Options
124»

Comments

• Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

Doing better, indeed!
    My beloved and brave little Moopy has been thrown a couple of curveballs, but nothing she can't handle.

The insurance advocate firm retained by Moopsy's employer has acquired a whole new appreciation of the phrase "Kittens have claws." Moopy's billing appeals have (surprise) been moved to the top of the proverbial pile. My wife is an incredibly nice and sweet woman, but she is not anybody a sane person would mess with.

The rads are still scheduled to end on Friday. Moopy is getting tired and feeling the burn from her "booster" treatments. But she is also looking forward to being done with tx, even if it means leaving St. Louis behind. As am I. We both wonder what the dogs are going to think when they get back to Springfield!

Thank you all for your good wishes and jokes and songs and prayers and everything you have been doing to make this easier on Moopsy (and me)!

Love,
    Joe

Thank you, dear Aortus!
    As always, your update is greatly appreciated! :-)

Sooo glad that Moopy's rads are almost done and over... Yep, there's no place like home! For ALL of you - including the furry and four-legged members of your family.

Kind regards, Susan
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    Aortus said:

Doing better, indeed!
    My beloved and brave little Moopy has been thrown a couple of curveballs, but nothing she can't handle.

The insurance advocate firm retained by Moopsy's employer has acquired a whole new appreciation of the phrase "Kittens have claws." Moopy's billing appeals have (surprise) been moved to the top of the proverbial pile. My wife is an incredibly nice and sweet woman, but she is not anybody a sane person would mess with.

The rads are still scheduled to end on Friday. Moopy is getting tired and feeling the burn from her "booster" treatments. But she is also looking forward to being done with tx, even if it means leaving St. Louis behind. As am I. We both wonder what the dogs are going to think when they get back to Springfield!

Thank you all for your good wishes and jokes and songs and prayers and everything you have been doing to make this easier on Moopsy (and me)!

Love,
    Joe

So glad that Moopy is almost
    So glad that Moopy is almost done witht rads. The booster's were bad for me too. I wasn't too bad until they started those. Someone said they were easier, they were quicker, but, not easier. So, they lied, lol, whoever they were.

I know you will all be anxious to get home. There is no place like home.

So, hang in there Moopy and Joe.

Lex
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Alexis F said:

So glad that Moopy is almost
    So glad that Moopy is almost done witht rads. The booster's were bad for me too. I wasn't too bad until they started those. Someone said they were easier, they were quicker, but, not easier. So, they lied, lol, whoever they were.

I know you will all be anxious to get home. There is no place like home.

So, hang in there Moopy and Joe.

Lex

So sorry to hear how
    So sorry to hear how exhausted you are Moopy, but, you are almost done. Just hang in there a little longer and you will be done and headed for home.

Hugs!
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options

So sorry to hear how
    So sorry to hear how exhausted you are Moopy, but, you are almost done. Just hang in there a little longer and you will be done and headed for home.

Hugs!

You are almost DONE! You
    You are almost DONE! You have endured so much Moopy! Just a lil longer and then you guys can head for home!

Very gentle hugs,

Kristin
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

Doing better, indeed!

Love,
    Joe

Yes, I would say Moopy has
    Yes, I would say Moopy has been thrown some curveballs. More than most.

I will be so happy for you two when Friday is finally here and Moopy is done!

You two deserve a break!

Hugs, Diane
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Rads and All
    You're right, Noel, dear dancing kitty who is naughty only sometimes. Who else understands what I feel and am going through?

About rads: I'm finding that it is just as you all said it would be. Booster treatments hurt more, you do become fond of the techs and scared about treatment ending, and more tired,.....

And, it will all be over soon. Then I can devote myself full-time to Aortus, our pups, a new anti-cancer life, the band, and my sisters, kindred spirits, friends here.

Love,
    the Moopinator

I like that - A new
    I like that - A new anti-cancer life! I think I will steal it from you Moopy! hehe

Hugs,

Nawty Noel <:O)
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Aortus said:

Doing better, indeed!

Love,
    Joe

Just a few more to go
    Thanks for the update Joe. Moopy has been an incredible inspiration to us throughout her journey. The coolest part is that you two are more famous on these boards than Bonnie and Clyde!! And the two of you together are probably more dangerous in battling the beast!!
    Soon it will be time to go home. I don't know how you stood it being away that long. I'm homesick 5 days into a 10 day vacation!! Now it is time for Moopy to claim her prize and head home. And remember....she needs her rest, she needs Dairy Queen Blizzards, she needs massages, and ohhhhhh.....how about some diamonds!! (ha,ha....Noel's husband bought her diamond's!! Ok, I'm running away as fast as my little legs will take me and finding a good place to hide!). :(-) Pammy
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

Are the dogs like children
    Are the dogs like children on these trips? Are we there yet? What city is this? I have to pee. I'm hungry. He's touching me. I can't sleep sitting up. He's in my space. I'm going to be sick. And then one of them throws up on the other. Oh, that was my family trips. Sorry.
    Glad Moopy is almost done and that you and she and the pets will be going back home. I love going away but I always miss my bed. I greet it when I return home. I tell it I missed it. Well, maybe not that extreme but after all this time, you know what I mean.
    And I knew that Moopy had claws cause she is a fighter. And she has a secret (well not so much) weapon, you Joe.
    Stef

Stef, you are funny. lol

Stef, you are funny. lol
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Just a few more to go
    Thanks for the update Joe. Moopy has been an incredible inspiration to us throughout her journey. The coolest part is that you two are more famous on these boards than Bonnie and Clyde!! And the two of you together are probably more dangerous in battling the beast!!
    Soon it will be time to go home. I don't know how you stood it being away that long. I'm homesick 5 days into a 10 day vacation!! Now it is time for Moopy to claim her prize and head home. And remember....she needs her rest, she needs Dairy Queen Blizzards, she needs massages, and ohhhhhh.....how about some diamonds!! (ha,ha....Noel's husband bought her diamond's!! Ok, I'm running away as fast as my little legs will take me and finding a good place to hide!). :(-) Pammy

There is an even newer update
    on the thread "Announcement from the RAD B's Business Manager."

Basically, the hyperthermia machine nutzed up last week, which means that Moopsy's last treatment has been pushed to Monday. But it's all good: it's working again, so she will get the entire treatment we came up here and spent the summer to get. Happy as we are to be heading home soon, we are still going to miss St. Louis. And the pupsters are definitely going to miss the doggy park!

Joe
  • Aortus
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Just a few more to go

ooga ooga ooga
    Gaaahhh.... it posted twice
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

ooga ooga ooga
    Gaaahhh.... it posted twice

Wow, 3 times Joe! lol

Wow, 3 times Joe! lol
  • Aortus
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Just a few more to go

ooga ooga
    oh Lord
  • Aortus
    Options
    Kylez said:

Wow, 3 times Joe! lol

Wow, 3 times Joe! lol

I know...
    I must be trying to run my post count up or something!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Aortus said:

I know...
    I must be trying to run my post count up or something!

OMG, do people do that? Is
    OMG, do people do that? Is there a prize for doing it? LOL
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    susie09 said:

OMG, do people do that? Is
    OMG, do people do that? Is there a prize for doing it? LOL

I'm a dancin fool lol
    Hang on Moopy, Hang on!

RAD Day ( kind of like D Day ) is almost here for you!

Then,

Celebrate, Celebrate, Dance to the Music!

Hugs, Noel
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

Basically, the hyperthermia machine nutzed up last week, which means that Moopsy's last treatment has been pushed to Monday. But it's all good: it's working again, so she will get the entire treatment we came up here and spent the summer to get. Happy as we are to be heading home soon, we are still going to miss St. Louis. And the pupsters are definitely going to miss the doggy park!

Joe

Party put off till Monday!
    Well, I will just put off the big party celebration until Monday then! No problemo!

Kristin
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    Aortus said:

Joe

Stupid machine :(
    I had heard of other machines sometimes breaking down, but thankfully, the one they used on me never did. But, I would hope not, it was almost brand new. That would be frustrating. At least Moopy is getting the whole treatment done. And, instead of all of us celebrating Friday, we will just wait and do it on Monday! Sounds good to me!

Love, Jeanne
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

Doing better, indeed!

Love,
    Joe

Almost there Moopy! 3 more
    Almost there Moopy! 3 more treatments! I know it has been tough! But, you have done it! You must be so proud of yourself! We are!

Hugs, Leeza