I'm having a hard time...

Options
13»

Comments

• survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Hi, Mimi...
    I believe the vast majority of us - if not all - endure what you've been feeling. It's been likened to "post-traumatic stress disorder" by some. Hits us after all invasive treatment has been completed.

You will get to where you want to be, Mimi. I know you will. It often takes a good chunk of time to really figure out that Life After Cancer/New Normal thing...

Best advice I can share, for whatever it might be worth as a longer-termer: try not to be too hard on yourself at this moment. We women have a knack for that, unfortunately!

Kind regards, Susan

P.S.: Your new pic = very pretty! :-)

So happy to know that you
    So happy to know that you are feeling somewhat better today Mimi!

Hugs!
  • lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    rjjj said:

Hi Mimi
    Sorry I am late responding to this post. I also tend to be a little perfectionistic and tired myself out to the Max yesterday. I have been working part-time in restorative but I foolishly thought I could work a full shift (all day running) as a CNA. I did it but when I got home I paid the price...and was also depressed because I was not back to where I used to be. I am also anemic and low on Vitamin D. What I'm trying to say is I know how you feel. It seems we will never get back to ourselves again.

I toally agree with what all of our sisters have said. You are strong, intellegent, beautful, caring and have helped me so much since we found our way here to the boards.
    I know you will comeout of this funk even stronger and your desire for film-making will return. You have such a zest for life, and this will pass.

I do agree with Judy also, The hormonal and vitamin deficiencies could be knocking usboth down. I know you will check with your Dr. for things to help this, as I will also. Maybe an injection of Vit. D to boost it right away?

I am thinking of you and thanking you for being my friend always.
    Love, Jackie

That's what I did!
    That's what I did! Restorative aide/CNA. I was only Restorative until the powers that be decided to eliminate the Restorative position. so me and my partner had to go back on the floor doing only CNA. The other girls were being a pain on the arse, I was always stuck feeding on the floor, while they always sat in the dining room feeding. I had quite enough of their crap, so me and my partner quit. I think maybe I even had the hernia or got it while doing CNA work. I haven't worked since Nov of 04. I miss it, but i surely can't go back to work now. I hate this Cancer and i get down from time to time, but guess it's normal.
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    I'm smiling....
    ....and sending lots of hugs! Pammy
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

I'm smiling....
    ....and sending lots of hugs! Pammy

•Mimi is smiling too•
    She has a great weekend planned! AND, Simon is going to buy her a great birthday gift. Or, he'd better!

Kristin ♥
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Kristin N said:

•Mimi is smiling too•
    She has a great weekend planned! AND, Simon is going to buy her a great birthday gift. Or, he'd better!

Kristin ♥

life getting to normal
    i wandereed on this site and found you rpost I registered to respond to you . I am 15 years past diagnosis diagnosed age 34. I have a new primary but that is not the subject at this point.
    Life will never return to normal but you will have a "new normal" I remember thinking i would never be happy again and I was. It's not something that happens overnight it is a gradual thing, where you realize you dont think about it all the time, mostly at appointments or that odd pain. Even then you can put that in perspective. My doctor called it tincture of time. I am a crazy worrier too. So not someone who is easy going at all. You will be happy again but your body has to adjust, and you have to regain your energy. It will be a gradual process but it will happen!
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    carkris said:

life getting to normal
    i wandereed on this site and found you rpost I registered to respond to you . I am 15 years past diagnosis diagnosed age 34. I have a new primary but that is not the subject at this point.
    Life will never return to normal but you will have a "new normal" I remember thinking i would never be happy again and I was. It's not something that happens overnight it is a gradual thing, where you realize you dont think about it all the time, mostly at appointments or that odd pain. Even then you can put that in perspective. My doctor called it tincture of time. I am a crazy worrier too. So not someone who is easy going at all. You will be happy again but your body has to adjust, and you have to regain your energy. It will be a gradual process but it will happen!

Hi carkris and welcome to
    Hi carkris and welcome to the site. Your advice is very good. We all need to follow it. Good luck to you and post more when you feel like it to introduce yourself.

Hugs Lex♥
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

Incredibly touched
    I cannot tell you how much your posts -- each and every one -- have helped me. You guys are absolutely right, I was not being kind to myself. I had unrealistic expecations to be back to normal, whatever that is, right away. I wanted to be pefect, and let's face it, no one is, so why torture yourself about it? I'm going to take things slower from now on and stop laying tons of guilt and angst on myself. And the thing about friends pitying me? Well, I made that up. In my own mind, that is what people were thinking. Not one of my friends has ever acted like that. I just worked myself up into a tizzy, and it has to stop here. My friends, you have helped me to see things more clearly and I'm so very, very grateful. I read all of your posts multiple times last night and this moring. They have given me strength. Strength to carry on, to continue with my healthy eating and exercise despite the fact that I am imperfect about it, to be gentle with myself.

Please look for my Roll Call thread later today!

I LOVE you all

Mimi

Mimi
    I so glad to see you pulled yourself out of this funk. I'm so sorry I didn't post earlier, but I wanted you to know that I think the world of you. You are strong, beautiful, smart and such an inspiration. From the first day I joined this site, I admired your posts and your wisdom, and once again you proved what a gem you really are!

Trying or wanting to perfect can be exhausting, and being gentle with youself is definatly the right thing to do!

Take Care and God Bless you,

Aurora ♥
  • xskeetshooter
    xskeetshooter Member Posts: 169
    Options
    never know what tomorrow will bring
    just keep your faith, you will get this back