OK.....First step.....HELP!

Options

Comments

• tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

My computer mouse is dancing
    for you, Tasha. I've been in your situation. I remember being afraid of being alone. Of growing up to be a bag lady...all those fears. What happened was: I joined Peace Corps, was sent to Jamaica where I met my husband of now 25+ years. All is cool, mon. xoxoxo Lynn

OMG!
    I am gaining strength by every post! Wow. Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxx

Cool....Mon!...
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

My computer mouse is dancing
    for you, Tasha. I've been in your situation. I remember being afraid of being alone. Of growing up to be a bag lady...all those fears. What happened was: I joined Peace Corps, was sent to Jamaica where I met my husband of now 25+ years. All is cool, mon. xoxoxo Lynn

Just thinking...your name in
    Just thinking...your name in Moopy's Band could be Rasta-Lynn!! Which is a take off on Restalyn (sp) a Botox-y drug which is keeping the Hollywood Crowd young looking. Our band is keep all of us young, so why not??? Just a thought

Hugs,
    Claudia a/k/a 5-0
  • chenheart
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

I DID IT!
    Thank you all so much for your love, support and kicks up the arse... I got the apartment, it's absolutely lovely. It's what they call a Batchelor...(So eventually I guess I have to find one of them! LOL) Anyway, It's on the most exclusive street in town...Overlooking the huge Welland Canal! What a view...It's a very tourist area of quaint little shops, harbour-front and even park benches and trees to sit on/under with my morning tea.
    It's very quiet, a very old building, very well maintained. Brand new kitchen, Lighting, Paint, Bathroom, Floors, Carpets and appliances.

I met the landlord (He has a great reputation in town for looking after his Tenants... that's why the shelter organisation work with him) He told me that if I had any problems, even a leaky tap, let him know and it would be dealt with immediately, No big deal!.. Nice guy, insists on vetting everyone new to make sure they don't throw wild parties or turn the place into a drug den. I PASSED!!!!!

Anyway the shelter Org. is subsidising me and I get it for $350can/Month......all inclusive.

She then marched me over the most exclusive furniture shop in town and told me pick out a sofa-bed...WOW!

She told me anything I wanted to take was fine, they'll provide the basics until I get on my feet, even food!.. Any furniture, Brand New! and all towels, bedding, cutlery, crockery, pots and pans........AND Free 1 on 1 counselling with a womens' refuge worker!

I left there to go to chat with my Boss/Friend....She hugged me and told me this was definitely the right move for me.

What REALLY made my mind up was the lovely receptionist...she was out having a fa g when we got back......(She's their resident psychic LOL) anyway, she looked straight into me and said......"I know nothing of your situation......But you are going to be very Ill....Unless you GET OUT!"
    There was something about her that spooked me enough to burst into tears and say......Ok Lets do this.

I got home and explained it to him, he agreed that this was probably the best move for me (and him) at the moment, he's offered financial help, which I will accept until I no longer need to.

Again , Please accept my heartfelt thanks for everything ALL of you have done...........Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just one thing bugging me about this! LOL
    Jxxxxxxxxxxx~

Does it get any better than this??? This is such great news! Well, except for one little thing~ We have been pushing you and kicking your arse, and hugging you, and loving you, and counselling you, and encouraging you, and happy dancing for you but it took a Psychic with a cigarette telling you to get out which made you believe it??? What's up with that?????

Ok, I'm fine with that, just needed to give you some grief! LOL LOL LOL

So happy for you! YAY YAY YAY YAY

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • tasha_111
    Options
    chenheart said:

Jxxxxxxxxxxx~

Does it get any better than this??? This is such great news! Well, except for one little thing~ We have been pushing you and kicking your arse, and hugging you, and loving you, and counselling you, and encouraging you, and happy dancing for you but it took a Psychic with a cigarette telling you to get out which made you believe it??? What's up with that?????

Hugs,
    Claudia

Daft Sod!
    Claudia.........It was in tandem with your help.........LOLOL

Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxx
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

I DID IT!
    Thank you all so much for your love, support and kicks up the arse... I got the apartment, it's absolutely lovely. It's what they call a Batchelor...(So eventually I guess I have to find one of them! LOL) Anyway, It's on the most exclusive street in town...Overlooking the huge Welland Canal! What a view...It's a very tourist area of quaint little shops, harbour-front and even park benches and trees to sit on/under with my morning tea.
    It's very quiet, a very old building, very well maintained. Brand new kitchen, Lighting, Paint, Bathroom, Floors, Carpets and appliances.

I met the landlord (He has a great reputation in town for looking after his Tenants... that's why the shelter organisation work with him) He told me that if I had any problems, even a leaky tap, let him know and it would be dealt with immediately, No big deal!.. Nice guy, insists on vetting everyone new to make sure they don't throw wild parties or turn the place into a drug den. I PASSED!!!!!

Anyway the shelter Org. is subsidising me and I get it for $350can/Month......all inclusive.

She then marched me over the most exclusive furniture shop in town and told me pick out a sofa-bed...WOW!

She told me anything I wanted to take was fine, they'll provide the basics until I get on my feet, even food!.. Any furniture, Brand New! and all towels, bedding, cutlery, crockery, pots and pans........AND Free 1 on 1 counselling with a womens' refuge worker!

I left there to go to chat with my Boss/Friend....She hugged me and told me this was definitely the right move for me.

What REALLY made my mind up was the lovely receptionist...she was out having a fa g when we got back......(She's their resident psychic LOL) anyway, she looked straight into me and said......"I know nothing of your situation......But you are going to be very Ill....Unless you GET OUT!"
    There was something about her that spooked me enough to burst into tears and say......Ok Lets do this.

I got home and explained it to him, he agreed that this was probably the best move for me (and him) at the moment, he's offered financial help, which I will accept until I no longer need to.

Again , Please accept my heartfelt thanks for everything ALL of you have done...........Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tasha, how wonderful! You
    Tasha, how wonderful! You get a fresh new start to living! Take it and enjoy it!
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Daft Sod!

Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxx

:-)
    :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Kind regards, Susan
  • chenheart
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Daft Sod!

Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxx

Oh good, I have always
    Oh good, I have always wanted to be in tandem with a cig smoking psychic~ my day is now complete! Thanks, O Turquoise One! :-)

Hugs and Laughter,
    Claudia
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Options
    chenheart said:

Just thinking...your name in
    Just thinking...your name in Moopy's Band could be Rasta-Lynn!! Which is a take off on Restalyn (sp) a Botox-y drug which is keeping the Hollywood Crowd young looking. Our band is keep all of us young, so why not??? Just a thought

Hugs,
    Claudia a/k/a 5-0

Congratulations, Tasha, on
    Congratulations, Tasha, on making this courageous move. I have been there, done that, and believe me, when you walk into your own place, you will take a deep breath and feel free as a bird. Just between me and you, when I had second thoughts about making a move from my marriage, and really got to thinking about what it would be like to go back with my first husband, it was like the thought of putting on an old shoe. It would feel comfortable, but it is worn out, and will never be like your new life. Enjoy your future, and know there are lots of us who have been in your shoes....and they can be new every day if we like. Life is way to short to look back....only look forward. Enjoy!

Hugs to you, Judy
  • tasha_111
    Options
    DianeBC said:

Tasha, how wonderful! You
    Tasha, how wonderful! You get a fresh new start to living! Take it and enjoy it!

YES
    I can't believe the resources they have out there........I'll not be coming back.. As soon as I get my internet sorted out I'll be in touch..My friends are on here (as a previous post said, Yeah someone with a husband who DID care for her.........)
    Hugs Jxxxxxxxx
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

YES
    I can't believe the resources they have out there........I'll not be coming back.. As soon as I get my internet sorted out I'll be in touch..My friends are on here (as a previous post said, Yeah someone with a husband who DID care for her.........)
    Hugs Jxxxxxxxx

Oh Tasha.... I am so
    Oh Tasha.... I am so thrilled for you... there is definately a link between stressful lives and bad health... I know your going to be not just fine... but healthy and happy!! Everything is going to work out to be more than you ever thought it could be... the most important thing is that you are doing this for you.... AND BELIEVE ME FRIEND YOU WILL REAP THE REWARDS!!!

Hugs and best wishes.... (now if I lived close, I would bring you wine and bread...and a big ole hug)..lol

~t
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    chenheart said:

Jxxxxxxxxxxx~

Hugs,
    Claudia

The Chicken
    Well, I had a chicken ready to sacrifice if she didn't listen to us. :) We can roll some bones next time. :)

Just kidding. I am so glad you have chosen to start anew. Your apartment sounds like a really nice, peaceful place to live. I am sure you will be very happy there. The Landlord sounds like he will take care of things for you. You don't find too many like that. I am very happy for you.

P
  • tasha_111
    Options
    taleena said:

Oh Tasha.... I am so
    Oh Tasha.... I am so thrilled for you... there is definately a link between stressful lives and bad health... I know your going to be not just fine... but healthy and happy!! Everything is going to work out to be more than you ever thought it could be... the most important thing is that you are doing this for you.... AND BELIEVE ME FRIEND YOU WILL REAP THE REWARDS!!!

Hugs and best wishes.... (now if I lived close, I would bring you wine and bread...and a big ole hug)..lol

~t

Taleena?
    And the gorgeous puppy?...........Please, I could cuddle him until his whiskers fall off! Wow.......Thanks
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

YES
    Hugs Jxxxxxxxx

Your friends ARE here!
    am so happy Tash, things are falling into place for you. and I couldn't be any happier. This is perfect. You will soon be living in peace and joy, and all that you deserve my lovely lovely friend.
    hugs, jackie
  • tasha_111
    Options
    rjjj said:

Your friends ARE here!
    am so happy Tash, things are falling into place for you. and I couldn't be any happier. This is perfect. You will soon be living in peace and joy, and all that you deserve my lovely lovely friend.
    hugs, jackie

Waiting
    I'm waiting to exhale........relief!!!!!!!!!! I am just so stressed right now, I could not make any decission this morning, I am totally screwed up........My blood pressure has been rising, I can't sleep- just lie there listening to my over-rapid heartbeat all night.....This morning i awoke to the sure sense that I was not going to see the end of this day.........OK Paranoid as hell, who blames me?.....Thanks all Jxxxxxxxxx
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Waiting
    I'm waiting to exhale........relief!!!!!!!!!! I am just so stressed right now, I could not make any decission this morning, I am totally screwed up........My blood pressure has been rising, I can't sleep- just lie there listening to my over-rapid heartbeat all night.....This morning i awoke to the sure sense that I was not going to see the end of this day.........OK Paranoid as hell, who blames me?.....Thanks all Jxxxxxxxxx

I am sooooo proud of you!!
    I think it took a whole lot of courage to do what you did and I just want you to know that you are someone I look up to. Now I know because of your courage, I can have more courage to face things in my life that I need to. I'll always be able to say "look what Tasha was able to do while she was fighting the beast!".
    You not only helped your self, but you helped a whole lot of other people in ways you will probably never have the pleasure to know.
    I'm truely happy for you!!
    So.....when you getting the first keg????? We promise to celebrate QUIETLY!!! :) Pammy
  • tasha_111
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

I am sooooo proud of you!!
    I think it took a whole lot of courage to do what you did and I just want you to know that you are someone I look up to. Now I know because of your courage, I can have more courage to face things in my life that I need to. I'll always be able to say "look what Tasha was able to do while she was fighting the beast!".
    You not only helped your self, but you helped a whole lot of other people in ways you will probably never have the pleasure to know.
    I'm truely happy for you!!
    So.....when you getting the first keg????? We promise to celebrate QUIETLY!!! :) Pammy

Thanks Pammy
    Today has been hell...I am not in any straight state of mind to make any decissions.......I AM AS CONFUSED As it's possible to be and I'm so depressed, I feel myself heading for a (Nother) total breakdown, I don't know if I can stop this downhill slide, I just know I can't stop it here!
    Thank you for your kind words, they mean a lot to me right now.........I an barely read the screen, I've been crying so much..........Thank you again........Huge Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Thanks Pammy
    Today has been hell...I am not in any straight state of mind to make any decissions.......I AM AS CONFUSED As it's possible to be and I'm so depressed, I feel myself heading for a (Nother) total breakdown, I don't know if I can stop this downhill slide, I just know I can't stop it here!
    Thank you for your kind words, they mean a lot to me right now.........I an barely read the screen, I've been crying so much..........Thank you again........Huge Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tash
    what's going on hon? Drat it sometimes that we only have this board to get a hold of each other ! Wish I could be there to give you a big hug and tell you that everything is going to be okay and that you are making the right decision!
    So sorry that you are having a rough night-try to get some sleep and hopefully things will look brighter tomorrow morning! Saying a quick prayer for you now...
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Thanks Pammy

Julia
    You are one very amazing woman and we all know that. Now you just have to know it and believe it! You are starting to gain confidence in yourself and in your decisions. That is a huge step for someone that has been in an abusive relationship. Your apartment sounds so charming and all of the new stuff? WOW! See, you are being led to a better life Tasha by total strangers because this is what your future should be and is. So, go with it, start over, start a new life, free of the pain, misery and tears that you suffered thru. Start putting a smile on that beautiful face and opening up your heart to others. Cause if it isn't open, noone will find it. But, if you open it up, love will follow! You are a true Jewel!

Love, Jeanne
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

I DID IT!

I am confused. I started to
    I am confused. I started to post my happy thoughts for you but now I see that you are having a tough time. Oh, Tasha, I wish I was there for you. You know that taking the apartment is a good thing and that you will be okay. You need to get in and see your doctor. Maybe with all this stress you need to adjust your meds. I am very concerned for you.
    I don't even know whether you need a hug, a kick in the arse, a stronger happy pill or what but know that we all care so much. Talk with the support people and know that you are making the best and right decision for yourself. I am in total agreement with whoever said that we all wish we were there in person for you.
    Come on, you little daft sod, pull it together, you can do it.
    Stef
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Thanks Pammy

Are You Alright?
    Hey, Lady,

Are you alright? I thought you were happy. What's going on? Maybe you need to get into to see the Doc. Just go and they will see you. Let me know how you are doing.

P