~~~ How is MOOPY doing? UPDATE please! ~~~

Options

Comments

• cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Almost done!
    Moopy, you are in the home stretch! Hang in there.
    Let us know how it's going when you feel able.
    =^..^=
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    fauxma said:

Dear Little Moopy,
    Who's

Dear Little Moopy,
    Who's feeling kinda poopy,
    Who knew 10 months could be so long.
    Know that right from the start,
    You grew in every heart
    And that is right where you belong.
    Nearly finished with the rad,
    Hoping burns are not too bad
    And then Home Sweet Home will be your song.
    Treatment soon will be
    A far off distant memory
    but you'll always be a warrior strong.
    Then your band will start,
    With songs from the heart,
    And everyone here will sing along.
    So hang on Moopy, hang on,
    Cause soon we'll be singin your song.
    From the short to the 50 foot tall,
    we love you, Moopy, one and all.

Maybe my song block is gone. Thanks,

Stef

I like your song
    I like your song Stef!

Thanks Jeanne for starting this! It cheered Moopy up, so, good job!

Hugs,

Leeza
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    cats_toy said:

Almost done!
    Moopy, you are in the home stretch! Hang in there.
    Let us know how it's going when you feel able.
    =^..^=

You just take care Moopy!
    You just take care Moopy! Get lots and lots of rest!

We will be waiting to hear from you when you feel better!
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    fauxma said:

Jeanne,
    You are so special

Jeanne,
    You are so special for your care and concern for all of us but especially right now for Moopy. Even if you are after the lead singer spot, you are a good woman. LOL
    Stef

Thanks Stef!
    Thanks for the compliment Stef! That means a lot to me.

I don't have to be the lead singer, buttttttttttttttttt, it would be nice. ( evil grin )

Love, Jeanne
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

Just thought of this Moopy
    Not that you want to or need to, but, they can stop the rad treatments if you feel that you need a break, or, if you are burnt bad. They stopped them for 2 women when I was taking my rads. And, with one woman, they cut her back to just 3 days a week, which is what my radiation oncologist said they had to have, at least 3 days a week. The other just took a week off to heal up from her burns. She came back and finished just fine. I think I told about this before, but, just incase I didn't, I wanted you to know.

Love, Jeanne

Not for Me
    Jeanne I got very burned and saw alot of women get burned and they never stopped treatment, they said that is what they expect to see sometimes at the end of radiation. Maybe if i would have insisted, but I to wanted to get it over and get back home. I guess every-place is different, but I did absolutely trust and love my rad team.
  • Jeanne D
    Options
    rjjj said:

Not for Me
    Jeanne I got very burned and saw alot of women get burned and they never stopped treatment, they said that is what they expect to see sometimes at the end of radiation. Maybe if i would have insisted, but I to wanted to get it over and get back home. I guess every-place is different, but I did absolutely trust and love my rad team.

I remember your saying that
    I remember your saying that Jackie. And, I think I wrote to you and told you the same that I wrote to Moopy. My radiation oncologist and the rest of the rad techs did not want to see anyone get a 3rd degree burn and possibly be scarred for no reason. Like I wrote, the minimum of rads you have to get for it to be effective, according to my rads team and from what I have read, is 3 rads per week. And, by those 2 taking a lil time off, it saved their skin and a lot of needless pain. I never got burnt that bad, but, if I had of gotten as burnt as those 2 did, I would have stopped my rads for a break too.

And, I am sure every place is different. But, I trusted and still do trust mine. They weren't just giving rads, they were helping us as human beings. I loved my team and still see them a lot. They have now become my friends!

Love, Jeanne
  • sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415
    Options
    DianeBC said:

You just take care Moopy!
    You just take care Moopy! Get lots and lots of rest!

We will be waiting to hear from you when you feel better!

Sorry
    Sorry to hear that you are having a bad time Moopy, but I, like everyone else, will be thinking of you...not too long to go now. Soon be over and life will be back to normal. Take care.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

Sorry
    Sorry to hear that you are having a bad time Moopy, but I, like everyone else, will be thinking of you...not too long to go now. Soon be over and life will be back to normal. Take care.

So sorry Moopy! But, thanks
    So sorry Moopy! But, thanks for letting us know. You shouldn't hide this from us. We are your friends and care about you and want to know how you are doing. I hope that soon you will feel more rested and feel better.

I will be thinking of you Moopy and praying for you! The end is in sight for you!

And, thanks Jeanne for starting this thread! Love to know how Moopy is doing!

Noel
  • rjjj
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

I remember your saying that
    I remember your saying that Jackie. And, I think I wrote to you and told you the same that I wrote to Moopy. My radiation oncologist and the rest of the rad techs did not want to see anyone get a 3rd degree burn and possibly be scarred for no reason. Like I wrote, the minimum of rads you have to get for it to be effective, according to my rads team and from what I have read, is 3 rads per week. And, by those 2 taking a lil time off, it saved their skin and a lot of needless pain. I never got burnt that bad, but, if I had of gotten as burnt as those 2 did, I would have stopped my rads for a break too.

And, I am sure every place is different. But, I trusted and still do trust mine. They weren't just giving rads, they were helping us as human beings. I loved my team and still see them a lot. They have now become my friends!

Love, Jeanne

Maybe it was that I had to drive so far
    that they continued, but mine were definitely 3rd degree, and i had to be on pain pills also at the end. I do not wish that kind of pain on anyone, and alot of people were expecting them to stop , and amazed because they didn't. I do know that I healed up extremely fast and have no scarring, just looks like a little tan now, and for that i am thankful.

I know it is not as hard for some...the burning or the fatigue, but it definitely wasn't a breeze for me, and some others and the fatigue can really get you down also. I rested alot. and drank alot of fluids. I was hoping it would be a breeze after chemo was over...and thought for the first few weeks it would be, everyone is different. I think the radiologists just do what the Rad Onc. orders. and I know I had highest standard of care.
    Hugs, jackie
  • Jeanne D
    Options
    rjjj said:

Maybe it was that I had to drive so far
    that they continued, but mine were definitely 3rd degree, and i had to be on pain pills also at the end. I do not wish that kind of pain on anyone, and alot of people were expecting them to stop , and amazed because they didn't. I do know that I healed up extremely fast and have no scarring, just looks like a little tan now, and for that i am thankful.

I know it is not as hard for some...the burning or the fatigue, but it definitely wasn't a breeze for me, and some others and the fatigue can really get you down also. I rested alot. and drank alot of fluids. I was hoping it would be a breeze after chemo was over...and thought for the first few weeks it would be, everyone is different. I think the radiologists just do what the Rad Onc. orders. and I know I had highest standard of care.
    Hugs, jackie

I have no idea why they
    I have no idea why they would have continued your treatment Jackie. But, you say that you have healed and have no scars and I am very happy about that. Your radiation oncologist just does things differently apparently. Not to say it is right or wrong. I also had the highest standard of care. The Cancer Center I went to is very well known and so is my radiation oncologist. As I said, he not only treated his patients with radiation, he also treated us like human beings, and by that, not wanting to see any of us in needless pain and suffering, when it could be avoided. I find it hard to swallow that any doctor would allow a patient to get a 3rd degree burn and to live on pain pills when it could have been helped.

Just glad you are ok now. That is all that matters, isn't it?

Love, Jeanne
  • rjjj
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

I have no idea why they
    I have no idea why they would have continued your treatment Jackie. But, you say that you have healed and have no scars and I am very happy about that. Your radiation oncologist just does things differently apparently. Not to say it is right or wrong. I also had the highest standard of care. The Cancer Center I went to is very well known and so is my radiation oncologist. As I said, he not only treated his patients with radiation, he also treated us like human beings, and by that, not wanting to see any of us in needless pain and suffering, when it could be avoided. I find it hard to swallow that any doctor would allow a patient to get a 3rd degree burn and to live on pain pills when it could have been helped.

Just glad you are ok now. That is all that matters, isn't it?

Love, Jeanne

I guess thats all that matters
    except I would be really afraid to ever get radiation again, because of the nightmare of it. I did ask (upon my hubbies insistence to see the Onc. so he could see my burns before they did any more radiation and the Dr. said go ahead. No at the time I was not happy at all. But couldn't blame my radiologists because they were just doing orders. I know they felt bad for me, but said they had seen worse and if the Onc. said to continue, that's what they did. I am just glad it is over like you say but hope there is not a next time!!
    hugs, jackie
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

Thanks Stef!
    Thanks for the compliment Stef! That means a lot to me.

I don't have to be the lead singer, buttttttttttttttttt, it would be nice. ( evil grin )

Love, Jeanne

Stef, I think Jeanne is
    Stef, I think Jeanne is trying to be the lead singer, so, keep an eye on her. Since Moopy is down, we have to keep her in line. LOL

Hope today finds you better Moopy!

Hugs,

Kristin
  • Jeanne D
    Options
    rjjj said:

I guess thats all that matters
    except I would be really afraid to ever get radiation again, because of the nightmare of it. I did ask (upon my hubbies insistence to see the Onc. so he could see my burns before they did any more radiation and the Dr. said go ahead. No at the time I was not happy at all. But couldn't blame my radiologists because they were just doing orders. I know they felt bad for me, but said they had seen worse and if the Onc. said to continue, that's what they did. I am just glad it is over like you say but hope there is not a next time!!
    hugs, jackie

I have gone thru radiation
    I have gone thru radiation twice, and, neither of my times were horrid. So, if I had to, I would go thru it again and again and again. And, I thank my radiation oncologist, the techs and the cancer center for that. They did an outstanding, caring job.

I hope you never have to go thru it again! I would pray that noone would ever have to. It is a barbaric treatment if you think about it. There should be something better, but, unfortunately, there isn't yet.

Love, Jeanne
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Noel said:

So sorry Moopy! But, thanks
    So sorry Moopy! But, thanks for letting us know. You shouldn't hide this from us. We are your friends and care about you and want to know how you are doing. I hope that soon you will feel more rested and feel better.

I will be thinking of you Moopy and praying for you! The end is in sight for you!

And, thanks Jeanne for starting this thread! Love to know how Moopy is doing!

Noel

Rads and All
    You're right, Noel, dear dancing kitty who is naughty only sometimes. Who else understands what I feel and am going through?

About rads: I'm finding that it is just as you all said it would be. Booster treatments hurt more, you do become fond of the techs and scared about treatment ending, and more tired,.....

And, it will all be over soon. Then I can devote myself full-time to Aortus, our pups, a new anti-cancer life, the band, and my sisters, kindred spirits, friends here.

Love,
    the Moopinator
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    fauxma said:

Dear Little Moopy,
    Who's

Dear Little Moopy,
    Who's feeling kinda poopy,
    Who knew 10 months could be so long.
    Know that right from the start,
    You grew in every heart
    And that is right where you belong.
    Nearly finished with the rad,
    Hoping burns are not too bad
    And then Home Sweet Home will be your song.
    Treatment soon will be
    A far off distant memory
    but you'll always be a warrior strong.
    Then your band will start,
    With songs from the heart,
    And everyone here will sing along.
    So hang on Moopy, hang on,
    Cause soon we'll be singin your song.
    From the short to the 50 foot tall,
    we love you, Moopy, one and all.

Maybe my song block is gone. Thanks,

Stef

That Kicked A
    Awesome poem. Hope you get to feeling better Ms. Moopy.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Rads and All
    You're right, Noel, dear dancing kitty who is naughty only sometimes. Who else understands what I feel and am going through?

About rads: I'm finding that it is just as you all said it would be. Booster treatments hurt more, you do become fond of the techs and scared about treatment ending, and more tired,.....

And, it will all be over soon. Then I can devote myself full-time to Aortus, our pups, a new anti-cancer life, the band, and my sisters, kindred spirits, friends here.

Love,
    the Moopinator

So good to see you posting
    So good to see you posting Moopy! Hope that means you feel better!

Hugs, Kylez
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    Doing better, indeed!
    My beloved and brave little Moopy has been thrown a couple of curveballs, but nothing she can't handle.

The insurance advocate firm retained by Moopsy's employer has acquired a whole new appreciation of the phrase "Kittens have claws." Moopy's billing appeals have (surprise) been moved to the top of the proverbial pile. My wife is an incredibly nice and sweet woman, but she is not anybody a sane person would mess with.

The rads are still scheduled to end on Friday. Moopy is getting tired and feeling the burn from her "booster" treatments. But she is also looking forward to being done with tx, even if it means leaving St. Louis behind. As am I. We both wonder what the dogs are going to think when they get back to Springfield!

Thank you all for your good wishes and jokes and songs and prayers and everything you have been doing to make this easier on Moopsy (and me)!

Love,
    Joe
  • rjjj
    Options
    Aortus said:

Doing better, indeed!
    My beloved and brave little Moopy has been thrown a couple of curveballs, but nothing she can't handle.

The insurance advocate firm retained by Moopsy's employer has acquired a whole new appreciation of the phrase "Kittens have claws." Moopy's billing appeals have (surprise) been moved to the top of the proverbial pile. My wife is an incredibly nice and sweet woman, but she is not anybody a sane person would mess with.

The rads are still scheduled to end on Friday. Moopy is getting tired and feeling the burn from her "booster" treatments. But she is also looking forward to being done with tx, even if it means leaving St. Louis behind. As am I. We both wonder what the dogs are going to think when they get back to Springfield!

Thank you all for your good wishes and jokes and songs and prayers and everything you have been doing to make this easier on Moopsy (and me)!

Love,
    Joe

No kidding Joe!!
    Your kitten has claws? LOL!! I knew that all along, know why? because she is a survivor.. and we don't lay down for nobody!! Go My Moopster girl!! I am so proud. just what i would do. You will be in my heart always and especially on Friday I would NOT EVER miss the chance to celebrate with you dear friend... in fact i might start now!! YEEEEHAWWWWW!! you are one tough kitten my friend!!
    love ya to pieces, jackie
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

Doing better, indeed!

Love,
    Joe

Are the dogs like children
    Are the dogs like children on these trips? Are we there yet? What city is this? I have to pee. I'm hungry. He's touching me. I can't sleep sitting up. He's in my space. I'm going to be sick. And then one of them throws up on the other. Oh, that was my family trips. Sorry.
    Glad Moopy is almost done and that you and she and the pets will be going back home. I love going away but I always miss my bed. I greet it when I return home. I tell it I missed it. Well, maybe not that extreme but after all this time, you know what I mean.
    And I knew that Moopy had claws cause she is a fighter. And she has a secret (well not so much) weapon, you Joe.
    Stef
  • Jeanne D
    Options
    Aortus said:

Doing better, indeed!

Love,
    Joe

Moopy = Fighter!
    She is, isn't she? Hey, boosters were the worst for me. They really got me down. But, just know that you are almost at the END! The END of the rads, but, a whole NEW beginning for your LIFE!

I will be celebrating with you on Friday Moopy and Joe! I raise my glass early to both of you! Two very wonderful, courageous, dear friends of mine!

Love, Jeanne