready to buy a house, when I found out I had breast cancer. So good by to that dream for now and the money we had saved went to living expenses so I could stay home. I work in a gem infected nursing home and would've been exposed to too many things so I did not work during chemo.. I'm going back to work next week secondary to all savings has been exhausted.

I think its unjust that at this time we can't stay home and focus on getting better.. not only physically but mentally... This disease takes so much from woman mentally, but no one ever talks about that. I have days I'm just not myself and just go through the emotions of living..( I have written many post on facebook before I heard of this site)

Have you talked with your employer.. Are they being understanding? One thing you need to keep in mind is YOURSELF.. I know as woman we are so use to putting everyone in front of our feelings, but now you need to put yourself in front of everything else... Money is just money, and bill are just bills. You need to try to stay physically healthly. You will need to rest when your body tells you to rest and eat as well balanced diet as you can tolerate. Stay away from people that are sick as much as possible.

Heck when I feel mentally better... LOL... I'll let you know.. I have written a blog on my page about that... keep posting ... no matter what your feeling.. if it just to vent when your angry, or to ask questions...
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    e_hope said:

i feel for you
    I think its so wrong... That we have to feel like there is no option about work. I was lucky enough to have some money put away in the bank, because I was out for 7 1/2months without income. We were in the process of getting ready to buy a house, when I found out I had breast cancer. So good by to that dream for now and the money we had saved went to living expenses so I could stay home. I work in a gem infected nursing home and would've been exposed to too many things so I did not work during chemo.. I'm going back to work next week secondary to all savings has been exhausted.

I think its unjust that at this time we can't stay home and focus on getting better.. not only physically but mentally... This disease takes so much from woman mentally, but no one ever talks about that. I have days I'm just not myself and just go through the emotions of living..( I have written many post on facebook before I heard of this site)

Have you talked with your employer.. Are they being understanding? One thing you need to keep in mind is YOURSELF.. I know as woman we are so use to putting everyone in front of our feelings, but now you need to put yourself in front of everything else... Money is just money, and bill are just bills. You need to try to stay physically healthly. You will need to rest when your body tells you to rest and eat as well balanced diet as you can tolerate. Stay away from people that are sick as much as possible.

Heck when I feel mentally better... LOL... I'll let you know.. I have written a blog on my page about that... keep posting ... no matter what your feeling.. if it just to vent when your angry, or to ask questions...

your treatments are the most important activity now
    HI,
    I agree 100 % with hope.
    Treatments and recovery both are far more important than money. I had Stage III too and was lucky enough to have Sort Term Disability insurance. I do not your family situation, but your health should be important to your love ones as well. You need to talk to your employer and find out if your stat has something to offer. Clinical social worker associated with your oncologist can help you with information.
    Social Security Disability Insurance Benefits could be an option too.