tjhay said:

Another Day Down
    To all my fellow WINNERS repeat after me

I will breath better
    I will smell better
    I will live longer
    I will not take out some for bystander due to withdrawl
    I will not smoke

The lack of nicateen is effecting my brain, really it is, and these darn straws just dont smoke the same
    tjhay

Awww
    I'm so proud of you Tjhay!! And anyone else who is hanging in there!!! (:-) Pammy
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    tjhay said:

Another Day Down

I will breath better
    I will smell better
    I will live longer
    I will not smoke

The lack of nicateen is effecting my brain, really it is, and these darn straws just dont smoke the same
    tjhay

Hey there tjhay... (sounds
    Hey there tjhay... (sounds kind of redundant doesn't it...lol)... Great going... I will be joining you on Monday.... so you will have a few days on me, so you'll be really ready to tell me all the tricks that work!!!

Taking out an innocent bystander.... hum.. now there's a thought..

~T
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    taleena said:

Hey there tjhay... (sounds
    Hey there tjhay... (sounds kind of redundant doesn't it...lol)... Great going... I will be joining you on Monday.... so you will have a few days on me, so you'll be really ready to tell me all the tricks that work!!!

Taking out an innocent bystander.... hum.. now there's a thought..

~T

Just checking In
    Betcha thought I ditched you all huh?, Well I sure felt like it too. I was supposed to go back to work yesterday, but somehow I talked myself out of going when the alarm went off. I got up at 11am and I'll admit it I smoked 2 cig's before I even remembered what day it was. I guess I was so mad at myself that I didn't care. I wanted to come on line and tell you guys, but since I've been such a hog on the computer lately, my kids were crying for their turn. After that I did okay.

The problem is that my husbro smokes too, only he smokes about 5 A WEEK! lucky him huh? He never even buys a pack, he just steals 1 or 2 out of mine and puts them away. He can even go for weeks with out one, no big deal for him. The thing is that I always know that he has one hidden somewhere, so I go after them.

Today I put my patch on and did okay, even though it's so hot that it doesn't want to stay on! So I have to keep pressing on it, anyway I did well until my mom called (about and hour ago) and got my feathers ruffled, (long story with her, I'll tell you all about it all another time) anyway I went tearing through the house looking for his hidden stash, blaming it on my mom, and the patch that would stay on og course. But he held out, or really doesn't have any ( shoulder shrug) either way the feeling passed and I'm okay again.

TJ I just wanted to tell you how proud of you I am, the reluctant quitter, is doing better than us all! Hang in there!!!

KC and Iamhope don't worry, my Doctor said that it's normal to slip or given, All we got to do is get right back on that horse, and give it another try.

We can do this you guys!

Good luck, Aurora
  • aurora2009
    Options
    tjhay said:

Another Day Down

I will breath better
    I will smell better
    I will live longer
    I will not smoke

tjhay

I will breath better
    I will smell better
    I will live longer
    I will not smoke

I think this is a great solgan, not I just got tyo remember it for when I'm away from the computer!

Aurora
  • aurora2009
    Options

Hey Guys,
    From the other

Hey Guys,
    From the other posts, it looks like some of us are having some struggles, unrelated to the smoking, so I'm not sure where everyone is at with this...tj - how is it going for you?

My report (as copied & pasted from another post):
    Day 1 and I have failed. The day just started bad and got worse with my onco visit. I was on edge when I woke up today and it has evolved worse...perhaps my gut told me it was going to be and unsettling day.

I am currently not even in survivor mode and and, with the smoking thing...feeling like a complete "quitter" on "not smoking".

(Sigh)
    I know I'll dust off & bounce back when I can digest & accept.
    "Tomorrow's another day, and I'm thirsty anyway, so bring on the rain..." -Jo Dee Messina

Sorry I let you down,
    KC

Kc
    You could never let us down, this is hard, and as you can see, we're all having a hard time with it, but that's okay it's expected as long as you don't give up. Maybe this was just the wrong date for you. Re-group and set you're sights on Monday if that's better for you.

This was the first post I checked after being gone for two days, so I'm not sure waht going on with you right now, but I'll try to catch up and get back to you. PM me if you need someone to talk too.

Hang in there okay, we're all here for you okay!

God Bless you, your friend,

Aurora
  • IamHope
    IamHope Member Posts: 58
    Options
    Honesty
    Err... Do we have to be honest here? Can't I just be an amazing success story here? Sigh, ok, I'm not doing so good with giving up. Finding lots of excuses why this is not such a good time to give up.
  • tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    Options
    IamHope said:

Honesty
    Err... Do we have to be honest here? Can't I just be an amazing success story here? Sigh, ok, I'm not doing so good with giving up. Finding lots of excuses why this is not such a good time to give up.

take your time, you may
    take your time, you may start and restart, the point is your trying, it will get easier, and it will get harder but we will all do it togeather

tj
  • tjhay
    Options
    IamHope said:

Honesty

take your time, you may
    take your time, you may start and restart, the point is your trying, it will get easier, and it will get harder but we will all do it togeather

tj
  • TrishyG
    TrishyG Member Posts: 40
    Options
    tjhay said:

take your time, you may

tj

It's so hard to quit. I
    It's so hard to quit. I loved to smoke. It was the one time in the day that I could sit and be alone with my thoughts. However, It was costing me a fortune. The way that I quit was I found a piece of jewelry that I wanted and was able to put it on layaway. Everytime I wanted to buy a pack of Cigs ($7.00 ouch) I put it away. Everyweek I made payments on my item. It was about $50. Within 6 months I now have a lovely pair of 1 caret diamond earrings.
  • Kayla1
    Kayla1 Member Posts: 101
    Options
    TrishyG said:

It's so hard to quit. I
    It's so hard to quit. I loved to smoke. It was the one time in the day that I could sit and be alone with my thoughts. However, It was costing me a fortune. The way that I quit was I found a piece of jewelry that I wanted and was able to put it on layaway. Everytime I wanted to buy a pack of Cigs ($7.00 ouch) I put it away. Everyweek I made payments on my item. It was about $50. Within 6 months I now have a lovely pair of 1 caret diamond earrings.

You are all doing wonderful!
    You are all doing wonderful! You are talking, thinking, doing something regarding quitting and here I sit doing nothing about it! Maybe if you make me feel guilty enough I'll find the strength!
    Please keep this thread going so you can inspire me to also quit. I can not even imagine setting a date to quit! I am smoking less on good days but on stressfull days that goes out the window.
    I love the gift to yourself thing!
    Good luck to all!
    K
  • faithandprayer
    faithandprayer Member Posts: 177
    Options
    Hi All -
    I'm still

Hi All -
    I'm still here...and...(great shame)...lighting up...BUT! I'm still here. I am committed to doing this. I just have to get it together.

All of your posts have been so helpful in keeping my focus on track and, it makes it really difficult to back out (exactly what I need). Thank you for your prayers, cheers, success stories, struggle stories and, Kayla, the inspiration that somehow this thread may empower you to overcome this horrible vice, too - you are welcome on board at anytime!!! I believe keeping this thread alive may help to keep many alive.

Aurora - haven't crossed paths with you for awhile - I've missed you!
    IamHope - hang in there & thanks for your encouragement - WE WILL CONQUER THIS
    Padee/Pat - where are you?!?!
    taleena - sending you tons of strength for Monday - you go girl!!!

TJ - I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!! Thank you for your strength!!!
    Hugs,
    KC
  • tjhay
    Options

Hi All -
    I'm still

Hi All -
    I'm still here...and...(great shame)...lighting up...BUT! I'm still here. I am committed to doing this. I just have to get it together.

All of your posts have been so helpful in keeping my focus on track and, it makes it really difficult to back out (exactly what I need). Thank you for your prayers, cheers, success stories, struggle stories and, Kayla, the inspiration that somehow this thread may empower you to overcome this horrible vice, too - you are welcome on board at anytime!!! I believe keeping this thread alive may help to keep many alive.

Aurora - haven't crossed paths with you for awhile - I've missed you!
    IamHope - hang in there & thanks for your encouragement - WE WILL CONQUER THIS
    Padee/Pat - where are you?!?!
    taleena - sending you tons of strength for Monday - you go girl!!!

TJ - I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!! Thank you for your strength!!!
    Hugs,
    KC

Fello Winners
    It is not always easy to go without my dirty little secret, I have found that the more i am on the pc the more i want to somke, so if you see a little less of me for a few days please understand that it is because the pc is a bad influence on me, i think it wants me to smoke, i sit down in front of it and the first thing i think is i need a smoke. So i will continue to check in, but it there are not other posts no that i am ok, and have only grounded the computer for being so mean as to want me to smoke.
    happy smiles
    tjhay
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    tjhay said:

Fello Winners
    It is not always easy to go without my dirty little secret, I have found that the more i am on the pc the more i want to somke, so if you see a little less of me for a few days please understand that it is because the pc is a bad influence on me, i think it wants me to smoke, i sit down in front of it and the first thing i think is i need a smoke. So i will continue to check in, but it there are not other posts no that i am ok, and have only grounded the computer for being so mean as to want me to smoke.
    happy smiles
    tjhay

When my mom was trying to
    When my mom was trying to quit, her doctor told her to change some of her routines that revolved around smoking. She always had a cig with her coffee 1st thing in the morning before shower, hair etc so she started taking her shower and doing her hair and then having coffee. So your computer is probably telling you to smoke. Eat celery sticks while you are online and see if that fools the computer. Change things up and see if that is helpful. I quit many years by putting the cigs on the top of the frig and saying everytime I craved one that I would wait 1/2 hour. I did one or two weeks of waiting 1/2 hour and then through the package away. I never said I wouldn't have one just delayed it 1/2 hour at a time. So there are tricks, aids, medical helps for everyone to try. It is hard and backsliding can happen but it's like a diet, just because you give in to something doesn't mean to give up trying. I quit smoking more easily than I can lose weight. We all have challenges. We just need to keep plugging away at them.
    I hope that all of the quitters out there are successful. Sometimes being a quitter is a wonderful thing.
    Stef
  • faithandprayer
    faithandprayer Member Posts: 177
    Options
    tjhay said:

Fello Winners
    happy smiles
    tjhay

Blazing the Trail
    Will miss you but - good for you!!!
    ...darn computer!!!

Smiles Back,
    KC
  • sgamtd
    sgamtd Member Posts: 124
    Options
    tjhay said:

Fello Winners
    happy smiles
    tjhay

hang in there TJ
    I have a pc just like that, also my car seems to not want to start until I lite up. Breakfast, coffee and ............, so many times and places that seem to say lite up now.
    I made a few fake cigarettes to use in lieu of straws, paper rolled up and taped (the tape acts like the filter), I kept losing the straws because they are clear. I also empty several bottle of water every day, keeping my mouth and hands busy is the key.
    sgamtd
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    sgamtd said:

hang in there TJ
    I have a pc just like that, also my car seems to not want to start until I lite up. Breakfast, coffee and ............, so many times and places that seem to say lite up now.
    I made a few fake cigarettes to use in lieu of straws, paper rolled up and taped (the tape acts like the filter), I kept losing the straws because they are clear. I also empty several bottle of water every day, keeping my mouth and hands busy is the key.
    sgamtd

I am borrowing an idea from
    I am borrowing an idea from our 50 ft woman and her jazzercize and also what a friend and I did when we were 12 and her little sister caught us smoking. Take your rolled up paper, tape it at the filter end, put just a little baby powder or Shower to Shower inside the other end, tape it also, put a small pin hole in that end and a pin hole in the filter end and blow on it. It looks just like smoke. Well, it did to my friends 6 year old sister and kept us out of deep trouble. I smoked from then until I was in my 30s. But I kicked it.
    As I mentioned in another post, try to change some of your routines that are linked to the smoking. If a cig goes with coffee, maybe change to tea and in another room. If you had one right after dinner and then cleaned up, then clean up right away and go on the computer. Just little things that help to cut the links. It's impossible to change everything, just try to change even one or two of the important cigarettes. We all had those. Mine was a cig while I put on my make up so I stopped wearing make up for a week. A friend was after, well, you know, after, so no she didn't give up that but she did hop up and take a shower. She did said she one positive thing that came of it was she was very clean. Well, we were in our 30s and that happened more often than now.
    I am so proud of all you amazing women who are taking this step. It's hard and even harder when you are under this other stress. It would be so much more difficult for me now with that many more years of smoking under the belt and with the added stress of cancer. I have known people who find it odd that someone with cancer would continue to smoke but it's not somthing that can be stopped that easily. We have all known the dangers and just because we have cancer doesn't mean that we can just throw out the pack and be done with it. So just keep working at it. And do your best. It is a one day, one half day, one minute at a time kind of a deal. But you can all succeed.
    My best to you all.
    Stef
  • jojo elizapest
    jojo elizapest Member Posts: 122
    Options
    sgamtd said:

hang in there TJ
    sgamtd

Reading through these posts I was struck by the expression 'lite up'. For me it just reminds me of what I do not want to see in a PET scan report....both deadly.

Having a group to support you will hopefully translate to success....

You are a great bunch of losers!!

Jojo
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Reading through these posts I was struck by the expression 'lite up'. For me it just reminds me of what I do not want to see in a PET scan report....both deadly.

Having a group to support you will hopefully translate to success....

You are a great bunch of losers!!

Jojo

Hope you all have had that
    Hope you all have had that last cig by now. Good luck!