Roll Call: Oldies and Newbies, tell me your weekend plans!!

Options

Comments

• Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    New Bedroom Furniture!
    Mimi scores big time with Retail Therapy! Sounds beautiful...

Tonight, we'll have pizza delivered. (Husband's always tired on Fridays). Oddly enough, I went grocery shopping today (NOT Retail Therapy!), and hate to prepare dinner on the day I shop for food.

Tomorrow, the biggest and best annual summer block party in our neighborhood - next street over. Tomorrow morning, I'll prepare deviled eggs and bake brownies to share - we'll enjoy the music, games, and company of our friends & neighbors all afternoon and into the evening.

Sunday - no plans yet, which I love especially after a busier Saturday. Probably gardening (me), mowing & grilling dinner (him).

Hope all enjoy their weekends, no matter what!

Kind regards, Susan
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Options

New Bedroom Furniture!

Tonight, we'll have pizza delivered. (Husband's always tired on Fridays). Oddly enough, I went grocery shopping today (NOT Retail Therapy!), and hate to prepare dinner on the day I shop for food.

Tomorrow, the biggest and best annual summer block party in our neighborhood - next street over. Tomorrow morning, I'll prepare deviled eggs and bake brownies to share - we'll enjoy the music, games, and company of our friends & neighbors all afternoon and into the evening.

Sunday - no plans yet, which I love especially after a busier Saturday. Probably gardening (me), mowing & grilling dinner (him).

Kind regards, Susan

Great-Granddaughter Is Visiting
    I am waiting for my granddaughter, and her daughter and husband right now. This will be my first "real" visit with the great-granddaughter, as she was born during my treatment. Of course I have lots of pictures sent by internet, but nothing like the real thing. (They live about four hours away from me.) Will have a great time just hugging and kissing on her this weekend. Hope all are going to enjoy these next couple of days as much as I am.
    Hugs,

Judy
  • dmc_emmy
    dmc_emmy Member Posts: 549
    Options

New Bedroom Furniture!

Kind regards, Susan

Sounds like everyone is having a great week-end...
    Some are have reason to celebrate. :D How nice! :)

My week-end began today: I tutored a summertime middle-schooler in math today, he's a smart kid, just very dyslexic; took Emmy to see my three hospice clients and she made them smile (one laughed when she jumped onto his bed-a no, no, but he didn't seem to mind), soon my hubby and I will be going to a "Dance in the park" celebration in a little town about 30 min from home (we're bringing two out of the three doges with us), and then we pla to have a simple dinner (pizza sounds good).

I need to read a book this week-end (just got it yesterday) because there will be a book discussion on it Sunday evening. I better read fast, I don't want to sound too stupid.

The rest of the week-end will be lazy as I watch my flowers grow.
    dmc
  • slarned
    slarned Member Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm a Newbie
    I'm a newbie - also new to the internet - I don't have pictures either.

We're going to my sister's for a barbeque Saturday eve (my household consists of my brother and his daughter (when she's visiting from Ft. Morgan) my son, and myself). Definitely looking forward to it.

Still very uncomfortable with this "new experience." I've told my family that "I don't want to talk about it - BC" Maybe I'll be able to open up without opening the flood gates and people can actually get some information from me - seeings how it's evident "I've shaved my head and replaced the hair with a bandana.

I have kinda shut myself off. However, I took the kids to lunch - in public, and felt "okay" with it.

Tomorrow morning I'm gonna take the kids to a movie as well.

And, then on Monday - I have to drive my niece home - hopefully she'll be back out again before school starts.

Thanks,
    slarned
  • SoftBallMom2
    SoftBallMom2 Member Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks for including me. I
    Thanks for including me. I am still recovering from surgery so I won't be doing much. I am really lucky to have a wonderful husband. He has had to take over all the chores. He tries to get everything done laundry, grass mowed, kids where they need to go, and working. So, that is what he will be doing tomorrow. On Sundays we always go to my mother-in-laws house for dinner. She is great. Has always treated me like her own daughter. My daughter has softball practice on Sunday. I hope I get to go watch. I have missed alot of her games and practices since this all started. It feels nice to do normal things and forget about all this cancer stuff. Hope you guys all have a great weekend. I am glad to be a little part of all of you.
  • SoftBallMom2
    SoftBallMom2 Member Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks for including me. I am still recovering from surgery so I won't be doing much. I am really lucky to have a wonderful husband. He has had to take over all the chores. He tries to get everything done laundry, grass mowed, kids where they need to go, and working. So, that is what he will be doing tomorrow. On Sundays we always go to my mother-in-laws house for dinner. She is great. Has always treated me like her own daughter. My daughter has softball practice on Sunday. I hope I get to go watch. I have missed alot of her games and practices since this all started. It feels nice to do normal things and forget about all this cancer stuff. Hope you guys all have a great weekend. I am glad to be a little part of all of you.
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

Pup!
    Oh, be sure to post pictures of the the new puppy!!

LOL Mimi......
    Tomorrow will also find me near the floor, at puppy level, to "puppy proof" the house! We should get a picture of that!! CR crawling around the floor, looking for "tasty" items to chew! LOL!!

CR
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    rjjj said:

Thanks fo the great idea
    believe it o not I haven't seen any of the Harry Potter movies and I will just love this! Ok if I steal your idea? have a great time!
    hugs, Jackie

Absolutely!! Steal away...
    Absolutely!! Steal away... just have fun!!! Hope you are feeling tons better everyday!

Hugs,

~T
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    mmmmm new furniture, love it!
    thanks Mimi, I will hopefully be able to finish my "summer" window this weekend, so that it will be ready to take to Vegas the weekend of the 25th. If I finish it, I might read a book. I actually left work early today so that I could have some alone time, hubby is off fishing and won't be back til later tonite.
    And Susan, I want a brownie, please??????
    =^..^=
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options

Weekend Plans////////
    Ok... For Starters My Now Ex will be moving out. I will be working tomorrow so I won't have to put up with his 'Drama Queen Act'......
    I intend to rest and recouperate sunday......wish me luck, I'll NOT be answering the phone....... Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Weekend Plans////////
    Ok... For Starters My Now Ex will be moving out. I will be working tomorrow so I won't have to put up with his 'Drama Queen Act'......
    I intend to rest and recouperate sunday......wish me luck, I'll NOT be answering the phone....... Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Moving out
    Julia,
    I'm glad to here that you are taking a stand and getting that person out of your life. Now you can enjoy time with Jamie as well without the antics of you Now Ex.

You can do it girl friend.
    Chin up--life will get better--just remember you've made it through a tough chapter in your life with BC. If you can get through that you can get through just about anything.

Love,
    Margo
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    slarned said:

I'm a Newbie
    I'm a newbie - also new to the internet - I don't have pictures either.

We're going to my sister's for a barbeque Saturday eve (my household consists of my brother and his daughter (when she's visiting from Ft. Morgan) my son, and myself). Definitely looking forward to it.

Still very uncomfortable with this "new experience." I've told my family that "I don't want to talk about it - BC" Maybe I'll be able to open up without opening the flood gates and people can actually get some information from me - seeings how it's evident "I've shaved my head and replaced the hair with a bandana.

I have kinda shut myself off. However, I took the kids to lunch - in public, and felt "okay" with it.

Tomorrow morning I'm gonna take the kids to a movie as well.

And, then on Monday - I have to drive my niece home - hopefully she'll be back out again before school starts.

Thanks,
    slarned

slarned.....
    Hello and welcome. I'm very happy that you found us!

If you want to talk about your cancer and treatments, please feel free to talk about it here. We are all going through, or have gone through, what you are facing.
    It's perfectly alright to cry and it can be very cathartic. Believe me.

We are here for you if and when you want to talk. Or if you want to vent. Or if you simply want virtual hugs....

CR
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    cats_toy said:

mmmmm new furniture, love it!
    thanks Mimi, I will hopefully be able to finish my "summer" window this weekend, so that it will be ready to take to Vegas the weekend of the 25th. If I finish it, I might read a book. I actually left work early today so that I could have some alone time, hubby is off fishing and won't be back til later tonite.
    And Susan, I want a brownie, please??????
    =^..^=

Brownie served up! :-)
    With a scoop of vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and a cherry?

However, leaving early - although a step in the right direction - is not the same as a DAY OFF!

Kind regards, The Brat
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options

With a scoop of vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and a cherry?

However, leaving early - although a step in the right direction - is not the same as a DAY OFF!

Kind regards, The Brat

I can't speak for Cat,...
    I can't speak for Cat,... but I can for me.... all of the above please...lol... brownies... my first choice in comfort food...
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Garden
    Mimi, I thought you were going to start a little garden on your balcony? You can still do it! It is not too late. I am also a bird feeder fanatic. I'm jealous; you may be visited by a cardinal. There are no cardinals in Idaho. They like black oil sunflower seeds, if you are interested.

This weekend, I plan to lay low. Last weekend we hosted a wedding reception for our daughter who was married April 10. Definitely had too much fun with friends and family as I am zonkered.

The garden here needs tending. I also plan to rewatch Juno with my 16-year old daughter who has just returned from almost a year as an exchange student in Germany. I also have a Netflix - the old '50's Flash Gordon - to watch.

Next week is a busy week, since I will be in a class from 8:30-4:30 that is an hour's drive away. Our state is in the process of having a "Math Initiative." All teachers are required to take this class if they want to renew their certificates. I love the philosophy behind the class, but summer is racing by and I want to just vegetate a bit.

Lynn
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Weekend Plans////////

Wow, Julia
    I am wishing you luck and sending you all the good karma I can. Love to you. Lynn
  • cats_toy
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

Garden
    Mimi, I thought you were going to start a little garden on your balcony? You can still do it! It is not too late. I am also a bird feeder fanatic. I'm jealous; you may be visited by a cardinal. There are no cardinals in Idaho. They like black oil sunflower seeds, if you are interested.

This weekend, I plan to lay low. Last weekend we hosted a wedding reception for our daughter who was married April 10. Definitely had too much fun with friends and family as I am zonkered.

The garden here needs tending. I also plan to rewatch Juno with my 16-year old daughter who has just returned from almost a year as an exchange student in Germany. I also have a Netflix - the old '50's Flash Gordon - to watch.

Next week is a busy week, since I will be in a class from 8:30-4:30 that is an hour's drive away. Our state is in the process of having a "Math Initiative." All teachers are required to take this class if they want to renew their certificates. I love the philosophy behind the class, but summer is racing by and I want to just vegetate a bit.

Lynn

Bird Feeders-me too Lynn
    I have so many in my front yard, my hubby says I bring them in so it's easier for the cats to catch them (not true). I have an area for wild bird seed, an area for the goldfinches, and an area for the hummers! I am surrounded, and love it.
    I even put one up in front of my window at work so I could enjoy them there too.
    and the black oil sunflower seeds are the blue jays faves too, and a bonus, I get sunflowers popping up all over the yard.

=^..^=
  • cats_toy
    Options

Kind regards, The Brat

~T !!! don't take my brownie!
    Yes Brat (!), all of it! yummmy!!!
    hey! I told you, I am taking July 24th off, hehe

=^..^=
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

Garden

Lynn

hmmm....
    No definite plans for weekend. Hubby working extra. I have an office I want to paint, so I may work in there getting things preped. Still need to pick out paint color. That can take me weeks!! :) Pammy
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

hmmm....
    No definite plans for weekend. Hubby working extra. I have an office I want to paint, so I may work in there getting things preped. Still need to pick out paint color. That can take me weeks!! :) Pammy

Hmmmmmmmmm
    Why are we up and awake at this time in the morning?.... 3AM here.......He's gone......I would love to party but I have to work today.....

Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx